Sadako is Another Weak Killer

For instance after several time playing her. She is so weak and her portal easily destroyed by survivor when they already know about their power. She is so short , you will be overwhelmed when looping and hooking survivor to find the hook. You must bring strong perk to counter survivor.

Comments

  • Do you play her recently. It will be fun gaming when you play as her 1-5 times. But above that, it becoming more unfun and the survivor you meet more powerful and easily adapt and knowing Onryo better. Condemned not really helpful even survivor not retrieve and taking the VHS.. lol

  • I like using this new killer. Loving the choke animation :)

  • @playhard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843166#Comment_2843166

    Do you play her recently. It will be fun gaming when you play as her 1-5 times. But above that, it becoming more unfun and the survivor you meet more powerful and easily adapt and knowing Onryo better. Condemned not really helpful even survivor not retrieve and taking the VHS.. lol

    Or maybe you played against bad survivors 1-5 times. So you thought you are good with her. But then you played against good survivors and you thought killer is weak? But maybe you were not good with her at all?

  • Elaborate?

    Specifically - what does she bring to the table that other analogous killers (Demo, Wraith) don't bring better?

    Do you have a link to a video/VOD? I'd be curious to check it out too, because I've been watching Otz, Dowsey and co. play her and while they win - it's more about them just being really, really good at the game than anything special in her kit. She mostly seems to play as a bog-standard M1 killer with a janky, RNG teleport.

    @playhard said:

    For instance after several time playing her. She is so weak and her portal easily destroyed by survivor when they already know about their power. She is so short , you will be overwhelmed when looping and hooking survivor to find the hook. You must bring strong perk to counter survivor.

    I concur.

    She isn't the worst killer in the game, but she's mid-low 'C' tier at best. And we should be getting killers out of 'C' tier - not adding more weaker killers. Especially one as iconic as Sadako.

  • So far the strongest version I've found is aura perks and teleporting ALOT using the add-ons to reduce TV down time and after teleport movement speed. This really is the only way to get survivors condemned, and even then it very rarely happens and I would never count on it.


    If you do not have Tier 3 BBQ and Tinkers it can be rough

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843191#Comment_2843191

    Just looked. For some reason. No VODS except up to Sunday. Even though I was live Mon-Tues. I'll be live today though.

    As far as her kit and watching otz and doswey..That's with every killer though, no ? The kit only takes you so far. SOME skill comes in to play.

    As far as elaborating. What she brings to the table IS her teleport. Demos teleports are way way worse. They take longer depending on distance. They're announced and survivors are way gone when you come out. And while sadakos are announced. Her teleports are fast. You have less time to run...She gets a speed boost out of the TV to further limit you holding W early. She can teleport from anywhere. While you need to make a portal with demo or walk to one. She can be anywhere on the map in an instant. Unlike wraith and demo. What she brings is map wise presence. Wraith still has to take 15-20ish seconds if you want to be somewhere on a map. Having to walk there. Sadako is there in an instant. Gets in to chases instantly. She cuts out a LOT of holding W. Which leaves time for her at loops. Since she IS an m1 killer.

    • Cool. Let me know when you are live and playing her, I'd be happy to watch.
    • Yes, that's with every killer. You can win on any killer. People have won on 'no shooting' Deathslinger and did 50 win streaks on pre-rework Trapper and Clown. The issue isn't 'is it possible to win?'. It's always...possible to win.
    • As someone who plays a lot of Demo and Wraith, I'll disagree strongly here. Let's contrast the three:
    • = Demo can choose where to site his portals. The cooldown on teleporting is really low. He gets actual undetectable status when he emerges, which can be extended to a massive degree with addons. He doesn't have a lullaby. The only drawback is a short emergence timer, disguised as a travel time and the need to get to a portal to teleport to another. It's telegraphed, but not obviously so unless survivors have line of sight on the portal - which you can deny by siting it correctly. He can even use his portals as sonar. Added to this, he has a very powerful gap closer with no cooldown.
    • = Onryo cannot choose where the TVs are, and they are dependent on RNG; they can be in completely useless places - such as the corners of the map on Swamp, facing the wall - or the floor above a gen on RPD. It's very clearly telegraphed and her emergence timer isn't that far off Demos, factoring in the 'I cannot see anything' portion. She emerges completely visible and can be unavoidably blinded while doing so. The only advantage she has is a petty speed boost, the mostly negligible Condemn mechanic and the ability to teleport from anywhere. Contrasted to Demo's shred, she has passive phasing. I'd say Demo takes the unambiguous lead here.
    • = Wraith has extreme speed. I think 15-20 seconds is exaggerating, but may be the case if you are going from one corner of Eyrie to the furthest corner (an atypical, fringe situation). His stealth is infinitely superior (why does Onryo need a lullaby?) and has a nifty gap closer that almost always guarantees him the first hit, and can even be used as an anti-loop tool in many situations. Best of all, he can bodyblock! I'd say Wraith takes the lead again, but not as significantly as Demo.
    • Sadako can get into chases fairly easily, but savvy survivors will just hoof it to the nearest safe tile - where she doesn't have many options. Due to her lullaby, she doesn't even get an easy engage. You could always try to teleport, but this assumes that you've got a TV located in the right position and facing the right direction (not at all a guarantee). And the cooldown on the TVs is punishing.
  • You just need to take spine chill, VHS tapes from the TVs and do gens and she becomes a M1 killer.

    Once the gen by your TV is done, put the tape into the TV and you will be fine.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843172#Comment_2843172

    I played her a lot of Tuesday. 4kd every time. You're welcome to come watch as well.

    I'm not saying she's a top 3. Because she's not. But her teleporting is strong and makes her very good.

    I agree I think she's at least high B tier maybe even A , her power can really confuse survivors and employing a hit and go strategy with her creates a ton of pressure, the manifest can help alot at certain loops as well and make it hard to predict exactly what she's doing, I've been having a pretty good time with her so far

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843183#Comment_2843183

    I agree I think she's at least high B tier maybe even A , her power can really confuse survivors and employing a hit and go strategy with her creates a ton of pressure, the manifest can help alot at certain loops as well and make it hard to predict exactly what she's doing, I've been having a pretty good time with her so far

    ...How?

    Let's contrast her with other 'B' tier killers, probably most analogously Demogorgon. He has superior stealth, a gap closer, a much more reliable traversal tool and is overall a lot less prone to RNG.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843276#Comment_2843276

    Nice, nice. I have a few people from forums that regularly come over. So that's cool. I go live at 4pm EST most days. It's TTV/coty_baker. I'll be playing her a few different times today for sure.

    I find with demo...The shorter portals arnt a problem of course. But at that point. If it's that close...Why even port when you can walk there. The biggest issue to me. Is when he has to travel great lengths that sadako is far superior. Say cross map to cross map because you see them on gens.

    Wraith is only superior in stealth IMO because of the lullaby. But the uncloaking is a wash IMO. Wrath losses distance first. While sadakos movement while manifesting isn't terrible at all. And again yes I mean when I say 15-20 seconds to walk somewhere. I mean if you see someone on bbq and decide you want to protect that gen on the other side of the map. Sadako can be there instantly. Wraith cannot.

    Hmm. When I play Demo, I'll set down portals preemptively on larger maps, generally on my initial routing or when I've hooked someone. It's seldom an issue for me to get to one side of the map from the other (which is why I've called Sadako a bad version of Demo). He can also get gen tracking, automatic KI or even aura tracking via addons - allowing him to use them very effectively.

    Wraith doesn't exactly lose distance - he slows, then gets a burst of speed (if I'm correct, it ends up being roughly the same distance wise) but that's only a factor in 'holding W' situations. Where it shines is at loops, because you can use that burst of speed to overwhelm or confuse the other player.

    Wraith indeed can't be there instantly, but he can be there reliably. You see someone with BBQ on the other side of RPD. With Wraith, I know I can probably get there in time, and will almost always be able to get a hit before they can respond. With Sadako, maybe I can teleport there - but oh no, this time the closest TV is on the floor below, meaning that it's actually going to take me longer to get there than if I sprinted over with Wraith. And it goes on cooldown.

  • i tried her out yesterday with two games. First game? Adept. Second game? I got my ass handed to me. 1k. She’s fun though. I hope she stays fun.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843285#Comment_2843285

    ...How?

    Let's contrast her with other 'B' tier killers, probably most analogously Demogorgon. He has superior stealth, a gap closer, a much more reliable traversal tool and is overall a lot less prone to RNG.

    "Superior stealth"

    No. Absolutely not. The hulking monstrosity that clomp clomps louder than Oni and gives constant map-wide notifications on everything he's doing whenever he's doing it does not have better stealth than the killer so small it's hard to see her in most tiles and who does not go CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP ROAR

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843172#Comment_2843172

    Or maybe you played against bad survivors 1-5 times. So you thought you are good with her. But then you played against good survivors and you thought killer is weak? But maybe you were not good with her at all?

    This game is not a rocket science, being "bad" at literal M1 stealth killer like her is not possible.

  • @playhard said:

    For instance after several time playing her. She is so weak and her portal easily destroyed by survivor when they already know about their power. She is so short , you will be overwhelmed when looping and hooking survivor to find the hook. You must bring strong perk to counter survivor.

    she's weak cuz of one thing, hit-and-run is dead she is clearly designed for that play style, COH is the biggest middle finger to sadako

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843188#Comment_2843188

    This game is not a rocket science, being "bad" at literal M1 stealth killer like her is not possible.

    Shockingly it is. A lot of players really don't know how to mindgame, the proper route to run tiles (so many run L t walls on the outside and give the survivor 3 fast vaults ???), moonwalking, etc.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843385#Comment_2843385

    I've yet to experience TV's not being where I need them. It probably helps I'm fond of her iri add on.

    I'll have to try that with demo more, maybe. It's just not my playstyle to set up like that. I like being aggressive and getting the chases going. Instead of spending maybe a minute setting up for something that may be helpful later. I normally set one wherever I spawn. Then wherever I get hooks. Typically

    I've experienced the RNG on TVs not being in my favor and I've experienced multiple times looking around the map and seeing all but two tvs just being turned off either because I burned them in a chase or survivors started yeeting tapes out of them. I get some of her strength shines when you have add-ons but if you don't have add-ons and have to deal with large wide open maps on top of RNG you can't influence there is little way I can see saying she's high tier or very strong

    Simply put, other killers do what she does on a smaller scale with better results and less hindrances. It's she the absolute worst? No. Is she good? Also no, imo. Is she fun? Yeah, she can be. Does her level of fun outweigh her issues? I would say no. Her map presence can be quite threatening, but using that map presence hurts as much as it helps. Her moment to moment gameplay in a chase is feels like you're playing catch up rather than engaging in interesting mind games. To me she has the exact opposite problem of Trickster, he was built so pure in the 1v1 that he sucks at managing teams without relying on cheesy tactics. Sadako was built so purely focused on the 4v1 that her map presence vast outstrips her 1v1 ability with the added issue of whether or not RNG is in your favor.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843408#Comment_2843408

    Shockingly it is. A lot of players really don't know how to mindgame, the proper route to run tiles (so many run L t walls on the outside and give the survivor 3 fast vaults ???), moonwalking, etc.

    Wait, what? So how do you play those annoying loops as m1? I mean besides just leaving. Is there like a secret guide to how play every loop as killer or something?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843324#Comment_2843324

    "Superior stealth"

    No. Absolutely not. The hulking monstrosity that clomp clomps louder than Oni and gives constant map-wide notifications on everything he's doing whenever he's doing it does not have better stealth than the killer so small it's hard to see her in most tiles and who does not go CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP ROAR

    I used to think that Demo had this problem, because they are crazy loud from his POV.

    After playing against him a few times, it's actually not that observable from the survivor side - let alone 24m away - particularly when you site the portal behind a wall (occlusion really helps). Add in one of his addons to increase undetectable+make portal emergence silent and either aura reading or gen reading and I still get at least one straight up gen grab a game.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843446#Comment_2843446

    Wait, what? So how do you play those annoying loops as m1? I mean besides just leaving. Is there like a secret guide to how play every loop as killer or something?

    You can generaly wait at certain spots on those tiles to confuse survivors or run them normally while moonwalking, but never run them in the direction that gives the survivor a fast vault, that being said any good survivors will be practically inmune to those mindgames or if somehow they are good but manage to screw up they got "E", thats mostly for distance if they use "E" to dodge thats not a good use.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843446#Comment_2843446

    Wait, what? So how do you play those annoying loops as m1? I mean besides just leaving. Is there like a secret guide to how play every loop as killer or something?

    https://youtu.be/t8u0jRxN2kQ

    //

  • I personally thing her condemned bar takes too long to fill up and too easy to get rid of. Otherwise she has good map pressure.