About David sexuality

I think BHVR could had let characters not to be defined, I mean "not defined" and add lore to represent others groups.

The game lore plays with universes so in one dimension David is gay and we represent it on the lore or in another universe is asexual.

I think on that way everyone could feel represented with a character and even with a specific david from one specific universe or maybe a bisexual kate.

I think that step would be the more adecuate so in that way every group would be represented.Maybe now is a gay David but next lore could be an peaceful David or bad person David.What people think about it?

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937733#Comment_2937733

    I am pretty sure you are also assuming much here without actual attacks happening. Otherwise if you do get unjustly personally attacked, report those comments.

    I could be assuming and exaggerating, but things can always happen.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937738#Comment_2937738

    I could be assuming and exaggerating, but things can always happen.

    Yes, they can. From all sides.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937483#Comment_2937483

    I don’t get why people go out their way to type this kind of stuff only when it’s related to LGBTQ+ topics when this could be said about literally anything about lore. Does it matter that David played rugby? Does it matter that Frank and Julie were banging eachother? Does it matter that Adam liked to travel around the world?

    You act like I said those things did matter though.

  • well, it is at least noticeable that there haven’t been any threads about this and how much people don’t care about lore/want it actively be limited outside of LGBTQ+ topics.

    but then again you are right, I don’t know if you have already given feedback on this before. Have you though?

  • "Why do characters have to be confirmed gay?"

    It's almost like the automatic assumption the "default" is being cisgender heterosexual is flawed and not having more explicitly confirmed LGBT+ characters commonly is what helps fuel said misconception, cause for some reason, people automatically think anyone not confirmed is cisgender heterosexual.

    And then you have some people who actually understand that and say it should be left unconfirmed, specifically so they can pretend it doesn't exist since it's not confirmed.

    image.png


  • I hate this I mean there has been many heterosexual confirmed pretty much in the lore no one cared but now that David one survivor is confirmed gay everyone upset

    double standard in this forum is sad.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937674#Comment_2937674

    Don't forget the good guys who have insulted, labelled, and off handedly attacked people's opinions they do not agree.

    Part of the issue with david king, is that in the q and a, they admitted it's done for speed, to make a character lgbtq as fast as possible plus the fan art. For everyone who says, wow, you don't know if they imagined him to be gay. No, they added that literally with the utmost speed to hurry in an lgbtq character onto someone who had a girlfriend before because there was a lot of shipping and fan demand. This is clearly community appeasement. They literally hit all the check boxes of that in the q&a. Nothing wrong with having and lgbtq character in here, it's just exceedingly clear that even according to them, this was something done really fast to put in an lgbtq character as soon as possible. For those who think I'm crazy, or wrong that this was thoughtfully done, can check out it out.

    Screenshot_20220511-101719_Samsung Internet.jpg


  • Retroactive, he wasn't gay, they made him gay recently. They also talk about how they collabed to write it retroactively to make it sound natural, but he was literallt just stamped to be gay. Nothing wrong with him being gay, I just think inclusion can be handled better than "they like this character and have ship art so let's do this asap just to push content out." Sounds like they didn't have the care in mind so it's haphazardly done. I just want the lore and love to naturally be there. People shouldn't force people who aren't straight to be straight either, not a believer in conversion therapy to appease the masses. Be free to be who you are. A character with that in mind, would be an amazing character and I'd probably main someone like that regardless of orientation.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937705#Comment_2937705

    Part of the issue with david king, is that in the q and a, they admitted it's done for speed, to make a character lgbtq as fast as possible plus the fan art. For everyone who says, wow, you don't know if they imagined him to be gay. No, they added that literally with the utmost speed to hurry in an lgbtq character onto someone who had a girlfriend before because there was a lot of shipping and fan demand. This is clearly community appeasement. They literally hit all the check boxes of that in the q&a. Nothing wrong with having and lgbtq character in here, it's just exceedingly clear that even according to them, this was something done really fast to put in an lgbtq character as soon as possible. For those who think I'm crazy, or wrong that this was thoughtfully done, can check out it out.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WVGVWA953EVI/screenshot-20220511-101719-samsung-internet.jpg

    It’s literally stated the reveal was decided on for speed, not the decision that David was gay. And no where is there confirmed it was done because of community fan art or anything.

    also, even though they said it was because of speed, it still took almost 2 years since their promise and many people already have criticized them for announcing it and then not delivering.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937705#Comment_2937705

    Part of the issue with david king, is that in the q and a, they admitted it's done for speed, to make a character lgbtq as fast as possible plus the fan art. For everyone who says, wow, you don't know if they imagined him to be gay. No, they added that literally with the utmost speed to hurry in an lgbtq character onto someone who had a girlfriend before because there was a lot of shipping and fan demand. This is clearly community appeasement. They literally hit all the check boxes of that in the q&a. Nothing wrong with having and lgbtq character in here, it's just exceedingly clear that even according to them, this was something done really fast to put in an lgbtq character as soon as possible. For those who think I'm crazy, or wrong that this was thoughtfully done, can check out it out.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WVGVWA953EVI/screenshot-20220511-101719-samsung-internet.jpg

    If 2 years was speed then I dread to think what them taking their time is like-

    Oh wait, we know what it's like, and it's 2-3 years while speed is a couple of weeks (see old Freddy). So, I'll have to agree with @Mooks that it was the announcement they got out ASAP while the consultation (with actual LGBT+ individuals, for the record, who decided David would be the best choice because of his pre-existing and pre-established personality traits) was not the rushed part.

  • They worked on it and you're assuming speed. When did they work on it then? When did they decide? They said david and Dwight shipping helped them choose how to handle david. They also said it's retroactive. So instead of assuming, they said they worked with someone on david. All of this adds up to probably within a year they decided this I'd say. They give many reasons that hints at this. We can just disagree without them giving too many specifics. But I'd argue they won't give too much specifics like, when did they plan this? How did they get to this? Etc. Transparency isn't their thing.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    They worked on it and you're assuming speed. When did they work on it then? When did they decide? They said david and Dwight shipping helped them choose how to handle david. They also said it's retroactive. So instead of assuming, they said they worked with someone on david. All of this adds up to probably within a year they decided this I'd say. They give many reasons that hints at this. We can just disagree without them giving too many specifics. But I'd argue they won't give too much specifics like, when did they plan this? How did they get to this? Etc. Transparency isn't their thing.

    What reason do they have to give the nitty gritty details? If critics aren't going to be satisfied with the reasoning, why worry about whay they think?

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    Retroactive, he wasn't gay, they made him gay recently. They also talk about how they collabed to write it retroactively to make it sound natural, but he was literallt just stamped to be gay. Nothing wrong with him being gay, I just think inclusion can be handled better than "they like this character and have ship art so let's do this asap just to push content out." Sounds like they didn't have the care in mind so it's haphazardly done. I just want the lore and love to naturally be there. People shouldn't force people who aren't straight to be straight either, not a believer in conversion therapy to appease the masses. Be free to be who you are. A character with that in mind, would be an amazing character and I'd probably main someone like that regardless of orientation.

    Just to be clear: every tome story and any details in there are kinda retroactively added to the characters - including Franks and Julies sexual relationship. That doesn’t mean that those details, traits etc were not in the minds of the creators before that. i don’t get why this is something only ever criticized when it’s about LGBTQ+? I would get it if there was proof that David was created with being heterosexual in mind… but there isn’t any proof for that either?

  • It matters to some people, for me, sometime is way more fun to talk about the game lore rather than play the game.

1 2 3 4 ›