Let's talk about the Spirit buff?

I think a lot of people are laughing at the title of this thread, but I'm being serious right now. As a Rin Queenmaoka main I'll start right away with the best perk against Rin - Iron Will. By default the Spirit should have a killer instinct, which will find a Survivor with an Iron will during the chase. Because of this perk, you are blind and deaf.

Also, it would be NOT BAD to return the addon to remove the phase sound or its DIRECTION, because it completely spoils Rin's ability. If the survivor understands which side she is flying from, there is no point in her.

Just bring back the very first Rin Yamaoka and that's it, okay?

Comments

  • Oh god please don’t make Dried Cherry Blossom basekit. Her fun factor would be ruined with that. I think just directly nerfing Iron Will would be a way better decision.

  • @GannTM said:

    Oh god please don’t make Dried Cherry Blossom basekit. Her fun factor would be ruined with that. I think just directly nerfing Iron Will would be a way better decision.

    You can use the ability in the chase and just not notice the Survivor next to you, who sit a meter away from you with iron will AND ALL. End of the chase, + 1 generator.

  • @blackoutraven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885116#Comment_2885116

    You can use the ability in the chase and just not notice the Survivor next to you, who sit a meter away from you with iron will AND ALL. End of the chase, + 1 generator.

    Yes I get Iron Will is frustrating, but killer instinct basekit isn’t the way to go.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885125#Comment_2885125

    Yes I get Iron Will is frustrating, but killer instinct basekit isn’t the way to go.

    Oki, they rly need to nerf Iron Will, I'm already tired of all this.

  • Literally just nerf iron will. Second most frustrating perk in the game after dead hard. It should have a very generous time limit like lucky break.

  • The best I can do is half a second off her cooldown.

  • @blackoutraven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885142#Comment_2885142

    Oki, they rly need to nerf Iron Will, I'm already tired of all this.

    Agreed. It is very annoying to deal with.

  • They just need to nerf IW. She absolutely does NOT need basekit killer instinct, and DCB is a terribly-designed addon.

  • @blackoutraven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885142#Comment_2885142

    Oki, they rly need to nerf Iron Will, I'm already tired of all this.

    By the way, I saw you asked for my steam, I put it on your profile.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885125#Comment_2885125

    Yes I get Iron Will is frustrating, but killer instinct basekit isn’t the way to go.

    I'm also very happy to meet Rin main. I would like to get to know you ><

  • I wish they'd remove that addon, takes a lot of skill away.

    Iron Will is an issue that needs addressing though. Spirit got nerfed heavily enough that we don't need Iron Will where it's at. Rework or changes, something.

  • @blackoutraven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885142#Comment_2885142

    I'm also very happy to meet Rin main. I would like to get to know you ><

    Oh yeah same! It’s awesome seeing people that also have passion for her 😊

  • They're never going to nerf Iron Will, they know that people will keep buying Spirit skins even if she is F tier like Legion so why bother giving her a fair game?

  • @GannTM said:

    Oh god please don’t make Dried Cherry Blossom basekit. Her fun factor would be ruined with that. I think just directly nerfing Iron Will would be a way better decision.

    Have yet to verse a spirit without that addon... please sir tell me tales of what it's like?

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    They're never going to nerf Iron Will, they know that people will keep buying Spirit skins even if she is F tier like Legion so why bother giving her a fair game?

    Even BHVR knows about her royalty!

  • I dont understand the refusal to use Stridor to counter IW

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885116#Comment_2885116

    Have yet to verse a spirit without that addon... please sir tell me tales of what it's like?

    I’ve used it before in like 4 Spirit games ever and it makes me feel nauseous while using it because the killer instinct while going so fast is just disorienting. Obviously you can get used to it but when you do it takes away what makes her fun to play as and against.

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    I dont understand the refusal to use Stridor to counter IW

    They changed it like a year ago. Stridor doesn’t work against IW anymore

  • @GannTM said:

    Oh god please don’t make Dried Cherry Blossom basekit. Her fun factor would be ruined with that. I think just directly nerfing Iron Will would be a way better decision.

    Agreed, pretty ######### stupid that one perk that is generally ran by a lot of survivors can just counter a killer's power almost entirely

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885309#Comment_2885309

    They changed it like a year ago. Stridor doesn’t work against IW anymore

    wait what???

    You can tell I haven't played killer for a bit over a year, and I used to main spirit with stridor lmao

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885315#Comment_2885315

    wait what???

    You can tell I haven't played killer for a bit over a year, and I used to main spirit with stridor lmao

    They made sound modifiers multiplicative instead of additive. So since IW is a 100% reduction, it forces it to stay at 0% no matter what, since (in stridor’s case), an extra 50% of 0% is still 0%. So stridor is basically worthless now.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885320#Comment_2885320

    They made sound modifiers multiplicative instead of additive. So since IW is a 100% reduction, it forces it to stay at 0% no matter what, since (in stridor’s case), an extra 50% of 0% is still 0%. So stridor is basically worthless now.

    Wow... That change was not needed, at all. They need to bring stridor back to its original form.

  • @blackoutraven said:

    I think a lot of people are laughing at the title of this thread, but I'm being serious right now. As a Rin Queenmaoka main I'll start right away with the best perk against Rin - Iron Will. By default the Spirit should have a killer instinct, which will find a Survivor with an Iron will during the chase. Because of this perk, you are blind and deaf.

    Also, it would be NOT BAD to return the addon to remove the phase sound or its DIRECTION, because it completely spoils Rin's ability. If the survivor understands which side she is flying from, there is no point in her.

    Just bring back the very first Rin Yamaoka and that's it, okay?

    Here's another GannMan, lol

  • @Blueberry said:

    I wish they'd remove that addon, takes a lot of skill away.

    Iron Will is an issue that needs addressing though. Spirit got nerfed heavily enough that we don't need Iron Will where it's at. Rework or changes, something.

    Iron will doesn't need nerfed it would instantly be a never picked up perk, stridor just needs to reverted to counter iron will and the problem is solved , while spirit did get nerfed it really isn't all that bad and alot of people blow it out of proportion pretending like she was totally gutted when in reality she still plays mostly the same and with that add on it's brainless to catch survivors I agree it needs removed.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885256#Comment_2885256

    Iron will doesn't need nerfed it would instantly be a never picked up perk, stridor just needs to reverted to counter iron will and the problem is solved , while spirit did get nerfed it really isn't all that bad and alot of people blow it out of proportion pretending like she was totally gutted when in reality she still plays mostly the same and with that add on it's brainless to catch survivors I agree it needs removed.

    • It would instantly be a never picked perk.

    I say good.

  • @GannTM said:

    Oh god please don’t make Dried Cherry Blossom basekit. Her fun factor would be ruined with that. I think just directly nerfing Iron Will would be a way better decision.

    This. On one hand, making a purple baseline on an already decent killer would be a little silly.

    On the other hand, it's no fun having your killer hard countered by a single perk.

  • I’m the reason Spirit is a super common pfp on the forums.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885116#Comment_2885116

    This. On one hand, making a purple baseline on an already decent killer would be a little silly.

    On the other hand, it's no fun having your killer hard countered by a single perk.

    Agreed. It’s also just unfair how survivors can hear me but I can’t hear them if they have Iron Will.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885410#Comment_2885410

    I’m the reason Spirit is a super common pfp on the forums.

    I would join the crowd...but I like my distortion tokens that never get used, lol

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885441#Comment_2885441

    I would join the crowd...but I like my distortion tokens that never get used, lol

    Well Distortion is a bit useless against Spirit considering she can’t see auras in phase so yes you should join us :)

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885444#Comment_2885444

    Well Distortion is a bit useless against Spirit considering she can’t see auras in phase so yes you should join us :)

    But I love when my tokens do go down guessing what the killer has for aura reading, lol, IF i lose a token

  • Now that Spirit has directional phasing sounds, I really don't know why Stridor hasn't been reverted to counter IW again.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885440#Comment_2885440

    Agreed. It’s also just unfair how survivors can hear me but I can’t hear them if they have Iron Will.

    Genuine question, Is playing against her without iron will even possible? A spirit with a good headphones will just hear a injured survivor so easily it seems impossible to do anything

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885256#Comment_2885256

    Iron will doesn't need nerfed it would instantly be a never picked up perk, stridor just needs to reverted to counter iron will and the problem is solved , while spirit did get nerfed it really isn't all that bad and alot of people blow it out of proportion pretending like she was totally gutted when in reality she still plays mostly the same and with that add on it's brainless to catch survivors I agree it needs removed.

    Well you'll notice I said changed or reworked, not nerfed. It would also be fine if they just reverted the Stridor change as you said.

    I actually completely disagree about her nerfs being overblown, she is significantly weaker. I wouldn't even call her comp viable anymore. I can literally pallet loop her now, that isn't a small nerf.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885443#Comment_2885443

    Genuine question, Is playing against her without iron will even possible? A spirit with a good headphones will just hear a injured survivor so easily it seems impossible to do anything

    Yes it is possible. Spirit can hear injured survivors but does that matter in certain situations when survivors have pallets and windows to use? Yeah Spirit can deal with that but it’s all got to do with mind games, counterplay, and understanding how Spirit works.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885434#Comment_2885434

    Well you'll notice I said changed or reworked, not nerfed. It would also be fine if they just reverted the Stridor change as you said.

    I actually completely disagree about her nerfs being overblown, she is significantly weaker. I wouldn't even call her comp viable anymore. I can literally pallet loop her now, that isn't a small nerf.

    If we're being honest she never was really comp viable even in her old form I just don't think shes that much weaker than before, the only spirit players that were really hurt are the ones who stood still as counterplay at a loop, but it's fine we can agree to disagree on this one

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885454#Comment_2885454

    Yes it is possible. Spirit can hear injured survivors but does that matter in certain situations when survivors have pallets and windows to use? Yeah Spirit can deal with that but it’s all got to do with mind games, counterplay, and understanding how Spirit works.

    Really? Have you personally played against survivors without iron will and completely lost?

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885463#Comment_2885463

    If we're being honest she never was really comp viable even in her old form I just don't think shes that much weaker than before, the only spirit players that were really hurt are the ones who stood still as counterplay at a loop, but it's fine we can agree to disagree on this one

    I'd agree she was almost not even comp viable before, that's fair.

    "the only spirit players that were really hurt are the ones who stood still as counterplay at a loop, but it's fine we can agree to disagree on this one"

    I disagree with this entirely. It requires significantly less skill from the survivor side to counter her now. We can agree to disagree though as you said.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885466#Comment_2885466

    Really? Have you personally played against survivors without iron will and completely lost?

    Of course. I wouldn’t say I’m the best Spirit but I do know how to play her and you can definitely get outplayed.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885443#Comment_2885443

    Genuine question, Is playing against her without iron will even possible? A spirit with a good headphones will just hear a injured survivor so easily it seems impossible to do anything

    lets remember the good players who were able to counter spirit when she had an addon that removes the phase sound. if they could handle it, then they don’t need iron will at all, now the survivors have so much good things that they don’t try to win as before, the game does it for them

  • @TheGannMan The Spirit nerf was interesting. It's hard not to imagine that the DCB add-on was not considered to be utilized in order to be viable at a higher level. Especially considering iron will cancelling stridor out. I'd like to think that was thought of tbh. I wonder if that's the thinking behind add-ons in general: do they want killers who want to play comp to use add-ons to do so? I also think of Nurse, and without her good add-ons and ofc startstruck/agitation shes actually pretty dang balanced and manageable. I really enjoy playing Nurse base kit. Survivors also have good time!

  • @livecola78 said:

    @TheGannMan The Spirit nerf was interesting. It's hard not to imagine that the DCB add-on was not considered to be utilized in order to be viable at a higher level. Especially considering iron will cancelling stridor out. I'd like to think that was thought of tbh. I wonder if that's the thinking behind add-ons in general: do they want killers who want to play comp to use add-ons to do so? I also think of Nurse, and without her good add-ons and ofc startstruck/agitation shes actually pretty dang balanced and manageable. I really enjoy playing Nurse base kit. Survivors also have good time!

    BHVR should honestly stop balancing around the need for having a perk or add on to counter something.

  • Buff Spirit and give her an add-on like stridor. When phasing she can hear survivors grunts even if they have iron will.

  • @Sakurra said:

    Buff Spirit and give her an add-on like stridor. When phasing she can hear survivors grunts even if they have iron will.

    That sounds like a very boring add on tbh.

  • I would use it though.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2885576#Comment_2885576

    BHVR should honestly stop balancing around the need for having a perk or add on to counter something.

    I'd be totally down for no add-ons but a strong base kit. Or, the only add-ons that exist completely change your power.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I wish they'd remove that addon, takes a lot of skill away.

    Iron Will is an issue that needs addressing though. Spirit got nerfed heavily enough that we don't need Iron Will where it's at. Rework or changes, something.

    I do not see them weakening Iron will. I would rather they revert Stridor to interact with Iron will and bring back Father glasses instead of dried cherry blossom. in general, Its perk for perk. I would say looping spirit is only brainless looping because of directional audio cue.

    I think Spirit was competitively viable before her nerfs because her ability to tunnel someone out of the game was probably the best out of any killer especially with old mother daughter ring that increased her speed by 70% instead of 40%. Not many survivor players could 1vs1 a spirit for 5 generators.

    survivor mains asked for easy-mode spirit so they got it.

  • umm i main Spirit and i can tell you she is just fine the way she is.

    i always 3-4k i refuse to be sweaty and slug for a 4k

    and for me her best 2 addons are yellow.

  • @blackoutraven said:

    I think a lot of people are laughing at the title of this thread, but I'm being serious right now. As a Rin Queenmaoka main I'll start right away with the best perk against Rin - Iron Will. By default the Spirit should have a killer instinct, which will find a Survivor with an Iron will during the chase. Because of this perk, you are blind and deaf.

    Also, it would be NOT BAD to return the addon to remove the phase sound or its DIRECTION, because it completely spoils Rin's ability. If the survivor understands which side she is flying from, there is no point in her.

    Just bring back the very first Rin Yamaoka and that's it, okay?

    She is the third best killer in the game.

    Is that not enough for you lol?

    I think its time to nerf the top tier killers and buff the lower ones,i'm tired of this stale killer meta.

    Also most survivors dont even use iron will anymore.

‹ 1 2