Corrupt feels necessary on most killers...

Title, if I want to play in a way I enjoy and hope to have a game which lasts multiple minutes this perk is a must.

I dunno if its MMR, SWF or just plain unlucky but without a doubt I every survivor will jump on a gen instantly and no matter the pressure or speed I down I loose most of my gen progress.

It seems so night and day when comparing my survivor games to my killer games, even though I'd be a high mmr (I have a high escape rate) I still get players not doing anything.

My build feels forced if I want to be able to do multiple chases in a match and that's just sad...

Comments

  • Should be baseline, survivors are getting BT baseline.

  • Yea I run Corrupt on all Killers that have it

    But then Survivors will go to an unblocked Gen and complete it (what feels like) instantly

    Also sometimes Corrupt doesn't block the Gen that the Survivors spawn on

  • I disagree that every killer wants to run it always. I hardly ever run the perk, for instance, if I'm running a hex/ruin build. I would rather survivors go onto the first gens they llsee typically, as it makes getting into my first chase a lot easier to predict, p fact I'd argue for killers like Artist, Pinhead, and maybe Trapper, your just as good if not better of running gen regression/ other gen block perks.


    I also think it can be very map dependent. On maps like Coal tower? Amazing? Maps like The Game, RPD, and most badhams? Waste of a perk slot in some cases... My opinion of course

  • Corrupt is good. But there are some new killer perks which can work better. But you have to get people hooked - that is the catch.

  • Corrupt is a bandaid solution for a core issue the game has. I wish it wasn't this way but it is and the perk is here to stay unless bhvr actually addresses the core problems with the game.

    I don't run it every match but I definitely use it a lot.

  • I don't run that perk ever.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Corrupt is a bandaid solution for a core issue the game has. I wish it wasn't this way but it is and the perk is here to stay unless bhvr actually addresses the core problems with the game.

    I don't run it every match but I definitely use it a lot.

    I bet it'll get nerfed soon.

  • Corrupts a great perk but I rarely run it. It's not mandatory nor does it need to be basekit

  • @Marc_123 said:

    Corrupt is good. But there are some new killer perks which can work better. But you have to get people hooked - that is the catch.

    Just let go of the gen before the killer hooks and you counter the perks...

  • Without corrupt you will lose 3 gens guaranteed on most killers during your first chase. They should imo make it basekit so games last longer than 3 mins without it. In return they could give survivors kindred without killer aura

  • I like using Corrupt and Deadlock when I want easy, guaranteed stall.

    Ruin + Undying on certain killers and when I'm feeling lucky.

    And then traditional slowdown like Pop / Jolt / Pain Resonance when I wanna work for my slowdown.

    Gen freeze is great though and corrupt is a godsend. If you're tired of survivors all spawning in right next to gens and working on them immediately, RUN CORRUPT

  • Corrupt is one of my favorite killer perks, but I don't think it's necessary. I played as Sadako last night without the perk and I still won most of my games. It's definitely very helpful though.

  • @MilManson said:

    Should be baseline, survivors are getting BT baseline.

    • The devs never said they're making Borrowed Time baseline. All they did was imply that they were looking into the idea. For all we know they looked into it and scrapped it.
    • Corrupt Intervention is a great perk for sure but it doesn't need to be baseline. Keep in mind the devs want to balance the game around 1-3 survivors escaping being the norm which means in most matches the gens are supposed to be done if both sides played equally well. I haven't seen any statistical evidence that the game is out of whack with that goal so gen speeds and the rate at which the gates get open is probably about where it's supposed to be.


  • Why would it get nerfed? I've never seen anyone complain about it.

  • @GeneralGrievous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2861629#Comment_2861629

    i dont think genrushing exists. its the survivors only objective at the moment

    If they are playing normally no. If you have all four stacked up with strong toolboxes and BnP that's definitely gen rushing.

  • Far to often it's used whenever survivors actually do gens instead of aimlessly wandering the map.

  • I play Myers a lot. Corrupt can't leave the build or you lose plain and simple. Wow I'm out of tier 1, 2 gens pop. It's a joke. If not using Corrupt, Discordance with double stalk add ons to stalk super fast as soon as that discordance procs at the beginning and ruin undying on top of it. I think ruin undying kinda sucks but it can slow the gens for the first minute or two that it's up.

    If they split up on gens and you have no corrupt enjoy 3 gens being done before your first hook. Really sucks that you have to lock a perk in your build if you wanna play certain killers.

  • Let them gen rush the first 3 gens. They always force themselves into a 3 gen like 95% of the time because of it. Then once a snowball begins it's basically over for them.

    I personally don't use it because I'd rather play with 4 perks throughout the entire match than be stuck with 3.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Title, if I want to play in a way I enjoy and hope to have a game which lasts multiple minutes this perk is a must.

    I dunno if its MMR, SWF or just plain unlucky but without a doubt I every survivor will jump on a gen instantly and no matter the pressure or speed I down I loose most of my gen progress.

    It seems so night and day when comparing my survivor games to my killer games, even though I'd be a high mmr (I have a high escape rate) I still get players not doing anything.

    My build feels forced if I want to be able to do multiple chases in a match and that's just sad...

    CORRUPT FEELS NECESSARY ON MOST KILLERS...

    SSSSS.jpg


  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    Let them gen rush the first 3 gens. They always force themselves into a 3 gen like 95% of the time because of it. Then once a snowball begins it's basically over for them.

    I personally don't use it because I'd rather play with 4 perks throughout the entire match than be stuck with 3.

    That doesn't really work if all 4 survivors are alive. It's almost impossible to control a 3 gen if all of then are alive and throw a CoH in the mix and the killer will lose that 100% of the time unless the survivors throw.

  • I would add an extra 30 seconds to each gen's repair time after the first one has been repaired.

    First gen = X secs

    2nd gen = X + 30

    3rd gen = (X+30)+30 and so on

  • Let's just make all Gens blocked by the entity for 20 seconds at the start of a trial. Then it's a ffa.

    More than enough time usually to start first chase.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2861413#Comment_2861413

    Why would it get nerfed? I've never seen anyone complain about it.

    Anything that helps the killer win, gets complained about til it gets nerfed. The survivors are always saying, "I'm so tired of the same killer meta." You generally know what perks they're talking about.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2861626#Comment_2861626

    Anything that helps the killer win, gets complained about til it gets nerfed. The survivors are always saying, "I'm so tired of the same killer meta." You generally know what perks they're talking about.

    Nobody complains about Corrupt though. The main killer perk that gets complaints is Noed. Since it's basically the killers DH that's understandable.