Bring back Demogorgon’s map

I loved it. What will it take to see it return and maybe just called something else? Wink wink hint hint?

Comments

  • Do not bring back Hawkins, it was cool aesthetically but in terms of actual map design it was one of the worst.

    I'd be more than happy with the same theme of map with an entirely revised design and layout.

  • @tenoresax said:

    Do not bring back Hawkins, it was cool aesthetically but in terms of actual map design it was one of the worst.

    I'd be more than happy with the same theme of map with an entirely revised design and layout.

    Hard disagree. I enjoyed it as killer. Though, I enjoy all the indoor maps tbf.

  • I thought it was the best indoor map they made!

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I thought it was the best indoor map they made!

    I agree. Ive been wondering if the devs ever thought of trying to revamp it and rename it to seperate it from stranger things so we could get it back again.

  • @DrBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987798#Comment_2987798

    Hard disagree. I enjoyed it as killer. Though, I enjoy all the indoor maps tbf.

    I think most people hate it because most pallets were garbage for survivor

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987800#Comment_2987800

    I think most people hate it because most pallets were garbage for survivor

    Nah son just go to that middle room with the upstairs vaults and double pallets at the bottom it was crisp chefs kiss of loops. I always felt Hawkins was the best map they ever made for both sides hands down.

  • @DrBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987806#Comment_2987806

    Nah son just go to that middle room with the upstairs vaults and double pallets at the bottom it was crisp chefs kiss of loops. I always felt Hawkins was the best map they ever made for both sides hands down.

    Like i said most.

  • They just had bad taste. That map was prime time for both sides. Especially at the upstairs gen with the drop. You could hit those window vaults into running down the stairs or taking the drop like nothing. For killers it was the perfect mindgame once you knew the map. Trick em into dropping or running down the stairs etc. i appreciated it. #bringbackhawkins

  • I never used to like Hawkins but after the new map's theme seems to be 'creative bankruptcy' I'd love to have it back. It was, if nothing else, at least distinct in vibe.

  • Do you people not understand that it’s not BHVR’s decision whether they can keep the map or not?

  • @GannTM said:

    Do you people not understand that it’s not BHVR’s decision whether they can keep the map or not?

    I guess people just want them to skin over the map, but I'm not sure if that would get them in trouble with Netflix or not. I don't see why it would, but I'm no lawyer. It was probably part of their agreement or something.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987834#Comment_2987834

    I guess people just want them to skin over the map, but I'm not sure if that would get them in trouble with Netflix or not. I don't see why it would, but I'm no lawyer. It was probably part of their agreement or something.

    Does the Map bare any relation to anything seen in the series?

    Apart from the main room with the growth on the wall its pretty generic 'lab' environment and could even be reused as part of the RE chapter as a NEST facility.

    Unless it directly looks like something shown on TV surely just not calling it Hawkins and moving it around a bit would be OK. I'm no lawyer though.

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987842#Comment_2987842

    Does the Map bare any relation to anything seen in the series?

    Apart from the main room with the growth on the wall its pretty generic 'lab' environment and could even be reused as part of the RE chapter as a NEST facility.

    Unless it directly looks like something shown on TV surely just not calling it Hawkins and moving it around a bit would be OK. I'm no lawyer though.

    It's got signs of the Upside-Down in it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to reskin the map.

    The issue is, for all we know, Netflix has rights to the entire map. Structure and gameplay design included. If that's the case, BHVR won't be able to bring back the map at all.

  • @GannTM said:

    Do you people not understand that it’s not BHVR’s decision whether they can keep the map or not?

    Does it stop them from reskinning it, and releasing it as a generic map (honest question)?

    Heck, we've got another Resident Evil chapter coming up, they use a lot of underground labs.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987834#Comment_2987834

    I guess people just want them to skin over the map, but I'm not sure if that would get them in trouble with Netflix or not. I don't see why it would, but I'm no lawyer. It was probably part of their agreement or something.

    The risk of being sued is not worth the benefit of bringing one of the most hated maps of the game, even if some people actually like it there isnt much to gain.

    Option A: They bring it back with a reskin, they breach contract, get sued and lose, they have to take it down and pay Netflix damages.

    Option B: They bring it back with a reskin, they dont breach contract or Netflix doesnt care enough to sue, a huge chunk of the playerbase gets angry because they hate the map, a small chunk of the playerbase gets happy because they like it.

    Both options are a negative gain.

  • They definitely could if they chose to.

    I don't think Netflix is winning the "well the map was originally licensed to them and all they did was take inspiration from it and make it an original map" arguement.

    Netflix definitely doesn't own the rights to spooky sci-fi labs 😂. Doesn't even have to be the map, but reskinned, just a similar design.

  • The chapter and map is sadly done and gone, you guys should move on.

  • @DrBrain said:

    I loved it. What will it take to see it return and maybe just called something else? Wink wink hint hint?

    NO

  • @Bran said:

    They definitely could if they chose to.

    I don't think Netflix is winning the "well the map was originally licensed to them and all they did was take inspiration from it and make it an original map" arguement.

    Netflix definitely doesn't own the rights to spooky sci-fi labs 😂. Doesn't even have to be the map, but reskinned, just a similar design.

    The thing is they had to approve of the design of it and they OWN that design. So reskining it is a no go because of the design itself. If they made a whole new map then that's a different story but the map would be totally different all around including the layout.

  • Much better than most new maps.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990172#Comment_2990172

    The thing is they had to approve of the design of it and they OWN that design. So reskining it is a no go because of the design itself. If they made a whole new map then that's a different story but the map would be totally different all around including the layout.

    Ehhhh, who is to say honestly. Either way, use the map (or only a partial use of it) switch it up a bit and a new original map. Wouldn't matter even if they used some inspiration from it.

    At that point it'd be like saying the drop in The Game is essentially the drop in Hawkins. Or the hallways are those of Midwich.

    Legal loopholes I say.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990252#Comment_2990252

    Ehhhh, who is to say honestly. Either way, use the map (or only a partial use of it) switch it up a bit and a new original map. Wouldn't matter even if they used some inspiration from it.

    At that point it'd be like saying the drop in The Game is essentially the drop in Hawkins. Or the hallways are those of Midwich.

    Legal loopholes I say.

    No that's how it works it's the same as with Pin Head. People are upset with BHVR about the NFT issue but it's not on BHVR it's in the owners of Pin Head because they own THAT design of him so they can do what ever they want with him. BHVR will have to make a brand new Lab map and that probably won't happen til the new RE chapter tbh.

  • I only enjoyed the map if it was a stealth killer. I would take Hawkins over The Game or RPD any day.