Ok, lets talk about Spirit

Hello everyone,

I recently tried to branch off from my beaten path of killers and try my hand at Spirit. I must say that I like her grand-grand-grand-...-dads gameplay more, but occasionally she is pretty fun. But dayum, does Iron Will hurt her! With all the recent changes to her kit and the directional sounds it feels like you are driving with a handycap all the time!

A singel perk totally robs her of most of her power, literally: a killer whom's gimmick is hunting by sound can be deprived of hearing the survivors by a meta perk! A perk that got a reasonable chance to be picked by 1-3 survivors in each random game group, and even 4 times happen.

I know, I know, git gud and stuff, learn to play around it, don't rely on a perk crutch yadda yadda, but I still fail to see the wisdom in this decision. I would really wish if during her haunting they would give her at least her basic hearing ability, it just feels so damning that you can't use your power properly, 40% of the time.

Also, played right she is super braindead and anyone with 2 functional brain cells can easily 4K with her!!!1

P.S.: Hey Gannman, how is it going? I am eagerly awaiting your input on the matter and hope that you can help an aspiring Spirit side-main out <3

Here are my stats for the 14 games that I played with her so far. Happy hunting, Killers :)

image.png


Comments

  • I wish Spirit was strong. I would have a Spirit icon on if she were halfway decent. She is basically like Wraith, if he was blind. Why people actually believe she is good is beyond me, but I am glad they have fun with her. I am actually super jealous.

  • I used to play her after the nerf but soon realized how much info survivors have on you unless you run the best add ons.

    So I dont play her anymore cause she seems too much work for low reward.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I wish Spirit was strong. I would have a Spirit icon on if she were halfway decent. She is basically like Wraith, if he was blind. Why people actually believe she is good is beyond me, but I am glad they have fun with her. I am actually super jealous.

    Blind Wraith? Yeah, that actually describes her gameplay pretty well. At least you don't pump into car wrecks and trees while hunting, but you definitely need some luck in order to stumble into a survivor, while they hear you going all "UwU" from 24m away.

    At least I always start my trials in high spirit as the camera is dead-set to frame Rins behind from really close. Maybe thats some "Fatal Frame" spoof? Or a hidden hint that we will get a Kirie Himuro skin, soon? Ohhh that would be so exciting if it was true and I called it here, first :D

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778754#Comment_2778754

    Blind Wraith? Yeah, that actually describes her gameplay pretty well. At least you don't pump into car wrecks and trees while hunting, but you definitely need some luck in order to stumble into a survivor, while they hear you going all "UwU" from 24m away.

    At least I always start my trials in high spirit as the camera is dead-set to frame Rins behind from really close. Maybe thats some "Fatal Frame" spoof? Or a hidden hint that we will get a Kirie Himuro skin, soon? Ohhh that would be so exciting if it was true and I called it here, first :D

    That is hilarious, my sister was just talking about how we need a Fatal Frame collab. And I also appreciate Rin's butt. We have so much in common, Akuma.

  • Can I just say that positive posts and replies like these are what made you quickly become one of my favorite forum members?

    Anyways yeah Spirit is really fun rn, it's a bit difficult to deal with IW but she's still a blast to play as. I like using the recharge add-on and duration add-on, as they allow you to use your power more often.

    My current build on her (with my limited selection of perks on her due to me not leveling her up much, I'm trying to P3 50 Artist so yeah lol) is BBQ, Haunted Ground, Retribution, and Lethal Pursuer. When HG gets cleansed, Retribution shows the auras of all survivors, allowing me to vroom all the way to a survivor and instantly down them. Lethal Pursuer shows the auras of all survivors at the start of the trial which can be useful with phasing. And BBQ is, well, BBQ, bloodpoints and info.

    I'm glad you're having a good time with her despite IW being IW, Spirit is a very enjoyable killer with many things to do!

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778761#Comment_2778761

    That is hilarious, my sister was just talking about how we need a Fatal Frame collab. And I also appreciate Rin's butt. We have so much in common, Akuma.

    Awwww, so wholesome :) And yeah, we also share our love for recreational Bubba-ing if things seem gloom and the world needs just a big smile in its darkest places --- like the basement! There is nothing like a basement party where everyone comes together to just hang out and chill.

  • Spirit's my only P3 Killer (I'm working on Pinhead, giving up all those perks sucked); and yeah, Iron Will is just so... depressing. Honestly, it feels like she feeds way too much information back by how many ways Survivors now have to deny and react to it--you have a lot of speed, but have to go around everything, whilst screaming a loud audio cue anywhere. Meanwhile, if Survivors walk or are injured and have Iron Will they don't give you any audio info; scratch marks are vague and sometimes misleading even if they're there, and looping can more or less carry on as normal because it's hard to misplace Spirit.

    MDR zooms are fun, but DCB is the one that deals with the "the counterplay to your Power is actually stronger than your Power" part.

  • Honestly IW needs a nerf in general. It’s way too strong for not having any sort of cooldown or having to earn it

  • I used to know a forum user that loves to talk about spirit.

    Can't remember their name though. Idk they probably hate spirit and think she's gross now. They probably ended up maining legion.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    I used to know a forum user that loves to talk about spirit.

    Can't remember their name though. Idk they probably hate spirit and think she's gross now. They probably ended up maining legion.

    I suppose they are lost to history now.

  • @TheGannMan

    Hey, I've got something for you there bud.

  • Spirit is... Interesting. When the survivors do not have Iron Will, she's relatively easy and incredibly strong depending on tile setup. When the survivors do have Iron Will, she feels rather powerless unless you're very good at tracking through footsteps + grass movement.

    Overall, I'd like a sort of 50-75% IW made base kit whenever Spirit is phasing (she can only hear survivors at 50-75% volume), followed by (same patch) Iron Will being nerfed into the ground.

  • @MrDardon said:

    @TheGannMan

    Hey, I've got something for you there bud.

    Gann hates spirit now

  • Oh yes.

    I forgor that he doesn't wanna talk about her anymore 🤷.

    Guess I am the leader of Spirits now.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778970#Comment_2778970

    Oh yes.

    I forgor that he doesn't wanna talk about her anymore 🤷.

    Guess I am the leader of Spirits now.

    Yes

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I enjoy playing her. The issue I'm finding is I don't know how much info survivors are getting when I phase so I can use that for strategy. I hardly ever face her as a survivor and when I do the ones I face almost never use the power. I don't really know how it looks on the other end.

    They know your exact position, even more then if you were not in phase and trying to mind game a wall.

  • I love having these kinds of discussions about killers that don't start with someone going on a long, nonsensical rant.


    Alas, if only there were some dedicated Spirit main, who is passionate about posting and talking about her, to help us all out here.

  • Spirit is in kind of a strange place as others have said. It is probably time they nerfed iron will in some way, especially since they keep releasing other perks that hide your injured noises which are all situational...and none of them get used because why take any of them over something that passively and permanently deletes all your noises with no requirements or downsides?

    I also got better headphones recently (because I trod on my old ones and broke them, rip) and now I can hear uninjured survivors breathing a lot more often. So if you have iron will it's honestly better to stay injured which is weird. And I don't like that ability to play a killer (well/better) correlates with what external equipment you can afford


    (Off topic but I got mine really cheap off ebay, the description said it was reduced so much just because they were covered in scratches which isn't something I care about but when they arrived they weren't scratched at all? I mean I'm not complaining)