About David sexuality

I think BHVR could had let characters not to be defined, I mean "not defined" and add lore to represent others groups.

The game lore plays with universes so in one dimension David is gay and we represent it on the lore or in another universe is asexual.

I think on that way everyone could feel represented with a character and even with a specific david from one specific universe or maybe a bisexual kate.

I think that step would be the more adecuate so in that way every group would be represented.Maybe now is a gay David but next lore could be an peaceful David or bad person David.What people think about it?

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936512#Comment_2936512

    Don't like things being "slapped on" So the way we write for character in things like there where little tidbits are drip feed every so often is to right out of the gate affirm their sexuality immediately and irrefutably? And if a character comes out in one of these story bits after having been in the game it has to be qualified as "slapped on" because you're not allowed to not absolutely declare their sexuality right from the get go.

    This automatically creates a ridiculous double standard. Where an assumed heterosexuality is not "slapped on" but story bits revealing him to be gay are.

    I'm not saying that they can't drip feed. I don't care what sexuality characters are. I'll still play david king when I reinstall dbd (wasn't Uninstalled due to him). I'm saying they collabed with someone years later, chose someone people had a lot of fanfic of with dwight, and said here you go. They don't have to note anything, that's a nonpoint. I'm talking about how they made fanfic a reality. They talked about after david king's creation and opted with this instead of making a new character, according to mandy talks I believe. It's make someone LGBTQ or make an lgbtq character. Either way it's tokenism. Idc if a character is lgbtq, if it doesn't matter then why make sexuality matter? People can fanfic any character about step on me mommy or daddy david anytime.

  • Why do we keep bringing it up on the forums?


    If he is, cool, if he isn't cool.


    They said he is, so he is.


    End of story, let's complain about Spirit

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Why do we keep bringing it up on the forums?

    If he is, cool, if he isn't cool.

    They said he is, so he is.

    End of story, let's complain about Spirit

    Why shouldn’t we complain about Spirit? Or you just mean specific addons?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936548#Comment_2936548

    Why shouldn’t we complain about Spirit? Or you just mean specific addons?

    Spirit existing tbh

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936516#Comment_2936516

    I just tried to help you express your feedback so it actually can get heard. You are trying to twist this into something else.

    My bad then, past negative connotations might have influenced me at this point.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936048#Comment_2936048

    Why not?

    Should I not be able to identify with any straight character or protagonists in media? Or should I just be able to because that's "normal"? I'm happy whenever I see a gay couple in something, but the lack of them doesn't make me go "ew I can't with these straights, blegh".

    This is why I didn't think making a new character just to be gay would be the better choice, because of reductive homophobes like you that think being gay is the whole of a persons character and overrides all else.

    I think I've been labeled a racist, homophobe and reductive homophobe in the span of about a day just voicing my opinion about David's sexuality. 🤣 I wonder if I'll get a 4th label by the end of today.

    You can identify with whatever you want. I'm not you. I don't think like you. I don't reason like you and I don't label people like you. You and I are very much different so it comes as no surprise who I choose to identify with in fiction will be very different from who you do.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936350#Comment_2936350

    I think I've been labeled a racist, homophobe and reductive homophobe in the span of about a day just voicing my opinion about David's sexuality. 🤣 I wonder if I'll get a 4th label by the end of today.

    You can identify with whatever you want. I'm not you. I don't think like you. I don't reason like you and I don't label people like you. You and I are very much different so it comes as no surprise who I choose to identify with in fiction will be very different from who you do.

    I mean, you've expressed a clear double standard when it comes to whether a character is revealed as gay, or straight. If that's not homophobia I don't know what is.

    Maybe a little introspection is needed here. We all need to learn when we're wrong.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936857#Comment_2936857

    I mean, you've expressed a clear double standard when it comes to whether a character is revealed as gay, or straight. If that's not homophobia I don't know what is.

    Maybe a little introspection is needed here. We all need to learn when we're wrong.

    Sorry you feel that way about me. I just personally think things like sexuality of fictional characters is best left to the consumer. I know the world I live in. I know this world is insanely diverse and that no 2 people think or see things exactly the same. David King is now in a different light for a lot of people. I know he is also in a better light for some people too. The thing is it has caused both negative and positive discourse between the community when this would have never happened had David King, as well as the rest of the roster, remained ambiguous.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936343#Comment_2936343

    Either way is lazy, even if one is likes better, just slapping on lgbtq on a character that fans fantasize about is lazy. It's difficult with tokenism because it's always about virtue signalling, even if someone likes it. I have characters that are lgbtq, and the focus isn't on their sexuality. So to see dbd with all their resources take that out is irksome. I don't mind if david king was gay, but it seems very forced. Even if the situation was relatable to some members, the writing and broadcasting seems forced vs being organic.

    Good to see more people who have similar thoughts.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936862#Comment_2936862

    Sorry you feel that way about me. I just personally think things like sexuality of fictional characters is best left to the consumer. I know the world I live in. I know this world is insanely diverse and that no 2 people think or see things exactly the same. David King is now in a different light for a lot of people. I know he is also in a better light for some people too. The thing is it has caused both negative and positive discourse between the community when this would have never happened had David King, as well as the rest of the roster, remained ambiguous.

    *excluding those character that have been revealed to have meaningful heterosexual relationships, but those you don’t wanna acknowledge…

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936862#Comment_2936862

    Sorry you feel that way about me. I just personally think things like sexuality of fictional characters is best left to the consumer. I know the world I live in. I know this world is insanely diverse and that no 2 people think or see things exactly the same. David King is now in a different light for a lot of people. I know he is also in a better light for some people too. The thing is it has caused both negative and positive discourse between the community when this would have never happened had David King, as well as the rest of the roster, remained ambiguous.

    But this wasn't an issue when characters had been unambiguously revealed to be straight...

    Whether you realise it, or would like to admit it, you have a prejudice against homosexuality.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936343#Comment_2936343

    Either way is lazy, even if one is likes better, just slapping on lgbtq on a character that fans fantasize about is lazy. It's difficult with tokenism because it's always about virtue signalling, even if someone likes it. I have characters that are lgbtq, and the focus isn't on their sexuality. So to see dbd with all their resources take that out is irksome. I don't mind if david king was gay, but it seems very forced. Even if the situation was relatable to some members, the writing and broadcasting seems forced vs being organic.

    Have you actually read the lore entry in question, or are you assuming based on a Twitter post? Because it would be really, really lazy to criticize lore you haven't actually read... Like doing s book report without ever having read the book, lazy

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936895#Comment_2936895

    *excluding those character that have been revealed to have meaningful heterosexual relationships, but those you don’t wanna acknowledge…

    You don't know what they are! They could be gay too.

  • Literally proving their point...

    "but those you don’t wanna acknowledge…" literally refusing to acknowledge it...

  • You are really trying to tell me that Nurse might be lesbian or asexual/aromantical?


    and David can still be anything as well, sexual orientation is never set in stone m, he might change and realize he is bi/pan or maybe being gay actually was a phase for him.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936991#Comment_2936991

    You are really trying to tell me that Nurse might be lesbian or asexual/aromantical?

    and David can still be anything as well, sexual orientation is never set in stone m, he might change and realize he is bi/pan or maybe being gay actually was a phase for him.

    Yes. If the rest of the roster is ambiguous still, isn't it possible? I guess you can say it may be less likely for some but so far we only have 1 confirmed sexuality. It really only matters to the individual consumer at the end of the day.


  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936996#Comment_2936996

    Yes. If the rest of the roster is ambiguous still, isn't it possible? I guess you can say it may be less likely for some but so far we only have 1 confirmed sexuality. It really only matters to the individual consumer at the end of the day.

    "we only have 1 confirmed sexuality"

    @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2936895#Comment_2936895

    *excluding those character that have been revealed to have meaningful heterosexual relationships, but those you don’t wanna acknowledge…

    "don’t wanna acknowledge…"

  • What am I not acknowledging again? Sorry I'm trying to keep up.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937013#Comment_2937013

    What am I not acknowledging again? Sorry I'm trying to keep up.

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Confirmed not gay!

    And there's more than that I don't remember off the top of my head.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937014#Comment_2937014

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Confirmed not gay!

    And there's more than that I don't remember off the top of my head.

    Frank and Julie are in a... very commited relationship.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937014#Comment_2937014

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Confirmed not gay!

    And there's more than that I don't remember off the top of my head.

    How does that confirm anything? I thought everything is up in the air until its confirmed by the devs.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937016#Comment_2937016

    How does that confirm anything? I thought everything is up in the air until its confirmed by the devs.

    Confirmed by the devs, via the lore in the game.

    It's not all about the tweet.

    David isn't gay because of the tweet, that would be the cheapest, laziest thing they could have possibly done. No, its written into his lore, which is now in the game itself. That's what makes his character.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937036#Comment_2937036

    Confirmed by the devs, via the lore in the game.

    It's not all about the tweet.

    David isn't gay because of the tweet, that would be the cheapest, laziest thing they could have possibly done. No, its written into his lore, which is now in the game itself. That's what makes his character.

    I don't know... I don't feel safe assuming anything about any of the survivors anymore until I see a confirmed statement about it.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937014#Comment_2937014

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Confirmed not gay!

    And there's more than that I don't remember off the top of my head.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937016#Comment_2937016

    Frank and Julie are in a... very commited relationship.

    there these 3 thing in the tome but david king coming out in the tome bothers them just face fact anyone against David King being gay now but never said anything about

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Frank and Julie are in a... very commited relationship.

    Confirmed not gay!

    are prejudice and homophobe

    they need to get over it.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937038#Comment_2937038

    I don't know... I don't feel safe assuming anything about any of the survivors anymore until I see a confirmed statement about it.

    the statement is only relevant because of the in-game tome story.

    we all know that’s just an act by you.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937016#Comment_2937016

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937019#Comment_2937019

    there these 3 thing in the tome but david king coming out in the tome bothers them just face fact anyone against David King being gay now but never said anything about

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Frank and Julie are in a... very commited relationship.

    Confirmed not gay!

    are prejudice and homophobe

    they need to get over it.

    There are even more..


    Nurse and her husband

    Frank and Julie in their tome lore (which was on the edge of being disgusting and definitely being shoved down our throats)

    David having had a girlfriend (turns out he is not straight, but that was still a heterosexual relationship in the lore)

    Felix and his pregnant wife

    Oni is the direct ancestor of Spirit thus implied to have had a wife

    Dwight having a crush on a female coworker (though admittedly this one is pretty low on the list as it’s not explicitly sexual, though it can be assumed as such)

    Ace referred to as womanizer on some cosmetics

    Wraith and Nurse having (romantically) implied cosmetics/texts

    other characters in lore:

    multiple parents explicitly stated as father and mother (Jake, David, Spirit, Trapper (not sure about his mother mentioned), Hillbilly, Meg (pretty sure her father is mentioned), for others I guess it’s mostly one parent mentioned and thus not explicitly heterosexual)

    Pretty sure other relationships in tome/background stories (shout out to the one gay relationship in one of Haddies story’s i think - which didn’t get any further announcement by BHVR)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937068#Comment_2937068

    the statement is only relevant because of the in-game tome story.

    we all know that’s just an act by you.

    Not an act. Its not nice to assume things about people. I genuinely don't feel like I can assume anything anymore about the survivors. Also we? Is there some secret club of forum members here that gossip about me behind my back? Hmmm I wonder.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937133#Comment_2937133

    Not an act. Its not nice to assume things about people. I genuinely don't feel like I can assume anything anymore about the survivors. Also we? Is there some secret club of forum members here that gossip about me behind my back? Hmmm I wonder.

    We= you and me and everyone reading your posts.

    it’s not an assumption. It’s obvious this is an act. You said yourself you like to have dissentive (or whatever word you used) opinions.

    people have told you (and it’s general knowledge) that in-game lore is what defines characters in-game. You focusing on this one tweet is you acting up.

    or are you taking every other tweet as serious as well? Eg those Dwelf tweets? Or that tweet telling you Sprint Burst and Lithe are a great combo?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937204#Comment_2937204

    We= you and me and everyone reading your posts.

    it’s not an assumption. It’s obvious this is an act. You said yourself you like to have dissentive (or whatever word you used) opinions.

    people have told you (and it’s general knowledge) that in-game lore is what defines characters in-game. You focusing on this one tweet is you acting up.

    or are you taking every other tweet as serious as well? Eg those Dwelf tweets? Or that tweet telling you Sprint Burst and Lithe are a great combo?

    Never said I like my opinions being dissenting. If I did let me know and I'll correct myself on that. I said my opinions are dissenting, on certain things of course.

    I think it would be just as weird if they made a similar announcement but instead it was confirming a certain survivor to be straight. You know what would be better? Letting the fan decide for themselves what each character is and means to them.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937239#Comment_2937239

    Never said I like my opinions being dissenting. If I did let me know and I'll correct myself on that. I said my opinions are dissenting, on certain things of course.

    I think it would be just as weird if they made a similar announcement but instead it was confirming a certain survivor to be straight. You know what would be better? Letting the fan decide for themselves what each character is and means to them.

    Okay so let me decide Nurse is lesbian. Oh wait. Not possible as she was dearly in love with her husband. Okay then Frank is totally gay, right? Probably having a thing with Joey? Oh. Oh wait. No. He is in a heavy sexual relationship with Julie. Okay. Wait. Where were we?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937014#Comment_2937014

    Sally (The Nurse) had a husband.

    Felix has a wife!

    Confirmed not gay!

    And there's more than that I don't remember off the top of my head.

    tbh people can have wives, girlfriends, kids, and still be lgbtq.

  • Tbh if you can ignore the lore where it’s stated Sally loved her husband dearly than you can also ignore the part about David being gay or make yourself an excuse he only had a phase, maybe to provoke his parents etc.

    But seriously. For some characters it’s possible that despite their heterosexual relationships they might not be straight but Felix is definitely not gay and Sally is not lesbian.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937277#Comment_2937277

    Okay so let me decide Nurse is lesbian. Oh wait. Not possible as she was dearly in love with her husband. Okay then Frank is totally gay, right? Probably having a thing with Joey? Oh. Oh wait. No. He is in a heavy sexual relationship with Julie. Okay. Wait. Where were we?

    You mean none of that couldn't be just a long journey of discovery about who they really are? Isn't that what David went through with his girl friends and all.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937316#Comment_2937316

    You mean none of that couldn't be just a long journey of discovery about who they really are? Isn't that what David went through with his girl friends and all.

    Good point! Do it could also be used in David’s case, that he is still on his long journey of discovery.

    and voila, you yourself came up with a solution for you problem with this reveal.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937335#Comment_2937335

    Good point! Do it could also be used in David’s case, that he is still on his long journey of discovery.

    and voila, you yourself came up with a solution for you problem with this reveal.

    I'm not expecting David to be hooking up with any of the ladies on the roster anytime soon. But who knows? I do wonder now if there will be a focus on starting relationships within the canon of the game. I'm not sure if any of the licensed characters from other games can be a part of that but there is still enough people there to make things happen.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937036#Comment_2937036

    Confirmed by the devs, via the lore in the game.

    It's not all about the tweet.

    David isn't gay because of the tweet, that would be the cheapest, laziest thing they could have possibly done. No, its written into his lore, which is now in the game itself. That's what makes his character.

    I feel as if the tweet and lore is one of the same. I found out because someone made a post about it on the subreddit.

    And the official release of the tome (if I'm right) was a day after the tweet. So this puts bhvr in the position of essentially making David gay via tweet before lore.

    (Feel free to correct me if I did get those date wrong)

  • I think this whole thing is just pointless. I don't really know who cares about DBD's survivors. It's not like they have anything that would make us cry if we saw them die or something. I don't think sexuality should matter anyways. It's a game about playing tall people and killing shorter people as a killer or running away from taller people as shorter people. It's like if they made one of the killers gay. Who cares? It doesn't play a role in the most important part of DBD specifically, the game, and the story of DBD I already... I mean no one is gonna cry for these characters if they ended up dying in one of these crappily made cutscenes or something you have to read.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    I think this whole thing is just pointless. I don't really know who cares about DBD's survivors. It's not like they have anything that would make us cry if we saw them die or something. I don't think sexuality should matter anyways. It's a game about playing tall people and killing shorter people as a killer or running away from taller people as shorter people. It's like if they made one of the killers gay. Who cares? It doesn't play a role in the most important part of DBD specifically, the game, and the story of DBD I already... I mean no one is gonna cry for these characters if they ended up dying in one of these crappily made cutscenes or something you have to read.

    I don’t get why people go out their way to type this kind of stuff only when it’s related to LGBTQ+ topics when this could be said about literally anything about lore. Does it matter that David played rugby? Does it matter that Frank and Julie were banging eachother? Does it matter that Adam liked to travel around the world?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937483#Comment_2937483

    I don’t get why people go out their way to type this kind of stuff only when it’s related to LGBTQ+ topics when this could be said about literally anything about lore. Does it matter that David played rugby? Does it matter that Frank and Julie were banging eachother? Does it matter that Adam liked to travel around the world?

    Frank and Julie was banging bro 😫 that's actually kinda lame ngl.

  • who care if "to x survivor likes y", just play the game... i'm starting to get tired of seeing all these posts focused about david instead of posts about the game balance/perks/addons/items/etc etc...

  • @Tostapane said:

    who care if "to x survivor likes y", just play the game... i'm starting to get tired of seeing all these posts focused about david instead of posts about the game balance/perks/addons/items/etc etc...

    You don’t see posts about balance/perks/etc? I still see plenty of them.

    also this is a public forum and lore is part of the game so if people wanna discuss it, they are free to do so (sadly many people don’t want a discussion but state their homophobic statements without being called out on acting homophobic..)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937667#Comment_2937667

    You don’t see posts about balance/perks/etc? I still see plenty of them.

    also this is a public forum and lore is part of the game so if people wanna discuss it, they are free to do so (sadly many people don’t want a discussion but state their homophobic statements without being called out on acting homophobic..)

    Don't forget the good guys who have insulted, labelled, and off handedly attacked people's opinions they do not agree.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937674#Comment_2937674

    Don't forget the good guys who have insulted, labelled, and off handedly attacked people's opinions they do not agree.

    I see almost all the posts and you are exaggerating and ignoring some actual homophobic statements. Calling out such a statement isn’t attacking anyone, people might make those statements without realizing they are being homophobic.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    I think this whole thing is just pointless. I don't really know who cares about DBD's survivors. It's not like they have anything that would make us cry if we saw them die or something. I don't think sexuality should matter anyways. It's a game about playing tall people and killing shorter people as a killer or running away from taller people as shorter people. It's like if they made one of the killers gay. Who cares? It doesn't play a role in the most important part of DBD specifically, the game, and the story of DBD I already... I mean no one is gonna cry for these characters if they ended up dying in one of these crappily made cutscenes or something you have to read.

    "Why does it matter" hi! Here's a university thesis scoring the highest possible marks on exactly why it matters!

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Very short post I'm putting here so I can link to it every single time a thread comes up, here's a University Thesis from a friend of mine that recieved a first pass (highest pass possible) explaining exactly why representation is important, and if you believe it's a waste of time I implore you to read it at least.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKV2cNdnwODbNiqj47_doQhFxImVMDBB8doEh8h5UB4/edit

    And also if you don't care about representation please follow your own advice and don't bash people who want it, you make yourself seem like you do care quite a bit

    Also, literally pinned to the Forums rn, is a thread talking about exactly why it matters!

    @Wrecked said:

    This post might be quite lengthy, but I’ll try to keep it as short and to the point as I can.

    I’ve been playing DBD since 2017 and David King was always a character that jumped out to me. I’m from Manchester (England) and I found it so cool that David was also from here as I’ve never seen that before in a video game, as normally when a character is British they’re from London. Seeing how much detail the developers put into his perk names / quotes was amazing, as I never imagined seeing things like “Dead Hard’ and ‘No Mither’ being used as they’re just such niche expressions used in my home town.

    I’ve grown up around sports and they were always something I excelled at during my time in school. Rugby was always my thing and then I got into kickboxing during my college years and now I’m a full-time Personal Trainer, which is just a dream job.

    Since about the age of 7 I’ve known I was ‘different’ - I had girlfriends as that was what my family expected from me. Being anything other than heterosexual wasn’t ever discussed in my family. Men got with women and women got with men. That’s what I was brought up knowing to be true. I felt hollow for the longest time as I was living a life that I didn’t feel in control of. I was in auto-pilot for a long time, just doing what was expected from me and not doing what I actually wanted to do.

    I went on a journey of self-discovery at the age of 25 when I realised that not allowing myself to be authentic was slowly killing me and it couldn’t go on much longer. I came to the conclusion that I was not a heterosexual male, but I was in fact a homosexual male. Being so heavily involved in sports for all my life just felt like I was locked in a cage. It’s no secret that that world can be deep rooted in homophobia and hearing some of the comments fellow teammates would make, just didn’t leave me feeling safe enough to be my true self. I loved sports and didn’t want to give that up and I felt like if they knew the real me, I’d be disowned. These feelings also lead back to my family. My mum was always talking about grandkids and how she couldn’t wait for me and my then-girlfriend to have them. I just had such an immense pressure on my shoulders to stay in the closet, but it eventually reached a boiling point.

    When I did eventually ‘come out’ I got my fair share of bigoted comments from people I once classed as friends and family. Some didn’t understand how I could possibly be gay, because I wasn’t effeminate and had girlfriends. Which really boiled my blood. I didn’t realise somebody’s sexuality was a personality trait? Why couldn’t I be into ‘masculine’ things and still be gay? It never made sense to me.

    Now this brings me back to David. Him being gay just resonates with me so damn much. We almost feel like the same person now. Some people don’t understand why representation is important, but this is why. If I had a character like David King whilst I was growing up, it would have made it a lot easier for me to accept who I was and realise there was never anything wrong with me.

    I truly appreciate what Behaviour has done and I hope that the increase in representation we’re seeing throughout the media will make it easier for the youth of today, as my childhood / teen years truly felt like hell.

    Thanks for reading and I’ll see you in the fog. 

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C0FTIY6JSHYE/whatsapp-image-2022-05-02-at-12-09-04-pm.jpeg

    Happy reading!

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937705#Comment_2937705

    I see almost all the posts and you are exaggerating and ignoring some actual homophobic statements. Calling out such a statement isn’t attacking anyone, people might make those statements without realizing they are being homophobic.

    I haven't ignored anything. I've disagreed with people I've previously agreed with. Confronting and resorting to attacking them based on those statements will not add anything meaningful to the topic at hand.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937667#Comment_2937667

    You don’t see posts about balance/perks/etc? I still see plenty of them.

    also this is a public forum and lore is part of the game so if people wanna discuss it, they are free to do so (sadly many people don’t want a discussion but state their homophobic statements without being called out on acting homophobic..)

    As far as I know, there's a specific forum for the game's lore... So those kind of threads technically should go in the lore forum section...

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937709#Comment_2937709

    I haven't ignored anything. I've disagreed with people I've previously agreed with. Confronting and resorting to attacking them based on those statements will not add anything meaningful to the topic at hand.

    As I have said, calling out homophobic statements isn’t attacking the person. And some statements were at least on the edge (I don’t remember if you made such comments or have been called out yourself, but at least there were definitely such comments).

    and as you probably will understand, this is a very subjective topic and people have diverse opinions on this. Sonetten if you don’t agree that a statement is homophobic you will agree that it’s okay if others have a different opinion than yours, right?

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937674#Comment_2937674

    As far as I know, there's a specific forum for the game's lore... So those kind of threads technically should go in the lore forum section...

    Well, I kinda agree but then almost 90% of other discussions are also in the wrong forum section and should be moved. It’s a hot topic currently and already hell to moderate as is I would assume. Also it’s not completely bound to lore as people also discuss the way it was announced on social media.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937718#Comment_2937718

    As I have said, calling out homophobic statements isn’t attacking the person. And some statements were at least on the edge (I don’t remember if you made such comments or have been called out yourself, but at least there were definitely such comments).

    and as you probably will understand, this is a very subjective topic and people have diverse opinions on this. Sonetten if you don’t agree that a statement is homophobic you will agree that it’s okay if others have a different opinion than yours, right?

    There is no issue with someone having a different opinion, but I still don't see the reason to on edge attack someone. I myself, have at least tried to keep it civil in replying to others.

    But I have definitely seen some backhanded insults towards people who have criticism towards the announcement (and the other views of course), which is honestly unnecessary. I'm pretty sure someone even tried to get me at one point.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937726#Comment_2937726

    There is no issue with someone having a different opinion, but I still don't see the reason to on edge attack someone. I myself, have at least tried to keep it civil in replying to others.

    But I have definitely seen some backhanded insults towards people who have criticism towards the announcement (and the other views of course), which is honestly unnecessary. I'm pretty sure someone even tried to get me at one point.

    I am pretty sure you are also assuming much here without actual attacks happening. Otherwise if you do get unjustly personally attacked, report those comments.

1 2 3 4