Remember that there are special rewards coming up for prestige levels!
As the devs mentioned in the anniversary stream, they're doing away with the current prestige system, but there will be special rewards for those who have already prestiged characters. So I'm finally prestiging my characters who I've been saving because they have lots of cakes, in anticipation of this exciting mystery reward!
If it's just BP I'm gonna cry. Please don't make me cry, BHVR.
Comments
I'm just hoping Steve Hairrington counts...
its not a cosmetic or a charm
so don't get your hopes up that this is Legacy 2.0
me too. I'm currently getting
DemogorgonGreg to P3.what was the legacy reward?
BHVR: The reward is iridiscent shorts!
Me: Yay! Iridescent -- wait, did you say shorts?
They said all licensed characters were included, and it's not cosmetic. I'm betting BP / shards, but I'm really hoping there's a surprise. Over here rushing Feng and Pig.
I just hope we get advance notice of what the reward is so I can make an informed decision on whether or not to prestige all the characters I have sitting at 0-50 and 1-50 (which is every survivor I've unlocked but 1, and about 5 different killers).
You're probably going to end up crying
I'm hoping it's something bloodpoints related hell if it's a shitload of bloodpoints per every prestiged character that's fine by me
I don't think that the reward will be something that you would really miss. So you can stop worrying.
Aww man I would like a skin.
Well we already know from a dev twitter post that at least part of it is that your Prestige level will be visible in the new endgame score screens and the look of your Prestige icon on that screen will be different if you were Prestiged prior to the update. We also know they’re not doing cosmetics for it, so I’m not sure what else they could do (other than I guess bloodpoint rewards or something shrug).
It's just compensation for those who have already prestiged.
I'd rather keep my hundreds of flans than reset to nothing for a measly token prize.
That's what i was going to ask about, if people are rushing to P3 aren't they losing all those festive and rare items on the first two levels? Seems like a waste on what could be potentially a big let down. I hope it's not though, seems like some are putting in a big effort to do so, so hope they get rewarded well.
An exclusive cosmetic for each of those prestiged characters.
Not really if you already had a character high leveled since starting from level 1 makes flans easier to get and bloodwebs cheaper, just in getting dredge from 1 to 50 the second time I got 78 flans
I’ve already prestiged everybody. Hope the reward is something good. Bloodpoints aren’t all that useful for a player in my position.
"Special". Probably something I couldn't care less about.
that's a really good point; the more characters a player has prestiged, the less important BP are to them, so giving a player who's prestiged everyone a zillion BP is the thing they LEAST want.
It's gonna be a charm lmao.
we getting an icon bois!
"Those who reach prestige 3 before the update will receive a special prestige icon to recognize their achievements"
full
"With prestige now being the main way to progress, it’ll no longer be as impressive to have your characters maxed out at prestige level 3. It only made sense to have a new way to recognize our most committed players, so we’ve removed the prestige limit entirely. But what would more prestige levels be without rewards?
Reaching prestige levels 4, 5 and 6 will now award that character’s bloody prestige cosmetics, once again signifying those who went above and beyond. Now that prestiging for the first three times awards perks, it only made sense to move these higher. If you’ve already unlocked these cosmetics, don’t worry, we won’t be taking them away from you. You’ve earned it.
For the completionists, prestige levels 7, 8 and 9 will each grant one of that character’s unique perks as a charm. We also wanted to highlight your dedication to your favourite characters no matter how many times you’ve prestiged them. Once a trial is over, your prestige level will now be shown in the space previously occupied by grades. Those who spend millions of Bloodpoints stockpiling add-ons for your favourite characters will now have a way of showcasing your hard work to the world. "
Ugh. Separate discussion, but I really REALLY wish those spaces in the post-trial just showed character portraits, so I could say "great work, loopmaster420!" instead of "great work, uh... whoever was playing that blond girl in the booty shorts!"
Showing prestige level here is what I LEAST want, because it'll just result in me getting post-match messages of "you're prestige 7 and got a 0k??? GIT GUD LOSER!" from SWF teams who are somehow all red rank but prestige 1.
Does it still take the same amount of bp to prestige? I only do it for the cosmetics so if I van only do it at 4, 5, 6 now thats millions abd millions more bp I have to gather. Defeats the purpose of lessening grinding if so..
This post aged well. 😥
Hope you like your glitter.
Atleast there are not getting bloodpoints for the reward like they wished for
nope, bloodpoints would've been 100 times better because they could at least be used to level the characters we want.
✨✨✨
From what I understand we get an icon only the player can see and a gold tint on character pics that looks like a pee filter. Wishing I could get all my event items back instead.
This is it, this is all we're getting... lol.
Reminds me of those old beer apps you could get on your iPod touch in school, lmao.
it makes no more sense to prestige. Rewards are pretty bad
Sorry to all of you who lost items (including event items, which, in my opinion, should NOT be lost when prestiging) in the process of prestiging your characters.