Things I think are bad choices for DBD

1.Springtrap (super lame)

2.Jack Torrence (lame)

3.Leslie Vernon (extra lame)

4.Patrick Bateman (too human)

5.Psycho would be cool

6.Hatchet (please don't)

7.Predator (nope)

8. Leprechaun (bruh) Worst than Chucky just cringey the first 3 movies we're good but nah

I mean Bhrv does what it want's this is just my opinion

Comments

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807157#Comment_2807157

    Because it's silly, it's cartoonish.His lore isn't tragic ,it's quite awful and doesn't make sense.

    Other people have given more a better reasons most talk about the political standpoint.

    This is also more for about Fnaf taking the spot of a really good license that could get missed.There not going to keep adding licenses they've already stated that and the great classic's should be first pick.

    Surely you could argue that a lot of lore is silly if you look at it with a bad-faith lens?

    A guy wearing a Halloween mask and holding a knife doesn't sound particularly scary. A guy with pins sticking out of his face sounds downright comical. A lady wearing a pig's head like a mask just sounds impractical.

    I'd certainly agree there are some licenses that should happen before FNaF, especially if there really is a limited number of slots, but people don't often argue that point. They argue that FNaF wouldn't fit period, and that's just not true.

  • @Aurelle said:

    I only know Springtrap, Jack Torrence, Psycho, Predator, and Leprechaun.

    Springtrap wouldn't fit into this game. Jack is just a normal dude so he wouldn't really fit, either. I don't know much about Psycho, so no opinion there. Predator I'm unsure about. And Leprechaun is a big no since it's more of a cringey horror comedy than true horror.

    Also you are a Horror queen ๐Ÿ‘Œ

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807171#Comment_2807171

    Surely you could argue that a lot of lore is silly if you look at it with a bad-faith lens?

    A guy wearing a Halloween mask and holding a knife doesn't sound particularly scary. A guy with pins sticking out of his face sounds downright comical. A lady wearing a pig's head like a mask just sounds impractical.

    I'd certainly agree there are some licenses that should happen before FNaF, especially if there really is a limited number of slots, but people don't often argue that point. They argue that FNaF wouldn't fit period, and that's just not true.

    I wouldn't mind a modern horror but it has to be a good one.Slenderman would be a great choice over Springtrap.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807178#Comment_2807178

    I wouldn't mind a modern horror but it has to be a good one.Slenderman would be a great choice over Springtrap.

    Is it really just that you don't like FNaF, is that it?

    I guess I can respect that, but I was hoping there was something more there. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, no shade.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806889#Comment_2806889

    Iconic as Resident Evil and Silent Hill are you absolutely kidding me.Fnaf only has a strong fanbase for those people who like him everyone else who isn't 12 hates him abhorrently hates like some people look at him and say ok now I know horror is dead

    Iconic as Resident Evil and Silent Hill tho.

    Everyone else who isn't 12 hates him ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that's just an exaggeration mate.

    I still maintain that the series will become iconic. The movie that is being made will have a massive impact on if it's a horror gaming icon, or a horror icon.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807186#Comment_2807186

    Is it really just that you don't like FNaF, is that it?

    I guess I can respect that, but I was hoping there was something more there. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, no shade.

    Nope I just don't like him I don't have a problem with the community or whatever reason people are into furry stuff. That's why I suggested Frank for an alternative to suit whatever lifestyle it is but there's the modern horror game list Bloody Disgusting is a great reference for horror and knows there sh

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807071#Comment_2807071

    Everyone else who isn't 12 hates him ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that's just an exaggeration mate.

    I still maintain that the series will become iconic. The movie that is being made will have a massive impact on if it's a horror gaming icon, or a horror icon.

    Didn't they make a Fnaf movie and people hated it.

  • Seeing a animatronic running around in DBD just seems really silly to me.

    Thanks. I'm a huge horror fan, so... yeah. XD

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806800#Comment_2806800

    Well, as far as video games go Silent Hill beat Resident Evil to the punch on that one.

    And Left 4 Dead beat Silent Hill to it.

  • @Aurelle said:

    I only know Springtrap, Jack Torrence, Psycho, Predator, and Leprechaun.

    Springtrap wouldn't fit into this game. Jack is just a normal dude so he wouldn't really fit, either. I don't know much about Psycho, so no opinion there. Predator I'm unsure about. And Leprechaun is a big no since it's more of a cringey horror comedy than true horror.

    Also you are a horror Queen.

  • No I'm pretty sure it's still in development

  • The banana splits movie isn't that the same thing

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    1.Springtrap (super lame)

    2.Jack Torrence (lame)

    3.Leslie Vernon (extra lame)

    4.Patrick Bateman (too human)

    5.Psycho would be cool

    6.Hatchet (please don't)

    7.Predator (nope)

    8. Leprechaun (bruh) Worst than Chucky just cringey the first 3 movies we're good but nah

    I mean Bhrv does what it want's this is just my opinion

    The problem with any "iconic" killer is they are traditional these unstoppable powerful juggernauts.

    Unfortunately dbd turns them all into impotent caricatures, prone to being easily stunned by wood and torches.

    So killers like Nemesis, PinHead, Michael Myers, Freddy, and Pyramid Head become shadows of their origin, and a joke.

    Take this ring chapter? Seems cool until you realise they have to make the killer a poundshop betamax version of the original in the name of "ahem" ""balance"".

  • I don't know I, look at DBD as a homage to horror classic new or modern.For me Springtrap just doesn't say classic

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/310192/things-i-think-are-bad-choices-for-dbd

    The problem with any "iconic" killer is they are traditional these unstoppable powerful juggernauts.

    Unfortunately dbd turns them all into impotent caricatures, prone to being easily stunned by wood and torches.

    So killers like Nemesis, PinHead, Michael Myers, Freddy, and Pyramid Head become shadows of their origin, and a joke.

    Take this ring chapter? Seems cool until you realise they have to make the killer a poundshop betamax version of the original in the name of "ahem" ""balance"".

    That ######### does suck ,Imagine the statist faction in beating the really strong character and the best player with that character instead of using exploits to win against the nerfs.Then you can call yourself the best survivor but know it takes about 2.5 secs to drop my sword so the survivor can vault 3 times in my face flashlight stun me and t bag wowee such fun.

  • @Aurelle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807176#Comment_2807176

    Seeing a animatronic running around in DBD just seems really silly to me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807181#Comment_2807181

    Thanks. I'm a huge horror fan, so... yeah. XD

    The animatronic could be scary but it's just Springtrap they could make their own original animatronic with a better backstory (not my idea btw)

  • It just doesn't make sense to give Springtrap a license spot.They could have waited for the Ghostface chapter until they got the actual license for a full Scream chapter.I don't really have an idea did who could have filled that anniversary spot but yeah that could have been done.Springtrap does not deserve the license spot.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807079#Comment_2807079

    You're absolutely right but there's tons of modern horror games that's better than Fnaf Outlast is the perfect example of that

    You guy's can't fool me you are kids and that is a kids game 18 or 19 but you're still a kid but most of you are younger than that

    But you make really good arguments somehow

    I am 27 married for 4 and have a daughter and just recently got into fnaf lore and I really enjoyed it. I never played one of the games cause I'm not a jumps care fan but boy oh boy aren't you an entitled little brat. We have much room for discussion here and every one can and should voice there own opinions but sitting there and act like you are the guy who decides age limits to liking stuff is just ridiculous. If all you sound like a 19 year old saying you can't play pokรฉmon caus that's for kids

  • I could agree that Jack Torrence himself probably wouldn't make for an incredibly interesting DbD killer (besides adding one who wields a fire axe, which we don't have yet), but the Overlook Hotel would be a pretty cool set piece for a map.

    Heck, they could even just add a few extra maps to the Ormond realm inspired by the hotel and its outdoor maze.

  • Chucky needs to come tbh, one of the biggest licenses left, next to Jason and Pennywise

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806794#Comment_2806794

    FNAF is a pure jumpscare generator with zero substantive psychological horror elements. I resent it like I resent movies that lean only on jumpscares for their "horror". And though Springtrap is the least so, all the killers therein are cartoonish and virtually impossible to take seriously on their own merit.

    Given the primary demographic for DBD are adolescents, and many of them were fans of FNAF when they were kids, it's understandable they they view the games and its characters through a nostalgic lens, and as better and deeper than they actually were. Kind of like gen X'ers and Star Wars (let's see how many people I can piss off, lol).

    DBD bringing in FNAF would be like the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover, or putting Goosebumps in a compilation of the masters of horror. Selling off the last vestiges of your dignity in the name of broadening your audience.

    JMHO.

    It amazes me how people care so much to justify dbd not getting a massive new player base because... They hate said franchise SO much.

    There are more important things in the world to have such passionate feelings about ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    The longevity of the game is more important than your personal feelings about FNAF lmao

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    1.Springtrap (super lame)

    2.Jack Torrence (lame)

    3.Leslie Vernon (extra lame)

    4.Patrick Bateman (too human)

    5.Psycho would be cool

    6.Hatchet (please don't)

    7.Predator (nope)

    8. Leprechaun (bruh) Worst than Chucky just cringey the first 3 movies we're good but nah

    I mean Bhrv does what it want's this is just my opinion

    It feels like you are being very narrow minded and just labelling everything as lame because you don't like it. If implemented right all of these killers could be great additions to dbd that will bring in new players and hopefully interesting powers/mechanics, some more than others.

    I understand each one has their own fans/haters so either way someone will get upset if they are added/not added but they could all fit. As someone else has pointed out, dbd has evolved from just old time slashers to a hall of fame of horror so some of these franchises would fit.

  • Patrick Bateman couldn't work. He doesn't have a "signature style" and is literally an insane person. Especially if he were to be based off his movie adaptation.

  • To give more justification to why springtrap is garbage to include.

    Scott Cawthorn the creator of FnaF is a far right conservative and christian fundimentalist who donates a LOT of money to similar church groups who activly work to erase political protections for minority groups, such as lgbtq+ people. He is a horrible person and including his stuff in this game would just give him more attention and funnel him more money.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    I just looked at Bloody Disgustings top 25 modern horror 2000 to 2021 basically

    Fnaf is not there

    Soma is there

    Bloodborne is there and Outlast,Evil With in etc.

    Bioshock actually needs to be there but it probably a typo.

    I'd honestly ADORE a Bloodborne chaper. Killer could be Father Gascoigne, a human that has his axe, but his power could be the beast transformation, giving him some new abilities (similar to the oni but just not giving it billy's skill set)

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807089#Comment_2807089

    I am 27 married for 4 and have a daughter and just recently got into fnaf lore and I really enjoyed it. I never played one of the games cause I'm not a jumps care fan but boy oh boy aren't you an entitled little brat. We have much room for discussion here and every one can and should voice there own opinions but sitting there and act like you are the guy who decides age limits to liking stuff is just ridiculous. If all you sound like a 19 year old saying you can't play pokรฉmon caus that's for kids

    Oh boy did you jump of your high horse today

    Fnaf Springtrap is not an icon only to his fan base so you *sat* down for 2 hours and pressed the close and off button for two hours and it was so thrilling ๐Ÿ‘so yeah give Springtrap the license spot over Jason or Pennywise or Candyman he deserves it you're right it's so thrilling *It* had everyone captivated from it's endless jumpscares.

  • @CrashMADDS13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806829#Comment_2806829

    It amazes me how people care so much to justify dbd not getting a massive new player base because... They hate said franchise SO much.

    There are more important things in the world to have such passionate feelings about ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    The longevity of the game is more important than your personal feelings about FNAF lmao

    But this is our politics or war we're fighting

  • @Smeagolthevile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807099#Comment_2807099

    I'd honestly ADORE a Bloodborne chaper. Killer could be Father Gascoigne, a human that has his axe, but his power could be the beast transformation, giving him some new abilities (similar to the oni but just not giving it billy's skill set)

    Whatever y'all like except for Fnaf

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807089#Comment_2807089

    I am 27 married for 4 and have a daughter and just recently got into fnaf lore and I really enjoyed it. I never played one of the games cause I'm not a jumps care fan but boy oh boy aren't you an entitled little brat. We have much room for discussion here and every one can and should voice there own opinions but sitting there and act like you are the guy who decides age limits to liking stuff is just ridiculous. If all you sound like a 19 year old saying you can't play pokรฉmon caus that's for kids


    I would actually play pokemon that's not my point and it never was I simply stated the age difference in the fan base the argument Fnaf commonly use is the fan base has grown up in 5 years so yeah age plays a big part but that not my argument it's part of it.

    There are tons of great modern horror games that deserve that spot in the roster but your ego want allow you all to admit this.If you want to run around and think Fnaf is iconic go ahead please,but when we miss out on the could've you'll have Springtrap moring you with ######### cartoonish expression

    And you're probably 16 and never touched grass.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806794#Comment_2806794

    FNAF is a pure jumpscare generator with zero substantive psychological horror elements. I resent it like I resent movies that lean only on jumpscares for their "horror". And though Springtrap is the least so, all the killers therein are cartoonish and virtually impossible to take seriously on their own merit.

    Given the primary demographic for DBD are adolescents, and many of them were fans of FNAF when they were kids, it's understandable they they view the games and its characters through a nostalgic lens, and as better and deeper than they actually were. Kind of like gen X'ers and Star Wars (let's see how many people I can piss off, lol).

    DBD bringing in FNAF would be like the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover, or putting Goosebumps in a compilation of the masters of horror. Selling off the last vestiges of your dignity in the name of broadening your audience.

    JMHO.

    Well clearly you never actually played a fnaf game if you say it has zero elements besides jumpscares. I think we all dont really care about the jumpscares, its more so the buildup. None of them look cartoony (besides fnaf world obviously) and springtrap is the definition of a dbd killer. He is a murderer that had something really ######### up happen to him and now he is forever stuck in this world. Thats literally perfect for dbd. And also people say he doesnt fit in the gane while we have trickster, mr. Puddles, and even Christmas skins. And if he was in dbd i will garuntee that jumpscares wouldnt be apart of him at all because that would be stupid.

  • @ryseterion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806829#Comment_2806829

    Well clearly you never actually played a fnaf game if you say it has zero elements besides jumpscares. I think we all dont really care about the jumpscares, its more so the buildup. None of them look cartoony (besides fnaf world obviously) and springtrap is the definition of a dbd killer. He is a murderer that had something really ######### up happen to him and now he is forever stuck in this world. Thats literally perfect for dbd. And also people say he doesnt fit in the gane while we have trickster, mr. Puddles, and even Christmas skins. And if he was in dbd i will garuntee that jumpscares wouldnt be apart of him at all because that would be stupid.

    Skins are not a full killer, so people citing Mr. Puddles and the Legion mascot skins as examples to justify Springtrap is a big swing and a miss.

    And yes, I am busted, I never played much FNAF. But I have seen all of the games played through (except the new one, which is by all accounts a steaming pile), and been subjected to more Markiplier fnaf vids than anyone should ever have to be. So I am familiar.

    One common trap people fall into is the inability to wrap their head around the notion that someone could be familiar with a thing that they love, but hate it. Believe it or not, but people can know a ton about fnaf and still not be able to take it seriously.

    A what constitutes "deep" is subjective, and I think fnaf is as deep as the kiddie pool. I promise you that what seems deep or profound changes as you age, though that can get clouded by nostalgia (see Star Wars).

    But if Springtrap ends up in the game, I'll live. I won't buy him, and will actively cringe when I go against him, but I'll keep on keeping on.

    My opposition is mostly based in my belief that there are many, many more deserving options out there.

    But trying to set my biases aside, I just don't think it will happen, for reasons outside of those argued about here.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807950#Comment_2807950

    Skins are not a full killer, so people citing Mr. Puddles and the Legion mascot skins as examples to justify Springtrap is a big swing and a miss.

    And yes, I am busted, I never played much FNAF. But I have seen all of the games played through (except the new one, which is by all accounts a steaming pile), and been subjected to more Markiplier fnaf vids than anyone should ever have to be. So I am familiar.

    One common trap people fall into is the inability to wrap their head around the notion that someone could be familiar with a thing that they love, but hate it. Believe it or not, but people can know a ton about fnaf and still not be able to take it seriously.

    A what constitutes "deep" is subjective, and I think fnaf is as deep as the kiddie pool. I promise you that what seems deep or profound changes as you age, though that can get clouded by nostalgia (see Star Wars).

    But if Springtrap ends up in the game, I'll live. I won't buy him, and will actively cringe when I go against him, but I'll keep on keeping on.

    My opposition is mostly based in my belief that there are many, many more deserving options out there.

    But trying to set my biases aside, I just don't think it will happen, for reasons outside of those argued about here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQHyBeFqrA
    • "Body is 1 character too short."


  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807499#Comment_2807499

    I would actually play pokemon that's not my point and it never was I simply stated the age difference in the fan base the argument Fnaf commonly use is the fan base has grown up in 5 years so yeah age plays a big part but that not my argument it's part of it.

    There are tons of great modern horror games that deserve that spot in the roster but your ego want allow you all to admit this.If you want to run around and think Fnaf is iconic go ahead please,but when we miss out on the could've you'll have Springtrap moring you with ######### cartoonish expression

    And you're probably 16 and never touched grass.

    I never said fnaf deserves to be in Dbd more then any other ip I just don't think it's fair to brand fnaf as stuff for kids and to say adults can't like it i think every ip has the same right to get a place in Dbd and none is superior over the other just because one is older or some one thinks the horror is better. For me personally I am existing for ringu and if I had a say in it we would get alien asap and then it

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807905#Comment_2807905

    I never said fnaf deserves to be in Dbd more then any other ip I just don't think it's fair to brand fnaf as stuff for kids and to say adults can't like it i think every ip has the same right to get a place in Dbd and none is superior over the other just because one is older or some one thinks the horror is better. For me personally I am existing for ringu and if I had a say in it we would get alien asap and then it

    Nice we can agree on that but there's no denying that the game was aimed at a younger fan base only older streamers played it so they could get more subscribers.

    It's ok to enjoy something different but I can't agree that Fnaf is equal to Friday the 13th yeah people like different things,but there's a time to eat cereal and a time to eat spaghetti.

    It's just my opinion its6 not going to stop him from getting in or out.I don't or haven't made a judgment and said don't bring Fnaf because it's for kids I'm only pointing out facts and it's nothing wrong that you like the series,I just don't think it's worthy than other titles.

  • @CrashMADDS13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806829#Comment_2806829

    It amazes me how people care so much to justify dbd not getting a massive new player base because... They hate said franchise SO much.

    There are more important things in the world to have such passionate feelings about ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    The longevity of the game is more important than your personal feelings about FNAF lmao

    And active antagonism like this will keep them from ever accepting FNAF.

    A lot of people here don't like FNAF less because of the games and more because of the fans as when FNAF first came up as a suggestion people were generally accepting of it.

    But then when spring trap wasn't the next killer/anniversary killer FNAF fans lost their minds and began to spam both the forums(Not just this one) plus forum users. This caused a lot of people to not want FNAF.

    TLDR: FNAF fans have a long history of antagonizing the DbD playerbase that a lot of them just want FNAF gone.

  • Dude,you can't denied that fnaf is good for anniversary,fnaf is legend because is changed horror games and give us new generis,so many fnaf parody comes+dbd get a lot of money,bigger money than Jason and pennywise together+fnaf won tournament the most wanted license,fnaf beat Jason and alien,maybe they finally can scare some people with jumpscare,yea is silly but dbd can't scare people anymore,only 2016-17

  • @HorrorManiac said:

    Dude,you can't denied that fnaf is good for anniversary,fnaf is legend because is changed horror games and give us new generis,so many fnaf parody comes+dbd get a lot of money,bigger money than Jason and pennywise together+fnaf won tournament the most wanted license,fnaf beat Jason and alien,maybe they finally can scare some people with jumpscare,yea is silly but dbd can't scare people anymore,only 2016-17

    Yeah sure hope you guy's get Springtrap

  • I don't care who they add to the game,but fact that fnaf is good for money is true

1 2 โ€บ