Make the hatch great again

I just want the hatch to what it was pre-5.3.0. Nerf survivors and buff killers. But make the hatch fun again plz

Comments

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994745#Comment_2994745

    1. hatch is not “perfectly balanced”. There are plenty of times where it appears right next to the survivor and there’s nothing that can be done about it.
    2. by your logic, if there are multiple survivors left at the end, killers should get a one time use version of NOED so they at least have a “chance” to get a kill. you see how this argument makes no sense? You shouldn’t just be given something just because egos can’t handle holding the L. You get second chances all game as it is. Hatch exists purely for survivors to feel like they didn’t lose lol.
    3. the only time hatch should spawn is if all 5 generators are done. Again there is no reason you should get an easy escape when you haven’t even finished your objective. Killers always have to hook/mori/run out the EGC clock, in order to win. Why do survivors need a way to escape without finishing their objective other than being given pity escapes to feel better?

    1) your logic here is flawed. You say it appears 'plenty of times' right next to the survivor, but the same can also be said for the killer. The hatch spawn is totally random, so it is by definition 'balanced' because it's pure luck and being in the 'right place at the right time' for both sides. The only time its spawn can be influenced is through offerings brought by survivors, which can be seen by the killer also, therefore there is no competitive advantage here.

    2) You talk about survivor egos, but the only people who seem to have an issue with the hatch are killers who feel entitled to a 4k. Is this not also an ego thing? They feel annoyed because they sacrificed 3 survivors but the 4th managed to escape. Literally, most players don't seem to have an issue with the current hatch mechanic. Also, NOED and the hatch cannot be compared: completely different game mechanics and different scenarios/contexts.

    3) It's not an easy escape by any means. It's literally a 1v1 and the killer is just as likely to find the hatch first as the survivor is. You make it sound like survivors always get hatch but that is simply untrue. It actually takes some strategic thinking to look for the hatch as you have to try and avoid the killers view, whilst moving quickly round the map to try and get there before the killer does. Fair enough you consider it a 'pity' escape, but the game registers it as an escape and the survivor gets awarded BP's accordingly.


    I respect your opinion, but I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

  • @sonata93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995098#Comment_2995098

    1) your logic here is flawed. You say it appears 'plenty of times' right next to the survivor, but the same can also be said for the killer. The hatch spawn is totally random, so it is by definition 'balanced' because it's pure luck and being in the 'right place at the right time' for both sides. The only time its spawn can be influenced is through offerings brought by survivors, which can be seen by the killer also, therefore there is no competitive advantage here.

    2) You talk about survivor egos, but the only people who seem to have an issue with the hatch are killers who feel entitled to a 4k. Is this not also an ego thing? They feel annoyed because they sacrificed 3 survivors but the 4th managed to escape. Literally, most players don't seem to have an issue with the current hatch mechanic. Also, NOED and the hatch cannot be compared: completely different game mechanics and different scenarios/contexts.

    3) It's not an easy escape by any means. It's literally a 1v1 and the killer is just as likely to find the hatch first as the survivor is. You make it sound like survivors always get hatch but that is simply untrue. It actually takes some strategic thinking to look for the hatch as you have to try and avoid the killers view, whilst moving quickly round the map to try and get there before the killer does. Fair enough you consider it a 'pity' escape, but the game registers it as an escape and the survivor gets awarded BP's accordingly.

    I respect your opinion, but I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

    1. it’s not balanced just because the killer can find hatch first. Why? Because if the survivor finds hatch, the game ends. If the killer finds hatch, the game still continues and the survivor can still escape. How is that even or balanced? Lol.
    2. so why have hatch at all? You want to escape, power and open the gates. I still have yet to hear any justification for hatch other than giving the last survivor an easy out. They get second chance after second chance all game long and still need an unearned RNG based consolation prize? At least if all 5 gens were done I could see this as a reasonable option. But just getting to escape because you were the last one alive and didn’t even power the gates? Yeah that’s pity lol.
    3. same points as earlier. It’s an easier escape that ends the game if a survivor finds it but not when the killer finds it. The mechanic exists for survivors to feel like they didn’t lose. And from an MMR perspective it counts as a draw/null not an escape. If it isn’t a pity thing, why not just count it as a real escape?
  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320794/make-the-hatch-great-again

    I mean.. that was a unhealthy thing to have,

    if that's the case, then the mori would have to be reverted, and making franklin's actually make a depleted key not work anymore,

    Depleted keys don't work.


    And for everyone else complaining about 'the game isn't balanced,' why does the game have to be balanced? I don't want 'balanced' I want fun. If I wanted a balanced, I would go play solitare.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2924053#Comment_2924053

    As if the overwhelming majority of killers don't tunnel and slug as is? Please.

    they dont.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994194#Comment_2994194

    It does suck when you get a killer like Hag just squatting on 3 really close gens, but I consider that more of a problem with gens spawning too close together on some maps. Either way, I think hatch spawning at 1 gen would cause more problems than it would solve.

    just requires survivors to use strategy when finishing gens. Its better to no go clockwise doing gens but to try to end up with a gen split. Makes it harder for a killer to finish.


    And killers want to make good decisions on what gens to ignore and which ones to protect to try and get their gens closer together.


    gen spawns arent a problem for this, just need to add strategy into your gen runs.

  • @SackoXA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994338#Comment_2994338

    Depleted keys don't work.

    And for everyone else complaining about 'the game isn't balanced,' why does the game have to be balanced? I don't want 'balanced' I want fun. If I wanted a balanced, I would go play solitare.

    We only want balanced in a way that isn't completely bs / pure rng carried by survivors that feel the need to tbag every damn pallet stun known to man while gen rushing almost every match,

  • Please don’t use Donald trump references…

  • @SackoXA said:

    I just want the hatch to what it was pre-5.3.0. Nerf survivors and buff killers. But make the hatch fun again plz

    No. Good day Sir!

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994745#Comment_2994745

    1. hatch is not “perfectly balanced”. There are plenty of times where it appears right next to the survivor and there’s nothing that can be done about it.
    2. by your logic, if there are multiple survivors left at the end, killers should get a one time use version of NOED so they at least have a “chance” to get a kill. you see how this argument makes no sense? You shouldn’t just be given something just because egos can’t handle holding the L. You get second chances all game as it is. Hatch exists purely for survivors to feel like they didn’t lose lol.
    3. the only time hatch should spawn is if all 5 generators are done. Again there is no reason you should get an easy escape when you haven’t even finished your objective. Killers always have to hook/mori/run out the EGC clock, in order to win. Why do survivors need a way to escape without finishing their objective other than being given pity escapes to feel better?

    Came to say exactly that. Survivors just don't get it.

    Upvote this man.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What exactly was fun in ending the game earlier? Or being tunneled because of a key?

    Honestly, outside of swiffer, it had its appeal. Trying to guide a rando to a hatch you can open up was its own kind of mini-quest. I've got some fond memories of hatch plays.

    Trouble is that the damage to the other side's gameplay was too extensive, and I can't really think of a way to bring it back without that, so it's best left where it is.

  • @SackoXA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994338#Comment_2994338

    Depleted keys don't work.

    And for everyone else complaining about 'the game isn't balanced,' why does the game have to be balanced? I don't want 'balanced' I want fun. If I wanted a balanced, I would go play solitare.

    ok enjoy dying at 4-5 gens

  • @sonata93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2988774#Comment_2988774

    I wouldn't call it a 'pity escape', but rather a fair chance for the final survivor to escape. You're essentially saying that once the hatch has been closed and if there's one survivor left, it should basically be a free 4k for the killer. I say to this:

    1) a 1v1 for the exit gates is really difficult as a survivor, especially if you're against high mobility killers like Spirit or Nurse (and now Dredge), or killers who can patrol the exit gates by other means (Trapper, Demo, etc). Also, how is the final survivor supposed to even have a chance of escaping on a map like Midwich when the gates are literally a stone's throw from each other? The killer always has the upper hand when this happens, so I don't see why it's unreasonable for the survivor to be provided with an extra chance of escaping.

    2) it's pretty much a 50/50 who will find the hatch first. It's not like the survivor has any competitive advantage in this context unless they're like 1 in 100000 survivors who actually run Let Behind or use Clairvoyance to track the hatch.

    3) The survivor has done well to outlast all their teammates, why should they be punished just because their team wasn't able to survive and complete their objective?

    As I said, the hatch exists as it is now for a reason. It was obviously put there because the devs recognize that as the last survivor, your chances of escaping through the exit gates were minimal. Plus, the hatch is perfectly balanced because the killer may find it first anyway. I also like the gameplay side of it, it's pretty fun going against the killer and trying to find the hatch first. Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the current hatch mechanics. I agree the old version where multiple survivors could escape was boring and just ridiculous that it made its way into the game.

    ah yes, claudette hiding in a bush who outlasts her entire team simply by doing nothing deserves a pity escape, she deserves it!

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994745#Comment_2994745

    ah yes, claudette hiding in a bush who outlasts her entire team simply by doing nothing deserves a pity escape, she deserves it!

    Erm, I don't remember saying anyone 'deserves' an escape? No survivor is entitled to escape, nor is any killer entitled to a 4k.

    The hatch is simply a game mechanic that gives the final survivor a chance to escape.

    Honestly, call it whatever you want ("pity" escape) but as I previously said, the game registers it is an escape. Plus, it is very satisfying to beat a killer to the hatch who's played like a jerk the whole game (BM'ing, camping, etc).

  • @Ath4nat0s said:

    Yes

    Make more killers realize that tunneling is the best strat

    Cuz before the strat was tunnel the guy with the key

    It was really fun for the survivors right?

    I dont understand this argument, tbh

  • Lately it’s just doing gens and escaping.. so boring playing like this EVERY GAME! RIP Plunderer players that always love to bring it in hope to find a key for the Hatch.

  • @sonata93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998340#Comment_2998340

    Erm, I don't remember saying anyone 'deserves' an escape? No survivor is entitled to escape, nor is any killer entitled to a 4k.

    The hatch is simply a game mechanic that gives the final survivor a chance to escape.

    Honestly, call it whatever you want ("pity" escape) but as I previously said, the game registers it is an escape. Plus, it is very satisfying to beat a killer to the hatch who's played like a jerk the whole game (BM'ing, camping, etc).

    How can you deny it being a pity escape? The killer has already dominated the game, the game is going "since you're the last alive, and despite you not finishing all the gens, we're giving you a chance to escape." Killers don't have anything like it (unless you count facecamping at EGC, in which survivors can get the save if coordinated enough and it isn't a bubba).


    A "chance" is already good enough, the fact that they're given a chance by the game to escape for being utterly destroyed is strong enough. Of course were it to be removed, it'd be a bad idea since the last survivor would have to complete all the gens. But to deny it being a pity chance of escape is dumb. You didn't earn it, you got utterly destroyed and walked around the map with RNG and found the hatch.


    So yes, it is a pity escape. Sure, you can cope by saying it "counts as a normal escape", but not everything is so black and white.

  • @SackoXA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2991973#Comment_2991973

    Well if you're looking to make the game 'healthy' encouraging toxic play from killers doesn't justify having a nerfed hatch. I don't feel bad if you don't know how to enjoy the game with how the hatch was, but it was such a blast playing with friends. We would be cackling with laughter.

    And now, it's just OK.

    The same could be said for a mori before they got nerfed i'm pretty sure a lot of killer players were cackling with laughter after using the mori on all 4 survivors before the gens were done, That's pretty much how old hatch and mori were they allowed the game to finish sooner i.e the killer managed to set up a good 3 gen for survivors just for them to come along and say screw you we are getting out using the hatch with this key bypassing having to finish all the gens plus opening the exit.

    For mori hook someone once and you could mori them bypassing a hook stage both needed changing to try and stop both sides from being able to finish the match early.

  • @SackoXA said:

    I just want the hatch to what it was pre-5.3.0. Nerf survivors and buff killers. But make the hatch fun again plz

    Old hatch was super fun imo. But it was just too unhealthy for the game.

  • I was going to say something like "I wouldnt mind if the hatch would at least appear earlier in the trial than when theres only one survivor left, but make it uninteractable until that point" but I remembered that along with the hatch changes came the end of one survivor crouched and waiting on hatch while their teammate dies on hook instead of going for the rescue - and frankly, good riddance.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2999544#Comment_2999544

    How can you deny it being a pity escape? The killer has already dominated the game, the game is going "since you're the last alive, and despite you not finishing all the gens, we're giving you a chance to escape." Killers don't have anything like it (unless you count facecamping at EGC, in which survivors can get the save if coordinated enough and it isn't a bubba).

    A "chance" is already good enough, the fact that they're given a chance by the game to escape for being utterly destroyed is strong enough. Of course were it to be removed, it'd be a bad idea since the last survivor would have to complete all the gens. But to deny it being a pity chance of escape is dumb. You didn't earn it, you got utterly destroyed and walked around the map with RNG and found the hatch.

    So yes, it is a pity escape. Sure, you can cope by saying it "counts as a normal escape", but not everything is so black and white.

    You know, I don't know why I bother with this forum. You post your opinion that differs from someone else's and get called 'dumb'. That's not very polite and it's literally a game, it's really not that deep.

  • Oh dear, you think I'm the one dying? No, no. I make good use of bond and diversion pre and post nerf hatch. Current hatch mechanic just means I have to guide the killer to kill more survivors. I'm sure that's lots of fun for the team.

    @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994745#Comment_2994745

    1. hatch is not “perfectly balanced”. There are plenty of times where it appears right next to the survivor and there’s nothing that can be done about it.
    2. by your logic, if there are multiple survivors left at the end, killers should get a one time use version of NOED so they at least have a “chance” to get a kill. you see how this argument makes no sense? You shouldn’t just be given something just because egos can’t handle holding the L. You get second chances all game as it is. Hatch exists purely for survivors to feel like they didn’t lose lol.
    3. the only time hatch should spawn is if all 5 generators are done. Again there is no reason you should get an easy escape when you haven’t even finished your objective. Killers always have to hook/mori/run out the EGC clock, in order to win. Why do survivors need a way to escape without finishing their objective other than being given pity escapes to feel better?

    Smetimes the hatch spawns next to the killer. Sometimes killers just sit on the hatch and wait for the last survivor to reveal themselves to be slaughtered.

    @ausanimal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994145#Comment_2994145

    The same could be said for a mori before they got nerfed i'm pretty sure a lot of killer players were cackling with laughter after using the mori on all 4 survivors before the gens were done, That's pretty much how old hatch and mori were they allowed the game to finish sooner i.e the killer managed to set up a good 3 gen for survivors just for them to come along and say screw you we are getting out using the hatch with this key bypassing having to finish all the gens plus opening the exit.

    For mori hook someone once and you could mori them bypassing a hook stage both needed changing to try and stop both sides from being able to finish the match early.

    Why are you bringing up mori's in a post about the hatch? This seems out of context and like a spam comment.

    @toxik_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320794/make-the-hatch-great-again

    Old hatch was super fun imo. But it was just too unhealthy for the game.

    If it was fun, that's not unhealthy. Games are supposed to be fun, not boring. That's why it's a game and not work. Current hatch mechanic is lame.

    @Mozic said:

    I was going to say something like "I wouldnt mind if the hatch would at least appear earlier in the trial than when theres only one survivor left, but make it uninteractable until that point" but I remembered that along with the hatch changes came the end of one survivor crouched and waiting on hatch while their teammate dies on hook instead of going for the rescue - and frankly, good riddance.

    This is literally how the game is now, not how it was before. Before, that survivor could leave early and wouldn't need to spen extra time getting their other teammates killed. You've made an argument against yourself.


    I can stream and show anyone interested how toxic the game currently is and how anti-CoOp it has become. Unless by CoOp you mean working together to get other survivors killed. That's fun game I play with my friends.

  • Hatch Again.png

    The game really wants to bring back the old hatch. The game bugged out today and I was rewarded with this here.

  • This is literally how the game is now, not how it was before. Before, that survivor could leave early and wouldn't need to spen extra time getting their other teammates killed. You've made an argument against yourself.

    So before the hatch change you believe it was easier for survivors to abandon each other and that's the preferable state of the game to you?

    I can stream and show anyone interested how toxic the game currently is and how anti-CoOp it has become. Unless by CoOp you mean working together to get other survivors killed. That's fun game I play with my friends.

    Hm.

  • Please, for the love of The Entity, delete this post and never talk about it ever again.

    Thank you kindly.

    All killer mains

  • @SackoXA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998333#Comment_2998333

    Oh dear, you think I'm the one dying? No, no. I make good use of bond and diversion pre and post nerf hatch. Current hatch mechanic just means I have to guide the killer to kill more survivors. I'm sure that's lots of fun for the team.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995098#Comment_2995098

    Smetimes the hatch spawns next to the killer. Sometimes killers just sit on the hatch and wait for the last survivor to reveal themselves to be slaughtered.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000030#Comment_3000030

    Why are you bringing up mori's in a post about the hatch? This seems out of context and like a spam comment.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000121#Comment_3000121

    If it was fun, that's not unhealthy. Games are supposed to be fun, not boring. That's why it's a game and not work. Current hatch mechanic is lame.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000128#Comment_3000128

    This is literally how the game is now, not how it was before. Before, that survivor could leave early and wouldn't need to spen extra time getting their other teammates killed. You've made an argument against yourself.

    I can stream and show anyone interested how toxic the game currently is and how anti-CoOp it has become. Unless by CoOp you mean working together to get other survivors killed. That's fun game I play with my friends.

    If it was fun, that's not unhealthy. Games are supposed to be fun, not boring. That's why it's a game and not work. Current hatch mechanic is lame.

    It was only fun for the one side that could suddenly skip 20/40% of their objective and immediately win.

    In any trial a killer player could play their best only to suddenly see multiple survivor instantly escaping through the hatch.

    Even i remember a trial on the game were i had adept perks for a killer i can't remember and the game was going good with everyone on deathhook without camping, tunneling or slugging only to go searching for the survivor and seeing all 3 jumping into the hatch with 1 gen left.

    GG, they were lucky and found a key (no one had one in the lobby and no last second switches) and suddenly my adept was ruined and I left frustrated.

    Much fun for them maybe but none for me on the other side.

    Something like this isn't healthy in an already unbalanced asymmetrical pvp game.

    Survivor already have the increased incentive by being able to play together so you can't make killer too unattractive or the game will die.

  • @sonata93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2999975#Comment_2999975

    You know, I don't know why I bother with this forum. You post your opinion that differs from someone else's and get called 'dumb'. That's not very polite and it's literally a game, it's really not that deep.

    I said to say that it isn't a pity escape is dumb, I didn't call you dumb. I'm not going to judge you for your opinion on a video game, calm down.


    Maybe take your own words, and realize it's "really not that deep".

  • @SackoXA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998333#Comment_2998333

    Oh dear, you think I'm the one dying? No, no. I make good use of bond and diversion pre and post nerf hatch. Current hatch mechanic just means I have to guide the killer to kill more survivors. I'm sure that's lots of fun for the team.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995098#Comment_2995098

    Smetimes the hatch spawns next to the killer. Sometimes killers just sit on the hatch and wait for the last survivor to reveal themselves to be slaughtered.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000030#Comment_3000030

    Why are you bringing up mori's in a post about the hatch? This seems out of context and like a spam comment.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000121#Comment_3000121

    If it was fun, that's not unhealthy. Games are supposed to be fun, not boring. That's why it's a game and not work. Current hatch mechanic is lame.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000128#Comment_3000128

    This is literally how the game is now, not how it was before. Before, that survivor could leave early and wouldn't need to spen extra time getting their other teammates killed. You've made an argument against yourself.

    I can stream and show anyone interested how toxic the game currently is and how anti-CoOp it has become. Unless by CoOp you mean working together to get other survivors killed. That's fun game I play with my friends.

    And I'm sure old hatch was fun for everyone involved. Might as well bring back old moris at this point.

  • killer hostage.png

    When killers stop taking the game hostage like this, I'll consider the previous hatch being OP. In the meantime, here's a screenshot of a killer taking the game hostage and just making it so f'ing boring for everyone. They waited for me to bleed out because there was no available nearby hook they could see.

  • image.png

    Killer takes the game hostage again by refusing to hook a survivor. This is why I advocate for the return of the old hatch.

1 2 ›