If You Wonder Why You're Having A Rough Game As Killer...Man, This Was Depressing.


Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (4).png


Reported the scoundrel postgame, but sadly I don't record all my matches so I don't think anything can be done about it. At least I was able to give the killer a kill out of all of this. I wonder how many of my 'so...how exactly did I lose that?' games looked like this from the other side.

I mean...what do you do when you find yourself in a super-boon?

So yeah. I guess my instincts when playing killer are correct. See a VAC ban? Dodge that lobby.

Oh - and what was most concerning about this - postgame, the other survivors (who weren't in a party with the cheater from what I could tell) were basically 'shhh, why are you complaining? Just take the win. Snitches get stitches' and all that.

EDIT: Is this why it's so hard to catch cheaters? They don't do anything too weird from the killer's POV, and the other survivors just enjoy the free win.

Man, that game legitimately depressed me.

Comments

  • Yea it’s subtle most of the time. It’s another reason to avoid high MMR as killer.


    But dont’ think too much about it. There will always be cheaters in video games, and you will lose to them. It doesn’t mean you are bad because they had wall hacks, speed hacks to compensate their lack of skill.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    Yea it’s subtle most of the time. It’s another reason to avoid high MMR as killer.

    This wasn't high MMR though. I'm an awful survivor.

    What scares me about this is:

    • There would have been no way for me to spot this as killer unless I was very observant, and even then it would have been suspicious but not confirmed.
    • The only way to get this chap banned is for one of the other survivors to both be recording the game and be willing to report.
    • From the rest of postgame, I wonder how many survivors just go 'oh hey, a free win - you keep doing what you're doing'.
  • I think that the majority of survivors, even the most toxic ones would not support cheaters and would report if we had a better report system. Because at the end of day, to keep the pleasure of the victory, we have to play it legit.

  • I have only had bad games today. It's rough. The only game that may have been good was one when I was Pinhead, but 2 people dc'd and the third one sui'd on hook. I gave the last survivor hatch.

    The rest of the games were nothing but 2-4 swf. Thank god most of them were not toxic about it, one match had a toxic Dwight in it - but that was whatever.

  • @Kurri said:

    I have only had bad games today. It's rough. The only game that may have been good was one when I was Pinhead, but 2 people dc'd and the third one sui'd on hook. I gave the last survivor hatch.

    The rest of the games were nothing but 2-4 swf. Thank god most of them were not toxic about it, one match had a toxic Dwight in it - but that was whatever.

    "Toxic Dwight" is redundant XD.

    Also - yeah. I'm wondering how many of my 'okay, I just got my cheeks thoroughly clapped but I have absolutely no idea how' games looked like this from the perspective of the survivors. Going to be incredibly paranoid from now on I think.

  • Doing this to a Mikey is a war crime.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    Doing this to a Mikey is a war crime.

    Yeah, I've seen this twice so far in the past two days. The first one was completely overt - spamming firecrackers and stuff. This one though - yeah. I gave the killer his kill (despite the cheater and the rest of the survivors doing everything in their power to get me out) but he was on console (can they even report PC players? They certainly can't see postgame chat) and all 3 of the others were extremely cross when I even asked about the situation.

    Just makes me wonder if half the reason it's hard to get rid of the cheaters is this 'well, it directly benefits me so I'm not saying jack' mindset.

  • How did this work? Were all those buffs applied to a boon? Or did that survivor just have like, every perk and it created a buff salad?

    As a console player, it's honestlytoo much of a hassle to consistently file reports. Dbd is unplayable while the game clip uploads to xbox live. No thanks.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896443#Comment_2896443

    "Toxic Dwight" is redundant XD.

    Also - yeah. I'm wondering how many of my 'okay, I just got my cheeks thoroughly clapped but I have absolutely no idea how' games looked like this from the perspective of the survivors. Going to be incredibly paranoid from now on I think.

    Yeah I just put the game away for the day. Even my matches after that comment were no good.

  • @lauraa said:

    How did this work? Were all those buffs applied to a boon? Or did that survivor just have like, every perk and it created a buff salad?

    As a console player, it's honestlytoo much of a hassle to consistently file reports. Dbd is unplayable while the game clip uploads to xbox live. No thanks.

    I'm not entirely sure. Didn't actually twig onto what was happening until midgame. Initially I saw Open Handed and a few other buffs and went 'oh, that's a fun build!'. The Bill put down a boon very fast at the start but I didn't think anything of it.

    I was sure it was a Mirror Myers (small terror radius, no T3) and so I ran to the boon once chased hoping that it would have a Shadowstep attached - then I saw a bazillion buffs and went 'oh'. Immediately called Myers over and got him to hook me.

    Wasn't completely sure until postgame where I saw zero boon perks. Asked about it as if I had no idea, hoping that the Bill would say something incriminating/reportable, but instead I got called a snitch by the other survivors.

  • idk i think implying that every time a killer loses or has a bad game it's probably against cheaters is just a bad precedent to try and set, the majority or players killer & survivor are totally legitimate players playing by the rules.

  • not a comment on this but i just like how you blurred your name everywhere but the top right where we can still see it

  • Report them to Steam, they take cheating more seriously than BHVR.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    not a comment on this but i just like how you blurred your name everywhere but the top right where we can still see it

    Whoops XD!

    Eh, not too concerned about my name to be honest. Steam profile is completely private. Have edited though, thanks for pointing that out.

    @BubbaDredge said:

    Report them to Steam, they take cheating more seriously than BHVR.

    ...

    Mental note, do that in future. Didn't even occur to me.

  • @Seanzu said:

    idk i think implying that every time a killer loses or has a bad game it's probably against cheaters is just a bad precedent to try and set, the majority or players killer & survivor are totally legitimate players playing by the rules.

    I'm not saying it's true, but I am saying that it's going to make me extremely paranoid in the future.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    Report them to Steam, they take cheating more seriously than BHVR.

    Devs do ban, it's just often not enough for determined people, there's someone that streams as a hacker and they literally have a ban counter on their stream, last time I saw it, it was at 52/53

  • @StarLost said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NMPGR2BHP4Z0/screenshot-283-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/327BK2VO99Z8/screenshot-284-29.png

    Reported the scoundrel postgame, but sadly I don't record all my matches so I don't think anything can be done about it. At least I was able to give the killer a kill out of all of this. I wonder how many of my 'so...how exactly did I lose that?' games looked like this from the other side.

    I mean...what do you do when you find yourself in a super-boon?

    So yeah. I guess my instincts when playing killer are correct. See a VAC ban? Dodge that lobby.

    Oh - and what was most concerning about this - postgame, the other survivors (who weren't in a party with the cheater from what I could tell) were basically 'shhh, why are you complaining? Just take the win. Snitches get stitches' and all that.

    EDIT: Is this why it's so hard to catch cheaters? They don't do anything too weird from the killer's POV, and the other survivors just enjoy the free win.

    Man, that game legitimately depressed me.

    Posted about this multiple times, I dont get why a system cant track someone using more than 4 perks... seems abit stupid to me

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896430#Comment_2896430

    This wasn't high MMR though. I'm an awful survivor.

    What scares me about this is:

    • There would have been no way for me to spot this as killer unless I was very observant, and even then it would have been suspicious but not confirmed.
    • The only way to get this chap banned is for one of the other survivors to both be recording the game and be willing to report.
    • From the rest of postgame, I wonder how many survivors just go 'oh hey, a free win - you keep doing what you're doing'.

    There are many "small" cheaters.

    Today i faced a team that never yelled while being in my terror raidus with infectious fright. I know they were in my terror radius as i often heard footsteps around me just after downing a survivor. Then i found the said survivor not yelling in a corner of the jungle gym, 5 meters away from the down teammate, no scream, nothing.

    Same, i often face survivors that activate speedhack just around a jungle gym corner. Some use this kind of cheat so good that you think they vanished in front of you.

    Never happened to me before, now it's like 20% of the time.

    When i play survivor i also face many wallhackers (obvious). Same, never happened to me before and now it's like 10% of the time.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896482#Comment_2896482

    Devs do ban, it's just often not enough for determined people, there's someone that streams as a hacker and they literally have a ban counter on their stream, last time I saw it, it was at 52/53

    The issue is that reporting someone is needlessly hard and I don't record most of my games as is (I suspect this is the norm).

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896482#Comment_2896482

    Devs do ban, it's just often not enough for determined people, there's someone that streams as a hacker and they literally have a ban counter on their stream, last time I saw it, it was at 52/53

    But your example is of someone who's constantly publicly cheating. That's like saying cops are willing to stop crimes 53 times if they happen every day in the same public place. It's not a ringing endorsement.

    Does the streaming service allow cheating?

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896511#Comment_2896511

    But your example is of someone who's constantly publicly cheating. That's like saying cops are willing to stop crimes 53 times if they happen every day in the same public place. It's not a ringing endorsement.

    Does the streaming service allow cheating?

    Do any streaming services allow cheating? It's all well and good acting like they make it easy to see they're cheating, they hide player names in the lobby and in the match so it's a little harder than just watching the stream and banning them live.

  • Yup, they had the usual meta perks DH/BT/Adre/Unbreakable.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896543#Comment_2896543

    Do any streaming services allow cheating? It's all well and good acting like they make it easy to see they're cheating, they hide player names in the lobby and in the match so it's a little harder than just watching the stream and banning them live.

    Twitch is...weird.

    There's a RU streamer who constantly and blatantly cheats, has a lot of followers and has been through a ton of DbD accounts, but has never been banned on Twitch despite being the subject of an Otz video and mass reported.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896543#Comment_2896543

    Do any streaming services allow cheating? It's all well and good acting like they make it easy to see they're cheating, they hide player names in the lobby and in the match so it's a little harder than just watching the stream and banning them live.

    I dunno, that's why I asked. I watch streamers on youtube like other old people, I know nearly nothing about it.

    Sorry my question made you have a hissy fit. I didn't realize how sensitive you are.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896546#Comment_2896546

    I dunno, that's why I asked. I watch streamers on youtube like other old people, I know nearly nothing about it.

    Sorry my question made you have a hissy fit. I didn't realize how sensitive you are.

    All I did was explain that they hide player names so you can't just ban them infinitely, not sure a hissy fit was involved.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896601#Comment_2896601

    All I did was explain that they hide player names so you can't just ban them infinitely, not sure a hissy fit was involved.

    Agreed. No 'hissy fit' detected at all.

  • If survivors want to win THAT badly, I could care less. I never expect integrity from them to begin with, so I am rarely if ever disappointed.


    I just AFK in the corner if there is a blatant cheater so as to not give them the attention they desperately crave. If they are subtle, I guess we get to test their limits as I personally double down on sus players just because I prefer chasing the good ones.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896601#Comment_2896601

    All I did was explain that they hide player names so you can't just ban them infinitely, not sure a hissy fit was involved.

    How would I know if any streaming services allow cheating? I just asked you that question and you answered back with essentially the same question. Why would I ask you if I knew? If I don't know how they work, why would I know how others work? That's a perfect example of why answering a question with a question is considered rude.

    And you were all defensive about the whole thing. I didn't know they hid their names, I assumed you could report the channel they're streaming on and that would stop them. Accusing me of "acting like it's so easy" is a very strange form of politeness. I don't feel I was acting like anything. Maybe I'm super-sensitive and you have great people skills.

    But also I don't care. If you don't want to answer, don't. That's probably what I'll do if you try to continue this conversation.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896620#Comment_2896620

    How would I know if any streaming services allow cheating? I just asked you that question and you answered back with essentially the same question. Why would I ask you if I knew? If I don't know how they work, why would I know how others work? That's a perfect example of why answering a question with a question is considered rude.

    And you were all defensive about the whole thing. I didn't know they hid their names, I assumed you could report the channel they're streaming on and that would stop them. Accusing me of "acting like it's so easy" is a very strange form of politeness. I don't feel I was acting like anything. Maybe I'm super-sensitive and you have great people skills.

    But also I don't care. If you don't want to answer, don't. That's probably what I'll do if you try to continue this conversation.

    I honestly think you completely misinterpreted something here - what she said seemed completely innocuous.

    Relax, mate :)

  • this threads got me thinking that I should start paying more attention, I'm curious if I've played with people like these and just didn't realize. Ive mostly only seen cheaters from a killers POV, as I've faced a certain musician and her lame groupies.

    I personally love Open Handed+Bond in Solo q, I wonder if that would be able to detect subtle speed hack after breaking LOS of the killer. probably not

  • Are the hackers in general mainly survivors, or does it happen equally on the killer side?

  • @DangerScouse said:

    Are the hackers in general mainly survivors, or does it happen equally on the killer side?

    I honestly don't know. I've had one or two situations where it's like 'uh...how the hell did you find me in a locker from half the map away without any perks that would let you do that' but I haven't seen any overt cheating killers - aside from one incredibly sus Legion and even that might just have been a ridiculously good smurf.

  • man I want to know what mouse he uses because sheeeesh

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896717#Comment_2896717

    I honestly think you completely misinterpreted something here - what she said seemed completely innocuous.

    Relax, mate :)

    I just came back to the thread to apologize for just that. Sorry I'm a pain in the ass derailing the thread.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896543#Comment_2896543

    Do any streaming services allow cheating? It's all well and good acting like they make it easy to see they're cheating, they hide player names in the lobby and in the match so it's a little harder than just watching the stream and banning them live.

    Hey Seanzu, I came back to apologize for my earlier complaints. From my point of view your post seemed obnoxious because I really don't have a clue about how these things work, but you had no way of knowing that. You were responding assuming I was an average player, that's all. I was the one who was being sensitive for no reason.

    Again, sorry. Like I said, I'm old, we complain a lot and we're wrong a lot. Didn't mean to be a dick. I'll try to avoid it in the future.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896546#Comment_2896546

    Hey Seanzu, I came back to apologize for my earlier complaints. From my point of view your post seemed obnoxious because I really don't have a clue about how these things work, but you had no way of knowing that. You were responding assuming I was an average player, that's all. I was the one who was being sensitive for no reason.

    Again, sorry. Like I said, I'm old, we complain a lot and we're wrong a lot. Didn't mean to be a dick. I'll try to avoid it in the future.

    It's not to worry, my wording certainly could have been better, for what it's worth I don't think the two major services that I use (Twitch & YT) allow people to cheat in online games (however, cheating in single player / modding is ok).

  • Their logic baffles me

    They blatantly cheat in a video game, robbing you of a legitimate match and they have the gall to ask why you're complaining?

  • subtle cheaters have infested the game, I run into them often enough to make me not want to play as often.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896730#Comment_2896730

    I just came back to the thread to apologize for just that. Sorry I'm a pain in the ass derailing the thread.

    Not a problem mate, we all have our bad days.

    @Brokenbones said:

    Their logic baffles me

    They blatantly cheat in a video game, robbing you of a legitimate match and they have the gall to ask why you're complaining?

    Yeah. It's like - I'd rather lose than win like that.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    If survivors want to win THAT badly, I could care less. I never expect integrity from them to begin with, so I am rarely if ever disappointed.

    I just AFK in the corner if there is a blatant cheater so as to not give them the attention they desperately crave. If they are subtle, I guess we get to test their limits as I personally double down on sus players just because I prefer chasing the good ones.

    +1 to this. This is how I handle it too

  • @StarLost said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NMPGR2BHP4Z0/screenshot-283-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/327BK2VO99Z8/screenshot-284-29.png

    Reported the scoundrel postgame, but sadly I don't record all my matches so I don't think anything can be done about it. At least I was able to give the killer a kill out of all of this. I wonder how many of my 'so...how exactly did I lose that?' games looked like this from the other side.

    I mean...what do you do when you find yourself in a super-boon?

    So yeah. I guess my instincts when playing killer are correct. See a VAC ban? Dodge that lobby.

    Oh - and what was most concerning about this - postgame, the other survivors (who weren't in a party with the cheater from what I could tell) were basically 'shhh, why are you complaining? Just take the win. Snitches get stitches' and all that.

    EDIT: Is this why it's so hard to catch cheaters? They don't do anything too weird from the killer's POV, and the other survivors just enjoy the free win.

    Man, that game legitimately depressed me.

    What's even scarier is that there's a limit to the status effects that can be shown on-screen, so there might have been even more that the cheater was taking advantage of (I don't know if that's the maximum or not -- content creator Pebsie did a video on it -- but no Prove Thyself might mean that even more things were in play as well).

    It's sad that people who weren't actually cheating had no problem with it. Their tune would likely be different if they were going against a killer with perm-wall hacks, for example.

    Kudos to you for eating the hook and reporting the cheater in question.

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896433#Comment_2896433

    There are many "small" cheaters.

    Today i faced a team that never yelled while being in my terror raidus with infectious fright. I know they were in my terror radius as i often heard footsteps around me just after downing a survivor. Then i found the said survivor not yelling in a corner of the jungle gym, 5 meters away from the down teammate, no scream, nothing.

    Same, i often face survivors that activate speedhack just around a jungle gym corner. Some use this kind of cheat so good that you think they vanished in front of you.

    Never happened to me before, now it's like 20% of the time.

    When i play survivor i also face many wallhackers (obvious). Same, never happened to me before and now it's like 10% of the time.

    Since I've seen so many content creators making videos on the subtle cheaters, it's gotten me paranoid on both ends. I've definitely had the "why in the world did the killer come here to find me?" moments, and I've had more than a handful of suspect plays from the killer end as well (the Yui tonight that seemingly had Lucky Break -- but without the perk equipped -- just the latest example). I legitimately wonder now how many people I've gone against that were subtle hacking, but I just wasn't able to tell.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318600/if-you-wonder-why-youre-having-a-rough-game-as-killer-man-this-was-depressing

    What's even scarier is that there's a limit to the status effects that can be shown on-screen, so there might have been even more that the cheater was taking advantage of (I don't know if that's the maximum or not -- content creator Pebsie did a video on it -- but no Prove Thyself might mean that even more things were in play as well).

    It's sad that people who weren't actually cheating had no problem with it. Their tune would likely be different if they were going against a killer with perm-wall hacks, for example.

    Kudos to you for eating the hook and reporting the cheater in question.

    Mm.

    This made me rethink some of the recent bizarro games I've had as killer - where survivors weren't overtly cheating, but always seemed to know exactly where I was, healed insanely fast and seemed to have more perks than they should have. I'll certainly be going over postgame lobbies more closely.

    Urgh, that sort of killed my desire to play more today. At least I finally made it to Iri on survivor, next month I should be able to Iri 1 both.

  • Worst part is you will never know if you lost because of cheaters or actual "skill".

  • Subtle cheating is definitely more insidious. I have seen any blatant hacking for months but I just recently had a game with two Flashlight Fengs who would not quit. It was actually a 4k, partly because they didn't seem to want to touch gens, but I must have been blinded 30+ times by the duo. Not even just good pickup/pallet blinds but constant running attempts to blind. About half half way through I wondered how they possibly had enough flashlights but that's the annoying thing, there's so many factors you can't say it was impossible. End game screen showed them with two yellow flashlights, no attachments. Maybe they kept pulling flashlights from chests. Maybe the other two handed them some. Maybe they had the locker refill perk. It's just really unlikely and suspicious AF.

  • @Nithing said:

    Subtle cheating is definitely more insidious. I have seen any blatant hacking for months but I just recently had a game with two Flashlight Fengs who would not quit. It was actually a 4k, partly because they didn't seem to want to touch gens, but I must have been blinded 30+ times by the duo. Not even just good pickup/pallet blinds but constant running attempts to blind. About half half way through I wondered how they possibly had enough flashlights but that's the annoying thing, there's so many factors you can't say it was impossible. End game screen showed them with two yellow flashlights, no attachments. Maybe they kept pulling flashlights from chests. Maybe the other two handed them some. Maybe they had the locker refill perk. It's just really unlikely and suspicious AF.

    What was scary about this match was that it wasn't subtle at all. It was just done in a way that the killer wouldn't be sure enough to report on, unless they actually scanned the perks in postgame - and worse, if I hadn't been there, nobody would have reported.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2897998#Comment_2897998

    What was scary about this match was that it wasn't subtle at all. It was just done in a way that the killer wouldn't be sure enough to report on, unless they actually scanned the perks in postgame - and worse, if I hadn't been there, nobody would have reported.

    all 4 boon were in play but was there the boon sound when it went up?

    because there no boon in any perk slot and I would of reported that.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2898113#Comment_2898113

    all 4 boon were in play but was there the boon sound when it went up?

    because there no boon in any perk slot and I would of reported that.

    Yes, if I remember correctly there was a boon sound.

    However, I don't habitually scan postgame lobbies to make sure that every perk I saw in-game was actually equipped.

    Although I'll probably start doing that from now on if I get a sussy game.