Why would people NOT want Springtrap to be added to DBD?

He is a child serial killer trapped in a rotting old bunny suit (He is still alive inside I think) who dies in a fire in fnaf 6 which would be perfect for narrating him into DBD with lots of potential if given the chance. So why are people so opposed when you have edgy children with a knife (legion) and a Korean pop star who can throw glass knives? I've also seen people complain about op perks in peoples concept ideas but that could easily be fixed by the DBD mods who have some experience with balancing perks.

Springtrap DBD.png


Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307917/why-would-people-not-want-springtrap-to-be-added-to-dbd

    "He is a child serial killer"

    that's actually the reason he shouldn't be in DBD

    who cares? it's fiction

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780277#Comment_2780277

    I find it hard to discuss with people who judge things based on it's community. I just find that extremely unfair. I will leave this here.

    Oh, I don't judge it entirely off of it's community.

    The first game was fine. It was novel at the time. However, every game since has been pretty questionable.

    The fanatical community, of course, affects my view of the games. How could it not? How could I possibly ignore them?

  • Jeepers Creeper is a fictional character but because of the person who created him is the reason why people don't want him in the game.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780310#Comment_2780310

    You can tell me the jist of what makes Springtrap is and does what he does.

    Well I don't know that far into the books and the official start of it but basically daughter killed by his own creation, realized his daughter still lived in the robot, someone else's daughter killed by him and merged with a different animatronic. I don't know the real reason he started killing but he realized the metal mixed with spirits had special properties so it became a chain killing of experimenting with the metal in an effort to make himself immortal than after that the rest is in the books I didn't read.

  • as long as it's fiction I couldn't care less, if it would be a fictional R ist then that would be a totally different story, but it's jsuta game about a guy killing kids and their souls get into these robots, we had movies about child killers before, I don't see any issue personally.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780322#Comment_2780322

    Jeepers Creeper is a fictional character but because of the person who created him is the reason why people don't want him in the game.

    what did they do?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780207#Comment_2780207

    Every license in DBD in classified as horror. FNAF isn't horror. It was cool in 2014, but there's almost no effort in it. Jumpscares do not equal horror.

    The only Killer without an obvious attempt to be horror-esque is Trickster who was solely meant to bring in K-pop fans and pretty much everyone hates him.

    Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Stranger Things, Silent Hill and Hellraiser.

    You obviously weren't here when the Hellraiser teaser said "1987" because that's when the first Hellraiser movie released and the Forums were flooded with "is this a fnaf teaser" and "the bite of '87?!?!?!" until Hellraiser released. The fanbase is actually one of the worst I've ever seen and I vibe with STAR WARS.

    The Star Wars fans were terrible but now it’s tame. Dceu fans on the other hand😬 that’s a real us vs them

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780223#Comment_2780223

    The Star Wars fans were terrible but now it’s tame. Dceu fans on the other hand😬 that’s a real us vs them

    I argued for the Prequels circa 2010. Do not do that.

    DCEU fans ain't got anything on Star Wars toxicity I will say that

  • He filmed himself molesting a 7 or 8 year old boy and somehow didn't get life in prison.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780314#Comment_2780314

    Well I don't know that far into the books and the official start of it but basically daughter killed by his own creation, realized his daughter still lived in the robot, someone else's daughter killed by him and merged with a different animatronic. I don't know the real reason he started killing but he realized the metal mixed with spirits had special properties so it became a chain killing of experimenting with the metal in an effort to make himself immortal than after that the rest is in the books I didn't read.

    I don't see how you can argue about something that you don't know the full story, but that is pretty interesting.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780344#Comment_2780344

    I argued for the Prequels circa 2010. Do not do that.

    DCEU fans ain't got anything on Star Wars toxicity I will say that

    Yeah and the sequels didn’t help at all. But at least the mandalorian helped. Dc doesn’t even have a Superman anymore lmao fans are pissed while Warner bros doesn’t care (they are infinitely worse than the devs). The fan base is split af. But yeah Star Wars was on another level lol

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780350#Comment_2780350

    Yeah and the sequels didn’t help at all. But at least the mandalorian helped. Dc doesn’t even have a Superman anymore lmao fans are pissed while Warner bros doesn’t care (they are infinitely worse than the devs). The fan base is split af. But yeah Star Wars was on another level lol

    Mando was great.

    Clone Wars was better!

    also I loved Henry Cavill as Superman but I like him more as Geralt being totally honest

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780223#Comment_2780223

    The Star Wars fans were terrible but now it’s tame. Dceu fans on the other hand😬 that’s a real us vs them

    I thought it was just Scott Snyder fans not dceu fans as a whole. 😂

  • @anarchy753 said:

    1. The fandom of cringey children.
    2. DBD is a collection of some of the greatest horror icons there are, FNAF is cheap jumpscare youtuber-bait which only got popular because of a bunch of people with no personality overreacting and shrieking at anything that happened on the screen. To include it alongside real horror is disrespectful.
    3. Obtaining the license would be giving money to someone who supports homophobia.
    4. Every single skin would basically just be furries.

    biased

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780335#Comment_2780335

    I don't see how you can argue about something that you don't know the full story, but that is pretty interesting.

    Idk you can say that to people who argue against fnaf because "scott did x x and x" when they constantly just look at his online presence not the person he actually is. Which you did something similar by judging a book by its cover which in its most basic form is jump scare child murderer.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780356#Comment_2780356

    Idk you can say that to people who argue against fnaf because "scott did x x and x" when they constantly just look at his online presence not the person he actually is.

    From what, I heard he made some contributions to the trump committee and has or certain Christian beliefs that he upholds.I really don't see the problem with that the cancel culture or quick to flame people for what they believe in and yet want people to accept what their beliefs are the bias of biaism.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307917/why-would-people-not-want-springtrap-to-be-added-to-dbd

    "He is a child serial killer"

    that's actually the reason he shouldn't be in DBD

    *Cough cough* huntress *cough cough*

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780359#Comment_2780359

    Mando was great.

    Clone Wars was better!

    also I loved Henry Cavill as Superman but I like him more as Geralt being totally honest

    I loved him as Superman and what WB is doing is throwing money away because they are petty idiots

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307917/why-would-people-not-want-springtrap-to-be-added-to-dbd

    "He is a child serial killer"

    that's actually the reason he shouldn't be in DBD

    Uhh Freddy Krueger?

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780356#Comment_2780356

    Idk you can say that to people who argue against fnaf because "scott did x x and x" when they constantly just look at his online presence not the person he actually is.

    Waiting for my comment to be approved

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780361#Comment_2780361

    I loved him as Superman and what WB is doing is throwing money away because they are petty idiots

    Because they haven't made a new justice league movie huh? or anything really.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780344#Comment_2780344

    I thought it was just Scott Snyder fans not dceu fans as a whole. 😂

    nah it’s all of them. Zack Snyder fans can be extremely annoying calling everything he does a masterpiece while crapping on everything else. Then we got the “Dc fans” who think they are experts that claimed what a character would never do Like Superman killing which he has done before. Then finally we got Warner brothers who is what we feel like the devs are like lmao

  • Wdym approved. You know basically the entire reason why william did what he did. I shouldn't have to provide further information when you can just take that and apply it to williams desired being able to be corrupted by the entity. But if you really wanted more you could look it up yourself.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780364#Comment_2780364

    nah it’s all of them. Zack Snyder fans can be extremely annoying calling everything he does a masterpiece while crapping on everything else. Then we got the “Dc fans” who think they are experts that claimed what a character would never do Like Superman killing which he has done before. Then finally we got Warner brothers who is what we feel like the devs are like lmao

    I just realized I wrote Scott Snyder because of Scott Cawthorn and this being a fnaf post 😂

    Honestly not surprised that WB isn't great - cartoons like Animaniacs in the 90s were slipping in comments about them, just people didn't care like they do now thanks to social media.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780382#Comment_2780382

    Because they haven't made a new justice league movie huh? or anything really.

    It’s not even that. The justice league movie that just came out was loved by a lot of the fans but they won’t continue out of hate for the director. My problem is they they are picking and choosing what character they was to keep and recast. If they don’t want to continue the story, fine but just use the characters they already have and established. Then getting rid of Superman and Batman is pathetic. There is a rumor they will be replaced by supergirl and batgirl. And that previous movies would be erased from cannon. They got so much backlash for that. This is coming from a diehard dc and marvel fan. WB ruined everything

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780385#Comment_2780385

    Wdym approved. You know basically the entire reason why william did what he did. I shouldn't have to provide further information when you can just take that and apply it to williams desired being able to be corrupted by the entity. But if you really wanted more you could look it up yourself.

    Sometimes when you write certain things your comments have to wait for a mod to approve them I think?

  • Personally I never played any of the FNAF games and have any feelings about them, but the horror genre is vast and has room for nearly everything, from demons to normal people, from aliens to killer clowns, so I don't see a problem with the tone.

    Quite contrary, I welcome anything that's weird and special or it's own thing, and I especially welcome any the that offers new mechanics and a new way to play the game. From my limited knowledge about the franchise I guess that this would be an awesome opportunity to add another killer with fun one liners. But still, my vote for a dream chapter goes to Bio Shock and a Big Daddy brawler with a drill.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780388#Comment_2780388

    It’s not even that. The justice league movie that just came out was loved by a lot of the fans but they won’t continue out of hate for the director. My problem is they they are picking and choosing what character they was to keep and recast. If they don’t want to continue the story, fine but just use the characters they already have and established. Then getting rid of Superman and Batman is pathetic. There is a rumor they will be replaced by supergirl and batgirl. And that previous movies would be erased from cannon. They got so much backlash for that. This is coming from a diehard dc and marvel fan. WB ruined everything

    I'm not sure of the Zack Synder situation and the last movie was Dawn of Justice correct? Also yeah why the hell would they do that,instead of just adding them to the roaster maybe their trying to compete with she hulk.which is pretty bad because people who are and not will still come to see the movies because of fandom.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780402#Comment_2780402

    I'm not sure of the Zack Synder situation and the last movie was Dawn of Justice correct? Also yeah why the hell would they do that,instead of just adding them to the roaster maybe their trying to compete with she hulk.which is pretty bad because people who are and not will still come to see the movies because of fandom.

    His last movie was the original justice League movie that came out last year. It fixed the abomination that was the 2017 version. And yes instead of adding then to the roster (terrible costumes btw) they just replace then. Stupid. Plus WB suck with castings I could cast better. Lmao. I’m not looking forward to anything other than black Adam from dc

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780394#Comment_2780394

    Sometimes when you write certain things your comments have to wait for a mod to approve them I think?

    Well yeah I see it now. Don't know why it didn't show up even though i refreshed 3 times when you typed the approving comment. But yeah Scott is actually a really nice guy that really only voted/donated for the good causes. He didn't agree with anything bad but compared to the other choices he picked the better ones.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780407#Comment_2780407

    His last movie was the original justice League movie that came out last year. It fixed the abomination that was the 2017 version. And yes instead of adding then to the roster (terrible costumes btw) they just replace then. Stupid. Plus WB suck with castings I could cast better. Lmao. I’m not looking forward to anything other than black Adam from dc

    Yeah that's pretty lame and WB should realize Marvel has 5 Avenger movies when the justice league has 2 so far a big departure from the original movie will only upset fans.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780403#Comment_2780403

    Well yeah I see it now. Don't know why it didn't show up even though i refreshed 3 times when you typed the approving comment. But yeah Scott is actually a really nice guy that really only voted/donated for the good causes. He didn't agree with anything bad but compared to the other choices he picked the better ones.

    Nothing wrong with having a standard for yourself.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780415#Comment_2780415

    Yeah that's pretty lame and WB should realize Marvel has 5 Avenger movies when the justice league has 2 so far a big departure from the original movie will only upset fans.

    Exactly

  • Because Springtrap's possessed doll has been done better by other franchises. Child's Play is the first that springs to mind, but the Puppetmaster series also would work better in some form within DbD. Both of those franchises are solid Slasher Horror style, whereas FNAF is purely cheap jumpscares at about the scariness level of Goosebumps or similar.

    I do like the idea of possessed animatronics, those things at Chuck E Cheese were pretty creepy when I was around 8 or 9, but once you hit your teens, they become a joke and something you make up scary stories about at summer camp. The idea(s) and lore behind them are pretty solid for a horror franchise, but in action, they miss the mark by a long shot. The games are a boredom simulator of clicking a couple buttons and waiting for something to happen. No action, no real horror value, and not much going for them but a rabid fanbase.

    There are too many other horror franchises still out there that tick all the boxes that in DbD right now. Slasher style horror, decent amount of gore/violence, and a good backstory that can be incorporated into the Entity's Realm. I'd even vote yes for Leprechaun to be included in DbD before FNAF.

    I would love to see some sci-fi elements mixed in though. There's a large amount of sci-fi styled franchises with horror themes that could be included. Alien, Bioshock, Predator, Dead Space to name a few. Dead Space especially as the Necromorphs fit excellently into DbD both thematically (reanimated dead), visually (those things can be pretty disturbing looking), and there are a wide variety of "powers" you could glean from them. FNAF...put 6 lockers in a circle and the Survivors can open each one in turn until Springtrap jumps out at them providing about .5 second of scare. Might be better than M1 simulator, but not by much.

  • @DomoBear19 said:

    He is a child serial killer trapped in a rotting old bunny suit (He is still alive inside I think) who dies in a fire in fnaf 6 which would be perfect for narrating him into DBD with lots of potential if given the chance. So why are people so opposed when you have edgy children with a knife (legion) and a Korean pop star who can throw glass knives? I've also seen people complain about op perks in peoples concept ideas but that could easily be fixed by the DBD mods who have some experience with balancing perks.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NDMMUUNE3T1K/springtrap-dbd.png

    To be honest, aside from everything - what would even be his power? To me, the characters of FNAF have hardly any flavour or personality to them. They all produce jumpscares after getting close to you, the only exception being that some can run.


    But again, HOW does that translate into DBD?

  • Because Scott Cawthon would still get royalties from it.

    And he's a person that donated large sums of money to blatant anti-LGBT bigoted politicians that actively promised to try and strip away LGBT+ human rights. Before you bring up the charity, no, that is irrelevant. Donating to a charity with zero say over legislation is not equivalent to donating to extremely bigoted politicians that can and do have the power to try and change or add bigoted legislation, and actively use it to try and strip said human rights. No, "I have LGBTQ+ friends/coworkers" is not an excuse. No, him voting for economy does not matter. Economy improvements aren't helpful if minorities can't also benefit from them because they literally had basic human rights stripped away such as the right to work without being explicitly fired for being LGBT+. "I think the economy is more important than human rights" is not the gotcha you think it is.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2780272#Comment_2780272

    FNAF is far too polarizing to be in DBD.

    I despise it almost entirely based off of its community, there are plenty of others that agree with me as well.

    Not to play devils advocate..


    But you have killers with cosmetics such as a pink elephant, a chicken costume, 'ice' queen concepts. big bunnies, anime school girl, a 'devil's outfit, angsty and cosplay skins.


    Using that argument is pretty redundant imo

  • @Mringasa said:

    Because Springtrap's possessed doll has been done better by other franchises. Child's Play is the first that springs to mind, but the Puppetmaster series also would work better in some form within DbD. Both of those franchises are solid Slasher Horror style, whereas FNAF is purely cheap jumpscares at about the scariness level of Goosebumps or similar.

    I do like the idea of possessed animatronics, those things at Chuck E Cheese were pretty creepy when I was around 8 or 9, but once you hit your teens, they become a joke and something you make up scary stories about at summer camp. The idea(s) and lore behind them are pretty solid for a horror franchise, but in action, they miss the mark by a long shot. The games are a boredom simulator of clicking a couple buttons and waiting for something to happen. No action, no real horror value, and not much going for them but a rabid fanbase.

    There are too many other horror franchises still out there that tick all the boxes that in DbD right now. Slasher style horror, decent amount of gore/violence, and a good backstory that can be incorporated into the Entity's Realm. I'd even vote yes for Leprechaun to be included in DbD before FNAF.

    I would love to see some sci-fi elements mixed in though. There's a large amount of sci-fi styled franchises with horror themes that could be included. Alien, Bioshock, Predator, Dead Space to name a few. Dead Space especially as the Necromorphs fit excellently into DbD both thematically (reanimated dead), visually (those things can be pretty disturbing looking), and there are a wide variety of "powers" you could glean from them. FNAF...put 6 lockers in a circle and the Survivors can open each one in turn until Springtrap jumps out at them providing about .5 second of scare. Might be better than M1 simulator, but not by much.

    Yep

  • @Mringasa said:

    Because Springtrap's possessed doll has been done better by other franchises. Child's Play is the first that springs to mind, but the Puppetmaster series also would work better in some form within DbD. Both of those franchises are solid Slasher Horror style, whereas FNAF is purely cheap jumpscares at about the scariness level of Goosebumps or similar.

    I do like the idea of possessed animatronics, those things at Chuck E Cheese were pretty creepy when I was around 8 or 9, but once you hit your teens, they become a joke and something you make up scary stories about at summer camp. The idea(s) and lore behind them are pretty solid for a horror franchise, but in action, they miss the mark by a long shot. The games are a boredom simulator of clicking a couple buttons and waiting for something to happen. No action, no real horror value, and not much going for them but a rabid fanbase.

    There are too many other horror franchises still out there that tick all the boxes that in DbD right now. Slasher style horror, decent amount of gore/violence, and a good backstory that can be incorporated into the Entity's Realm. I'd even vote yes for Leprechaun to be included in DbD before FNAF.

    I would love to see some sci-fi elements mixed in though. There's a large amount of sci-fi styled franchises with horror themes that could be included. Alien, Bioshock, Predator, Dead Space to name a few. Dead Space especially as the Necromorphs fit excellently into DbD both thematically (reanimated dead), visually (those things can be pretty disturbing looking), and there are a wide variety of "powers" you could glean from them. FNAF...put 6 lockers in a circle and the Survivors can open each one in turn until Springtrap jumps out at them providing about .5 second of scare. Might be better than M1 simulator, but not by much.

    That's a very good point but having the character separate from the ip as a whole is different.Lets face it ghostface isn't scary chasing you but he can jump scare you

    Like I've said I don't think he fits, but aesthetically from the concept the one guy made recently he looks pretty ######### scary.

  • https://youtu.be/XmTW-PmQtCg

    This is the video that really changed my opinion

  • Here are my 2 cents. I think the main issue with Springtrap would be the creepy/horror element to his model and animation. Even in the Fnaf games the animatronics without the atmosphere aren't particularly terrifying or menacing. Look at Security Breach where you actually have animatronics chasing you, it just looks strange, theres nothing satisfying or intimidating about it. Just imagine that giant green bunny chasing you acros the map. It would be hilarious.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    1. The fandom of cringey children.
    2. DBD is a collection of some of the greatest horror icons there are, FNAF is cheap jumpscare youtuber-bait which only got popular because of a bunch of people with no personality overreacting and shrieking at anything that happened on the screen. To include it alongside real horror is disrespectful.
    3. Obtaining the license would be giving money to someone who supports homophobia.
    4. Every single skin would basically just be furries.

    Yeah my main reason is that FNAF is just a flash game with some jump scared that only scared people like 5 times until it gets boring. The only good thing is the lore. But plenty of games have good lore + good gameplay.

  • I'd rather them choose a franchise that is actually possible to honor the characters. They messed up RE except with that one they had a chance to possibly honor the characters and still do. With FNAF, It's 100% guaranteed to be like that. The characters don't do anything. The main thing they'd have to do if they wanted to honor them is give Springtrap basically no power expect for maybe 1 lunge or something and that's it.

  • Because fnaf has about zero depth or psychological horror, and is purely a jumpscare generator. It's a kid's "horror" game, and while there are adults who love it, it's almost entirely because they were introduced to it when they were a kid, and they can't view it without nostalgia glasses. It's not scary, it's startling. There is a difference there, and it's the reason that even as a massive horror movie fan, I resent films that lean almost exclusively on jump scares. It's cheap, lazy and unimaginative. The narrative elements of fnaf could only seem deep to a 10 year old.

    I just could not take any killer from that game seriously. Like Trickster, but worse. TBH, I don't even know if I could take Chucky seriously (though I don't think that would work mostly for mechanical reasons).

    And yeah, the fanbase is full blown cringe, and I don't care to have them infesting the chats and forums.

    And I personally detest Scott Cawthon and don't want to see him get a cent more, but that's personal and secondary to all the other issues.

  • @NemeanXIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307917/why-would-people-not-want-springtrap-to-be-added-to-dbd

    "He is a child serial killer"

    that's actually the reason he shouldn't be in DBD

    Freddy Krueger..?

  • @CrashMADDS13

    Kruger by popular demand,he's a world wide icon Fnaf not so much.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    1. The fandom of cringey children.
    2. DBD is a collection of some of the greatest horror icons there are, FNAF is cheap jumpscare youtuber-bait which only got popular because of a bunch of people with no personality overreacting and shrieking at anything that happened on the screen. To include it alongside real horror is disrespectful.
    3. Obtaining the license would be giving money to someone who supports homophobia.
    4. Every single skin would basically just be furries.

    I'm sorry, #3 just doesn't matter at all and shouldn't even be a point

1 2 3 4