Are pallets broken again?

I havent played survivor for a while.

Just noticed I cant stun killers as usually anymore. Even if they stay literally in front of a pallet, I dont get a stun. Same goes for pallet saves

Comments

  • Name a time when pallets worked.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Name a time when pallets worked.

    Well they worked ok on my Meyers’ head last night. 🤷‍♂️

  • I've had the opposite as Killer, getting stunned when I'm not even close to the Pallet

  • I’ve been noticing the same as well. As have others.

  • I’ve gotten stunned plenty. In in 90% of the maps, there is a ######### ton.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    I havent played survivor for a while.

    Just noticed I cant stun killers as usually anymore. Even if they stay literally in front of a pallet, I dont get a stun. Same goes for pallet saves

    Good news. Pallets are fine , and there are now millions of them on each map so you should be ok.

  • For real. While they are an essential resource for survivors, they are by ni means rare and you can literally not turn a f-ing corner without pumping into one.

    Getting rid of them feels like a chore, and getting smacked in the face seldom feels like the survivors outplayed you, most of the time it's just a requirement to go through, and if you are unlucky they just pay homage to the "hold W meta" and run off to the next.

    Maps like The Game feel night unplayable at times.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/310219/are-pallets-broken-again

    Good news. Pallets are fine , and there are now millions of them on each map so you should be ok.

    tfw there's literally the lowest amount of pallets on each map in dbd's history (counting since a map has been reworked, or in the case of a map that hasn't been reworked, since it's release).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807271#Comment_2807271

    tfw there's literally the lowest amount of pallets on each map in dbd's history (counting since a map has been reworked, or in the case of a map that hasn't been reworked, since it's release).


  • Oh.. great another bug that benefits killers...

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807280#Comment_2807280

    Proof or it didn't happen.

    I haven't done an inventory but it's ridiculous how a survivor on any map can drop a pallet, and be at the next pallet way before the killer can get close. And can do that with 9 or 10 pallets in a row (by which point you're lucky if only 3 gens have popped).

    No offence but I simply don't believe you.

    Played a match on rotten fields last night. After being chased twice and only found two maps, decided to just wastebtime and go around the map and count all the pallets.

    There were exactly 5, shack and cow tree included.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807283#Comment_2807283

    Played a match on rotten fields last night. After being chased twice and only found two maps, decided to just wastebtime and go around the map and count all the pallets.

    There were exactly 5, shack and cow tree included.

    That can't be right.

  • Sure can't be. Had a 2 man swf meant to run the killer. They had WOO. All of us died, and in end game chat they were angry at the amount of pallets. They said they counted up 5, just like me.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807307#Comment_2807307

    Sure can't be. Had a 2 man swf meant to run the killer. They had WOO. All of us died, and in end game chat they were angry at the amount of pallets. They said they counted up 5, just like me.

    Unlucky, you got a bugged map on that occasion.

  • Bugged or not, it wasn't fun. We had shack, a jungle gym that got used early on, cow tree on the other side of the map and a jungle gym next to a haystack loop on the other side.

  • Yeah, that sounds bugged. Whenever I play killer, which is about 70% of my game time, I get smacked in the face 5 times during the first chase, if I am unlucky.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Yeah, that sounds bugged. Whenever I play killer, which is about 70% of my game time, I get smacked in the face 5 times during the first chase, if I am unlucky.

    Lol same here.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807280#Comment_2807280

    Proof or it didn't happen.

    I haven't done an inventory but it's ridiculous how a survivor on any map can drop a pallet, and be at the next pallet way before the killer can get close. And can do that with 9 or 10 pallets in a row (by which point you're lucky if only 3 gens have popped).

    No offence but I simply don't believe you.

    DBD patch 1.3.0, released 6th December 2016, reduced the number of pallets that could spawn on a map, as well as increased the hook spawns.

    DBD patch 1.4.0, released offically 13th February 2017, reduced the number of pallets that could spawn on The Pale Rose map and Autohaven Wreckers realms.

    DBD patch 1.5.1, released 11th May 2017, added a minimum spawning distance between pallets + adjusted overall spawn logic.

    DBD patch 1.9.0, released 23rd January 2018, reduced the pallets that can spawn on the Badham Preschool map (old version). Also removed double pallet spawns. Also added procedural generation limits to ensure a minimum/maximum pallet quota is reached each game. Also increased minimum spawning distance between pallets from 8m to 10m.

    DBD patch 2.0.0 (PTB), released 29th May 2018, reduced the length of generic tiles on Autohaven Wreckers/Macmillain Estate/Coldwind Farm maps. Not a direct change to pallet count but it made them weaker. Also removed a pallet from the Badham Preschool map (old). Also fixed an issue on The Pale Rose map causing too many pallets to spawn.

    Old version of Badham, however this guaranteed 2 pallets spawn in the Preschool remains true to this day.

    All of these changes were carried to live on 12th June 2018. Also in the official release of patch 2.0.0, The Game, Lerys Memorial Institute, and Badham Preschool had their pallet counts made more procedural and thus overall count reduced to make a fairer distribution.

    DBD patch 2.2.0, released 18th September 2018, reduced the pallets that can spawn on Mother's Dwelling. Also reduced amount of pallets that can spawn on Torment Creek.

    DBD patch 2.3.0, released 16th October 2018, increased minimum pallet spawning distance to 14m, 16m, 18m, or 20m (map dependent).

    DBD patch 2.6.0, released 19th March 2018, increased global minimum pallet spawns to 8 for better consistence.

    While that was my bad- as this was a buff to pallet counts- it's worth noting that for the minimum number to be below 8 was incredibly rare, occuring only really on Backwater Swamp maps. Also worth noting all other changes so far have been nerfs to pallet counts + spawns.

    DBD patch 3.1.0, released 29th July 2019, reduced overall pallet safety + increased numbers of pallets on Badham Preschool (old). Also reduced minimum pallet spawn distance to 8m on this map.

    Yes, they increased pallet numbers, but that's old Badham- this pallet spawn logic carried over to the reworked map, which if you check my original comment is what I was basing the statement off of.

    DBD patch 3.2.0, released 17th September 2019, reduced pallet count + adjusted loop strength on Hawkins National Laboratory (RIP).

    DBD patch 3.5.0, released 21st January 2020, increased pallet count + reduced overall pallet safety on Treatment Theater.

    Again, this is still not the updated version of Lerys, so my point still stands.

    DBD patch 3.5.1, released 28th January 2020, made no impact to pallet spawns however slightly increased pallet strength in some rooms on Treatment Theater due to severely reducing strength of some window vaults.

    DBD patch 3.7.0, released 28th April 2020, severely weakened strength of most main building window spawns (old "god loops"). Also reduced inside pallet count of Disturbed Ward to 2.

    Since then, there have been no overall large changes to pallet counts or overall spawn logic. Any changes made to old versions of maps, such as Badham Preschool or Disturbed Ward, carried over into their updated states, with a few exceptions. Mount Ormond Resort got the Badham Preschool treatment, in that pallet safety was dramatically reduced, and in return pallet count was increased. The Game is the only outlier, in that it's update changed the minimum number of spawnable pallets from 15 to 20.


    So, yeah- with the exception of around 2 changes, out of that entire list, my point still stands.

    Source: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Patches

    Yes, I looked through every mention of the word "pallet" from DBD patch 1.1.0b, released 19th August 2016.

    Hope this helps prove my point that pallet counts have been drastically reduced and we're living in the time of the fewest pallets on each map, starting the count from the time they were reworked as part of the "Realm Beyond" initiative.

  • Not quite the same issue but I've noticed recently that the prompt to drop pallets has become a tiny bit inconsistent. Happens very rarely, but sometimes the prompt just won't appear (despite being in the pallet range) and you'll stand there like a numpty spamming space whilst the killer lunges at you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807283#Comment_2807283

    DBD patch 1.3.0, released 6th December 2016, reduced the number of pallets that could spawn on a map, as well as increased the hook spawns.

    DBD patch 1.4.0, released offically 13th February 2017, reduced the number of pallets that could spawn on The Pale Rose map and Autohaven Wreckers realms.

    DBD patch 1.5.1, released 11th May 2017, added a minimum spawning distance between pallets + adjusted overall spawn logic.

    DBD patch 1.9.0, released 23rd January 2018, reduced the pallets that can spawn on the Badham Preschool map (old version). Also removed double pallet spawns. Also added procedural generation limits to ensure a minimum/maximum pallet quota is reached each game. Also increased minimum spawning distance between pallets from 8m to 10m.

    DBD patch 2.0.0 (PTB), released 29th May 2018, reduced the length of generic tiles on Autohaven Wreckers/Macmillain Estate/Coldwind Farm maps. Not a direct change to pallet count but it made them weaker. Also removed a pallet from the Badham Preschool map (old). Also fixed an issue on The Pale Rose map causing too many pallets to spawn.

    Old version of Badham, however this guaranteed 2 pallets spawn in the Preschool remains true to this day.

    All of these changes were carried to live on 12th June 2018. Also in the official release of patch 2.0.0, The Game, Lerys Memorial Institute, and Badham Preschool had their pallet counts made more procedural and thus overall count reduced to make a fairer distribution.

    DBD patch 2.2.0, released 18th September 2018, reduced the pallets that can spawn on Mother's Dwelling. Also reduced amount of pallets that can spawn on Torment Creek.

    DBD patch 2.3.0, released 16th October 2018, increased minimum pallet spawning distance to 14m, 16m, 18m, or 20m (map dependent).

    DBD patch 2.6.0, released 19th March 2018, increased global minimum pallet spawns to 8 for better consistence.

    While that was my bad- as this was a buff to pallet counts- it's worth noting that for the minimum number to be below 8 was incredibly rare, occuring only really on Backwater Swamp maps. Also worth noting all other changes so far have been nerfs to pallet counts + spawns.

    DBD patch 3.1.0, released 29th July 2019, reduced overall pallet safety + increased numbers of pallets on Badham Preschool (old). Also reduced minimum pallet spawn distance to 8m on this map.

    Yes, they increased pallet numbers, but that's old Badham- this pallet spawn logic carried over to the reworked map, which if you check my original comment is what I was basing the statement off of.

    DBD patch 3.2.0, released 17th September 2019, reduced pallet count + adjusted loop strength on Hawkins National Laboratory (RIP).

    DBD patch 3.5.0, released 21st January 2020, increased pallet count + reduced overall pallet safety on Treatment Theater.

    Again, this is still not the updated version of Lerys, so my point still stands.

    DBD patch 3.5.1, released 28th January 2020, made no impact to pallet spawns however slightly increased pallet strength in some rooms on Treatment Theater due to severely reducing strength of some window vaults.

    DBD patch 3.7.0, released 28th April 2020, severely weakened strength of most main building window spawns (old "god loops"). Also reduced inside pallet count of Disturbed Ward to 2.

    Since then, there have been no overall large changes to pallet counts or overall spawn logic. Any changes made to old versions of maps, such as Badham Preschool or Disturbed Ward, carried over into their updated states, with a few exceptions. Mount Ormond Resort got the Badham Preschool treatment, in that pallet safety was dramatically reduced, and in return pallet count was increased. The Game is the only outlier, in that it's update changed the minimum number of spawnable pallets from 15 to 20.

    So, yeah- with the exception of around 2 changes, out of that entire list, my point still stands.

    Source: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Patches

    Yes, I looked through every mention of the word "pallet" from DBD patch 1.1.0b, released 19th August 2016.

    Hope this helps prove my point that pallet counts have been drastically reduced and we're living in the time of the fewest pallets on each map, starting the count from the time they were reworked as part of the "Realm Beyond" initiative.

    Respectfully you need a TL:DR😂 It doesn't, because I'm not reading all that (and they've clearly added more without updating notes).

    What's the "net" pallet count change today, from day one, per the notes you found? If you can tell me that, I might believe you.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807335#Comment_2807335

    Respectfully you need a TL:DR😂 It doesn't, because I'm not reading all that (and they've clearly added more without updating notes).

    What's the "net" pallet count change today, from day one, per the notes you found? If you can tell me that, I might believe you.

    The "net" pallet count change depends on the map, and overall is difficult to say because pallet spawns are random and the exact number naturally isn't given because of that, however back in the good old days it would be commonplace for maps to have easily 20 pallets spawn. Now, the average is around 10-12, with 8 as a minimum across all maps, though some maps such as Badham Preschool and Ormond will spawn with more due to their strength being weaker than average.

    Also- you asked for proof. If you can't be bothered to read when proof is given then I cannot help you, nor can I realistically hold any form of debate with you. I know using your eyes is a difficult task, but try for me- okay sweetie? x

  • Were you specifically trying to pallet save? If so then you need to wait for the killer to completely pick up the survivor and recover from the animation to stun them, if you do it too early it would have no effect.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807345#Comment_2807345

    The "net" pallet count change depends on the map, and overall is difficult to say because pallet spawns are random and the exact number naturally isn't given because of that, however back in the good old days it would be commonplace for maps to have easily 20 pallets spawn. Now, the average is around 10-12, with 8 as a minimum across all maps, though some maps such as Badham Preschool and Ormond will spawn with more due to their strength being weaker than average.

    Also- you asked for proof. If you can't be bothered to read when proof is given then I cannot help you, nor can I realistically hold any form of debate with you. I know using your eyes is a difficult task, but try for me- okay sweetie? x

    Well I know there are a ton of pallets now. More than there have ever been since I've been playing the game.

    You were the one so desperate to change my opinion. So you could have at least done a better job of trying. The fact you chose to resort to insults and being passive aggressive validates the fact I don't believe you.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807349#Comment_2807349

    Well I know there are a ton of pallets now. More than there have ever been since I've been playing the game.

    You were the one so desperate to change my opinion. So you could have at least done a better job of trying. The fact you chose to resort to insults and being passive aggressive validates the fact I don't believe you.

    Well I know there are a ton of pallets now. More than there have ever been since I've been playing the game.

    Respectfully- when did you begin playing the game? Because the proof is in the patch notes, and my own experience (as well as the experience of many others that have been playing since 2016/2017), that pallet counts have been reduced overall.

    And again- you're the one that couldn't be bothered to read when you explicitly asked for proof- if you cannot even do that, then there is no point continuing to debate.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807372#Comment_2807372

    Well I know there are a ton of pallets now. More than there have ever been since I've been playing the game.

    Respectfully- when did you begin playing the game? Because the proof is in the patch notes, and my own experience (as well as the experience of many others that have been playing since 2016/2017), that pallet counts have been reduced overall.

    And again- you're the one that couldn't be bothered to read when you explicitly asked for proof- if you cannot even do that, then there is no point continuing to debate.

    I've been playing probably around 3 years. I'd say 90% killer, 10% survivor over that time. Give or take.

    So, despite the fact you wanted to insult me and be passive aggressive, I did read your entire post. Without numbers there is no proof unfortunately. Certainly nothing that can override what I see and experience with my own eyes in the game. The last 6 months or so have been ridiculous for pallets.

    Appreciate how much you wanted to convince me, but unfortunately nothing you have written does. No hard feelings though. It's ok. Can't win em all.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807372#Comment_2807372

    Well I know there are a ton of pallets now. More than there have ever been since I've been playing the game.

    Respectfully- when did you begin playing the game? Because the proof is in the patch notes, and my own experience (as well as the experience of many others that have been playing since 2016/2017), that pallet counts have been reduced overall.

    And again- you're the one that couldn't be bothered to read when you explicitly asked for proof- if you cannot even do that, then there is no point continuing to debate.

    May I ask you a question? Feel free not to answer. I just ask you not be rude again.

    Would you say the killer experience is harder / worse now, than say 1 year ago? Curious to known your thoughts. I have no idea how much you play on either side.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807380#Comment_2807380

    May I ask you a question? Feel free nontoxic answer.

    Would you say the killer experience is harder / worse now, than say 1 year ago? Curious to known your thoughts. I have no idea how much you play on either side.

    Than 1 year ago? This puts us roughly Feb 2021- a year on from the dreaded ruin change, with toolboxes having mercifully been gone afterwards but good lord did they overstay their welcome.

    I'm not sure- it's entirely perk + killer dependent. If you're a Ruin, Undying, Pain Resonance, Tinkerer Blight w/ Alchemist's Ring + Blighted Crow/Adrenaline Vial, I'd say it's definitely easier than a year ago now that Boil Over has been taken away and COH has received a minor slap on the wrist (though it definitely needs further nerfs, that's for sure). If you're a Sloppy Butcher, Pop Goes The Weasel, Corrupt Intervention, Save The Best For Last Wraith, however, it would absolutely be harder because COH showed up to give you the finger.

    Nurse definitely got easier, since you no longer have to fight the game and the survivors. Spirit, though, got harder thanks to her nerfs. It all depends on that front.

    So, if we take a perkless team of Survivors and a perkless- what's a good baseline killer, Freddy I guess? Perkless Survivors vs Perkless Freddy, I'd say harder overall slightly, because:

    • Validation has helped eliminate advantages gained through high ping/accidental lag spikes
    • Grabs still refuse to function
    • RPD, as a map, exists (sadly The Game update had already happened at this point)
    • The Australian W-Key Meta has finally found it's foothold in NA/EU servers too, sadly
    • Survivors, overall, have just gotten better


    TL;DR it's very perk + killer dependent on if it's easier/harder but if we take 4x perkless survivors vs 1x perkless average killer (freddy, imo) then it's probably harder because w-key meta, validation, overall improvements to survivors, and RPD.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807404#Comment_2807404

    Than 1 year ago? This puts us roughly Feb 2021- a year on from the dreaded ruin change, with toolboxes having mercifully been gone afterwards but good lord did they overstay their welcome.

    I'm not sure- it's entirely perk + killer dependent. If you're a Ruin, Undying, Pain Resonance, Tinkerer Blight w/ Alchemist's Ring + Blighted Crow/Adrenaline Vial, I'd say it's definitely easier than a year ago now that Boil Over has been taken away and COH has received a minor slap on the wrist (though it definitely needs further nerfs, that's for sure). If you're a Sloppy Butcher, Pop Goes The Weasel, Corrupt Intervention, Save The Best For Last Wraith, however, it would absolutely be harder because COH showed up to give you the finger.

    Nurse definitely got easier, since you no longer have to fight the game and the survivors. Spirit, though, got harder thanks to her nerfs. It all depends on that front.

    So, if we take a perkless team of Survivors and a perkless- what's a good baseline killer, Freddy I guess? Perkless Survivors vs Perkless Freddy, I'd say harder overall slightly, because:

    • Validation has helped eliminate advantages gained through high ping/accidental lag spikes
    • Grabs still refuse to function
    • RPD, as a map, exists (sadly The Game update had already happened at this point)
    • The Australian W-Key Meta has finally found it's foothold in NA/EU servers too, sadly
    • Survivors, overall, have just gotten better

    TL;DR it's very perk + killer dependent on if it's easier/harder but if we take 4x perkless survivors vs 1x perkless average killer (freddy, imo) then it's probably harder because w-key meta, validation, overall improvements to survivors, and RPD.

    Fair points and an enjoyable read. I would agree on the point with ruin / Undying, but you're lucky if both hexes last more than a couple of minutes and 1 down/hook.

    Then you're back in trouble with just 2 perks. And given how easy it is to loop and avoid the killer, it just at best delays the inevitable.

    On Nurse and Blight. Maybe I need to practice more with those. I find their powers so hard to make useful, and ever game I've been I'm Instantly put in with God level red ranks. But maybe they are the only viable killer and I need to practice with them more.

    So, not sure we agree with each other, but good discussion, thanks.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Not quite the same issue but I've noticed recently that the prompt to drop pallets has become a tiny bit inconsistent. Happens very rarely, but sometimes the prompt just won't appear (despite being in the pallet range) and you'll stand there like a numpty spamming space whilst the killer lunges at you.

    Bruh.. i get this and it is frustrating. The last time it happened was when i was going for a pallet save and i just stood there until the killer walked through the pallet, hit me (still spamming space) and walked out of range, before it let me drop it.