Played around 10 games of onryo

Im enjoyiny her astetically a lot but i just get predropping holding forward with dead hard when i try to mind game them,and at least 1 COH. I think its personally a result of my mmr being to high on other killers. (Because you have a overall killer mmr). She struggles pretty much with what everyone m1 killer suffers with. Personally i just wish my mmr wasn't a borefest. I hope everyone else is having more fun with her though. I also agree with the sentiment she would probably be far better if COH wasn't a thing currently. Any tips would be also appreciated though as well I'll keep playin her to try to get better though.

Comments

  • I heard she's pretty underwhelming tbh.

    What's up with BHVR and underwhelming killers?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Im enjoyiny her astetically a lot but i just get predropping holding forward with dead hard when i try to mind game them,and at least 1 COH. I think its personally a result of my mmr being to high on other killers. (Because you have a overall killer mmr). She struggles pretty much with what everyone m1 killer suffers with. Personally i just wish my mmr wasn't a borefest. I hope everyone else is having more fun with her though. I also agree with the sentiment she would probably be far better if COH wasn't a thing currently. Any tips would be also appreciated though as well I'll keep playin her to try to get better though.

    What best advice I could give is run hex perks, including Thrill, if you want to give survivors he'll and waste their time.

    I try my best to play while ignoring it, going for hit and run and forcing them off gens, trying to force condemned and wasting their time, to differing effect. All told, I'm seeing alot of boon trolling going on, I just stick to gens with call of brine and pop, and it seems to be doing decent damage. No idea if she'll be strong in the long run tho, especially unless COH gets another nerf.

  • Circle of Healing makes almost the entire roster underwhelming. How this perk continues to exist in its current form is beyond me. It's destroying the game

  • Very underwhelming Killer. Sucks to say..

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    I heard she's pretty underwhelming tbh.

    What's up with BHVR and underwhelming killers?

    Survivors prefer it.

  • BHVR hate sadako.

    6772703-giphy.gif


  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    I heard she's pretty underwhelming tbh.

    What's up with BHVR and underwhelming killers?

    I'd guess because of the 100 Killer mains crying about her being crap is better than 10,000 survivor mains crying she is op.

  • BnIxGV.gif

    An m1 killer kit straight out of 2017 dbd released in 2022. She's still fun with how mobile she can be.. but I mean, I thought the same thing about legion.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840191#Comment_2840191

    I'd guess because of the 100 Killer mains crying about her being crap is better than 10,000 survivor mains crying she is op.

    I doubt that's the intention of BHVR, but in reality, I think they're just running out of ideas. Or, either they have good ideas but don't know how to implement them appropriately without creating a balancing havoc.


    But I must say, I think trying to make a killer that solely relied on a now obsolete VHS tape as killer seemed pretty difficult to start with. Weird choice if you think about it.

  • I'm ngl she feels really fun to play + to face from my experience so far. COH neuters her, but it does that to the majority of the roster so what did we really expect, but being able to teleport around the map + just exist as the best stealth killer in all of dbd is so much fun to play + to face.

    once they delete coh (so in 14 years) i feel like she'll overtake blight in most fun to play + to face to majority of players unless some wacky exploit gets found .

  • The "fun" I'm experiencing right now is a novelty, survivors letting themselves get stacked up with Condemned just to see the mori in game, when facing people who actually play serious it's like I'm playing freddy without snares / pallets / dreamworld. In other words, a basic M1 killer with little to help in chase. I started running some Enduring / Spirit Fury, basically DH for killers, and it's made it somewhat more bearable, though I think I'm just going to go back to killers that can actually compete in the current meta.

  • @ObservantOfTime said:

    The "fun" I'm experiencing right now is a novelty, survivors letting themselves get stacked up with Condemned just to see the mori in game, when facing people who actually play serious it's like I'm playing freddy without snares / pallets / dreamworld. In other words, a basic M1 killer with little to help in chase. I started running some Enduring / Spirit Fury, basically DH for killers, and it's made it somewhat more bearable, though I think I'm just going to go back to killers that can actually compete in the current meta.

    It doesn't say difficulty "hard" for no reason. I don't think she's bad at all, just requires alot of game knowledge to play effectively.

    She seems pretty strong with her add-ons. With the right ones she is basically an M1 killer without a red stain half the time in chase, which is really annoying at a ton of loops where you can't see her over.

    Her perks seemed really good for her too. Call of brine deleting gens while you teleport across the map into new chases and floods of rage providing tons of jump scares.

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840425#Comment_2840425

    It doesn't say difficulty "hard" for no reason. I don't think she's bad at all, just requires alot of game knowledge to play effectively.

    She seems pretty strong with her add-ons. With the right ones she is basically an M1 killer without a red stain half the time in chase, which is really annoying at a ton of loops where you can't see her over.

    Her perks seemed really good for her too. Call of brine deleting gens while you teleport across the map into new chases and floods of rage providing tons of jump scares.

    But then survivors would learn how to deal with her too, are you sure she can overcome that.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    I heard she's pretty underwhelming tbh.

    What's up with BHVR and underwhelming killers?

    Because the devs are catering their balance towards lower skill casual survivors.

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840425#Comment_2840425

    It doesn't say difficulty "hard" for no reason. I don't think she's bad at all, just requires alot of game knowledge to play effectively.

    She seems pretty strong with her add-ons. With the right ones she is basically an M1 killer without a red stain half the time in chase, which is really annoying at a ton of loops where you can't see her over.

    Her perks seemed really good for her too. Call of brine deleting gens while you teleport across the map into new chases and floods of rage providing tons of jump scares.

    Sure, her perks are great. The only reason I bought her tbh. I'm not sure how much game knowledge helps when survivors just pre-drop every pallet and keep holding forward though. Sure, maybe there's a random, convenient TV to teleport to, if I get lucky. I'm also not sure what these good add-ons are you're referring to, maybe I'm just not seeing the potential. TV's turning on 6 seconds faster? Great, only 94 instead of 100 seconds! Blindness status? Please. The Ring Drawing has potential, but requires survivors to heal each other, something happening less frequently now that survivors have infinite AOE medkits. What are these add-ons that make her strong?

    To me, she plays like Pig without ambush and RBT's. Pig can crouch to stealth, but doesn't require a manifestation period afterwards. Sure, she's not invisible, so I guess it's not entirely similar.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    I heard she's pretty underwhelming tbh.

    What's up with BHVR and underwhelming killers?

    Artist: "Am I a joke to you?"

  • I've played only a handful of matches with her so far, but I'd wager I've made at least 3-4 people legit poop their pants.

    Basekit she seems average, but with the right combination of her add-ons and perks I have yet to unlock, I can see her being really, really fun.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840428#Comment_2840428

    But then survivors would learn how to deal with her too, are you sure she can overcome that.

    She's M1 so she's not going to be winning any tournaments. Is she fine for 99% of solo Q teams? Yes.

    @ObservantOfTime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840428#Comment_2840428

    Sure, her perks are great. The only reason I bought her tbh. I'm not sure how much game knowledge helps when survivors just pre-drop every pallet and keep holding forward though. Sure, maybe there's a random, convenient TV to teleport to, if I get lucky. I'm also not sure what these good add-ons are you're referring to, maybe I'm just not seeing the potential. TV's turning on 6 seconds faster? Great, only 94 instead of 100 seconds! Blindness status? Please. The Ring Drawing has potential, but requires survivors to heal each other, something happening less frequently now that survivors have infinite AOE medkits. What are these add-ons that make her strong?

    To me, she plays like Pig without ambush and RBT's. Pig can crouch to stealth, but doesn't require a manifestation period afterwards. Sure, she's not invisible, so I guess it's not entirely similar.

    Have you played Wraith before? It's basically the same thing. At any point you are able to walk up to a gen from behind a LOS blocker and get a free hit to start a chase. Nothing says you need to commit to that chase; when you have mobility like she does. Nothing says you need to go straight from the TV dash into a hit. It's perfectly viable to get "close enough" to where the gens are from a TV and then just walk up undetectable.

    M1 killer knowledge will let you know what chases you should even be taking. That's a huge amount of knowledge required. How good are you, how good is the survivor you are chasing, what tiles do they have nearby, what else could you be doing in the meantime, etc etc. M1 killers cannot, and should not, take every chase. And Onryo has the mobility she doesn't need to commit to anything.

    And im talking the addon that makes her phase post-manifestation go an extra 2 seconds. You can basically use it at any loop and it helps quite a bit. ~6 seconds of no red stain? That's alot.

    I plan on running at least 1-2 chase perks on her when I get them. I already brutal strength and it's great.

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840438#Comment_2840438

    She's M1 so she's not going to be winning any tournaments. Is she fine for 99% of solo Q teams? Yes.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840457#Comment_2840457

    Have you played Wraith before? It's basically the same thing. At any point you are able to walk up to a gen from behind a LOS blocker and get a free hit to start a chase. Nothing says you need to commit to that chase; when you have mobility like she does. Nothing says you need to go straight from the TV dash into a hit. It's perfectly viable to get "close enough" to where the gens are from a TV and then just walk up undetectable.

    M1 killer knowledge will let you know what chases you should even be taking. That's a huge amount of knowledge required. How good are you, how good is the survivor you are chasing, what tiles do they have nearby, what else could you be doing in the meantime, etc etc. M1 killers cannot, and should not, take every chase. And Onryo has the mobility she doesn't need to commit to anything.

    And im talking the addon that makes her phase post-manifestation go an extra 2 seconds. You can basically use it at any loop and it helps quite a bit. ~6 seconds of no red stain? That's alot.

    I plan on running at least 1-2 chase perks on her when I get them. I already brutal strength and it's great.

    99% of solo qs, which is like 49% of survivor populations.

    Mmm.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Im enjoyiny her astetically a lot but i just get predropping holding forward with dead hard when i try to mind game them,and at least 1 COH. I think its personally a result of my mmr being to high on other killers. (Because you have a overall killer mmr). She struggles pretty much with what everyone m1 killer suffers with. Personally i just wish my mmr wasn't a borefest. I hope everyone else is having more fun with her though. I also agree with the sentiment she would probably be far better if COH wasn't a thing currently. Any tips would be also appreciated though as well I'll keep playin her to try to get better though.

    She's...odd.

    At first glance, she feels on the weak side of things. Her traversal tool has a ridiculous cooldown, Condemn is...iffy and her stealth is mediocre at best.

    However, I'm reserving judgement for now until the good players get to grips with her. People declared Artist to be the most OP thing ever - and she was decent at best. People declared Cenobite to be absolute rubbish, and he still got nerfed due to him being a wood-chipper against newer players.

  • I have about 10 games with her between today and PTB. She's definitely a bit on the weaker side, but can be fine with some tweaks.

    One thing that really hurts her is that the chase music starts when she's demanifested. I don't know if that's intended or not but it really kills the stealth aspect at times.

    She has a massive drop off in chase potential at a certain level of survivor. It's steep. The passive phasing/invisibility in chase lands hits on a decent amount of players, but it does absolutely nothing against super experienced players who wait at safe corners and don't panic. I understand the desire to differentiate her from Wraith in this regard, but she needs something here.

    The speed curve on demanifest is fine, but I think she could maybe use the reverse of that on manifesting. Not a full on cannon shot like Wraith, but a bit of a speed burst to give her a little chase potential.

    Lastly, even after the Condemned change, I have yet to see a survivor become fully Condemned in 10 games, let alone use the mori. They have to genuinely not be paying any attention for it to happen. I don't think she should be this bad in chase and also have the Condemned feel this tacked on. Either have the Condemned be a constant threat with poor chase ability or give her a little more chase and leave Condemned as is.

  • I've played with her 8-10 times and my impression is: she is in the "noob stomper troupe tier" along with Wraith, Pig and Freddy. Easily destroy noob or bad survivors and she's useless against decent survivors.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840381#Comment_2840381

    I doubt that's the intention of BHVR, but in reality, I think they're just running out of ideas. Or, either they have good ideas but don't know how to implement them appropriately without creating a balancing havoc.

    But I must say, I think trying to make a killer that solely relied on a now obsolete VHS tape as killer seemed pretty difficult to start with. Weird choice if you think about it.

    Just make condemned an actual threat and require survivors to actively monitor it throughout the match. This gives her some actual 4v1 and stall time.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840191#Comment_2840191

    Because the devs are catering their balance towards lower skill casual survivors.

    Which they should, because theres without a doubt way more casual lower skill survivors than elite ones. Why do you have a problem with this? Video games aren't a job and most people don't want to devote endless hours of focus and practice to get better at something that is supposed to be entertainment and a distraction from the real world.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840445#Comment_2840445

    Which they should, because theres without a doubt way more casual lower skill survivors than elite ones. Why do you have a problem with this? Video games aren't a job and most people don't want to devote endless hours of focus and practice to get better at something that is supposed to be entertainment and a distraction from the real world.

    You can't just ignore high skill play completely unless you want the game to burn out players because there's no reason to actually get good at the game if it's unbalanced at the top.


    Just because you don't want to improve doesn't mean no one does.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I'm ngl she feels really fun to play + to face from my experience so far. COH neuters her, but it does that to the majority of the roster so what did we really expect, but being able to teleport around the map + just exist as the best stealth killer in all of dbd is so much fun to play + to face.

    once they delete coh (so in 14 years) i feel like she'll overtake blight in most fun to play + to face to majority of players unless some wacky exploit gets found .

    How is she the best stealth killer with a lullaby?


    I prefer to play Ghostface if I genuinely want to be stealthy. I guess maybe you can throw someone off if a tv is placed well by a gen?

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840902#Comment_2840902

    You can't just ignore high skill play completely unless you want the game to burn out players because there's no reason to actually get good at the game if it's unbalanced at the top.

    Just because you don't want to improve doesn't mean no one does.

    Everyone improves to an extent just by playing. My issue is the game should not be a constant skill improvement to enjoy it. Everyone should not be forced to play like the few who can run killers for days with ease. Its unreasonable. I never said I don't want to improve. I said I don't want a video game to turn into a job just to be better at it. You can't expect everyone to improve to the skill level of elite players. Its just not going to happen.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840445#Comment_2840445

    Which they should, because theres without a doubt way more casual lower skill survivors than elite ones. Why do you have a problem with this? Video games aren't a job and most people don't want to devote endless hours of focus and practice to get better at something that is supposed to be entertainment and a distraction from the real world.

    That's what mmr is for. Low tier survivors get low tier killers while people that are sentient get good killers. All they are doing by balancing for the rocks is creating a revolving door that will kill the game. Why bother playing when your mmr gets raised to the point that you can't do anything as killer because x mechanic is balanced for someone that doesn't know what m1 is?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840411#Comment_2840411

    How is she the best stealth killer with a lullaby?

    I prefer to play Ghostface if I genuinely want to be stealthy. I guess maybe you can throw someone off if a tv is placed well by a gen?

    The lullaby does literally nothing to make her stealth worse at all. Especially now it's 24m.

  • Nope. Same experience than you. I've given up on her already.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840978#Comment_2840978

    The lullaby does literally nothing to make her stealth worse at all. Especially now it's 24m.

    Does it not literally tell them you are nearby? Like, if they are on a gen, and then lullaby kicks in, and then it gets louder, they are going to Usain Bolt, fam.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841009#Comment_2841009

    Does it not literally tell them you are nearby? Like, if they are on a gen, and then lullaby kicks in, and then it gets louder, they are going to Usain Bolt, fam.

    The lullaby is a bit like current Huntress' or Freddy's in that it's completely non-directional and remains a constant volume no matter how close you are. It tells the survivors you are ~5 seconds away but that's it, they must then within the 5 seconds decide on a direction to run that isn't directly into you, or find a loop nearby.

    Unlike Huntress and Freddy though, her TR and lullaby are a lot smaller and she can cover a lot more ground. Also unlike those 2, she is very difficult to see in the first place so without Premonition, good luck.

    Finally, her lullaby is a bit like Slinger's old TR in that it's very very quiet. It's incredibly easy to miss it if a gen is at like 50% or more.

    She had the lullaby on the PTB too and everyone was praising her stealth. It really doesn't make her any worse.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841012#Comment_2841012

    The lullaby is a bit like current Huntress' or Freddy's in that it's completely non-directional and remains a constant volume no matter how close you are. It tells the survivors you are ~5 seconds away but that's it, they must then within the 5 seconds decide on a direction to run that isn't directly into you, or find a loop nearby.

    Unlike Huntress and Freddy though, her TR and lullaby are a lot smaller and she can cover a lot more ground. Also unlike those 2, she is very difficult to see in the first place so without Premonition, good luck.

    Finally, her lullaby is a bit like Slinger's old TR in that it's very very quiet. It's incredibly easy to miss it if a gen is at like 50% or more.

    She had the lullaby on the PTB too and everyone was praising her stealth. It really doesn't make her any worse.

    Oh, nice, thanks for the explanation. I have yet to play against her. I have been REALLY unlucky. That makes me feel a lot better about it.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840969#Comment_2840969

    Everyone improves to an extent just by playing. My issue is the game should not be a constant skill improvement to enjoy it. Everyone should not be forced to play like the few who can run killers for days with ease. Its unreasonable. I never said I don't want to improve. I said I don't want a video game to turn into a job just to be better at it. You can't expect everyone to improve to the skill level of elite players. Its just not going to happen.

    So basically you want an option to play casually with randoms or friends? Can i interest you in Kill your friends?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841014#Comment_2841014

    Oh, nice, thanks for the explanation. I have yet to play against her. I have been REALLY unlucky. That makes me feel a lot better about it.

    Yeah playing against her in terms of stealth feels a lot like playing against old Slinger, if he was half his height and moved .2m/s quicker. By the time your brain even clocks you need to be looking for her those 5s will have been ticking and if she was making a beeline she'll basically be on you.

    I'm ngl I'm very looking forward to unlocking Enduring + Bamboozle on her because honestly they'll probably remove one of the two major gripes I have with her kit.

  • She has the same problems as Wraith, Freddy and all the other M1/ hit&run killers, the current Boon and Dead Hard meta hurts her. Her power is quite fun but i'm not sure yet how good players will play against her, if they turn off TVs and then run around with tapes to get rid of condemned or if they just leave them and don't risk the mori.

    But i guess the possible mori is like death to Pigs traps, it rarely happens but it's there to make you do something else than gens.

  • @ObservantOfTime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840428#Comment_2840428

    Sure, her perks are great. The only reason I bought her tbh. I'm not sure how much game knowledge helps when survivors just pre-drop every pallet and keep holding forward though. Sure, maybe there's a random, convenient TV to teleport to, if I get lucky. I'm also not sure what these good add-ons are you're referring to, maybe I'm just not seeing the potential. TV's turning on 6 seconds faster? Great, only 94 instead of 100 seconds! Blindness status? Please. The Ring Drawing has potential, but requires survivors to heal each other, something happening less frequently now that survivors have infinite AOE medkits. What are these add-ons that make her strong?

    To me, she plays like Pig without ambush and RBT's. Pig can crouch to stealth, but doesn't require a manifestation period afterwards. Sure, she's not invisible, so I guess it's not entirely similar.

    The iri videotape is really strong and bloody fingernails should be basekit. The one that spreads condemned by healing I'd actually pretty good as well I've gotten a few moris from it.