Have killers ACTUALLY been nerfed that much???

When I ask this question, I'm referring to OVERALL killer nerfs, not specific killer nerfs (i.e. well Bubba got a cooldown on his chainsaw so the devs hate killers)

Honestly, I think that when you look at it honestly Survivor and Killers have been roughly nerfed at the same rate. When I think of OVERALL nerfs to both sides, for survivors there was the HUGE exhaustion nerf (RIP me getting Lithe twice in a chase), the nerf to self care, the nerf to healing in general in the same patch as the self care nerf, MoM nerf, DS nerf, balanced landing nerf, all 3 ultra rares are practically useless (sorry those count for survivors because survivors share them unlike killers whose add ons are all different)

On the killer side, there was a Bloodlust nerf, Hex: Undying was nerfed I think, and......? idk it's been a while since I've played killer but I can't think of many nerfs that across the board has affected ALL killers and not specific adds ons or power of individual killers. I'm sure there's something I'm not remembering but like....I just find it funny when people create all these threads saying the only nerf survivors have received was like DS and MoM and just completely disregard everything else that's been changed since the game started

Comments

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780679#Comment_2780679

    Well I'm not disagreeing with how the game should be balanced.

    The concern here is that you keep side stepping my questions. My concern is that your looking for a more 'got you' moment than a good discussion.

    EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that the devs 'balancing around kills' was there doing at release. You used to get statements that highlighted if you got a 4k or not end game. With a 4K being a good old killer slap on the back and job well done to no kills would be met with a 'you weak' type statement.

    Sorry if I sidestepped your question. Wasn't my intention.

    The stats on themselves tell to little to be any indication of how the balancing is. I agree, it's watered down. It would be better if we got some kind of excel where we could filter by skill rating, perks used, amount of SWF, time it took to complete a gen, hooks vs gen ratio, etc. THAT would be really helpful. But I doubt we'll ever get something like this.

    On release, the devs balanced around the 4 categories and once you reached 5k bloodpoints in enough of them, you piped. This resulted in killers piping up without killing. I've seen a rank 1 killer with 20 something kills.

    Then we had the Victory Cube, which is oddly similar to the current mmr. Which gave points for hooks and kills. But gave more points for kills.

    - 7 hooks and no kill = depip

    - 8 hooks and no kill = black pip

    - 2 kills + 1 hook = pip

    This resulted in a camping and tunneling meta, as killers simply went for the fastest kill. Obviously, this system was scrapped because of its unhealthy playstyle.

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780658#Comment_2780658

    Yes, what I posted and you haven't answered my questions. Those numbers alone give us nothing relative to say high ranks vs low ranks, that the old stats gave.

    As I said, watered down. Did they actually give anything detailed. Like how did they balance out a survivor who raged quit at the end of the game after they were downed??

    I dont think the dev know what is high and low rank and those stat ignore the player who DC so all those stats are around all rank. They are not reliable because you have game were the killer give up but dont dc so he dont get the penality same for survivor that kill themself on hook. Even with all that with low mmr were survivor are suposedly op the kill rate is not that high.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780470#Comment_2780470

    What if all 4 survivors are running COH?? You gonna tunnel them all at the same time??

    Oh dont be silly.

    early game you spread pressure on all. Afterward you just focus on those who already reached some hook stages.

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780591#Comment_2780591

    So you see that part where I mention socialisation and tribalism.

    See the part where I post stats to show how killers are getting 3+ kills per game.

    Note that human beings will work harder to maintain a belief system than investigate truth.

    Interestingly 'so far off base' comment could elude to a personal insult which would also demonstrate that you lack critical thinking skills.

    Do you actually have anything for me?

    I’ve got something for ya.

    Kill rates mean diddly squat when it comes to balance. Ok - that’s an exaggeration, but you get the gist.

    The reality is that the vast majority of survivors are bad at the game and don’t know how to play it properly. Generalisation? Not really. The game is hard to learn. This leads to kill rates that appear favourable to killers, because they’re facing potatoes a majority of the time.

    When you get to high MMR, this changes and survivors become the power role instead, however high MMR makes up a minuscule % of the playerbase so you don’t really see it represented in the statistics.

    It’s such an issue that the developers had to implement a bunch of second chance perks just to hold up the weight of all the potatoes, lest the game crumble under the crushing force of their sheer potatoe-ness.

    Could you imagine if DH were removed? All those survivors suddenly unable to loop for more than 30 seconds. Would be a disaster, and DH is the most OP crutch perk in the entire game, and it absolutely needs to be nerfed. But imagine the fallout! Everyone suddenly realising that can’t actually loop! Lol…

  • Yes, survivor have been nerfed way more than killers overall.

    The reason should be obvious though.

  • @Labrac said:

    Yes, survivor have been nerfed way more than killers overall.

    The reason should be obvious though.

    Pfft, nah.. Infinites were just a skill issue and didn't deserve to be removed. It was the killers fault that someone held them hostage on Ironworks of misery for 3 hours using the infinite before a dev had to step in and ban the survivor.

    This can totally be counted as a nerf to survivor instead of a sane update for the over all health of the game.

    Just like super fast self care where you could heal in the time it took a killer to kick a pallet. Oh and The days before exhaustion where you could just constantly use sprint burst over and over and over in the same chase. The killer just needed to learn to counter it with magic.

    People that count all this stuff are reaching so hard to prove their point of view.

  • A lot of people consider Michael to be the weakest killer in the game, but I just got a 4K at 5 gens.

    For people who haven't been paying attention, Otz made a video not too long ago where he played all the best killer meta builds and dominated every game. I don't agree with everything that he says, but he did make a decent argument that killers aren't completely outclassed as long as you're willing to hit below the belt a little.

    I think the biggest nerf to killers in general has been due to map reworks more than anything that was done to the state of killer itself. Coldwind and Gideon's can decide a game on their own, and Hawkins (one of the best killer maps) is now gone.

  • nope... it's not broken anymore.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780278#Comment_2780278

    No no that's exactly my point. Because survivors don't have individuality, everything that gets nerfed affects every survivor. On the killer side of the game, there haven't been many nerfs that affect the killer base as a whole, just individual tweaks to powers or add ons.

    So when people complain about the "number" of killer nerfs, well duh because killers have powers as well as adds on that can be nerfed and they vary for each killer so it's gonna feel like it's more when it's really not overall

    Killers have there kits fundamentally broken with zero pressure on the devs to fix. It dosent matter if legion, slinger, billy are bad . 85% of the community dosent want em. So nerf em and play something else. Problem is you have mains who lose complete interest in the game and have to wait 2+ years for a fix. Billy still has overheat for example.

  • Stats don't mean much when the Devs say to not take them so seriously.... RIP

    But stats are stats so here goes.... Do they say how many DC's happen? How about the Gen situation? And yes Hooks what about them? OHHHHh.... How about perks.... How many attacks actually land (I myself what to know)

    So there's little to say on the stats cause they aren't complete... other then Pick Rate

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780678#Comment_2780678

    Lol... if you dont know hits are validated favouring survivors now, well I cant be bothered searching through posts etc if you dont know this is the case. Boil Over went live, beyond all belief they actually thought this was fine to go to live servers. COH in particular is completely broken and while many maps did get less safe pallets, there are still too many of them that can easily join strong loops together if a survivor has half a brain.

    Nah i hate when people say this because it simply ain't true. Hits before were validated by the killer and were never fair to the survivor who on their screen were way ahead of the swing. Alternatively now, they are decided by the server. So going from a one sided hit validation system to a neutral party does not mean it favors the other side. That makes no sense

  • Killers get more substantial nerfs and less buffs than survivors do since one year or two now, it's a fact.

  • Directly idk, indirectly 100%. Ormond and cold wind just made it 10x harder to see scratch marks, gideons turned into pallet city, father cambells just make disturbed ward have 2 god pallets with 2 god windows. CoH just removing certain playstyles and killers.

  • Yes, 3 seconds added and it's not broken, OBVIOUSLY

  • @RakimSockem said:

    When I ask this question, I'm referring to OVERALL killer nerfs, not specific killer nerfs (i.e. well Bubba got a cooldown on his chainsaw so the devs hate killers)

    Honestly, I think that when you look at it honestly Survivor and Killers have been roughly nerfed at the same rate. When I think of OVERALL nerfs to both sides, for survivors there was the HUGE exhaustion nerf (RIP me getting Lithe twice in a chase), the nerf to self care, the nerf to healing in general in the same patch as the self care nerf, MoM nerf, DS nerf, balanced landing nerf, all 3 ultra rares are practically useless (sorry those count for survivors because survivors share them unlike killers whose add ons are all different)

    On the killer side, there was a Bloodlust nerf, Hex: Undying was nerfed I think, and......? idk it's been a while since I've played killer but I can't think of many nerfs that across the board has affected ALL killers and not specific adds ons or power of individual killers. I'm sure there's something I'm not remembering but like....I just find it funny when people create all these threads saying the only nerf survivors have received was like DS and MoM and just completely disregard everything else that's been changed since the game started

    Here's the thing.

    It's not how much killers have or haven't been nerfed (they have - but that's a different story).

    It's that survivors and killers are not balanced at the same standard.

    Killers have perks and addons nerfed - simply because they were 'too commonly used'.

    And then we have Dead Hard.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    When I ask this question, I'm referring to OVERALL killer nerfs, not specific killer nerfs (i.e. well Bubba got a cooldown on his chainsaw so the devs hate killers)

    Honestly, I think that when you look at it honestly Survivor and Killers have been roughly nerfed at the same rate. When I think of OVERALL nerfs to both sides, for survivors there was the HUGE exhaustion nerf (RIP me getting Lithe twice in a chase), the nerf to self care, the nerf to healing in general in the same patch as the self care nerf, MoM nerf, DS nerf, balanced landing nerf, all 3 ultra rares are practically useless (sorry those count for survivors because survivors share them unlike killers whose add ons are all different)

    On the killer side, there was a Bloodlust nerf, Hex: Undying was nerfed I think, and......? idk it's been a while since I've played killer but I can't think of many nerfs that across the board has affected ALL killers and not specific adds ons or power of individual killers. I'm sure there's something I'm not remembering but like....I just find it funny when people create all these threads saying the only nerf survivors have received was like DS and MoM and just completely disregard everything else that's been changed since the game started

    I say this, usually the nerfs for the killers are the fun factor not that much the killer itself (obviously not talking about 7 blink nurse) but like billy and the ear piercing sounds, or no more mlg 360 no scope slinger or the trapper sounding like he is ummmm excited..... Let's go with that.

    But also survivors are getting really strong perks that the only counter we had was nerfed and yes I am talking about CoH and the actual counter could've been old undying.

    Map issues is another problem but that is unrelated since this is not a killer/survivor issue.

    Also map offerings but that is another issue.

    Killers are in a good spot balanced wise but survivor perks aren't not saying survivors themselves but perks.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    A lot of people consider Michael to be the weakest killer in the game, but I just got a 4K at 5 gens.

    For people who haven't been paying attention, Otz made a video not too long ago where he played all the best killer meta builds and dominated every game. I don't agree with everything that he says, but he did make a decent argument that killers aren't completely outclassed as long as you're willing to hit below the belt a little.

    I think the biggest nerf to killers in general has been due to map reworks more than anything that was done to the state of killer itself. Coldwind and Gideon's can decide a game on their own, and Hawkins (one of the best killer maps) is now gone.

    Simple, you don't even need any power at all to get 4k... just match with worst survivors you can imagine.

    Using actual match as balance metrics is strangely stupid in this game due to some survivors being unimaginably bad, even though it should be biggest factor for it.

1 2 ›