Huntress should have 115% movement speed
I know some might disagree, but in my view, huntress should have 115% movement speed. She’s a pretty good killer already, but what really hinders her is how she’s 110% movement speed. She’s only really deadly when survivors are in the open and you can land your hatchets. Yes, you can do the little trick where you get a hatchet hit in when they drop a pallet but good survivors normally won’t let that happen.
I think if she had 115% speed, she wouldn’t be so prone to the usual gen rush and pallet looping. I might have a bias too since she’s my favorite killer
lol... what do you guys think?
Comments
lol @the guys that said "the depip squad is only 0.1% of the playerbase!". Scott is even less than that and yet he struggled against them.
Next level argumentation here but why doesn't this surprise me.
"Watch Scott, he reks them all!"
watched scott vs depip squad
"Noooo, not against the depip squad! Watch him play against some unskilled plebs! Depip squad is only 0,1% of playerbase!"
Fix the hitboxes again and boost her movement speed, I think it's a good trade.
Are there still differences in killer lunges?
These types of comments are just redundant. You picked arguable the two best Huntress players to compare to. Both have a ridiculous amount of hours, like 4000. Of course they are gonna be good.
Ok so it's fine to balance the game around the depip squad level but not around good killers. Good to know!
I think the devs made it this way to make the killer balanced and also to encourage the player to master the killer's ability.
Huntress is fine in my opinion, the lullaby range is way too big though.
Than hag, nurse and the spirit should be buffed cause they're ''loopable''
Throwing hatchets over waist high obstacles is unreliable as hell and probably the intent of her hatchets for breaking loops.
That or bring her instahatchets back, she's far too easy to bully and she needs a way to counter those loops. Like I always say, no matter how good a Huntress is, if the survivor plays it correctly, she'll get abused and looped around 1 loop (normal sized) at least 8 times before pallet drop. I've faced some great Huntress players who have a hard time and with the skill they got with her, they deserve to be rewarded.
There's another way around her slow speed too, you could make her hum go. I believe she has a 20m terror radius that would allow her to sneak up on survivors. But I love her hum so I wish it wasn't louder the closer she is, and it always sounds distant. If she rank moniter and abuse with a constant distant hum, she could really sneak up on survivors. She'd be viable and very strong again.
They fixed the difference last patch I think.
why does everyone keep saying I struggled with that game? it was hard as balls but I didn't even use her strongest stuff on a weak map for Huntress, and I just AFK'd the last guy on the hook because the entire point was to break their no-pip streak.
Instahatchets do NOT need to come back. They were blatantly overpowered and stupid.
At least they made her viable.
She's still in the top-tier.
It doesn't get much more viable than that O_O;
I'm sorry but if the only way you could win with Huntress was with instathrow, you are just a bad Huntress and your opinion of her is obviously not accurate or supported by enough experience.
What I didn't even have her maxed back then and I didnt even play her until after her nerf.
I don't usually follow streamers but i will follow you from now on @ScottJund
And don't get me started on all her flaws rn seriously I will make a whole essay over how she's weak.
She's mid tier for sure. Too ez to loop, if u don't mess up which u rarely do, you can get 8 loops in before dropping the pallets.
If you didn't even play her with instathrow how do you know what the experience of using instathrow is like?
If a full team has like 4 toolboxes, 4 DS, 4 Unbreakable, 4 Sprint Burst, all on comms, then yes, that's overpowered.
Has that ever actually happened to you? Maybe one game ever?
I disagree dude. This patch has been the easiest it has ever been for killer. Some maps are just completely dead and there's nothing survivors can do on them anymore. There are also still some strong Survivor maps too, but the game is the easiest its ever been for killer. I don't care how much they're talking on comms, it doesn't help them not die faster in a chase.
Okay you have no idea what you're talking about if you think you can legitimately loop ANY killer 8 times around anything.
I've seen a friend of mine using them when I went over to his home to play dbd. Seriously he dominated. She was so strong back then. Also I completely agree with this game being much easier for killer. I play both sides and I don't even like Huntress anymore but I agree that she needs that movespeed or non directional hum. Btw love ur streams.
Maybe. I don't play survivor much anymore It's more Nurse and Hag for me. Last time I faced one though, I did an excellent job of baiting her. But you're more experienced then me so maybe you know better? I mean I did only join 1 year and 2 months ago. I'm tired, goodnight dude.
Oh no wonder you think she's mid tier, you play on console. Yeah she's not great at all on console.
Always willing to show you how threatening she is in a KYF if you want. Have a good night dude.
But then she'd just turn into a bad Hillbilly or Leatherface that doesnt even use their power because they suck at it.
I don't really get why people think the average survivor team is a 4-man Claudette hitsquad yet imagine that the average killer has the capability of a sad potato.
Always willing to show you how threatening she is in a KYF if you want. Have a good night dude.
Well yeah...Billy and Nurse are better than her.
I can get behind that idea. We should start a petition.
Of course it would go up, but the argument is that it doesn't need to go up because she's already good.
I know huntress can be very scary and tough to go against. But with how ridiculously fast gens can be done, I just want her to be able to apply more pressure around the map. Her speed really hinders her. And yes, I know she can use those hatchets in many deadly ways... but what she can’t do is traverse the map quickly
tha's actually pretty good idea! when she losses all her hatches, she should be able to be at 115%. In a way, she's really a powerless killer without hatches, buffing her while being without hatches, definitely will help on "those" chases that you BARELY miss a hatchet and still be able to be scary as any other killer.
In essence, she's 110% with hatches, 115% without hatches just because she lost the wieght of the hatches lol
I think it's a good compromise but bad solution. The Huntress should keep the weakness of needing to reload because it rewards survivors for juking and then being stealthy.
After I juke 4-5 hatchets, my next reaction shouldn't be "ok now she has 115 MS and she'll BL-M1 me to death". It's counterproductive.
If anything, more killers need to be like Huntress (skill-based and rewarding for both sides) and not the other way around.
I care less about the killrate and more about the design of the game. And as it is now, survivors already die more than 1/2 the time at every rank and they're still buffing killers across the board.
Which is fine, but I still stand by my reasoning against MS bonuses.
I'm leaning more toward @Nickenzie's suggestion for reducing the bottom half of the hatchet hitbox so her hatchets can properly bypass obstacles.
*rides survivor at 115% movement speed, mashing M2 with 6 hatchets, as M1 is now obsolete.
Not OP at all.
I am sorry, but this is completely ignorant on so many levels