Killer main suggestion?
It is weird that I am asking a pretty toxic community who should I try out or main as a killer, but who the hell cares.
I am honestly getting bored of getting absolutely trashed on when it comes to any killer I play. Looping with god pallets is honestly the most annoying thing ever and I cant stop dead hard users that extend chases longer than they need to be. But thats not why we are here.
I have almost every killer unlocked (Minus Sadako and GF) and there is just no fun playing either, sure sometimes Ill get the greatest match and then feel good going into another, only just to be completely destroyed by SWF flashlight users, bad maps (aka The Game), and just me not being able to loop.
So I am asking for a decent not too frustrating killer that can do good in chases while also having a bit of pressure on gens.
Comments
What platform are you on?
I'll always suggest learning Nurse. But she's definitely not for everybody.
Billy has amazing mobility and a one shot, but he has arguably the highest skill ceiling in the game along with Nurse and Blight. I usually have fun with him, but if maps drive you nuts, Billy will multiply that x 5. There's no greater waste of time in gaming than sitting down for a Billy session without map offerings.
Hag is an unconventional pick. She doesn't "chase" per se. But she's a super chill killer until your traps start popping off, and then you can end a game in 1 minute. You also have the advantage of rarity when you play her. Nobody plays Hag.
Console and I have tried Nurse but that is something I will never touch again.
Pyramid Head? It seems to be a Killer you would like.
Demogorgon
Pinhead all the way baby. Watching survivors trek thru a chain hunt never gets old.
heres what ive found:
learning doctor can help with grinding BP because he gets it pretty well; stealth killers are pretty hit or miss, against SWF is usually miss. even though you said you dont like nurse, a have a buddy who plays on console who didnt like nurse at first, but then stuck to it and is loving it. the flip flop nature of matches is just something you have to deal with- no match is the same and you wont just dominate with one killer. for chases and gen pressure pinhead is a good one to learn. his passive can be a great slowdown, and his active while tricky to hit can make chases a lot easier. sometimes, perks can help out gen pressure like corrupt intervention, ruin, discordinance, etc. so look into getting some gen pressure perks. also another reccomendation would be freddy, but SPECIFICALLY with his addons that give him dream pallets. they look the same, and tons of survivors will drop them thinking they are real, which is practically a free hit. plus being able to teleport to any generator is cool, as well as the hemmorage update coming soon making one of his addons decent now.
TLDR: pinhead, freddy, get some gen perks under your belt, and chill out! once you seperate having fun from winning with this game, it becomes way better (trust me, i used to main clown)
I'd reccomend the Doctor, he is easy to pick up and his power is both good in chase and at finding survivors. His perk Monitor and Abuse also increases your FOV, which is a nice help for someone learning a killer.
Other than that, you might also wanna try Legion. Discordance is one of the best perks in the game when it comes to finding survivors. Not to mention your power gives you amazing info and good map presense. They can be a bit tedious to pick up tho, since you have no real looping power.
I can't say I agree, Freddy is both weak and boring and Pinhead is pretty difficult to master. Neither them are good to pick up if you wanna learn a killer.
When I started playing in 2017 I chose wraith, back then He was even more difficult. I felt like I couldn’t quite reach Red ranks at that time.
Became legion main but then they nerfed him into misery,…
Moved to Freddy found him fun but back then he couldn’t even stop an unhook.
now? Bubba
bubba is the way
saw is family
Oh you should definitely try out Spirit. Very fun killer and can end chases very quickly.
maybe give Doctor a try?
he is a very versatile character with a bunch of different playstyles, pretty good in chases (once you got the timing down) while also not being too shabby at defending the area around him. he is certainly not the strongest around, but i think he is very fun to play nontheless.
he was definitely my go to Killer whenever i didnt feel like playing Deathslinger - who i would have recommended to you had they not completelly and uterly gutted him out of existance :)
Main Nemesis and buy every Game offering you can. It's almost a guaranteed 3k
Nemmy or PH
If you can get good with Nurse or Huntress then you don’t have to worry about looping with god pallets.
I highly reccomend taking Otz's "which killer is ideal for you" test. It's surprisingly accurate and will give you a general idea of who you should look at. Regardless, you must learn some form of "M1 Killer" that has regular statistics, I'd reccomend Wraith for a beginner. From from there you can branch off to other killers.
I started playing artist and she is very good imo. Looping is a non issue but i find she struggles(with my usage) on 2 story maps.
Plague is also pleasant if looping is an issue. get them sick. they loop you and get hurt. they loop you while you have corrupt purge they get hurt or downed.
Trapper can also be effective if you focus on protecting 3 gens close by and trap the loops there. but he is super hit or miss depending on survs.
Im no means new to the game but Looping is so utterly frustrating. i simply dont have the skillset to beat these masters of the game that know where every palet is and optimum pathing to go from one safe loop to the next. I HATED killer until i started to find killers i could use and find success even without being good at counter looping. Looping is still my enemy but at least i win games sometimes now.
if you cant counter loop with a killer, NOED is a must. so many teams bust gens out so fast you dont possibly have a chance without it to get one kill. For killers who can fight loops i dont use it except for trapper because he is weak enough I need it for him. plague and artist its not needed for me.
How about Artist? She can be played well on console.
Completely unbiased lol
But yeah I can verify that Spirit is very fun and very strong if you're into that, I also recommend Legion if you like running fast and stabbing people or Blight if you like running fast and hitting people over the head with a cane
go for pyramid head he's very fun and has a very nice ass
Imagine if PH hadthe camera angles that Spirit did...
cant play dbd singlehanded :(
I used the quiz provided in this vid to help me out after switching to killer. Plus he gives a breakdown on each killer at the time.
https://youtu.be/mQCP2uZVbO0
That list is outdated now since its missing last 3 so its a almost a yo still tho it gives some good tips still
Spirit looks like a cool killer, but I dont play with headphones so hearing footsteps is kinda not gonna work and scratch marks can be very deceiving at times.
I also suggest you start learning legion and getting good with them before their big buff goes live next patch. It will be rough but i have a feeling alot more legion mains will start to show up in the next coming weeks they also remove alot of stealth play survivors like to use and with being able to down on the 5th hit its going to be brutal for survivors...that is if that change stays.
The Quiz is up to date though.