Playing against a nurse is a waste of time

Every time I hear the nurse's blink, someone from my team disconnects and I have to kill myself on the hook, and I go to the next match, and guess what, it's another nurse. (I love going against nurse but apparently my team doesn't like it) and when one of my team does not disconnect, she is using double range, literally you have nothing to do. I never thought it would be so boring to play against a nurse...

Comments

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092393#Comment_3092393

    People will NOT play the game, trust me. They will absolutely dig in their heels and not play the game.

    They will, there is really no reason to trust you when DC penalty IS working in pretty much any circumstance.

  • Oh yes, but if we start from this principle ...

    For example, if I take Bubba, and I start playing dirty by doing full slug, I can also get the same result 😣

    I was talking about a game where the killer is not in the big bastard mode 😀

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I must be the luckiest player alive because I face Nurse like maybe 1 in 50 games.

    No,friend,you might be from NA servers.

    Here in European servers,if you go against a Russian Nurse,you'll start tearing your Tru3 posters and become an "entitled" survivor main.

    It's sad DBD developers only listen to NA people,because they are Canadians ofc,and this leaves the game in an unbalanced state.

    You simply cannot compare the NA killers with EU killers,it's like a kitten vs a white shark..

  • @Vampwire said:

    For a nurse game to be fun you need a mediocre nurse. God nurses are literally inescapable and baby nurses will end up just walking at you. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play against either.

    I hate baby nurses who never use their blinks. Especially when you're expecting them to blink. I mean if you're not going to learn how to use their power, why the hell are you even playing as that killer?

  • @LDominating said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853717#Comment_2853717

    No,friend,you might be from NA servers.

    Here in European servers,if you go against a Russian Nurse,you'll start tearing your Tru3 posters and become an "entitled" survivor main.

    It's sad DBD developers only listen to NA people,because they are Canadians ofc,and this leaves the game in an unbalanced state.

    You simply cannot compare the NA killers with EU killers,it's like a kitten vs a white shark..

    True EU players lot more competitive compared to US players

  • @feechima said:

    Do the DCs happen before or after Starstruck hits everybody?

    If you arent splitting up against a nurse what did you expect to happen?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097536#Comment_3097536

    Are they .... ? Because I VPN'D over to the EU servers last night. I hit one blink. Not even a down, and they peaced out. Just because I was nurse. This happened 2 games in a row.

    No, I'm in EU and it's as diverse as everywhere else. (I've played in the US several times because of some fluke)

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092453#Comment_3092453

    They will, there is really no reason to trust you when DC penalty IS working in pretty much any circumstance.

    Not really, when I saved survivors who were trying to suicide they just went afk, that's probably what most would do

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Maybe a harsher penalty for DCing or suiciding on the first hook?

    How will the game know you DC on purpose or if you are just trying to escape the hook yourself when all your teammates are down? Imagine getting a harsher penalty for not doing anything "bad"?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097688#Comment_3097688

    I was testing split VPN/tunneling. I'm on the east coast of the US. I stream at 4pm EST. People arnt out of work and what not typically. The que times are brutal to start stream. While I can ramble about stuff for minutes. It's still tough. I'm a smaller streamer. So it can be tough without a lot of people to interact with at times. So I was testing it out. To try and see if ques are better to start out(will be trying today) Here's to hoping. People didn't seem anymore competitive though, no

    Yes, obviously. Humans are all more or less the same everywhere and the EU and US populations are largely "identical".

    After writing the previous reply, I thought that looking some streamers would easily show how try-hard players can be on both sides of the ocean.

  • @LDominating said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853717#Comment_2853717

    No,friend,you might be from NA servers.

    Here in European servers,if you go against a Russian Nurse,you'll start tearing your Tru3 posters and become an "entitled" survivor main.

    It's sad DBD developers only listen to NA people,because they are Canadians ofc,and this leaves the game in an unbalanced state.

    You simply cannot compare the NA killers with EU killers,it's like a kitten vs a white shark..

    I actually lasted a while against my last Russian nurse. I was rewarded with a two minute battering on the hook and a wall of Cyrillic text in the postgame chat which I'm sure translated to "gg wp, I wish you good luck for your next game as well as health and happiness in general"

  • If they're going to nerf anything, nerf her range addons. I see Nurses with these every time I get them and it makes her so much harder to play against. I versed a Nurse a couple nights ago that was actually running different addons and it was a much more enjoyable and still very close match. It'd hardly be crippling her to nerf them.

  • As a biased nurse main who has been thousands of hours to her since the day of her release pleeeeease just remove the addons and she will be balanced lmao she does not need a rework

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855011#Comment_2855011

    What about good Billys? Are they suddenly also busted?

    The argument that good nurses are busted isn´t really a valid statement for me. Simply because the amount of good nurses is so incredible small.

    Her kill rate is already the lowest one and i firmly believe that it would be even lower, if some survivors didn´t instantly disconnect/suicide when they face her. Instead of learning how to play against her.

    I had a dog and his name was called BINGO

    But yeah I agree, I mean it sucks seeing any killer so often but I wouldn't say nurse is broken, just takes a good survivor like it takes a good killer to play her

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    If they're going to nerf anything, nerf her range addons. I see Nurses with these every time I get them and it makes her so much harder to play against. I versed a Nurse a couple nights ago that was actually running different addons and it was a much more enjoyable and still very close match. It'd hardly be crippling her to nerf them.

    If the nurse uses her two range addons, indeed she'll get 10 meters of range, but her cooldown is consequently at its slowest, which will penalize her slightly, especially if she failed to hit the survivor with her second tp. It is up to the survivor to use this cooldown not to put some distance between them, but to get to a place where it will be easy to break the nurse's LOS.

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098153#Comment_3098153

    If the nurse uses her two range addons, indeed she'll get 10 meters of range, but her cooldown is consequently at its slowest, which will penalize her slightly, especially if she failed to hit the survivor with her second tp. It is up to the survivor to use this cooldown not to put some distance between them, but to get to a place where it will be easy to break the nurse's LOS.

    So if you're not able to make any distance during the cooldown, how are you going to be able to break LOS? I don't follow. Also typically the Nurses I see will run the purple range addon with the best recharge addon to compensate for the cooldown. This is not to mention that the range addons make her travel speed faster than before even though this is not mentioned at all as an effect in the addon's description. The devs acknowledged this and apparently it's intended. This pseudo 'buff' should be removed.

    But then again, I suck with Nurse hard. So maybe you can give me some insight.

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097526#Comment_3097526

    True EU players lot more competitive compared to US players

    In both regions it depends on the time of day. US servers get super sweaty in the area of like 2am, and I've seen and heard a lot that EU West tends to be at its sweatiest earlier in the daytime.

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098215#Comment_3098215

    So if you're not able to make any distance during the cooldown, how are you going to be able to break LOS? I don't follow. Also typically the Nurses I see will run the purple range addon with the best recharge addon to compensate for the cooldown. This is not to mention that the range addons make her travel speed faster than before even though this is not mentioned at all as an effect in the addon's description. The devs acknowledged this and apparently it's intended. This pseudo 'buff' should be removed.

    But then again, I suck with Nurse hard. So maybe you can give me some insight.

    I must not have expressed myself well. What I meant to say was that during the cooldown of her two tp tokens, the survivor can look for a place where he can, if he hasn't already, break the nurse's LOS.

    I agree that this is situational, depending on the map.

  • I stand by my opinion that Nurses are bad just as often as they are great.

    That said, against a really, really, good Nurse...imo OhTofu sums it up best when he says the best you can do is pick a direction to die in.

    Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to meaningfully rework/balance her without remaking her into a different killer altogether, because her core power mechanics are the issue.

    It's the same reason Legion will always be some flavor of bad unless they fundamentally overhaul their power.

1 2 3 ›