Remove hook vacuum NOW
Teleporting 5m to hook is fairly balanced also it ignores survivor collusion
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Uh huh.

The only time I have an issue with the hook vacuum is when my wiggle bar was just about full and I don't get off because of it. But other than that, it's not too big a deal.
You teleport because you're playing Nurse - that's her power.
In exchange for multi-directional hooks?
Sure.
I'm assuming that you understand that you are "hooked" prior to the animation playing, though.
Yes, but survivors want to keep their easy bodyblocks that they can perform without skill or map knowledge.
It is what it is
The hook animation isnt a teleport.
Thank you for this post.
This x1000.
Apparently it's 100% A-OK to body block the hook x3 man at the end of the match, but standing on the stairs to nail a survivor trying to escape the basement is BODY BLOCKING! BANNABLE! REPORTING!?!?!.
The cognitive dissonance with survivors grows stronger with each passing day. The volume of twitch survivor mains who endorse this behavior compared to the complete lack of twitch killer mains gives the uneducated derelict newbie the impression that this is par for the course.
"Hook vacuum" is a survivor made up myth.
If you stand on the steps to where they cant leave and refuse to down and hook them, you are holding the game hostage as they have no options other than dc or bow to your will.
Then bow, minion.
Also, cool? Get reported in game idgaf.
hook vacuum isn't real
The "vacuum" has been easily explained away. The other "possible" issue would be: (how far away does the prompt for hooking appear?)
If that's not what they are concerned with...then....I don't think they can be helped.
That's exactly what we have right now.
Nope, the "vacuum" is just the animation brought in line. Nothing more.
No real range in it. If you experience anything else, it is lag/latency issues.
That's why no wiggling is allowed afterwards.
I'd be all for removing it in exchange for multi-directional hooks.
This, however, would be a HUGE nerf to survivors.
They didn't listen when the same thing was said of removing the aim-assist, do you really think they'll listen now? They're too arrogant to consider that other people - the people who've experienced it from both sides - might actually know better, and too prone to projection to believe that you're being honest and actually trying to help them.
Here's the definition of "Reading Comprehension:"
Reading Comprehension is the ability to process text, understand its meaning, and to integrate with what the reader already knows.
no killer has aim assist in this game.
All Killers had aim assist at release, then it was removed from all Killers except the Nurse, and finally it was removed from the Nurse. Survivors mistakenly attributed hits to said aim assist, when it actually caused more misses than hits. Killers warned Survivors that removing aim assist would not benefit them and would, in fact, be a buff to Killers. They didn't listen.
It's there for sure. I dont think it should be removed but I play a lot of killer rn so I shouldn't be trusted tbh with nerfs to killers since im slightly biased. If I look at it in the POV of someone who isn't biased at all then I couldn't care less about it.
"Hook vacuum" is just an animation getting brought in line, no gameadvantage at all.
Survivor just look for something to attack, to get another unnecessary nerf.
When'd they remove it? If it was before December 2017 then I was a noob back then and a massive Ochido fanboy. It's funny how I've changed as a player lol.
There never has been a real aim assist.
Hitdetection is still wonky at best.
So many swings that should have been hits, either go past the survivor or get stuck on obstacles.