Dead Man's Switch is ridiculous with no counterplay!

I haven't been this frustrated in a long time. I've played a few matches against this perk and it is simply way too strong and overpowered.

Scourge Hooks and Dead Man's Switch used together is broken together. There is no counterplay because the perk happens with no input from survivor and the killer is inevitably hooking survivors constantly and what happens is the killer is gifted constantly with 15 percent progress instantly removed and the survivor is unable to stop the regression due to Entity Claws. With BBQ, the killer can then be there before the claws are gone and so there is no way to prevent a gen going to 0 percent unless a random teammate comes along and touches it after a very long uncounterable delay. Why is this a thing???

This is not like Boil Over where it was used rarely to have a little benefit in a very few isolated locations, this perk is starting to be used constantly for unfair advantage every time it is used with no preconditions and that is bad. A huge advantage affecting every survivor in the match, preventing the objective from being done. Note that I say "prevent". This isn't about rewarding skill, hooking survivors is inevitable so the immense value of the perk is paramount and no way to avoid it. It is not fun to verse and there is no counterplay to it.

I don't know what needs to happen to this perk but it shouldn't affect the survivor every time they try to repair. I was affected by this perk 3 times in a row trying to repair generators and the entity stopped the gen and I lost 2 gens because of it in one match.

It already makes an overpowered anti-loop killer (Artist) even more overpowered and broken because she can basically force all gens into deadlock without any effort on her part.

Perks should not have that kind of unfair advantage. It needs a rework sooner than later. It's beyond broken.

Comments

  • This seems like it's a skill issue combined with your lack of knowledge on how the Perks work. DMS doesn't block the gen of you get on it, it blocks it if you get off of it. Let go of the gen before someone gets hooked so that PR can't kick you off, then get back on the gen. No more problem

  • @Sluzzy I definitely agree with your post. So funny how Boil Over lasted about a week but DMS is left untouched. And supposedly the survivor side is the side that whines for the most nerfs when the devs just literally nerfed COH for the 2nd time already.

  • I love how you did not forget to throw a BBQ in there

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790075#Comment_2790075

    At Dead Dawg Saloon, I have never successfully hid in a bush. Every killer cheats with bright Nvidia filters. So you can't hide. Perks need to be fair and balanced, not with this kind of unfairness. These kind of slowdown perks and perks that prevent doing the objective is too strong.


    If I can hide in a bush on Dead Dawg as Leon Kennedy in a blue cop uniform, you can figure it out.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790057#Comment_2790057

    That is not fair counterplay. The combo is too strong. 45 seconds is a long time to be unable to do the objective. Imagine if a survivor perk caused the killer to be unable to do anything for that long.

    You also can't hide in this game. Maps are too bright and sparsely populated.

    *Cough cough* repressed alliance

  • Gen can’t regress while entity blocked

  • Never had a problem with this perk combination so far. Only when Killers stack even more regression it becomes boring to play against because you first have to get ride of Ruin, then play around this perk. If they remove the fact that DMS can regress generators that are affected by Ruin then it would be no problem at all.

    Letting go when the hook happens,further repairing the generator after that and only letting go once the Killer comes for you is valid counterplay.

    And about hiding...how about you do not run when you try to hide? I know, funny concept but the Killer will see you if you run. You have to well...be more sneaky. I suggest using Fixated because that perk makes hiding quit easy. Even I can do it and I am a bad survivor.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    @Sluzzy I definitely agree with your post. So funny how Boil Over lasted about a week but DMS is left untouched. And supposedly the survivor side is the side that whines for the most nerfs when the devs just literally nerfed COH for the 2nd time already.

    Only been nerfed once. PTB nerfs/buffs don't count as the Perk hasn't been officially released yet. Still, CoH is the second most overpowered Perk and needs more nerfs/a whole rework

  • DMS needs nerf. Dumb slowdown on top of other slowdowns. For resident sleeper killers.

  • Somewhat agree. The timer could probably be reduced a bit and it’s straight up broken on artist but otherwise I’m fine with it

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790094#Comment_2790094

    I've never stopped being frustrated against Blight with crutch perks. I can't think of a perk combo to take in as survivor and like massively oppress the killer so much I know for certain I'll open the gates.

    The problem you and others are missing is that Scourge Hooks causes the gens to regress after exploding. If you ignore it, it will regress. If you touch it to stop it, it will get the Entity Claws. That is a lose lose situation.

    Blocked gens don’t regress. It’ll only be 15%

  • No obsession requirement. Every hook can now activate entity claws for 45 seconds. Assuming they let go of gens ofc. Killers are using SHPR to get at least one gen blocked for the 45 seconds but outside of that the gen is not blocked for long. Doc and Artist have other ways to get people off.....along with class photo freddy. Gens dont regress while blocked so not sure wat dude is talking about. Let go of gen before hook then hop back on.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790075#Comment_2790075

    At Dead Dawg Saloon, I have never successfully hid in a bush. Every killer cheats with bright Nvidia filters. So you can't hide. Perks need to be fair and balanced, not with this kind of unfairness. These kind of slowdown perks and perks that prevent doing the objective is too strong.

    Nvidia filters don't exist on ps3 lmao

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    DMS needs nerf. Dumb slowdown on top of other slowdowns. For resident sleeper killers.

    DMS can't stack with any other slowdown Perks aside from PR. If you're using any other slowdown Perks with DMS, you're wasting Perk slots

  • Omg sluzzy is back guys!?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790057#Comment_2790057

    That is not fair counterplay. The combo is too strong. 45 seconds is a long time to be unable to do the objective. Imagine if a survivor perk caused the killer to be unable to do anything for that long.

    You also can't hide in this game. Maps are too bright and sparsely populated.

    You mean like... Repressed Alliance?

    Oh and nice claim about Boil Over!

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790057#Comment_2790057

    That is not fair counterplay. The combo is too strong. 45 seconds is a long time to be unable to do the objective. Imagine if a survivor perk caused the killer to be unable to do anything for that long.

    You also can't hide in this game. Maps are too bright and sparsely populated.

    But you are able to do the objective. You just have to move to a different gen. The only time you've lost is the time you're wasting and waiting at that blocked generator. I do believe the Artist/DMS combo is a bit much but on any other killer, I don't think it's too strong.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790280#Comment_2790280

    No obsession requirement. Every hook can now activate entity claws for 45 seconds. Assuming they let go of gens ofc. Killers are using SHPR to get at least one gen blocked for the 45 seconds but outside of that the gen is not blocked for long. Doc and Artist have other ways to get people off.....along with class photo freddy. Gens dont regress while blocked so not sure wat dude is talking about. Let go of gen before hook then hop back on.

    Oh...that doesn't sound good. Though, I must ask, what is SHPR?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790888#Comment_2790888

    Oh...that doesn't sound good. Though, I must ask, what is SHPR?

    Scourge Hook Pain Resonance. Upon hooking a survivor on a scourge hook the generator with the most progress has 15% taken off. Any survivor repairing the gen screams.

  • regardless only get 1 gen blocked. Blocked gens don't regress so outside of the 3 killers I stated not very good. I have not used it but everyone claims they want Meta change.......but can't handle the change.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790556#Comment_2790556

    Only been nerfed once. PTB nerfs/buffs don't count as the Perk hasn't been officially released yet. Still, CoH is the second most overpowered Perk and needs more nerfs/a whole rework

    That doesn’t matter. It still got changed, and there’s still many complaints about it today even though it’s been nerfed. Like geez, what else do people want? If it goes down to actual self care speed or lower there’s not even a point of running it anymore because you can probably bring another perk that will do better such as botany knowledge and a Medkit.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790965#Comment_2790965

    regardless only get 1 gen blocked. Blocked gens don't regress so outside of the 3 killers I stated not very good. I have not used it but everyone claims they want Meta change.......but can't handle the change.

    When the change turns out to be annoying, it is WAY better to stick with the current meta. At least those are perks and tactics that people are used to and know how to counter.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790972#Comment_2790972

    When the change turns out to be annoying, it is WAY better to stick with the current meta. At least those are perks and tactics that people are used to and know how to counter.

    15% off a gen ain't #########. As for DMS all they have to do is let go before hook and get back on after hook. It's what they were doing to counter SHPR anyway.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790972#Comment_2790972

    When the change turns out to be annoying, it is WAY better to stick with the current meta. At least those are perks and tactics that people are used to and know how to counter.

    I have played against it few times so far in Solos 2 of the 3 being against Artist. First Artist we 4 outed, 2E/2K 2nd, and 3rd was a Pig who got 2 gens blocked toward the end (1 gen remaining) which allowed her a couple more hooks but 3 escaped in that game. You never know what Solos will bring but majority of time we lose it's not because of the killer it's because of your team (most blame the killer).

  • Here we go again. Guess some ppl prefer to get camped and tunneled. Both perks were just buffed, so enjoy them as they'll prob only last for 2-3 months. They'll nerf both perks again and take away the insentify for killers to actually leave the hook and going for more hooks over kills.


    We are BHVR, masters at bandaid fixes instead of working on the foundation and the root of all balance problems.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790814#Comment_2790814

    That doesn’t matter. It still got changed, and there’s still many complaints about it today even though it’s been nerfed. Like geez, what else do people want? If it goes down to actual self care speed or lower there’s not even a point of running it anymore because you can probably bring another perk that will do better such as botany knowledge and a Medkit.

    People are complaining because it neutered multiple Killers and a whole PLAYSTYLE. It didn't hurt a Killer or 2, it neutered a whole way of playing. I have no idea how it should get nerfed, but a Perk this strong should've never existed

  • @GeneralV said:

    DMS? Isn't that perk, like, atrociously bad?

    It has been changed recently to activate on any hooked survivor, not just the obsession, but it really isn't as powerful as OP makes it out to be, and there is counterplay to the combo

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790814#Comment_2790814

    That doesn’t matter. It still got changed, and there’s still many complaints about it today even though it’s been nerfed. Like geez, what else do people want? If it goes down to actual self care speed or lower there’s not even a point of running it anymore because you can probably bring another perk that will do better such as botany knowledge and a Medkit.

    To be fair, it went from an 8 second heal to a 10 second heal. Not a huge change.

    Botany knowledge doesn't give all 4 survivors in the match self heal and a healing speed increase, so even if the changes currently being tested on CoH stick, I highly doubt people will be running botany knowledge instead.

    Look at it this way. You think DMS is an issue, right? So what if the devs came out and decided that to "fix" it, they were changing from a 45 second window to a 43 second window. Would that make it so you never made a thread about DMS again?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2790974#Comment_2790974

    To be fair, it went from an 8 second heal to a 10 second heal. Not a huge change.

    Botany knowledge doesn't give all 4 survivors in the match self heal and a healing speed increase, so even if the changes currently being tested on CoH stick, I highly doubt people will be running botany knowledge instead.

    Look at it this way. You think DMS is an issue, right? So what if the devs came out and decided that to "fix" it, they were changing from a 45 second window to a 43 second window. Would that make it so you never made a thread about DMS again?

    I’m just saying, like it just makes no sense to want to nerf a perk again, technically speaking, as someone commented earlier, it did get balanced from the PTB version because the PTB version allowed stacking with healing perks which was ridiculously stupid. And then, the healing speed got reduced. Even if it was 2 seconds, this is the second time the perk has been altered. A 3rd change might just bury this perk into the ground. And what are you talking about? I haven’t even made a thread about that. Imma stop here cause if I talk about dead man’s switch and how busted it is it will probably be another huge paragraph.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791084#Comment_2791084

    I’m just saying, like it just makes no sense to want to nerf a perk again, technically speaking, as someone commented earlier, it did get balanced from the PTB version because the PTB version allowed stacking with healing perks which was ridiculously stupid. And then, the healing speed got reduced. Even if it was 2 seconds, this is the second time the perk has been altered. A 3rd change might just bury this perk into the ground. And what are you taking about? I haven’t even made a thread about that. Imma stop here cause if I talk about dead man’s switch and how busted it is it will probably be another huge paragraph.

    It makes sense that it got nerfed again, since it kinda made every other healing option not as good. Why run We'll make it when I can just use COH and get the same effect for as long as it stays up vs 90s and only after an unhook.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791084#Comment_2791084

    I’m just saying, like it just makes no sense to want to nerf a perk again, technically speaking, as someone commented earlier, it did get balanced from the PTB version because the PTB version allowed stacking with healing perks which was ridiculously stupid. And then, the healing speed got reduced. Even if it was 2 seconds, this is the second time the perk has been altered. A 3rd change might just bury this perk into the ground. And what are you taking about? I haven’t even made a thread about that. Imma stop here cause if I talk about dead man’s switch and how busted it is it will probably be another huge paragraph.

    So is there some sort of 2 rework limit in play? I've read this comment three times and still can't find the logic. Lots of perks get reworked, buffed, nerfed, whatever multiple times and still work great. Like DS for example. Again, if you are just counting how many times something has been changed, with no regard to what the changes did, I kind of feel like you are missing the point.

    Personally I think they should give the 2 seconds back to CoH, then limit it to one active at a time per match. Still a very powerful perk, but then it can't be used to cover entirely too much of the map.

    I should have said posts, not threads.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791152#Comment_2791152

    It makes sense that it got nerfed again, since it kinda made every other healing option not as good. Why run We'll make it when I can just use COH and get the same effect for as long as it stays up vs 90s and only after an unhook.

    I mean you’re not wrong talking about the differences between COH and other healing options, Call me crazy but I know a 3rd change will almost absolutely kill this perk.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791159#Comment_2791159

    I mean you’re not wrong talking about the differences between COH and other healing options, Call me crazy but I know a 3rd change will almost absolutely kill this perk.

    A 3rd change would kill the perk but I think its in a healthy spot atm. It doesn't need anymore changes, its distinct enough to set it apart from other options and not too strong(since its multiple time investments that aren't focused on gens). It makes me wish Inner Healing did something else cause I hate teammates breaking my bones.

  • I am hungry should I make a pizza or sandwiches?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791152#Comment_2791152

    So is there some sort of 2 rework limit in play? I've read this comment three times and still can't find the logic. Lots of perks get reworked, buffed, nerfed, whatever multiple times and still work great. Like DS for example. Again, if you are just counting how many times something has been changed, with no regard to what the changes did, I kind of feel like you are missing the point.

    Personally I think they should give the 2 seconds back to CoH, then limit it to one active at a time per match. Still a very powerful perk, but then it can't be used to cover entirely too much of the map.

    I should have said posts, not threads.

    Sometimes I don’t read through all the patch notes and updates so call me crazy, but I can’t remember if there’s been any killer perks that have been recently nerfed or changed where it reduces the effectiveness in a negative way. It just feels like the complete opposite. Nothing but Killer buffs and here are survivors, only having their perks (not including DS) last 1 week to a few months.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791190#Comment_2791190

    A 3rd change would kill the perk but I think its in a healthy spot atm. It doesn't need anymore changes, its distinct enough to set it apart from other options and not too strong(since its multiple time investments that aren't focused on gens). It makes me wish Inner Healing did something else cause I hate teammates breaking my bones.

    True, I wish inner healing had an extra effect like giving you an increase in cleansing speed and maybe the could drop a few seconds off for the actual locker speed heal, that would be nice imo.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I am hungry should I make a pizza or sandwiches?

    Make a calzone! It's pizza in sandwich form.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I am hungry should I make a pizza or sandwiches?

    What kind of sandwich?

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791194#Comment_2791194

    True, I wish inner healing had an extra effect like giving you an increase in cleansing speed and maybe the could drop a few seconds off for the actual locker speed heal, that would be nice imo.

    Eh but if you give it increased cleansing speed it creeps into the territory of counter force that already gives insane cleansing speed buffs and an 8 sec heal is already fast enough.

  • thats actually a good idea!

  • I mostly put turkey slices on it with cheese and put it in a sandwhich maker till the cheese melts

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791172#Comment_2791172

    Sometimes I don’t read through all the parch notes and updates so call me crazy, but I can’t remember if there’s been any killer perks that have been recently nerfed or changed where it reduces the effectiveness in a negative way. It just feels like the complete opposite. Nothing but Killer buffs and here are survivors, only having their perks (not including DS) last 1 week to a few months.

    I don't know. I don't spend my time looking to push the narrative that the devs are biased towards either side, so I don't find myself reading patch notes with a scorecard.

    Edit: that came out harsher than intended. What I mean is, I don't think about perk or mechanic changes like that, so it's difficult for me to look back and remember what nerf whichever side got, and I don't feel like looking through the old patch notes on my day off.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791190#Comment_2791190

    A 3rd change would kill the perk but I think its in a healthy spot atm. It doesn't need anymore changes, its distinct enough to set it apart from other options and not too strong(since its multiple time investments that aren't focused on gens). It makes me wish Inner Healing did something else cause I hate teammates breaking my bones.

    I think CoH is not issue. It never was. I mean it made game worse for killers yeah but CoH was not never biggest issue of this game. Maps are sooooooooo unbalanced. Chases are takes so long. CoH just makes this worse. I wish they would balance this stupid maps first but they are always going for perks.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791194#Comment_2791194

    I think CoH is not issue. It never was. I mean it made game worse for killers yeah but CoH was not never biggest issue of this game. Maps are sooooooooo unbalanced. Chases are takes so long. CoH just makes this worse. I wish they would balance this stupid maps first but they are always going for perks.

    People can't just keep saying "just fix maps" its not feasible. They spent a long time reworking maps(which they still aren't done doing) only for the to have to go back and rework them again? I'd rather them take the route they have been in, extending the game by blocking gens, reducing the availability of survivor resources through perks and powers, and simply finding other things for survivors to do. Perks are the easier things to change and they just need to change more perks more often, the amount of people using boil over and DMS shows that people are willing to change their builds if the options are there.

  • Mom, Dad my E doesnt work against blight. Also they disturb me doing gens because they have tinkerer and ruin.

    But now, they even have DMS, and I cannot gen rush anymore.

    This game is some broken sadface

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I haven't been this frustrated in a long time. I've played a few matches against this perk and it is simply way too strong and overpowered.

    Scourge Hooks and Dead Man's Switch used together is broken together. There is no counterplay because the perk happens with no input from survivor and the killer is inevitably hooking survivors constantly and what happens is the killer is gifted constantly with 15 percent progress instantly removed and the survivor is unable to stop the regression due to Entity Claws. With BBQ, the killer can then be there before the claws are gone and so there is no way to prevent a gen going to 0 percent unless a random teammate comes along and touches it after a very long uncounterable delay. Why is this a thing???

    This is not like Boil Over where it was used rarely to have a little benefit in a very few isolated locations, this perk is starting to be used constantly for unfair advantage every time it is used with no preconditions and that is bad. A huge advantage affecting every survivor in the match, preventing the objective from being done. Note that I say "prevent". This isn't about rewarding skill, hooking survivors is inevitable so the immense value of the perk is paramount and no way to avoid it. It is not fun to verse and there is no counterplay to it.

    I don't know what needs to happen to this perk but it shouldn't affect the survivor every time they try to repair. I was affected by this perk 3 times in a row trying to repair generators and the entity stopped the gen and I lost 2 gens because of it in one match.

    It already makes an overpowered anti-loop killer (Artist) even more overpowered and broken because she can basically force all gens into deadlock without any effort on her part.

    Perks should not have that kind of unfair advantage. It needs a rework sooner than later. It's beyond broken.

    Two words: Calm Spirit.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791207#Comment_2791207

    I mostly put turkey slices on it with cheese and put it in a sandwhich maker till the cheese melts

    Omg that sounds good

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2791152#Comment_2791152

    Oh yes. Since even self care speed for the whole group wouldn't still be very good. And would totally bury the perk

    But if it were to get to that point where it’s just self care speed, why bother to choose COH over self care? At least with self care you wouldn’t have to bless the boon and run towards it. The only good use the boon would have would be for double heals and the use of not having to bring a medkit or waste a slot for Self Care considering your in a SWF.

1 2 3