It's funny how easily survivors can overpower killers (Except Blight and Nurse)

Wasn't the game supposed to be that the killer is here to sacrifice survivors to the entity? Then why isn't the killer a dominating role in the game but instead is a test dummy for survivors to toy with? Like, I can give you perk examples that completely negate their abilities.

Calm Spirit - Completely counters most killer screaming perks or add-ons. Doctor is fully countered by 1 perk.

Dead Hard - Counters all the killers. No perk can stop this.

Unbreakable - Obliterates slugging.

Borrowed Time - Hurrr durr I get to run to the exit gate without repercussions!

Decisive Strike - 5 seconds stun that makes the Earth go around.

Boil Over - Struggling is a shitshow on console and you're forced to use Iron Grasp, but even then Boil Over counters it. A survivor perk that dominates a killer perk.. seriously?

Boon Totems - Especially Circle of Healing. I don't have to explain this, do I?

Most maps aren't designed for killers in mind. When is the time that killers become powerful? Being a punching bag, I am forced to play Blight and Nurse to get anything out of the match? No, thanks, and on console it's nearly impossible to play these killers.

Comments

  • Are you on Xbox? If so add me.

  • The game is no longer about the "big bad killer" destroying the survivors which is fine, the only issue is that the gap between the best and worst killers is so wide that the game can't be enjoyed by many people who don't want to dedicate hundreds of hours to get ok at a character.

  • @JonahsTablet said:

    The game is no longer about the "big bad killer" destroying the survivors which is fine, the only issue is that the gap between the best and worst killers is so wide that the game can't be enjoyed by many people who don't want to dedicate hundreds of hours to get ok at a character.

    What's actually problematic is unbelievably big gap between best survivors and worst survivors, and latter is more of a majority.

    It makes broken statistics like myer having more than 50% kill rates, hindering actual balancing of the game.

  • I recommend playing Bubba with Iron grasp. Most of this will never be a problem to you and you can take them to basement for some quality 1 on 1 time to convince them the error of their ways... With your hammer.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2815607#Comment_2815607

    What's actually problematic is unbelievably big gap between best survivors and worst survivors, and latter is more of a majority.

    It makes broken statistics like myer having more than 50% kill rates, hindering actual balancing of the game.

    Some people are just not ok at games, which is ok, but when the game is balanced for an unfaithful demographic, that's when issues arise.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    Are you on Xbox? If so add me.

    Do you accept requests from other platforms?

  • I do indeed, my DBD tag is SomberNokk#4cca.

  • I will add you by tonight my dbd tag is the same as my forum username lmao

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2815628#Comment_2815628

    I will add you by tonight my dbd tag is the same as my forum username lmao

    Sweet! We shall escape every game!

  • You are Bubba main right? This perks should not be problem for you.

  • But... half of those perks arent even an issue lol... calm spirit? boil over is meh once again. what?

  • It's because bhvr is balancing for the average bad survivor to make sure they can escape half of their matches.

  • I don't think it's a case of the survivors overpowering the killer, but more of a case that they simply have too many defences to get through that it becomes difficult to achieve anything as a standard M1 killer.

    If you think about it:

    -You need to close the distance, which involves both sides holding W.

    -They begin to loop, and a lot of maps have too many safe pallets.

    -Once you get past the safe pallets, you need to burn their exhaustion perk (namely dead hard) which often means a small reset in the chase

    -Get the down, now you spend another 10-15 seconds to hook them.

    -If you even think about going after them relatively soon after being hooked, you get cucked by Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, Unbreakable. And if you leave them for too long, they heal themselves within Circle of Healing.

    It takes LITERAL MINUTES to down a survivor as a standard M1 killer, it's obnoxious. Survivors have a perk to counter every single strategy that the killer has to try to win the game. Tunnelling? DS. Camping? BT, Kinship, do gens. Slugging? UB, Exponential. Hit & run? Circle of Healing. Chase? Dead Hard x4

    No wonder Nurse/Blight are the strongest because they literally do not care about any of the things above.

  • @Azshhh said:

    Never thought I'd see the day someone claim Calm Spirit as an op perk lmao

    the strength of the perk by itself isn’t an issue, it’s the fact that the devs created these perks with the power to counter certain killers in mind, either that or it’s just a huge oversight which wouldn’t surprise me either.

    So someone can run a fairly mediocre perk like Calm Spirit, but if the killer is playing Doctor then they’re literally robbed of a big part of their power all game

    same thing with Iron Will and Spirit, if 4 survivors have Iron Will against a Spirit then she literally has no power to track them, with no counter play

    same goes for Huntress and Dead Hard, every survivor gets a third health state then and she literally has to hit every survivor with 3 hatchets every chase

    Survivor perks should not counter killer powers, period.

  • Boons, as a whole, are a fine mechanic. CoH taints the Boon reputation

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Boons, as a whole, are a fine mechanic. CoH taints the Boon reputation

    You say that now and then you get hit with shadow step and the new boon. I have a feeling it's going to be a nasty combo

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817257#Comment_2817257

    You say that now and then you get hit with shadow step and the new boon. I have a feeling it's going to be a nasty combo

    I know for a fact it'll make Survivors look like they're hacking, especially if they're looping the Killer on the edge of the Boon Totem, making the Killer unable to hear the Boon, but I only see that Perk combo working on an indoor map

  • The irony is that they keep killers down with "but soloq, but new players" completely neglecting the fact that the game is going on 6 years old and the average skill of the community is rising. They also like to pretend that soloq is basically playing a helpless baby thats unable to do anything but march onto a hook and die. Nearly all my hours playing survivor are soloQ and I can easily escape, even 3-4E easily most games.

  • @Crowman said:

    It's because bhvr is balancing for the average bad survivor to make sure they can escape half of their matches.

    If they actually cared about balance they should have done it for bad killers too.

  • I doubt they even consider balancing for Killers anymore.

    The games based on Killers all being Otz, and the Survivors all being new to the game. This way the majority of 4 players per match are more likely to have fun. Then more likely to spend money. Doesn't matter if you lose 1 Killer - when 4 Survivors stay, and doesn't matter how many Killers you lose because players have to play Killer at some point for tomes, objectives, and events. Licensed Killers is the cherry on top to pull in new players and try to keep them as Survivors.

    Then as long as they can keep players going "If you're not having fun as Killer play Survivor, or play something else" they don't have to do anything to make the Killer role more fun, and can focus on other things that brings in more money like Survivor balancing and cosmetics.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817267#Comment_2817267

    I know for a fact it'll make Survivors look like they're hacking, especially if they're looping the Killer on the edge of the Boon Totem, making the Killer unable to hear the Boon, but I only see that Perk combo working on an indoor map

    I'm biggest two worries are main building some are already really strong and possible infinites that I can create forcing you to lose the chase to have to snuff the boon. Otherwise I don't think is a problem.

    Oh and 110 killer might see real issues.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817272#Comment_2817272

    I'm biggest two worries are main building some are already really strong and possible infinites that I can create forcing you to lose the chase to have to snuff the boon. Otherwise I don't think is a problem.

    Oh and 110 killer might see real issues.

    True, 110 Killers probably will suck against Boon: Dark Theory, but we'll see

  • @JonahsTablet said:

    The game is no longer about the "big bad killer" destroying the survivors which is fine, the only issue is that the gap between the best and worst killers is so wide that the game can't be enjoyed by many people who don't want to dedicate hundreds of hours to get ok at a character.

    The ONLY time this has ever been the case was in 2017 before SWF got added. Other than that survivors have always had an edge over killers and had to continuedly get nerfed just for more than 1-2 killers to kind of compete. Which right now is almost in a better spot. If they touch up on some map sizes, perks, killers etc. they can at least make the game enjoyable to play for more than 3 killers.

  • Sadly you're right. M1 killers must resort to camping to get kills against average and above survivors. This doesn't even work against strong survivors teams with BT and skillful body blocks.

    The only exception is play styles. If there is a super aggressive swf or an overly-altruistic team, you can capitalize on them if you choose your chases carefully.

    For example, last night i was playing demo. in the lobby I didn't notice anything unusual until the 3 person swap at 6 seconds. All 4 of them had flash lights. The macro flashlights started less than 30 seconds in. So i setup a few portals to start the game and chose to only chase the survivors around pallets i wanted to get rid of. B/c they were a super aggressive team, once i downed someone 2 others would show up nearby trying to get the flashlight save. I let the downed survivor bleed some b/c i knew i couldn't pick them up safely. Took the time to injure one or two of the others. Rinse repeat really. I didn't get a hook until like 5 minutes in but b/c they played super unsafe they did 2 gens early but no more. The rest of the game the whole team was around me trying to pickup teammates and get flashlight saves.

    In the end i was able to 4k. I'm on console so no chat but none of the DC'd so i think they had their fun. 1 of them clearly gave up when i had the other 3 on the ground and all their unbreakables had been used. I will honestly say this isn't my typical run in with a swf macro light squad. My point is just to say adjust your playstyle as killer and who cares what the survivors say in the end. I'm here to pip.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    The irony is that they keep killers down with "but soloq, but new players" completely neglecting the fact that the game is going on 6 years old and the average skill of the community is rising. They also like to pretend that soloq is basically playing a helpless baby thats unable to do anything but march onto a hook and die. Nearly all my hours playing survivor are soloQ and I can easily escape, even 3-4E easily most games.

    Last night I was doing a Dwight daily and faced a Artist, she was good she knew how to place her crows and how to use them effectively, but when it came down to chases a simple 360 spin and it forced her to miss 98% of her swings at me.....I only got down d once and hooked because I got clipped on a price of tree. I'm no where near a good or great survivor I'm more mediocre but that little skill was enough to loop her for 2 gens before getting downed.....we also have to take I to account Killers are forced into a first person perspective while survivors have a third person one allowing survivors some play with the camera. Now perks do play a important role and I agree that Survivor perks should totally negate whole Killers abilities. Remember how Rancor worked with IW.....and they changed it because they said that's not how it's supposed to work....

  • Not a single person uses calm spirit unironically

    Wait the 7 second timer

    Don't tunnel

    Most killers don't even skug and even if they do they can only pop the perk once.

    The rest you actually have a point

  • @NOEDENJOYER said:

    I don't think it's a case of the survivors overpowering the killer, but more of a case that they simply have too many defences to get through that it becomes difficult to achieve anything as a standard M1 killer.

    If you think about it:

    -You need to close the distance, which involves both sides holding W.

    -They begin to loop, and a lot of maps have too many safe pallets.

    -Once you get past the safe pallets, you need to burn their exhaustion perk (namely dead hard) which often means a small reset in the chase

    -Get the down, now you spend another 10-15 seconds to hook them.

    -If you even think about going after them relatively soon after being hooked, you get cucked by Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, Unbreakable. And if you leave them for too long, they heal themselves within Circle of Healing.

    It takes LITERAL MINUTES to down a survivor as a standard M1 killer, it's obnoxious. Survivors have a perk to counter every single strategy that the killer has to try to win the game. Tunnelling? DS. Camping? BT, Kinship, do gens. Slugging? UB, Exponential. Hit & run? Circle of Healing. Chase? Dead Hard x4

    No wonder Nurse/Blight are the strongest because they literally do not care about any of the things above.

    That makes a lot of sense. I forgot to include Spine Chill and resilience for extreme loopers who want to vault faster than normal so if you include that to your context, you got a really nice 5 gen looping strat!

  • They need to remember that the base game is a bit messed up...

    Base regression being so low means that perks are needed

    Maps being so big means that Corrupt is needed

    Loops are a thing so Bloodlust is a thing (that's just a loose connection I know)

    BP gains are so low that multiple games are needed (and a perk per side plus offerings)

    Gens can be done in less then 80 Seconds by hitting Great skill checks and/or having multiple Survivors on a Gen

    Skill checks are more present in the game then ever before (and perks to cover ones mistakes)

    Oh and the fact missed Gen repair skill checks don't make the Gen regress if the Survivor leaves needs to be a thing (IMO)

    Deep Wounds being a joke but present in two Killer's power's

    And the ever present Killer power cooldowns (Legion and Nurse are the biggest examples)