Say your hot take about survivors and their perks
We all have some hot takes and sometimes we need to share them. This post is for you to share about survivors and their perks. So what's your hot take on them?
We all have some hot takes and sometimes we need to share them. This post is for you to share about survivors and their perks. So what's your hot take on them?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
MoM is extremely underrated. In a meta of healing being very easy, you should already be taking hits for your team anyway. Using MoM means getting your 3rd hit isn't as hard as people say.
Prove Thyself makes the early game way faster than people give it credit for. Like, killers are already bound to lose the first 2 gens fast, but Prove Thyself can become really overbearing.
Some of these will definitely be more controversial than others, but here goes nothing.
The majority of survivor meta perks do not warrant nerfing; in fact, the only survivor meta perks that do warrant nerfing (at least that I can think of off the top of my head; may be more) are Dead Hard and Iron Will, with a little room for small tweaks to some of the less egregious ones.
All the other survivor perks fall into one of two camps; being one of the few always-useful perks, or covering for a clear gap in the game's normal flow. In the case of the former, you fix that by making more perks genuinely useful. In the case of the latter, base-game changes need to be made before any nerfs can come in.
Circle of healing is fine just needs a cool down
blastmine is a good perk
Self care is the worst survivor perk
no mither should be deleted
Every Exhaustion Perk should be on the same level as Lithe, aside from Adrenaline
CoH should've never existed. It's the complete opposite from the other Boons (the Killer to be near), and that, combined with how strong a free heal is, is why it's so overpowered
Head on is fun to use (when you're not playing solo).
I like and use COH, but I wouldn't cry if it were nerfed more. It already gives A LOT.
I don't understand why dead hard is good. It seems like everyone that uses it, really doesn't need to because they're good loopers, and the ones that need it, can't do much with it.
I have barely played this week because I was tired 😳
People whining about solo queue and refusing to run Slippery meat are doing it wrong.
me a guy who uses autodidact i agree
Survivor is easy mode and their perks are way too forgiving now.
Well...keep in mind the thread asks for our hot takes.
Here it goes:
I'm fine with Boon CoH when playing as killer the only perk that really grinds my gears is Dead Hard. Press E to gain free distance and when it's the #1 used perk that 2-4 survivors have it every single game. That's a red flag something is wrong and it needs changes.
DS is overrated but BT is a necessity.
As in leader that gave gen time? Doesn’t that make prove thyself redundant?
Agreed on Quentin’s perks though. I loved the buffed vigil
Adam is the best ranged killer.
Prove Thyself...was kinda always redundant when Leader was around, and now it is the opposite. I just want the roles swapped, as it used to be.
Vigil got buffed? Nice! I always enjoy using his perks, always have.
Stake out is underrated. This perk will save you a lot of time against all non stealth killers except huntress and it can be devastating paired with fast track. It can also be used for healing builds or for progression bonuses on medkit self heals. This perk is slept on big time. I use a build of situational awareness, prove, stake and fast track with an emergency medkit with gels and a sponge and it makes you one fast and cruel mutha F-
CoH sheds light on the true issue which is Healing in general, but that light is so bright that it blinds the majority of the playerbase thinking it is the issue
Just in case you were curious, the reason Head On is Exhaustion so it can't be paired with Exhaustion perks to get both the stun and the distance simultaneously. Smash Hit requires giving up a non-reusable resource which can be easily avoided mid-chase if the killer just respects the pallet/baits it out. Lockers aren't consumable, and Head On's stun lasts a lot longer than a pallet stun.
Wait, what was Old Leader?
Boil over is best tunneling perk, one less BT/DS for survivors.
There were two, actually:
Oh I see, meh. I personally like current leader. I guess yeah old repair was there but I don't think it's worth it at the price of everything else being 9%. You might as well run resilience then. But that's just me, 25% for other teammates has came in clutch for me a few times
Well, Old Leader had WAY more use for me than current Leader will ever have, but I guess it depends on one's builds and playstyle.
Still, I would like to see it reverted.
Hey! You take back what you said about No-Mither! In all seriousness though, I know that my teammates are probably malding and for good reason, but if I know that I'm gonna eventually get thrown back in with the low MMR babies, why not just accelerate that process?
Well true but I have played with so many people that use no mither and die quit it sucks lmao
I used it a lot and I love it. Problem is most survivors will run away the moment you hit the first skillcheck, or at least that's my experience. Building up stacks can be tough.
Lightborn is not a trash perk for baby Killers and is, in fact, a great defense against bully squads.
Survivors are very OP, but most people don't think so because they haven't scratched the surface of what optimal play can do for them. Iron Will, whether it's OP or not, is just bad design. "I'm injured, so I'm completely silent permanently." Think of a killer equivalent to that, seriously.
Most 'bully squads' will just switch tactics to getting gens done and getting out ASAP once they realise you have LB though. gg go next.
that never happend to me well goodluck
I dislike that the new OoO requirement is "when your aura is revealed to the killer" removing every possible synergy with aura hiding perks.
I feel like it should have been "when your aura *should* be revealed to the killer" (so current state but with synergy with aura hiding perks)
I still enjoy OoO and get value out of it
mikaela is the worst character in the game, her lore is actual trash and she introduced COH. i wish she was never added
Better than getting bullied.
Exhaustion perks are the biggest crutches known to man
Survivor meta is unnecessary and SWFs that use them are truly carried beyond individual skill
Adrenaline is good but overrated.
Stakeout is underrated against most killers.
Buckle up needs a serious nerf after the recent buff
NOED is actually an issue and it shouldn't be in game. It's a hot take because people on this forum always say it's fine and so on, but doing bonners is unreliable 99% of the time in solo q and dedicating a build to it means that no one does gens.
Yes, it's an issue and I stand by my point. Don't try to convince me otherwise.
Edit: excuse my blindness. I did not see the part with "*survivor* hot takes"
Hot take, solo q is the problem and should be fixed.
Honestly, of they implement that mechanic with icons showing what the survivor is doing, solo q would become soooo much better.
1) Dead Hard is a crutch and a completely overpowered perk, needs a full rework.
2) Circle of Healing just needs to be deleted at this point, there's no saving it.
3) Decisive Strike remains problematic. Why am I getting hit with this perk when I've chased & downed 1-2 other players? I don't care if it's within 60 seconds and you've done literally nothing. I haven't tunnelled you and do not deserve to be hit by it.
4) Borrowed Time should grant the person being rescued intangibility for the duration, so then it cannot be used for body blocking. It's a perk to protect the person being rescued from being tunnelled, not so that person can throw themselves back at the killer to help their friends.
5) Solo queue isn't this ''nightmare'' experience that every survivor main loves to portray. The majority of games are pretty easy and have reliable teammates.
6) If you play in a SWF with comms, don't think you're good at this game when you defeat every killer than isn't Nurse/Blight with your unfair advantage.
7) Stop expecting killers to not tunnel or camp, they are valid strategies, especially if you bring a SWF with meta perks and do the generators ASAP. If you're going to rush your objective, so am I.