BHVR I think you're forgetting to add breakable doors to the New Maps?

I thought God Windows weren't gonna be a thing anymore since 2019 but here we are...

BHVR legit added god windows on the New Haddonfield buildings and Garden's of Joy Main Building has the 3 God Windows. This is just ridiculous.

Bruh, you guys promised to balance perks but the Map Balance on new maps is so bad that frankly I'm losing hope again for the future of DBD where every Map will have God Windows.

I don't even see Breakable Doors here like what happened to those?


Edit: WORST PART is, in the upcoming Resident Evil Part 2 Chapter, I'm predicting based on the recent maps, it's gonna be another indoors map so that will have the God Pallets of the RPD Map and having the God Windows of Garden of Joy.

Comments

  • What? You don't think 3 god windows and a god pallet is a fair and balanced structure? The windows on garden of joy are also just low enough that you don't suffer from fall stagger and because they give so much distance you can slow vault them so the fun never ends.

  • DONT REMIND THEM

  • Forgetting? Not really. I've always got the feeling that behavior is form over function. Whether something is broken balance wise comes way after it looking pretty neat.

  • I thought people hate breakable walls, especially those two on Dead Dawg which are must-break.

  • What is the issue with Haddonfield? The only problem I can think of are the two windows that can be chained in the one house. The map is otherwise very balanced.

    The new map might also have windows that are a bit too good, but it as well isn't that bad in general. It has a lot of mindgameable pallet loops actually.

    I do know there is at least one breakeable wall in the new map, but it doesn't serve much purpose.

  • I'm daring to hope that this is a trend, and they're not adding them because they've gotten overwhelmingly negative feedback. Haddonfield getting spammed with breakable doors was one of my biggest fears with map's revamp.

    That said, you're not wrong that they did the god window plus breakable door combo on both of these maps (which is just a stupid way to do breakable walls - they should be optional and have benefits to being in either state, not predropped god pallets the killer has no choice but to remove) and then didn't add the breakable wall...

  • @ad19970 said:

    What is the issue with Haddonfield? The only problem I can think of are the two windows that can be chained in the one house. The map is otherwise very balanced.

    The new map might also have windows that are a bit too good, but it as well isn't that bad in general. It has a lot of mindgameable pallet loops actually.

    I do know there is at least one breakeable wall in the new map, but it doesn't serve much purpose.

    Haddon is filled with what I call "semi-infinites". The windows are only infinites when ran certain ways, but they pretty much may as well be infinite windows against easily W keyable killers and with any survivor with sprint burst.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995064#Comment_2995064

    Haddon is filled with what I call "semi-infinites". The windows are only infinites when ran certain ways, but they pretty much may as well be infinite windows against easily W keyable killers and with any survivor with sprint burst.

    Hmm haven't made that experience myself yet. It's good that in general, the killer is the one to decide in which direction survivors can run a loop.

    Not convinced yet that killers don't have enough counterplay against that, but maybe that will still come.

  • Putting a breakable wall into a loop is admitting that the loop is unbalanced.

    BHVR don't admit mistakes.

  • @Chadku said:

    I thought people hate breakable walls, especially those two on Dead Dawg which are must-break.

    The mechanic of breakable walls has never been liked but it's been more or less that adding these strong windows with no way for the killer to make bearable. It's a nessicary evil when bhvr doesn't make fair tiles from the start.

  • I think its because breakable walls showed they add little in terms of gameplay depth and they are silently getting over them, first maps after they were introduced had a ton but newest reworks have maybe 1 or 2.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995057#Comment_2995057

    The mechanic of breakable walls has never been liked but it's been more or less that adding these strong windows with no way for the killer to make bearable. It's a nessicary evil when bhvr doesn't make fair tiles from the start.

    Is it really a necessary evil when they could just... not add god windows in the first place?

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995106#Comment_2995106

    Is it really a necessary evil when they could just... not add god windows in the first place?

    As said, "when bhvr don't make fair tiles from the start".

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995080#Comment_2995080

    Hmm haven't made that experience myself yet. It's good that in general, the killer is the one to decide in which direction survivors can run a loop.

    Not convinced yet that killers don't have enough counterplay against that, but maybe that will still come.

    Problem with haddon is that the loop is so big, that any attempt to change direction allows the survivor to just move to another building.

  • @Shroompy said:

    DONT REMIND THEM

    Yes I hate them too, but I would much rather them having god windows that are justified with a breakable wall next to them than god windows with no justifiable countermeasures to them whatsoever (which is the case on the new map. thrice.).


    Of course the best solution is to just not have god windows like that exist in the first place, but we all know that won't be happening...

  • It's weird how BHVR changes Hadonfeld completely but does everything wrong with it but this time on a bigger house.

  • I wouldn’t mind more breakable doors. But only on Double L loops with a pallet at the start of one. Like on Trappers and Nurses home maps. So many loops that need a break somewhere in them. Since the entity seems to love L shaped structures and obstacles.

  • @Chadku said:

    I thought people hate breakable walls, especially those two on Dead Dawg which are must-break.

    Well we do hate em but instead of having a god window we get a less safe window I would break it.

  • @Laluzi said:

    I'm daring to hope that this is a trend, and they're not adding them because they've gotten overwhelmingly negative feedback. Haddonfield getting spammed with breakable doors was one of my biggest fears with map's revamp.

    That said, you're not wrong that they did the god window plus breakable door combo on both of these maps (which is just a stupid way to do breakable walls - they should be optional and have benefits to being in either state, not predropped god pallets the killer has no choice but to remove) and then didn't add the breakable wall...

    If I can recall didn't the ptb have breakable walls in the houses now it's only the shed

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995065#Comment_2995065

    If I can recall didn't the ptb have breakable walls in the houses now it's only the shed

    Isn't the shed in joy already safer than your usual shed?

    Especially since there are spots where you can look at the killer.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995084#Comment_2995084

    Problem with haddon is that the loop is so big, that any attempt to change direction allows the survivor to just move to another building.

    That's fair, though I think if you do it at the right time, because survivors don't have line of sight, you can make them hesitate a bit.

    I guess all I can say is that I haven't experienced any problem with the map yet myself.