DS shouldn't have a skill check

I personally don't need it. But with how much killers tunnel nowadays, I run it a lot. Now here's the issue, the skill check inside of the perk lags 1/2 of the time when I use it, resulting in it being wasted. Because of this, I think DS shouldn't have a skill check. Not to mention it hurts bad players, aka the ones who need it the most.

Comments

  • @Sludge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918614#Comment_2918614

    Yeah I'm not trying to be mean to console players, they've been treated like garbage by BHVR but that's no reason to buff DS. Maybe they should fix optimisation instead.

    Well, it's been 3 years since they announced it and it IS horrific on Xbox One and PS4. This isn't a buff so much as a QoL change. If you're half-decent nothing will change but it'll mean the world to some people.

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    Optimization would solve many problems, but why ask for that when you can demand buffs to an already meta perk.

    You must be new to the forums, people ask for better optimization all the time, see this post with 131 pages:

    @Pulsar said:

    Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

    I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

    Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

    Thank you.

    The Devs also said three years ago that they want dbd to run at 60 fps on console and as far as I know they haven't reached this goal yet.

    I think it is really understandable that people give up on expecting improvements after waiting for years and ask for a simpler accommodation instead.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Yes, let's make it free so Killers can never take advantage of a mess-up and Survivors never have to worry about failing it. It just becomes an free 'get off the shoulder now' perk with 0 fail states. 🙄

    I feel like maybe you don't understand how bad console dbd is.

    This is a clip from @DarKStaR350z

    https://youtu.be/k7t-uITZPyI

    The game can and WILL cuck you out of hits, downs, chases, skill checks, vaults and even entire matches.

    How is it possibly fair that they get to miss a skill check because BHVR can't fix their game?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918321#Comment_2918321

    I feel like maybe you don't understand how bad console dbd is.

    This is a clip from @DarKStaR350z

    https://youtu.be/k7t-uITZPyI

    The game can and WILL cuck you out of hits, downs, chases, skill checks, vaults and even entire matches.

    How is it possibly fair that they get to miss a skill check because BHVR can't fix their game?

    That does suck but that means BHVR should fix the game.

    Removing DS's skillcheck literally cucks Killers out of misplays and possible kills.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918635#Comment_2918635

    That does suck but that means BHVR should fix the game.

    Removing DS's skillcheck literally cucks Killers out of misplays and possible kills.

    The only time people miss DS is when they aren't good at the game yet OR when the game literally stops them by freezing.

    Removing the skill checks will hardly make a difference in 99% of cases and when it does those people would've hit it if their game didn't freeze.

    Likewise, BHVR has been given 3 YEARS to fix their game. There has been no visible progress. Minimizing the amount of garbage console players have to put up with in the mean time shouldn't be too much of an ask

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918321#Comment_2918321

    I feel like maybe you don't understand how bad console dbd is.

    This is a clip from @DarKStaR350z

    https://youtu.be/k7t-uITZPyI

    The game can and WILL cuck you out of hits, downs, chases, skill checks, vaults and even entire matches.

    How is it possibly fair that they get to miss a skill check because BHVR can't fix their game?

    I get that it sucks for console players but there could be multiple factors as to why lag occures on a game. Now im not defending BHVR here because yes the game isnt overly optimised for console however other factors could and will come into play when lag is an issue. The ping of both the survivor and killer will play a part, The console your playing on (Next Gen consoles will have better performance for example).

    As many have said in this forum post none of these issues means you should change a huge part of a perk just because its unoptimized on console.

    All removing the skillcheck from DS will do is make a lot of (NOT ALL) survivors use the perk even more, and i use this term loosly, toxicly as they don't have to worry about missing it.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Yeah especially if you are old gen or switch hitting that skill check consistently can be quite difficult

    I've given up on using DS on the switch. It's basically a coin flip whether input lag screws you over or the game randomly decides to stutter at the most inopportune time.

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918635#Comment_2918635

    I get that it sucks for console players but there could be multiple factors as to why lag occures on a game. Now im not defending BHVR here because yes the game isnt overly optimised for console however other factors could and will come into play when lag is an issue. The ping of both the survivor and killer will play a part, The console your playing on (Next Gen consoles will have better performance for example).

    As many have said in this forum post none of these issues means you should change a huge part of a perk just because its unoptimized on console.

    All removing the skillcheck from DS will do is make a lot of (NOT ALL) survivors use the perk even more, and i use this term loosly, toxicly as they don't have to worry about missing it.

    There's a very clear difference between latency and the game physically freezing.

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918635#Comment_2918635

    I get that it sucks for console players but there could be multiple factors as to why lag occures on a game. Now im not defending BHVR here because yes the game isnt overly optimised for console however other factors could and will come into play when lag is an issue. The ping of both the survivor and killer will play a part, The console your playing on (Next Gen consoles will have better performance for example).

    As many have said in this forum post none of these issues means you should change a huge part of a perk just because its unoptimized on console.

    All removing the skillcheck from DS will do is make a lot of (NOT ALL) survivors use the perk even more, and i use this term loosly, toxicly as they don't have to worry about missing it.

    All removing the skillcheck from DS will do is make a lot of (NOT ALL) survivors use the perk even more, and i use this term loosly, toxicly as they don't have to worry about missing it.

    Thanks for saying what most people are dancing around: you don't want survivors using DS, so you'd rather the perk be unusable for as many possible. The reason you give is that because some survivors play like jerks, all survivors should be penalized. It just so happens survivors who get shafted the most are the ones already having a bad time and having to deal with performance issues that impact other areas of the game.

    Players on these forums have admitted they specifically target and tunnel out console survivors. It's not about the globes, either, showing or hiding those wouldn't matter. You can recognize someone playing on a controller because their movements don't have the precision a M+KB player has. So, the players who are tunneled out more often are denied from consistently using the perk that helps with that. Yeah, that doesn't feel like being doubly screwed at all.

    More than doubly screwed, actually. Console players are more likely to die on second hook because those final skill checks get too small, and a lot of survivors wait to the last second for a save... which means the console survivor dies as someone is running up to them. (No, survivors aren't entitled to three hooks, but it is kind of annoying to die because my teammates lollygag.)


    Maybe all the players who are blessed with such good performance should help us console players out and advocate for console-only and PC-only cross-play? Tell BHVR you don't like taking advantage of the opposing side's hardware limitations and performance issues.

    (That wouldn't help all the players experiencing issues on PC, of which there are many, but at least then it wouldn't look like people are trying to keep console players at the biggest disadvantage possible for their own gain.)


    Edit: That bolded text is a general statement aimed at everyone. It's not necessarily aimed at you, Jay_K. I'm not trying to be hostile. I'm just generally annoyed at the state of the game.


    @Hex_Ignored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918084#Comment_2918084

    I've given up on using DS on the switch. It's basically a coin flip whether input lag screws you over or the game randomly decides to stutter at the most inopportune time.

    Yeah, equipping DS on Switch is a wasted perk slot.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918673#Comment_2918673

    All removing the skillcheck from DS will do is make a lot of (NOT ALL) survivors use the perk even more, and i use this term loosly, toxicly as they don't have to worry about missing it.

    Thanks for saying what most people are dancing around: you don't want survivors using DS, so you'd rather the perk be unusable for as many possible. The reason you give is that because some survivors play like jerks, all survivors should be penalized. It just so happens survivors who get shafted the most are the ones already having a bad time and having to deal with performance issues that impact other areas of the game.

    Players on these forums have admitted they specifically target and tunnel out console survivors. It's not about the globes, either, showing or hiding those wouldn't matter. You can recognize someone playing on a controller because their movements don't have the precision a M+KB player has. So, the players who are tunneled out more often are denied from consistently using the perk that helps with that. Yeah, that doesn't feel like being doubly screwed at all.

    More than doubly screwed, actually. Console players are more likely to die on second hook because those final skill checks get too small, and a lot of survivors wait to the last second for a save... which means the console survivor dies as someone is running up to them. (No, survivors aren't entitled to three hooks, but it is kind of annoying to die because my teammates lollygag.)

    Maybe all the players who are blessed with such good performance should help us console players out and advocate for console-only and PC-only cross-play? Tell BHVR you don't like taking advantage of the opposing side's hardware limitations and performance issues.

    (That wouldn't help all the players experiencing issues on PC, of which there are many, but at least then it wouldn't look like people are trying to keep console players at the biggest disadvantage possible for their own gain.)

    Edit: That bolded text is a general statement aimed at everyone. It's not necessarily aimed at you, Jay_K. I'm not trying to be hostile. I'm just generally annoyed at the state of the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918675#Comment_2918675

    Yeah, equipping DS on Switch is a wasted perk slot.

    "Thanks for saying what most people are dancing around: you don't want survivors using DS, so you'd rather the perk be unusable for as many possible. The reason you give is that because some survivors play like jerks, all survivors should be penalized."

    This quote here has been taken WAYYY out of context and is not at all what i was saying.

    firstly i couldnt give a damn if a survivor wants to run DS or any other perk for that matter. Anyone can play how they want. I in no way stated that i wanted the perk to be "unusable" for anyone. I believe everyone should be on a fair playing field. But that aint ever gonna happen because there is a big difference between the console and PC version of the game clearly that the devs are yet to address.

    I also didnt say that all survivors should be punished because some are jerks with the perk. I was simply saying that it gives more power to those who miss-use the perk (yes they can use it how they want but many survivors use the perk as an attacking perk which isnt its intended use).

    "Players on these forums have admitted they specifically target and tunnel out console survivors."

    Just because some players are dicks and target console players does not mean we all are. I will target any player in the game thats toxic towards me if no toxic players i will try and play the game as fairly as possible despite it usually cause me to throw the game bceause i don't wanna tunnel even though its the best play.

    I get your pissed at the state of the game but your trying to suggest improvements that would work to help this single issue but also harm the balance of perks which isnt what you should be fighting for. Instead you should have address the issue as a whole not singled out a single perk to fix especially a perk as controversial as DS.

    I mean if I was to do the same from a killer side were we get slight lag when entering bloodlust causing any benifit to be lost as we lose that distance i would be roasted on here as "stupid killer main", or "entitled baby killer needs his blood lust boo hoo".

    Bottom line is this game isnt optimised for console. never has and given how the devs focus their workload never will be. Its not just DBD its a lot of games that are cross platform that are much easier and optimised on PC. And yes the Hardware in the consoles/PCs will come into account when dealing with issue like this just not the entire reason for the lag.

    I find it funny that I try to stay as unbiased and fair when i respond to forum posts but because the OP (not just you im not singling you out) is so fixated on their original post they try and twist the words of others. I mean i could have just said "Boo Hoo console players are struggling. Buy a PC Scrub" but im not a dick and would never post that.

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918829#Comment_2918829

    "Thanks for saying what most people are dancing around: you don't want survivors using DS, so you'd rather the perk be unusable for as many possible. The reason you give is that because some survivors play like jerks, all survivors should be penalized."

    This quote here has been taken WAYYY out of context and is not at all what i was saying.

    firstly i couldnt give a damn if a survivor wants to run DS or any other perk for that matter. Anyone can play how they want. I in no way stated that i wanted the perk to be "unusable" for anyone. I believe everyone should be on a fair playing field. But that aint ever gonna happen because there is a big difference between the console and PC version of the game clearly that the devs are yet to address.

    I also didnt say that all survivors should be punished because some are jerks with the perk. I was simply saying that it gives more power to those who miss-use the perk (yes they can use it how they want but many survivors use the perk as an attacking perk which isnt its intended use).

    "Players on these forums have admitted they specifically target and tunnel out console survivors."

    Just because some players are dicks and target console players does not mean we all are. I will target any player in the game thats toxic towards me if no toxic players i will try and play the game as fairly as possible despite it usually cause me to throw the game bceause i don't wanna tunnel even though its the best play.

    I get your pissed at the state of the game but your trying to suggest improvements that would work to help this single issue but also harm the balance of perks which isnt what you should be fighting for. Instead you should have address the issue as a whole not singled out a single perk to fix especially a perk as controversial as DS.

    I mean if I was to do the same from a killer side were we get slight lag when entering bloodlust causing any benifit to be lost as we lose that distance i would be roasted on here as "stupid killer main", or "entitled baby killer needs his blood lust boo hoo".

    Bottom line is this game isnt optimised for console. never has and given how the devs focus their workload never will be. Its not just DBD its a lot of games that are cross platform that are much easier and optimised on PC. And yes the Hardware in the consoles/PCs will come into account when dealing with issue like this just not the entire reason for the lag.

    I find it funny that I try to stay as unbiased and fair when i respond to forum posts but because the OP (not just you im not singling you out) is so fixated on their original post they try and twist the words of others. I mean i could have just said "Boo Hoo console players are struggling. Buy a PC Scrub" but im not a dick and would never post that.

    I apologize. Straight up, I apologize.


    Just because some players are dicks and target console players does not mean we all are. 

    I never said everyone targets console players. I am frustrated because these two issues intersect. When I play on Switch, every Switch killer has tunneled me. Sometimes they throw the game doing it and I still escape, because killer on Switch is really that bad, but more often than not when a killer tunnels one survivor that survivor will die. And I literally can't use DS to help me. The perk exists to help in those situations, and I can't use it.

    I mean if I was to do the same from a killer side were we get slight lag when entering bloodlust causing any benifit to be lost as we lose that distance i would be roasted on here as "stupid killer main", or "entitled baby killer needs his blood lust boo hoo".

    I have complained about that issue on these forums a lot. I don't remember anyone calling me an entitled killer main for saying it, either. The frame drops when Bloodlust activates are notoriously bad. Killer is riddled with damning performance issues, and in other threads I've been very vocal about it.

    I have been extremely vocal on these forums about wanting optimization. I'm a regular in the optimization thread. I would prefer optimization fixes. However, after YEARS of waiting, I just don't have any hope that they're coming. If we can't get the preferred optimization, then getting simpler changes that could make a difference is all that's left to ask for before straight up quitting.


    I saw something in your post you didn't mean, and I realized I may have been wrong after I posted my reply, which is why I edited it to say I wasn't intending to be hostile. I used your post as a jumping off point to make an argument. I stand by what I said, but my frustration colored what I read in your post and I'm sorry I was unfair on you. None of this is targeted at you; my frustration with the performance issues in this game is impotent. I cannot make changes to the game myself, and all this comes pouring out on the forums. Again, I apologize.

  • Well you’re denying the killer a hook so the skill check is needed.

  • I 100% agree but there could be still skill check to make the stun effect longer. Like without hitting the skill check stun would be 4s and while hitting it 6s

  • @Deathstroke said:

    I 100% agree but there could be still skill check to make the stun effect longer. Like without hitting the skill check stun would be 4s and while hitting it 6s

    That's an actual buff to the perk. I don't think it needs a buff. I mean, it's hard for me to say since I don't/can't use DS, but DS is already strong. I certainly don't want to face a stronger DS as killer. If I get hit by DS it's almost always an accidental tunnel, and that 5s stun feels bad enough.

    A bigger skill check success zone rather than no skill check whatsoever would, I think, be reasonable. I mean, DS really doesn't need a skill check at all, hitting a button to activate it like with DH would be fine. (I don't think anyone's asking for it to get used automatically, because not everyone wants to use DS the first chance they get.)

    The tiny skill check that gets denied due to the slightest blip in performance is the issue. We'd just like BHVR to give us a reasonable chance to use the perk.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918913#Comment_2918913

    That's an actual buff to the perk. I don't think it needs a buff. I mean, it's hard for me to say since I don't/can't use DS, but DS is already strong. I certainly don't want to face a stronger DS as killer. If I get hit by DS it's almost always an accidental tunnel, and that 5s stun feels bad enough.

    A bigger skill check success zone rather than no skill check whatsoever would, I think, be reasonable. I mean, DS really doesn't need a skill check at all, hitting a button to activate it like with DH would be fine. (I don't think anyone's asking for it to get used automatically, because not everyone wants to use DS the first chance they get.)

    The tiny skill check that gets denied due to the slightest blip in performance is the issue. We'd just like BHVR to give us a reasonable chance to use the perk.

    Well other option would be to make an ability button to use it but you only have few secs to decide.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    I 100% agree but there could be still skill check to make the stun effect longer. Like without hitting the skill check stun would be 4s and while hitting it 6s

    Or maybe hide scratch marks and blood pools during the stun duration.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918913#Comment_2918913

    Or maybe hide scratch marks and blood pools during the stun duration.

    It should honestly give a sprint burst effect

  • Since the game can freeze and HAS for me, I would appreciate it if the skill check can leave.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918870#Comment_2918870

    I apologize. Straight up, I apologize.

    Just because some players are dicks and target console players does not mean we all are. 

    I never said everyone targets console players. I am frustrated because these two issues intersect. When I play on Switch, every Switch killer has tunneled me. Sometimes they throw the game doing it and I still escape, because killer on Switch is really that bad, but more often than not when a killer tunnels one survivor that survivor will die. And I literally can't use DS to help me. The perk exists to help in those situations, and I can't use it.

    I mean if I was to do the same from a killer side were we get slight lag when entering bloodlust causing any benifit to be lost as we lose that distance i would be roasted on here as "stupid killer main", or "entitled baby killer needs his blood lust boo hoo".

    I have complained about that issue on these forums a lot. I don't remember anyone calling me an entitled killer main for saying it, either. The frame drops when Bloodlust activates are notoriously bad. Killer is riddled with damning performance issues, and in other threads I've been very vocal about it.

    I have been extremely vocal on these forums about wanting optimization. I'm a regular in the optimization thread. I would prefer optimization fixes. However, after YEARS of waiting, I just don't have any hope that they're coming. If we can't get the preferred optimization, then getting simpler changes that could make a difference is all that's left to ask for before straight up quitting.

    I saw something in your post you didn't mean, and I realized I may have been wrong after I posted my reply, which is why I edited it to say I wasn't intending to be hostile. I used your post as a jumping off point to make an argument. I stand by what I said, but my frustration colored what I read in your post and I'm sorry I was unfair on you. None of this is targeted at you; my frustration with the performance issues in this game is impotent. I cannot make changes to the game myself, and all this comes pouring out on the forums. Again, I apologize.

    Thank you for your appology. You don't get that a lot on these forums.

    I do understand your frustration as I have had it with many other games but with DBD i just accept that this game has and always will be unoptimised. Maybe some day all these issues will be fixed but thats a long way off.

    Now as an alternative to your original suggestion of removing the skill check i still believe that any removal of a check makes the perk far to strong. However....

    Instead of a skill check in the traditional sense simply making it a quick time event (1 or 2 buttons) would fix this issue. There would be enough time that if the game lags for a tick or 2 then you can still hit the quick time event but it will also be punishing to players not paying attention.

    I think my main issue with DS not having any sort of check is it then doesnt punish players who are simply not paying attention (I'm one of them when i play survivor. i get downed i go to youtube till im hooked or picked up).

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918878#Comment_2918878

    Thank you for your appology. You don't get that a lot on these forums.

    I do understand your frustration as I have had it with many other games but with DBD i just accept that this game has and always will be unoptimised. Maybe some day all these issues will be fixed but thats a long way off.

    Now as an alternative to your original suggestion of removing the skill check i still believe that any removal of a check makes the perk far to strong. However....

    Instead of a skill check in the traditional sense simply making it a quick time event (1 or 2 buttons) would fix this issue. There would be enough time that if the game lags for a tick or 2 then you can still hit the quick time event but it will also be punishing to players not paying attention.

    I think my main issue with DS not having any sort of check is it then doesnt punish players who are simply not paying attention (I'm one of them when i play survivor. i get downed i go to youtube till im hooked or picked up).

    No problem, man. It was my bad.

    as an alternative to your original suggestion of removing the skill check ...

    Instead of a skill check in the traditional sense simply making it a quick time event

    Quick time event! That's the phrase I was forgetting earlier when talking about using a button to activate DS. Dang. I don't know why but that phrase escapes me a lot, I guess because I connote QTE with when a game tells you to hit buttons while it plays a pre-rendered video, and I hated those. But no, yes, quick time event.

    I can't say what the original poster of this thread wants, or what other people experiencing this problem want, but me personally I'd like to see DS updated with either a quick time event or a larger autodidact-type skill check.

    I think my main issue with DS not having any sort of check is it then doesnt punish players who are simply not paying attention

    I would never advocate for a DS with an unlimited time in which to use it while being carried, because that'd be insanely unfair on the killer. (Back in the day, DS activated after reaching 35% on the wiggle bar for non-Obsessions, and it was horrible. It hurt the killer more than the Obsession just popping DS right away.) And no one wants DS to trigger automatically, because then that removes the player's choice of whether or not to use it.

    It's the precision-perfect timing that I see as the problem, especially in a game with so many performance issues. Requiring input from the user in a timely fashion, that's definitely needed to keep the perk from being busted.

  • I disagree. The skill check is the only input required for the perk - and it really isn't hard at all.

    Perk's been around since the dinosaurs and it having a skill check has never been a factor in its use.


    That being said, it probably shouldn't be deactivated if you miss the first time. If you miss and get hooked/unhooked again, you should still be able to use it.

  • @Valik said:

    I disagree. The skill check is the only input required for the perk - and it really isn't hard at all.

    Perk's been around since the dinosaurs and it having a skill check has never been a factor in its use.

    That being said, it probably shouldn't be deactivated if you miss the first time. If you miss and get hooked/unhooked again, you should still be able to use it.

    The skill check is bugged with the new wiggle option

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2919543#Comment_2919543

    The skill check is bugged with the new wiggle option

    I hope that gets fixed then!

  • If someone is downed, and their teammate is healing them , but they are not healed back to get up, DS stays active right?

    Just had it happen and thought if they were healed it could deactivate?

    I downed 1 coming out basement, I chased the unhooker across map. Downed them, hooked them, went back to the downed slug, they were being healed, chased off the healer - picked up slug, got DSed. Literally chased two others, hooked another, they were getting healed, and people think DS is fine.

    Just curious, I have been paying more attention and recording matches lately due to all the hacks/cheaters doing subtle things. Just want to verify if thats how it works

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    If someone is downed, and their teammate is healing them , but they are not healed back to get up, DS stays active right?

    Just had it happen and thought if they were healed it could deactivate?

    I downed 1 coming out basement, I chased the unhooker across map. Downed them, hooked them, went back to the downed slug, they were being healed, chased off the healer - picked up slug, got DSed. Literally chased two others, hooked another, they were getting healed, and people think DS is fine.

    Just curious, I have been paying more attention and recording matches lately due to all the hacks/cheaters doing subtle things. Just want to verify if thats how it works

    Outside healing does not deactivate DS. Only self-healing with a medkit, Self-Care, and/or Circle of Healing. Inner Strength and Second Wind are exempted.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2919669#Comment_2919669

    Outside healing does not deactivate DS. Only self-healing with a medkit, Self-Care, and/or Circle of Healing. Inner Strength and Second Wind are exempted.

    thanks.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917924#Comment_2917924

    That would be an awful idea since protection hits are pretty random. Imagine I get farmed from the hook, the person has DS, and dodges the killer and it ends up hitting me. I took a protection hit because I was farmed, and now it's free tunnel town. No thanks.

    the problem is when people use BT out of his ORIGINAL purpose... this perk should aid you to escape from the killer, not to be used as a shield to protect the others (which it happens more than you think sadly)... in that instance you WANT to waste the killer's time at all costs instead of escaping from him, so ds should be automatically disabled IF you were hitted while the endurance status effect is active (after all the killer doesn't have faults here, it's just a bad play from your team)... in that way you still have the possibility to escape with your ds if someone hookfarm without bt and you still have a possibility to loop and waste the killer's time if you were hitted while the endurance effect is active...

  • @_AdamFrancis_ said:

    I personally don't need it. But with how much killers tunnel nowadays, I run it a lot. Now here's the issue, the skill check inside of the perk lags 1/2 of the time when I use it, resulting in it being wasted. Because of this, I think DS shouldn't have a skill check. Not to mention it hurts bad players, aka the ones who need it the most.

    I totally agree with you. DS has been nerfed so significantly, before the nerf, the skill check was deserved. The skill check only hurts new players and users with lag.

    I'd say change it to the activate button, and you can press it at anytime you want to use DS and when DS is available, obviously.

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2917985#Comment_2917985

    the problem is when people use BT out of his ORIGINAL purpose... this perk should aid you to escape from the killer, not to be used as a shield to protect the others (which it happens more than you think sadly)... in that instance you WANT to waste the killer's time at all costs instead of escaping from him, so ds should be automatically disabled IF you were hitted while the endurance status effect is active (after all the killer doesn't have faults here, it's just a bad play from your team)... in that way you still have the possibility to escape with your ds if someone hookfarm without bt and you still have a possibility to loop and waste the killer's time if you were hitted while the endurance effect is active...

    No

1 2 ›