Stop Hoarding! I Have 319 Cakes
Hello!
Just a message to my fellow addon/offering hoarders - use your stuff!
I decided I wanted to prestige III a few characters and, naturally, have to spend my cakes & high-power addons before I lose it all, and discovered that I have a virtually inexhaustible supply of the stuff!
This is on my killers, mind you. I think I ended up in a situation where I would amass my BP enhancing offerings (namely cakes & bloody party streamers) since the feeling of doing very badly during a match where you end up giving the survivors an absurd amount of bonus bloodpoints is not a very good feeling at all. Similarly, bringing limited supply addons can feel like a waste if the match doesn't go as planned! Additionally, I've long feared using addons that I'd become dependent on having - like, the kind that change your playstyle so significantly that you effectively can't even play your killer without that addon.
It's all NONSENSE! Spend your stuff! Go nuts!
All said, I've been currently cleaning out my 15 Judith's Tombstones on Meyers while I also clean out my bloody party streamers, and some survivors have been a little cross with me for 'wasting' them - but I'll tell you what the real waste is: never using it at all!
I think the mentality that you HAVE to get maximum value whenever you bring an addon/offering is a self-defeating way of handling your stuff. Of course you'll have plenty of matches where you come in armed to the teeth and end up with an embarrassing performance - but if you are getting agitated over not getting crazy value out of your things, you'll also never get to enjoy when those addons & offerings really rake in the benefits!
Comments
On killer - I agree on survivor in soloq? Hell no! I rather keep them until the game shuts down than spend them on teammates who do nothing but hide all match, let me die on hook and/or a camping tunneling killer.
MY CAKE!!!!!
Sorry, I'm a natural hoarder. When I hit P3, I stop using any items or addons for the most part so I can watch the numbers climb. Stockpiling Plague addons is my secret joy. The new lossless prestige system is going to be interesting to my habits, that's for sure - at least I was comfy using stuff when I was going to lose it anyway, and the addons served as a helpful training-wheels sort of situation while I was still learning a killer.
(That said, you probably should use the tombstones on a different game than with the party streamers - tombstone is low BP for everyone, including you, and you would get more out of your party streamers with virtually any other Myers addons. I'm not saying keep them, that's my own quirk to deal with, but there's no reason not to optimize use of really limited resources. You can't tell what's going to happen in any given match, and I frown at people who refuse to burn party streamers because they hate the idea of rewarding someone who's going to beat them badly or whatever, but tombstone is a case where you know what's going to happen even in the best-case scenario. It's like bringing vanity mirror and tuft of hair - these things contradict each other, and at that point, you may as well have not used one of them at all.)
That said, you probably should use the tombstones on a different game than with the party streamers - tombstone is low BP for everyone, including you, and you would get more out of your party streamers with virtually any other Myers addonsI'm partway doing it intentionally to try and force myself out of the mindset that an offering is wasted if I bring in anything under like 24,000 points in a match.
Also the reactions so far are worth more than bp. ๐
All my killers except Dredge are already P3.Those 111 anniversary cakes on Nemmy = good luck, I'm never using those.
Never,
I would LOVE to spend, to share my stuff, I can get to level 35 on the blood web and NO party streamers or cakes, I don't hoard! BHVR aren't giving out enough cakes and party streamers. Also imagine using your cake and getting camped and earning dickens? I feel I need to use what I have when I am playing with family others so least they will benefit if I have a bad match. There is a time, means, feeling of the games it's not to use it willy nilly!
(Don't worry my characters that are already P3 will continue to accumulate trinkets)
Is there cake now? Did they bring the cake?
I have hundreds on killers... and I'm a survivor main, lol. I probably only have 10 total (anniversary cakes) left on survivors. Now that the prestige system is getting an overhaul though, I should probably play a lot more killer, at least for the ones I wouldn't mine P3ing. Burning through 200 something on Spirit though would be so tedious.
I use everything but party streamers, there's no way I'm going to reward all the aholes in this game with more BP.
I've never understood hoarding either. It's not like real life currency or goods. There's no point in not using them. I've seen people go in without items, denying themselves a straight up advantage, for the purpose of hoarding. I've seen people go in without offerings, denying themselves and advantage or extra bp. If you've got it, use it.
Yup, use them! I used to just bring a yellow medkit + 8 charges and 5% faster heal. Sometimes a basic yellow flashlight with a common battery. Since I'm now p3ing every survivor I've been using THE GOOD stuff. Refined Serums + Syringes, styptics, broken bulb + odd bulb + purple flash for a REALLY long flash blind.
It's a lot of fun. But I've still been prestiging characters with a bunch of these good addons still on them. I even prestiged Feng with 100 Chinese firecrackers on her because it would take too long to use them. I'm still trying to cut down from 100 refined serums and another 100 broken bulb's on mikaela before p3ing her...
I have the same amount on nemesis too.
I rarely use them in solo queue for obvious reasons. But if playing with friends I will use them.
I only have one of each from the previous two years left on Dweet which I am keeping as a memento. Same with Mikey.
I still got 250 five years anniversary Cakes...
No
As a matter of fact. Whenever i use a cake, i either get gen rushed or tunneled. There is no exception.
Listen, when the dev fix the grinding in the game, I'll stop hoarding the cakes lol.
Also, I like to hoard just to flex my inventory at people :P.
I am still building up Clown stuff as we speak.
No. >:(
They are MINE.
Also all jokes aside, I have like 500+ red mories stashed accross all my Killers, you guys wouldnt want me to go and use that up xD
i won't waste bp offering for the others unless i'm playing with broken stuff... the days when i used trapper with the padded jaws with a bloody party streamers are gone... also cause i don't need bloodpoints anymore (or at least not so desperately as before since my goal to prestige at p3 every character that i was interested is completed)