Survivor Main decided to try Bubba for the first time today. Results as expected.

You have seen me around, rightfully pointing out how Bubba needs nerfs.

Yes I am a Survivor main, but that does not mean I am biased.


So today, I decided to try Bubba, to prove how easy and ridiculous his kit is. And as expected, the results were exactly what I guessed they would be.

bubba1.jpg


This is someone who is completely new to Bubba. I have played about 4 matches with Bubba today, and only -1- person escaped. That's 15 kills, 1 escape across 4 matches. For a COMPLETELY NEW BUBBA player.

  • I have never played Bubba before
  • I AM A Survivor Main!!!
  • I DONT PLAY KILLER AT ALL. Look at my ranking, Ash 3. I ranked up in 4 easy matches.
  • LOOK AT MY PERKS. I only have 3. All level 1 yellow perks! I'm up against full purple, 4 perks. AND I STILL WRECKED THEM.


And the only person who escaped, was entirely my fault. I have no idea how long Decisive Strike lasts for, as I don't play Killer, this is not something I have memorized. So I waited a long time, and picked up a Survivor, but DS was still active and they got away from me. That's it. It would have been 16 kills otherwise.


During my playthrough with Bubba, I found myself talking out loud saying "what is this, this is bs" as I easily downed two FULL HEALTH survivors in the killer shack with a couple swings of my chainsaw. If there was too many windows nearby for a chainsaw, I just turned into an M1 killer and hit them twice and downed them anyway. But ooh boy, if I caught them ANYWHERE else, I didn't even bother with M1. Full health --> insta down with chainsaw. I caught myself being in complete disgust at how easy this was.

If you look at my post history, I bought DBD +Halloween DLC on the same day, to main Michael Myers, last year. I got so annoyed at how weak Myers was (new players dont have great addons for every game), plus the SWF nonsense, that I stopped playing Killer altogether. But now having played Bubba, this is hilarious. He is the easiest killer i ever tried. Getting 4k is a breeze. And should you ever want to camp, it's easy money. Nobody, and I mean, NOBODY is getting away from an unhook if you camp. Even if they have BT, then it becomes a trade, but someone is going up on that hook again. And slugging became VERY easy. Because of instadown chainsaw. And turning didn't help them. I am a completely new Bubba and even I could make him turn corners and knock them down.


In conclusion. Bubba needs a revamp. His kit is ridiculous. Nerf would not even be enough. Bubba needs wholesale changes because he is far and away too easy to use and oppress survivors for 4k. I WANT TO REPEAT - LOOK AT MY PERKS. I don't even have 4 perk slots. All my perks are level one. Survivors are full purple perks. And they never stood a chance. Against a SURVIVOR MAIN who -never- plays Killer. Not even for daily rituals.

Comments

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    Felt like playing some more. Just did another game. 4k. Survivors upset in chat and did not have fun.

    Please try to find any reason that Bubba is good for the morale and FUN of the player base, because there aren't any.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IRZS90CS7UHB/bub2.jpg

    Considering you've played so many matches with him, you are already addicted in facecamping king bubba, I think that is considered you having fun, and killer deserves to have fun too.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828957#Comment_2828957

    I'm a iri 1 very good survivor main. My complaining comes from there. This thread is just proof now that I get my hands on Bubba myself.

    Grades don't mean anything. Matchmaking is based on a hidden number that goes up or down based on if you escaped or died for Survivor and if you got a Sacrifice or not for Killer

  • Confirmation bias 101

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    Felt like playing some more. Just did another game. 4k. Survivors upset in chat and did not have fun.

    Please try to find any reason that Bubba is good for the morale and FUN of the player base, because there aren't any.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IRZS90CS7UHB/bub2.jpg

    I like playing against Booba. His 1v1 is fun, getting chased feels threatening due to his chainsaw. Bamboozle makes Bubba even scarier. The annoying thing about Booba is that Survivors will throw themselves at the Booba as soon as someone gets hooked because "Bubba will facecamp 100% of the time"

  • If you don't play killer then that means you are paired up against low mmr.

    Btw rank doesn't equate to skill, just playtime.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828957#Comment_2828957

    I'm a iri 1 very good survivor main. My complaining comes from there. This thread is just proof now that I get my hands on Bubba myself.

    You can't be that good of you're getting stomped by Bubba all the time.

    Also just because you don't main killer it doesn't mean you have no clue about the game. You describe yourself as a very good survivor main, so in theory you know how to run tiles and loops fairly well. Having this information & experience alone will give you a massive advantage when playing killer at fresh very low MMR against people that have little to no experience in the game or are just bad at the game. You can basically predict and outplay them because you actually know how to run loops and tiles already.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    You have seen me around, rightfully pointing out how Bubba needs nerfs.

    Yes I am a Survivor main, but that does not mean I am biased.

    So today, I decided to try Bubba, to prove how easy and ridiculous his kit is. And as expected, the results were exactly what I guessed they would be.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BNI8Y940TVQV/bubba1.jpg

    This is someone who is completely new to Bubba. I have played about 4 matches with Bubba today, and only -1- person escaped. That's 15 kills, 1 escape across 4 matches. For a COMPLETELY NEW BUBBA player.

    • I have never played Bubba before
    • I AM A Survivor Main!!!
    • I DONT PLAY KILLER AT ALL. Look at my ranking, Ash 3. I ranked up in 4 easy matches.
    • LOOK AT MY PERKS. I only have 3. All level 1 yellow perks! I'm up against full purple, 4 perks. AND I STILL WRECKED THEM.

    And the only person who escaped, was entirely my fault. I have no idea how long Decisive Strike lasts for, as I don't play Killer, this is not something I have memorized. So I waited a long time, and picked up a Survivor, but DS was still active and they got away from me. That's it. It would have been 16 kills otherwise.

    During my playthrough with Bubba, I found myself talking out loud saying "what is this, this is bs" as I easily downed two FULL HEALTH survivors in the killer shack with a couple swings of my chainsaw. If there was too many windows nearby for a chainsaw, I just turned into an M1 killer and hit them twice and downed them anyway. But ooh boy, if I caught them ANYWHERE else, I didn't even bother with M1. Full health --> insta down with chainsaw. I caught myself being in complete disgust at how easy this was.

    If you look at my post history, I bought DBD +Halloween DLC on the same day, to main Michael Myers, last year. I got so annoyed at how weak Myers was (new players dont have great addons for every game), plus the SWF nonsense, that I stopped playing Killer altogether. But now having played Bubba, this is hilarious. He is the easiest killer i ever tried. Getting 4k is a breeze. And should you ever want to camp, it's easy money. Nobody, and I mean, NOBODY is getting away from an unhook if you camp. Even if they have BT, then it becomes a trade, but someone is going up on that hook again. And slugging became VERY easy. Because of instadown chainsaw. And turning didn't help them. I am a completely new Bubba and even I could make him turn corners and knock them down.

    In conclusion. Bubba needs a revamp. His kit is ridiculous. Nerf would not even be enough. Bubba needs wholesale changes because he is far and away too easy to use and oppress survivors for 4k. I WANT TO REPEAT - LOOK AT MY PERKS. I don't even have 4 perk slots. All my perks are level one. Survivors are full purple perks. And they never stood a chance. Against a SURVIVOR MAIN who -never- plays Killer. Not even for daily rituals.

    So you go againts potatoes,Bubba can still lose if survivors last more than 5 seconds in a chase,if they do gens if Bubba camps.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828779#Comment_2828779

    nice try on the deflection but there are 2 Gold ranked survivors, 1 silver ranked survivor, and 1 bronze survivor (with full purple perks) vs an ash killer who has about 1 hour of Killer experience in the past 5 months.

    ranks don’t relate to matchmaking

  • My guy just facecamped a Bill with Lightweight I

  • i wouldnt worry, his current playrate % and ease of facecamping has probably put him on the cards for changing anyway

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828895#Comment_2828895

    LOL why are you talking like if I am good? Im a survivor main that NEVER PLAYS KILLER. I literally played bubba for the first time in my life, and again, -i have about 1 hour of TOTAL killer experience in the past 5 months. I AM AS LOW MMR AS YOU CAN GET.

    Emblem has little bearing on your MMR. Iri emblem just shows time put in, not where you stand on the SBMM. You're all at the bottom rung of the system, so of course the killer is going to do well, especially a Bubba.

    Two survivors are under 10k. I'm assuming you face camped the first, or at least proxy camped, and the second tried to make a few saves. Seeing as that Bill only has three T1 perks, it could be HIS first few matches in the game as well. The other two seem to have popped a gen or two, had a few decent chases. If you had four survivors of the same thought process, I assume your match would have gone differently.

    Using your logic, if you played Nurse, and lost your first match, does that mean Nurse is bottom tier and deserves buffs?

  • I never played as bubba but I wanna play as him now.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828779#Comment_2828779

    nice try on the deflection but there are 2 Gold ranked survivors, 1 silver ranked survivor, and 1 bronze survivor (with full purple perks) vs an ash killer who has about 1 hour of Killer experience in the past 5 months.

    The rank has nothing to do with skill level... and your inability to understand this after it being repeatedly explained through various channels over the last several months is indicative of how little you're actually understanding

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828779#Comment_2828779

    nice try on the deflection but there are 2 Gold ranked survivors, 1 silver ranked survivor, and 1 bronze survivor (with full purple perks) vs an ash killer who has about 1 hour of Killer experience in the past 5 months.

    High Grades don't mean that they're good, it means they've played a lot during a season.

    Not sure how often this needs to be explained. I've seen a 100 people now who think that grades are for Matchmaking. (They aren't)

  • @Vyne456 said:

    I never played as bubba but I wanna play as him now.

    He is fun

  • This has to be bait, or you have no idea how the MMR is meant to work.

    The first reply said everything required already.

  • @drsoontm said:

    This has to be bait, or you have no idea how the MMR is meant to work.

    The first reply said everything required already.

    The second one too😎 but yeah mainly the first

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828895#Comment_2828895

    LOL why are you talking like if I am good? Im a survivor main that NEVER PLAYS KILLER. I literally played bubba for the first time in my life, and again, -i have about 1 hour of TOTAL killer experience in the past 5 months. I AM AS LOW MMR AS YOU CAN GET.

    When I've started the game, years ago, I was a killer main. Trapper, Wraith, Billy, ...

    Months later, when I've started to also play survivor I've beaten almost every killer for a while.

    Why? Because I may have been an untrained survivor but my experience as killer made me predict everything these beginners would try.

    Experience translates.

  • This thread is pain and funny at the same time. Since there are like 100 people who tried to explain that grades are just playtime and not an indicator for skill I won't even bother. I run Bubba all day everyday. Without bamboozle you can make his life a nightmare. Congratulations that you are able to 4k at mmr levels where survivors don't even know what windows are or how to not position themselves for easy downs. The fact that you think he is "OP" makes me believe that you are pretty bad at survivor. And no, it doesn't mean jack that you are iri grade 1 or whatever, since grades are NOT used for matchmaking. They are just an indicator for how much you play the game.

  • Eeeeeh. Don't think so. Honestly when I was JUST starting to play this game, about November last year, I played Billy and stomped everything in front of me, red ranks and all with his very own perks xD. Until I didn't. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

    Same with wraith, I thought he was so incredibly OP. Until it wasn't.

    And unless you're camping I find Bubba to be even weaker than those two. He can't pressure the map and the gens, has no catching up skills (not really) if you're getting 4k without camping it means that the survivor you were chasing simply didn't know to get away from you stringing vaults and predrops and/or the survivors you were not chasing were not doing gens very much. This is true even for camper Bubba. He might very well spend 4 gens worth getting his first hook, which is why many bubbas resort to camping.

    Win 10 games and then you might start to understand why Bubba isn't the almighty monster you think.

  • Was anyone else expecting a basement Bubba scenario?

    Just me

    Ok 😕

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    You have seen me around, rightfully pointing out how Bubba needs nerfs.

    Yes I am a Survivor main, but that does not mean I am biased.

    So today, I decided to try Bubba, to prove how easy and ridiculous his kit is. And as expected, the results were exactly what I guessed they would be.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BNI8Y940TVQV/bubba1.jpg

    This is someone who is completely new to Bubba. I have played about 4 matches with Bubba today, and only -1- person escaped. That's 15 kills, 1 escape across 4 matches. For a COMPLETELY NEW BUBBA player.

    • I have never played Bubba before
    • I AM A Survivor Main!!!
    • I DONT PLAY KILLER AT ALL. Look at my ranking, Ash 3. I ranked up in 4 easy matches.
    • LOOK AT MY PERKS. I only have 3. All level 1 yellow perks! I'm up against full purple, 4 perks. AND I STILL WRECKED THEM.

    And the only person who escaped, was entirely my fault. I have no idea how long Decisive Strike lasts for, as I don't play Killer, this is not something I have memorized. So I waited a long time, and picked up a Survivor, but DS was still active and they got away from me. That's it. It would have been 16 kills otherwise.

    During my playthrough with Bubba, I found myself talking out loud saying "what is this, this is bs" as I easily downed two FULL HEALTH survivors in the killer shack with a couple swings of my chainsaw. If there was too many windows nearby for a chainsaw, I just turned into an M1 killer and hit them twice and downed them anyway. But ooh boy, if I caught them ANYWHERE else, I didn't even bother with M1. Full health --> insta down with chainsaw. I caught myself being in complete disgust at how easy this was.

    If you look at my post history, I bought DBD +Halloween DLC on the same day, to main Michael Myers, last year. I got so annoyed at how weak Myers was (new players dont have great addons for every game), plus the SWF nonsense, that I stopped playing Killer altogether. But now having played Bubba, this is hilarious. He is the easiest killer i ever tried. Getting 4k is a breeze. And should you ever want to camp, it's easy money. Nobody, and I mean, NOBODY is getting away from an unhook if you camp. Even if they have BT, then it becomes a trade, but someone is going up on that hook again. And slugging became VERY easy. Because of instadown chainsaw. And turning didn't help them. I am a completely new Bubba and even I could make him turn corners and knock them down.

    In conclusion. Bubba needs a revamp. His kit is ridiculous. Nerf would not even be enough. Bubba needs wholesale changes because he is far and away too easy to use and oppress survivors for 4k. I WANT TO REPEAT - LOOK AT MY PERKS. I don't even have 4 perk slots. All my perks are level one. Survivors are full purple perks. And they never stood a chance. Against a SURVIVOR MAIN who -never- plays Killer. Not even for daily rituals.

    KILLER MAIN DECICDED TO TRY MEG THOMAS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY. RESULTS AS EXPECTED.

    megprove2.jpg

    Today I played Meg Thomas for the first time. I played her without any perks, items and addons in Solo Q. I mean look at their perks. They didnt use one single altruistic perk. No "Borrowed Time", no "Circle of Healing". Although I played against an actually strong killer (Twins), they didnt stand a chance against my Meg. That means Meg is OP and f*cking boring to play against. Decrease her movement and repair speed to 50% and she would be still too strong! Think about it!

  • @Waterfall said:

    I mean at low MMR I’ve stomped survivors with Trapper who’s apparently considered the worst killer in the game. I’ve ran Bubbas before if you know how to use pallets and windows he isn’t that difficult to kite. Now his camping is without a doubt extremely oppressive but in chase he can be outplayed. Let’s be honest here survivors want Bubba nerfed to make the game easier for them. After Bubba they’d just complain about the next killer in line.

    Trapper is not the worst killer in the game. He's pretty much in the middle. And he can snowball like a MFer.

    How dare you disparage my killer!

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312250/survivor-main-decided-to-try-bubba-for-the-first-time-today-results-as-expected

    KILLER MAIN DECICDED TO TRY MEG THOMAS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY. RESULTS AS EXPECTED.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E72YV98F6HUA/megprove2.jpg

    Today I played Meg Thomas for the first time. I played her without any perks, items and addons in Solo Q. I mean look at their perks. They didnt use one single altruistic perk. No "Borrowed Time", no "Circle of Healing". Although I played against an actually strong killer (Twins), they didnt stand a chance against my Meg. That means Meg is OP and f*cking boring to play against. Decrease her movement and repair speed to 50% and she would be still too strong! Think about it!

    Inb4 the ITS NOT THE SAME comment lol

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828844#Comment_2828844

    Trapper is not the worst killer in the game. He's pretty much in the middle. And he can snowball like a MFer.

    How dare you disparage my killer!

    He's an M1 Killer if Survivors know how to avoid traps, how is that not bad?

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828796#Comment_2828796

    I'm an Iri 1 survivor, son. He is not balanced in top tier either.

    It's funny how many people still assume that the "Grades" are your "Rank" what your playing on...

    Well it was a long time ago but no more dude.


    You play with a low mmr on your first killer matches and your grade just shows how much you played for the month but not how good you are. ( especially as a surv cus you can die and still get pip as killer you almost need to kill all people with atleast 9 hooks to pip )


    I play both killer and surv and I have no problems against bubba. Yea it's right that you can get downed really fast but that's your own fault for bad positioning against him and if you get camped get over your ego and load into the next game lol

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828844#Comment_2828844

    Trapper is not the worst killer in the game. He's pretty much in the middle. And he can snowball like a MFer.

    How dare you disparage my killer!

    You snowball what with trapless trapper.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312250/survivor-main-decided-to-try-bubba-for-the-first-time-today-results-as-expected

    KILLER MAIN DECICDED TO TRY MEG THOMAS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY. RESULTS AS EXPECTED.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E72YV98F6HUA/megprove2.jpg

    Today I played Meg Thomas for the first time. I played her without any perks, items and addons in Solo Q. I mean look at their perks. They didnt use one single altruistic perk. No "Borrowed Time", no "Circle of Healing". Although I played against an actually strong killer (Twins), they didnt stand a chance against my Meg. That means Meg is OP and f*cking boring to play against. Decrease her movement and repair speed to 50% and she would be still too strong! Think about it!

    Now that username🔥

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828796#Comment_2828796

    I'm an Iri 1 survivor, son. He is not balanced in top tier either.

    Why are you so condescending to everyone? People are trying to have a discussion with you, but you act like you’re some type of president of DbD

  • @Malum_Midnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828798#Comment_2828798

    Why are you so condescending to everyone? People are trying to have a discussion with you, but you act like you’re some type of president of DbD

    Lmao

  • I would change my forums name to it, but I already changed my name here :'D

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312250/survivor-main-decided-to-try-bubba-for-the-first-time-today-results-as-expected

    KILLER MAIN DECICDED TO TRY MEG THOMAS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY. RESULTS AS EXPECTED.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E72YV98F6HUA/megprove2.jpg

    Today I played Meg Thomas for the first time. I played her without any perks, items and addons in Solo Q. I mean look at their perks. They didnt use one single altruistic perk. No "Borrowed Time", no "Circle of Healing". Although I played against an actually strong killer (Twins), they didnt stand a chance against my Meg. That means Meg is OP and f*cking boring to play against. Decrease her movement and repair speed to 50% and she would be still too strong! Think about it!

    The name 🤣

  • This is a very common experience and it should be discussed more. Killer is extremely easy compared to survivor and Bubba mains have to get bored of winning all the time. He desperately needs nerfs. It is appalling he is still in this state.

    Literally hit M2 and instantly bypass 2 health states with a very long power that has almost no cooldown. I've actually seen him down someone in the basement and even if someone has borrowed time when saved, his saw was still running at the top of the stairs and downed the person anyway. That is absurd.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829428#Comment_2829428

    He's an M1 Killer if Survivors know how to avoid traps, how is that not bad?

    Just place traps like a psychopath. Who in HFIL is going to expect three traps at a loop with a completed generator? I know some survivors who didn't~

    That, or use them during chase. He's also 115% movement speed, so he's not even terrible as a M1 killer (an M1 killer? Hm)...?

    Why would you not keep a trap on hand? Best tool to trick rats into leaving loops. Silly Nezumi, always leaving loops.

    Unless they don't. That's fine too.

1 2 ›