Stop ruining licensed characters bhvr

Why do you do it? Why do you add skins for licensed characters that aren't even in the movie? Look at what you did to ghostface, he has literal ice outfit and am I expected to get excited when I see him? It's dumb. Nemesis with his blighted outfit, why? You ruined his look from RE3. He should've gotten a skin from the older games but not a blighted one. I just really hope Michael Myers doesn't get a blighted skin because I thought dbd was a game where we have these horror icons but you're changing their appearance? Oh I'm going against sadako? Hell yeah, oh wait, what is that new skin she has? THAT'S NOT EVEN SADAKO. All I hope is for people to not buy these outfits because they completely change the characters look and makes a licensed character less worthy. I mean, would you have bought nemesis if his blighted skin was his default?

Comments

  • @Smoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840479#Comment_2840479

    All licenses are canon residents of the fog in terms of dbd lore, however Ring is (i think) the first and only license so far that is canon in dbd while also making dbd part of it's own canon. (That alone makes the chapter all the better in my eyes aswell yes)

    I'm ngl I wanna know how ST fits into the canon of dbd now

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840515#Comment_2840515

    I'm ngl I wanna know how ST fits into the canon of dbd now

    the characters are still there, so technically it would still be canon.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840515#Comment_2840515

    I'm ngl I wanna know how ST fits into the canon of dbd now

    Also i think a more interesting question would be, was the DBD crossover halloween event for For Honor canon to either the DBD lore or the For Honor lore?

  • @Erd69 said:

    Why do you do it? Why do you add skins for licensed characters that aren't even in the movie? Look at what you did to ghostface, he has literal ice outfit and am I expected to get excited when I see him? It's dumb. Nemesis with his blighted outfit, why? You ruined his look from RE3. He should've gotten a skin from the older games but not a blighted one. I just really hope Michael Myers doesn't get a blighted skin because I thought dbd was a game where we have these horror icons but you're changing their appearance? Oh I'm going against sadako? Hell yeah, oh wait, what is that new skin she has? THAT'S NOT EVEN SADAKO. All I hope is for people to not buy these outfits because they completely change the characters look and makes a licensed character less worthy. I mean, would you have bought nemesis if his blighted skin was his default?

    ...I honestly have no idea why this bothers you so much.

    The 'lore accurate' characters are a jumping off point. From there, obviously dependent on copyright and agreements made, the developers get to have a bit of fun playing around with the character. Think of it more like an 'Earth 2' scenario. A graphical fanfic, essentially.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/313130/stop-ruining-licensed-characters-bhvr

    ...I honestly have no idea why this bothers you so much.

    The 'lore accurate' characters are a jumping off point. From there, obviously dependent on copyright and agreements made, the developers get to have a bit of fun playing around with the character. Think of it more like an 'Earth 2' scenario. A graphical fanfic, essentially.

    It's still kinda cool since behavior can even get creative with licensed characters but the ice outfit for ghostface is going way too far, even the blighted one.

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840583#Comment_2840583

    It's still kinda cool since behavior can even get creative with licensed characters but the ice outfit for ghostface is going way too far, even the blighted one.

    But...why?

    This game isn't 'lore accurate'. It takes a bunch of famous killers and a bunch of novel ones and sticks them into a fantasy world. Some get mutated and become 'blighted'. Others change in different ways, as the Entity's realm twists their nature.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841511#Comment_2841511

    But...why?

    This game isn't 'lore accurate'. It takes a bunch of famous killers and a bunch of novel ones and sticks them into a fantasy world. Some get mutated and become 'blighted'. Others change in different ways, as the Entity's realm twists their nature.

    Fun fact, Sadako and Yoichi appearing in the Entity's Realm is actually canon to Ringu lore too.

  • You are allowed to have your opinion. I think they have been pretty respectful of the source material, as the cosmetics fall in line with those specific characters entering the Fog… which is essentially an entirely different realm than where they come from.

    In other words it adds more lore (if anything) to what happens when two worlds collide.

    I personally think it is pretty neat to see. As a Michael main it would not bother me one bit if we got a blighted Mikey. First off the orange melting serum against the white? So cool.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2840112#Comment_2840112

    This is actually true!! In terms of dbd lore, Sadako and Yoichi are canon residents of the Fog, whilst also in terms of canon Ringu lore, Sadako and Yoichi were both taken by the Entity and now continue to exist here. Everything from the Ringu chapter is 100% canon to lore so far and I think that's neat!

    Wait how do you know? Fr?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    You are allowed to have your opinion. I think they have been pretty respectful of the source material, as the cosmetics fall in line with those specific characters entering the Fog… which is essentially an entirely different realm than where they come from.

    In other words it adds more lore (if anything) to what happens when two worlds collide.

    I personally think it is pretty neat to see. As a Michael main it would not bother me one bit if we got a blighted Mikey. First off the orange melting serum against the white? So cool.

    Nah instead of thinking about a blighted skin, it's way better to get rob zombies Michael or Michael from the Halloween kills movie

  • Because of an interview with the official rights holders to Ringu and DBD Creative Director Dave Richards.

  • lmao I would've deleted the thread at this very moment

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841514#Comment_2841514

    Fun fact, Sadako and Yoichi appearing in the Entity's Realm is actually canon to Ringu lore too.

    How so?

    Admittedly it's been a long time since I read the mangas or watched the films but I don't recall anything about a gigantic Lovecraftian spider thing...

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841546#Comment_2841546

    Nah instead of thinking about a blighted skin, it's way better to get rob zombies Michael or Michael from the Halloween kills movie

    To each their own, I personally did not care for the Rob Zombie version of Michael.

    As I said, just because they take small creative liberties does not mean they can’t also do additional canon versions of these characters. Especially when if you really wanna get technical they are in a different realm. Not where we originally saw them.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841574#Comment_2841574

    To each their own, I personally did not care for the Rob Zombie version of Michael.

    As I said, just because they take small creative liberties does not mean they can’t also do additional canon versions of these characters. Especially when if you really wanna get technical they are in a different realm. Not where we originally saw them.

    So what if they're in a different realm?

  • Is Michael only roaming the streets of Haddonfield? No. Like if you think making a creative choice on a cosmetic ruins the character for you. Then you should be complaining about the others things that do not make sense for his particular character.

    You are in the minority on this.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841515#Comment_2841515

    How so?

    Admittedly it's been a long time since I read the mangas or watched the films but I don't recall anything about a gigantic Lovecraftian spider thing...

    In the development process of the Ringu chapter, the Creative Team for DBD and for Ringu got together and the idea was proposed by the Ringu team that continuing the lore for Sadako and Yoichi- the one survivor of Sadako- would be the best way forward due to being unable to secure the likeness of the cast for Reiko and Ryuji.

    Therefore, it is now canon that in their lives Sadako and Yoichi are taken by The Entity. Why do you think they're the only licenced character to have decently long lore? Everything within that lore is now canon to the Ringu universe.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841680#Comment_2841680

    Is Michael only roaming the streets of Haddonfield? No. Like if you think making a creative choice on a cosmetic ruins the character for you. Then you should be complaining about the others things that do not make sense for his particular character.

    You are in the minority on this.

    What doesn't make sense?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841680#Comment_2841680

    Is Michael only roaming the streets of Haddonfield? No. Like if you think making a creative choice on a cosmetic ruins the character for you. Then you should be complaining about the others things that do not make sense for his particular character.

    You are in the minority on this.

    So making an ice outfit like they did for ghostface but now with Michael is okay and won't ruin the character?

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841697#Comment_2841697

    So making an ice outfit like they did for ghostface but now with Michael is okay and won't ruin the character?

    Spoiler: It won’t.

  • It’s gotta be my second favourite skin in the game just a tad behind firework-gas-can Hillbilly.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2841625#Comment_2841625

    In the development process of the Ringu chapter, the Creative Team for DBD and for Ringu got together and the idea was proposed by the Ringu team that continuing the lore for Sadako and Yoichi- the one survivor of Sadako- would be the best way forward due to being unable to secure the likeness of the cast for Reiko and Ryuji.

    Therefore, it is now canon that in their lives Sadako and Yoichi are taken by The Entity. Why do you think they're the only licenced character to have decently long lore? Everything within that lore is now canon to the Ringu universe.

    That makes leon and sadako able to interact with each other, right? Wow holy sh

  • Actually Im opposite. I dont like playing liscenses because they dont tend to have as many skins as the originals. I cant make them my own. :/

  • @Lekitzul said:

    Actually Im opposite. I dont like playing liscenses because they dont tend to have as many skins as the originals. I cant make them my own. :/

    Well licenses don't need much skins. The default outfits are already okay because it's from the movie, TV show or game they come from. Sadako doesn't need any outfits because we all know her with just the white dress and changing it will make her feel different

  • @Erd69 said:

    Why do you do it? Why do you add skins for licensed characters that aren't even in the movie? Look at what you did to ghostface, he has literal ice outfit and am I expected to get excited when I see him? It's dumb. Nemesis with his blighted outfit, why? You ruined his look from RE3. He should've gotten a skin from the older games but not a blighted one. I just really hope Michael Myers doesn't get a blighted skin because I thought dbd was a game where we have these horror icons but you're changing their appearance? Oh I'm going against sadako? Hell yeah, oh wait, what is that new skin she has? THAT'S NOT EVEN SADAKO. All I hope is for people to not buy these outfits because they completely change the characters look and makes a licensed character less worthy. I mean, would you have bought nemesis if his blighted skin was his default?

    youre the type who gets upset when other people put stickers on their own belongings, huh?

  • @HexDaddyissues said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/313130/stop-ruining-licensed-characters-bhvr

    youre the type who gets upset when other people put stickers on their own belongings, huh?

    Comparing stickers to licensed characters? What's the point of having ghostface in the game of he's not gonna look like ghostface? The Elsa's outfit ruins it lmao

  • @PixelBush said:

    It literally IS Sadako. It's her body that Reiko and Ryuji dredged from the well in the first movie. The green colour palette and everything.

    If you're gonna make bold claims like "this isn't X character", at least get it right.

    It doesn't matter because we all know sadako with the white dress. The skeleton outfit just looks weird

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    You are allowed to have your opinion. I think they have been pretty respectful of the source material, as the cosmetics fall in line with those specific characters entering the Fog… which is essentially an entirely different realm than where they come from.

    In other words it adds more lore (if anything) to what happens when two worlds collide.

    I personally think it is pretty neat to see. As a Michael main it would not bother me one bit if we got a blighted Mikey. First off the orange melting serum against the white? So cool.

    They are respectful in the sense that the license holders allow these skins. What I'm saying is that changing a license character into something very different is crazy. Not even licensed, look at clown or trickster, they have outfits that have nothing to do with the character. Nobody understood what I meant, I want licenses to look like in the movies or games and not be changed heavily like the ice ghostface. The sadako outfit, l even if it's from the movie it still kinda ruins it since we all know sadako with just the white dress. Character like Michael don't need much outfits, but other killers that have many more iconic outfits in the movies should have them. I'm literally one of the only players who loves going against any licensed characters because I bet that the majority here really dislike nemesis or both p heads

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843517#Comment_2843517

    Comparing stickers to licensed characters? What's the point of having ghostface in the game of he's not gonna look like ghostface? The Elsa's outfit ruins it lmao

    you know you can let oother people enjoy things?

    you dont see me screaming at everyone that drives a truck just because i dont like them


    how about this: dont like the skins? dont buy em

    there ya go just saved you a whole lot of hassle

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2839394#Comment_2839394

    It doesn't matter because we all know sadako with the white dress. The skeleton outfit just looks weird

    you talk an awful lot for no one else sharing your opinion. Get bent

  • @HexDaddyissues said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843521#Comment_2843521

    you know you can let oother people enjoy things?

    you dont see me screaming at everyone that drives a truck just because i dont like them

    how about this: dont like the skins? dont buy em

    there ya go just saved you a whole lot of hassle

    Trucks and skins aren't the same thing lmao. I'm not mad at people using those skins because they're in the game. I'm mad because those outfits are crazy and dumb for a licensed character like the ice outfit ghostface. People are saying that fun world blah blah blah and that it's not actually ghostface??? It is ghostface and we all know ghostface with just the white mask and black robes, but changing him into a blighted version or give him an ice face cosmetic? It's not just as simple as "don't buy it" it's that going against him isn't as exciting because it's not the og ghostface from the movies, get it? I'm literally probably the only one here who never complains about licensed killer being weak or overpowered, I just care about the character and how faithful they are to the movies, TV shows or games.

  • boy its like talking to a wall.

    me not liking trucks is the same as you not liking skins. You dont like it, dont buy it. I dont like trucks, i dont buy one. Plain and simple dude. The more you try to justify your stance the more intolerable you become.


    even the humble brag just sounds like absolute clownery now

    so just because YOU dont like "going against" an alternate skinned killer, you think the game as a whole is flawed? news flash, no one really cares what you think, and as long as people wiill pay, there will be skins.


    also, ghost face isnt ghost face. The mask is ghost face. Watch the movies or read the lore dude. You're grabbing at straws to justify your holier than though ideals here.

  • @HexDaddyissues said:

    boy its like talking to a wall.

    me not liking trucks is the same as you not liking skins. You dont like it, dont buy it. I dont like trucks, i dont buy one. Plain and simple dude. The more you try to justify your stance the more intolerable you become.

    even the humble brag just sounds like absolute clownery now

    so just because YOU dont like "going against" an alternate skinned killer, you think the game as a whole is flawed? news flash, no one really cares what you think, and as long as people wiill pay, there will be skins.

    also, ghost face isnt ghost face. The mask is ghost face. Watch the movies or read the lore dude. You're grabbing at straws to justify your holier than though ideals here.

    If it isn't ghostface then who is he? Tf???? The game literally says it's ghostface but the person under the mask is an original creation from behavior because ghostface can be anyone. It's still ghostface bruh

  • Man IKR, I just CAN'T believe they'd add skins to licensed characters. That not only am I not forced to run it, but I also am not held at gun point to buy it either. In fact I don't even need to acknowledge it's existence. Like, how extreme of BHVR to add these skins.

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843623#Comment_2843623

    If it isn't ghostface then who is he? Tf???? The game literally says it's ghostface but the person under the mask is an original creation from behavior because ghostface can be anyone. It's still ghostface bruh

    "It's Ghostface, but it's not the Ghostface because Ghostface is anyone, so who is Ghostface? It's still Ghostface."

    That's what you sound like.

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2839394#Comment_2839394

    It doesn't matter because we all know sadako with the white dress. The skeleton outfit just looks weird

    It's literally her valid, canon appearance.

  • @CuteAnimeGirlIRL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843778#Comment_2843778

    "It's Ghostface, but it's not the Ghostface because Ghostface is anyone, so who is Ghostface? It's still Ghostface."

    That's what you sound like.

    Dude are you actually gonna argue that it's not ghostface? ######### man? When did I say anything close to what you said? I was literally replying to people saying it wasn't ghostface so I asked them, then who is it? Lmao learn how to read

  • Optional skins that you don't have to play with, ruins nothing.

  • @illusion said:

    Optional skins that you don't have to play with, ruins nothing.

    ITS NOT ABOUT ME USING THE SKIN. When I play survivor and it's a ghostface then its exciting but what ruins it is that it's the ice face ghostface because it ruins the character bruh DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Ofcourse I'm not gonna buy it. It's like the same thing they did with clown when they added a chicken outfit to him lmfao

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843930#Comment_2843930

    ITS NOT ABOUT ME USING THE SKIN. When I play survivor and it's a ghostface then its exciting but what ruins it is that it's the ice face ghostface because it ruins the character bruh DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Ofcourse I'm not gonna buy it. It's like the same thing they did with clown when they added a chicken outfit to him lmfao

    You do realize that the game is not designed specifically for you, right? If someone is playing using that skin, that means they liked it enough to spend money on it, which means they have a different opinion on it than you do. It makes the game more enjoyable for them, so not ruined.

  • @Erd69 said:

    Why do you do it? Why do you add skins for licensed characters that aren't even in the movie? Look at what you did to ghostface, he has literal ice outfit and am I expected to get excited when I see him? It's dumb. Nemesis with his blighted outfit, why? You ruined his look from RE3. He should've gotten a skin from the older games but not a blighted one. I just really hope Michael Myers doesn't get a blighted skin because I thought dbd was a game where we have these horror icons but you're changing their appearance? Oh I'm going against sadako? Hell yeah, oh wait, what is that new skin she has? THAT'S NOT EVEN SADAKO. All I hope is for people to not buy these outfits because they completely change the characters look and makes a licensed character less worthy. I mean, would you have bought nemesis if his blighted skin was his default?

    Don't remember much of Ringu, but it looks very reminiscent of the actual corpse of Samara found in the well in The Ring. Being that The Ring was a direct American version I assume the corpse was in Ringu too.

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843930#Comment_2843930

    ITS NOT ABOUT ME USING THE SKIN. When I play survivor and it's a ghostface then its exciting but what ruins it is that it's the ice face ghostface because it ruins the character bruh DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Ofcourse I'm not gonna buy it. It's like the same thing they did with clown when they added a chicken outfit to him lmfao

    How does it ruin that it's ghost face? You said it yourself it's STILL ######### GHOSTFACE. So how does it ruin Ghostface when it's still just ghostface

  • are you even paying attention to your own words? You’re actually making no coherent sense and contradicting every point you yourself make just for the sake of arguing with everyone.

  • "Stop ruining licenced characters BHVR by using her Canon appearance that the licence holders most likely wanted in the game!!! It's all your fault BHVR"

    Um anyway

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843924#Comment_2843924

    "Stop ruining licenced characters BHVR by using her Canon appearance that the licence holders most likely wanted in the game!!! It's all your fault BHVR"

    Um anyway

    Canon or not, we all know sadako with the white dress. I see no reason to give her skins. Ghostface isn't even ghostface sometimes .

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843936#Comment_2843936

    How does it ruin that it's ghost face? You said it yourself it's STILL ######### GHOSTFACE. So how does it ruin Ghostface when it's still just ghostface

    Because of his outfits? How do you not understand? How do you not understand that changing a licensed character into something different? Yes it's ghostface with the ice cosmetic but the issue is that that's not his og outfit and that the ice outfit is insanely dumb looking. I'll say it again, it's like giving Michael Myers a clown outfit. Yes he did have a clown outfit but as a kid ( I'm forced to say this because people will mention it)

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/313130/stop-ruining-licensed-characters-bhvr

    Don't remember much of Ringu, but it looks very reminiscent of the actual corpse of Samara found in the well in The Ring. Being that The Ring was a direct American version I assume the corpse was in Ringu too.

    Yeah I just looked it up but even then she just doesn't need any skins. She's known with just her white dress, she's perfect, that's sadako we all know. You know what I mean?

  • @Erd69 said:

    Why do you do it? Why do you add skins for licensed characters that aren't even in the movie? Look at what you did to ghostface, he has literal ice outfit and am I expected to get excited when I see him? It's dumb. Nemesis with his blighted outfit, why? You ruined his look from RE3. He should've gotten a skin from the older games but not a blighted one. I just really hope Michael Myers doesn't get a blighted skin because I thought dbd was a game where we have these horror icons but you're changing their appearance? Oh I'm going against sadako? Hell yeah, oh wait, what is that new skin she has? THAT'S NOT EVEN SADAKO. All I hope is for people to not buy these outfits because they completely change the characters look and makes a licensed character less worthy. I mean, would you have bought nemesis if his blighted skin was his default?

    Ghostface isn't "screams" ghostface, its an original character using the license to the mask, nothing morw

1 2 3 4