Salty Boy Thinks DBD caters to Killers

Don't even have anything to say about this one, feel free to comment down below.

Don't even have anything to say about this one, feel free to comment down below.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
people who say that just aren't as good at survivor as they'd like to think
It is tipped towards killers though
posted by someone who isn't as good at survivor as they'd like to think
Nope i just know how to read a graph
the graphs provided by the devs are irrelevant when survivors don't need to survive to "win"
Facts are irrelevant?
google the word "context"
I know what context means kid. I will stick to statistics, facts and truths. You stick to name calling and bias.
if you knew what it means then you'd understand the historical and mechanical reasons for why DbD's data is skewed, instead of ignoring the context, which thankfully the devs do not do, and they actually understand how the data works
"You stick to name calling and bias."
pot, meet kettle
You are both right.
@CornChip is right when he says the game is tipped towards killers. Because it really is around rank 20-15.
And @yeet is right that it isn't. Starting around rank 8-1.
low skill players don't matter when talking balance
some people may see this as a harsh statement, but it's true
To be fair after nearly two years of the game being incredibly favored to survivors you can't blame some of them for having a hard time adjusting to balance changes.
Even I have a hard time adjusting to balance changes as killer because I feel like even with a killer buff it's going to get pulled out from under me so I pretty much aim low for my expectations with balance.
High level play dealing with crutch perks and SWF and instant heals, I’d be interested in seeing those escape rates lol.
killer is super easy to play right now, unless you run against a 4man try hard swf group, you won't have much troubles even by playing leatherface or freddy
- The actual kill\sacrifice rates
- Suicides on hook ( skews data but cannot be measured, it sure feels more like a ragequit than a kill )
- Intentional ragequits
- Legit disconnects ( game errors, IRL reasons )
Also i'm not sure if or how non 4-survivor rounds are counted. Do missing survivors count as DC or kills? In that case it'd screw the %escape graph already. Statistics are hard i guess.Both of you are partially correct, in the sense that some people - on both sides - always think they're better than they really are. It's just human nature.
If you think the game is perfectly balanced with nothing wrong, then that just shows your a dunce survivor main that's been playing since 2016. The game has everything wrong with it, certain bugs and glitches, as well as broken hitboxes and poor map design, the only reason every single speck of salt in this community is still playing the game, is simply because of the content and DLC. To go and say that the game is perfectly fine is like saying there is nothing wrong with random crits in tf2.
1. Suicide (Survivors farming during Hallowed Blight definitely inflated these numbers)
2. Rage quits
3. Legitimate DCs
4. Matchmaking (red rank Survivors will have an easier time escaping yellow or green rank Killers and vice versa, this happens a lot when you find SWF groups that have Survivors at various ranks)
5. Non-altruistic Survivors
For all we know, only 20% of Survivors could actually die to being sacrificed with Survivors that are altruistic. The other 80% could be made up of suicides, rage quits, legit DCs, and bad MM.
I think the game is FAIRLY balanced. I still get my 4k at R1, after reset, I still receive Merciless with a 3k.
I enjoy it.
For a second I thouight that comment was from me because recently I had a game against a Huntress where 2 people rage quitted and I ran her for a bit and didnt safety pip after a 2 gen chase (yes 1 guy did 2 gens in that time) and 50% of a gen. He's just stupid tho.
Why do you always make sense? You're one of the few people on this website who actually makes sense. Even I dont myself lol.
It's because he doesn't play as much anymore so he's not as well-salted as the rest of us.
I see.
I just try to look at things rationally and analytically.
My fav is trying to discount altruistic deaths like ######### that mean, that person was willing to die to try and save someone, how does that mean it shouldn't count in the statistic.
Despite all those crappy reasons anyway, why do they keep talking about "deaths" the statistic is "Which survivors escape" not "which survivors didn't get killed". It's probably not even looking at disconnects and only survivors that leave via hatch or gate. they want the stat so badly to represent their "survivors are unkillable" mantra they spread on the forums.
I would like to say, before I lay down my opinions, that I'm not good at the game and I do feel that the game at the current state is tilt slightly toward the killer, I do play both sides but my opinion do not involve any skill, so..
Do they release any similar chart before? I'm new to this game and didn't follow any stream or statistic before they release this chart. On that chart alone, it seems that the survival rank is low., but with no reference point, we couldn't tell whether the buffs to killer tip the favor towards killer or the survival rate remains more or less the same. This is an old game, without long term data collection and statistic, it just won't give us an accurate picture. Of course, pretend that I never said anything if they do release regular statistic.
The survival rate peak at Rank 1 around 43~44%, and dev said that their ideal balance is 2K(which should be 50%), seems a bit lower than what dev expected, but it is possible that the survivors are still adapting to the change. Again, the survival rate graph means very little without long term data collection.
They released stat a couple of time before that, the two note worthy one where one who was about kill rate by killer and was used to justify freddy nerf, but the sample time period included a free weekend meaning a lot of new (very bad) player that don't reflet the overall community where included
And a second one was about perk usage, and is not reliable since it state nonsense like that self care as a usage of around 20 percent, will in game having a single survivor not using selfcare is a rare occurrence.
I'll see if I can find them back
Found 1, will edit if I find the kill rate one (and don't forget about it)
Perk usage : https://i.imgur.com/LyPkOEd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium