Boil Over (again)

Just tested it out on RPD.

Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Please remove 25% wiggle progress and replaced with +1 or 2sec stun if escape the grasp. It still requires survivors to put effort but reward for success

  • Well, not to me they can't, I would like to see those sniveling survivor mains try it with my too swole to control Bubba build. It would be a nice gg ez. They would probably type it too after getting disgraced... You know them!

  • I am 100% for killswitching RPD or boil over.

  • You can solve this with slugging. About time we put some pressure on slugging gameplay so BHVR can make it a lil better.

  • @Emeal said:

    You can solve this with slugging. About time we put some pressure on slugging gameplay so BHVR can make it a lil better.

    We literally just won using No Mither, Exponential, Boil Over and Flip Flop.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Just tested it out on RPD.

    Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

    I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

    It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

    Fun fact: i reported the RCPD issue back in september. Maybe it gets solved now. But i´m not optimistic, as people have already told me that the kill switch only gets used on broken things and that this is working as intended.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Just tested it out on RPD.

    Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

    I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

    It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

    Yerp.

    I've run into 4 squads doing this since the change went live. The only one I was able to clinch a win was where I literally dropped two slugs in the upper office of IWOM and blocked them in.

  • Maps were never designed around falls potentially giving survivors wiggle progress and the developers didn't update them with that in mind.

    This was going to blow up one way or another as the 25% wiggle progress from falls is something you're forced to work around while designing/updating on every map.

  • Yep. I told this story in another thread, but when I was messing around with Boil Over I got the Ironworks Of Misery by chance and the killer literally could not hook me because the top floor basically became a safe zone.

    The extra 25% wiggle progress is just too much. Combining that with extra wiggle speed from great skill checks makes the perk crazy on maps with two stories. Everyone I went against who has brought Boil Over kept bringing map offerings to Eyrie Of Crows and Dead Dawg Saloon, making it awful to deal with.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Maps were never designed around falls potentially giving survivors wiggle progress and the developers didn't update them with that in mind.

    This was going to blow up one way or another as the 25% wiggle progress from falls is something you're forced to work around while designing/updating on every map.

    Reminds me of old Balanced Landing. The existance of a perk that could exploit map design meant they had to give it back the fall stagger. New Boil Over does the same thing, although this is worse because it's more of a SWF bully perk now.

    This is what the kill-switch is for. Let's use it devs. And while you have Notepad++ open, maybe killswitch CoH and Dead Hard too.

  • Boil Over seems to be the thing to go to.... But keep playing around it and things will change back (unfortunately)

    With all of the perks at play it also seems like we can't adjust fast enough... And I get that some perks are considered weak but if we make a use for it then things will change

  • As an added note, the community hates it.

    I'm currently being held hostage by two Feng's and a Ghostface because I had Boil Over lmao

  • What's funny is you can't do anything to retaliate, So you straight up have to just DC. Because the devs gave them a legalized way to hostage hold the game. Meanwhile if you bodyblocked them in the corner of that library for basically hostage holding you, you'd get banned. Slugging works in some of the situations but in others it really doesn't.

    100% it won't be kill switched or changed any time soon.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    What's funny is you can't do anything to retaliate, So you straight up have to just DC. Because the devs gave them a legalized way to hostage hold the game. Meanwhile if you bodyblocked them in the corner of that library for basically hostage holding you, you'd get banned. Slugging works in some of the situations but in others it really doesn't.

    100% it won't be kill switched or changed any time soon.

    Oh, you can slug them.

    It just takes an unholy amount of time for them to bleed-out. Which is stupid, but you can totally slug them even if they have Boon: Exponential and No Mither. In my test on RPD, I think it took about 10 minutes for me to bleed-out.

  • What should I do today? Oh, let's cry about boil over.

    "The retired dbd player"

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    What should I do today? Oh, let's cry about boil over.

    "The retired dbd player"

    I'm sure you don't use the perk

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    What should I do today? Oh, let's cry about boil over.

    "The retired dbd player"

    I'm pretty sure I said multiple times in that post that I wasn't quitting. Honesty is important to me and I made sure I accurately reflected my future with the game in said post.

    My friends still play and I got them into the game. If they ask, I'll play with them. I can't very well abandon them now, can I?

    As for me, I tried a singular Killer match, just to see if anything had changed. Didn't like it and that was it. I'm still done playing DBD on my own. This does make my totem experiment rather difficult, which is why I've handed it off to @Shdw_Void to pull in the Solo Q games, if he wants.



    Likewise, are you truly sure that arguing for infinites is a wise idea? I'm not calling you out (unlike what you did to me) but only people who lack skill crutch on infinites.

  • Not even to test it.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774361#Comment_2774361

    I'm pretty sure I said multiple times in that post that I wasn't quitting. Honesty is important to me and I made sure I accurately reflected my future with the game in said post.

    My friends still play and I got them into the game. If they ask, I'll play with them. I can't very well abandon them now, can I?

    As for me, I tried a singular Killer match, just to see if anything had changed. Didn't like it and that was it. I'm still done playing DBD on my own. This does make my totem experiment rather difficult, which is why I've handed it off to @Shdw_Void to pull in the Solo Q games, if he wants.

    Likewise, are you truly sure that arguing for infinites is a wise idea? I'm not calling you out (unlike what you did to me) but only people who lack skill crutch on infinites.

    I was right, the "uninstall" dbd players still playing the game and texting at the same time on forums. Check out again your integrity of your words.

    "See you tomorrow"

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774366#Comment_2774366

    Not even to test it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774367#Comment_2774367

    I was right, the "uninstall" dbd players still playing the game and texting at the same time on forums. Check out again your integrity of your words.

    "See you tomorrow"

    Here's the link:

    @Pulsar said:

    It's been almost 4 years and far too many hours, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not finding any enjoyment in DBD anymore. I realized it when I started panicking when I thought about queuing up as Killer and that when I found myself dreading playing Survivor. I have two friends who still play DBD (Survivor-only) and they'll probably get me to play with them. But I think I'm done playing on my own. For my own sanity, this is sort of my goodbye post. I'm not leaving the Forums or anything, I like a lot of you too much, but I don't think I can play the game regularly anymore.

    I have....mixed feelings about the game. On the one hand, it has incredible potential. On the other, it will never ever reach that potential. The company behind the game (not saying Devs because I don't think they have any say in what actually gets worked on) has shown that they are all about monetization. This was made most clear in the NFT incident in 2021. The game has always been a revolving door of players. Until that changes (and eventually they will run out of players), there is zero incentive for the potential of this game to be realized. This can also be seen in the broken promise of 60 FPS on Xbox One and PS4. BHVR promised and it kept players playing and buying cosmetics and Chapters. That's clearly all they care about. Their absolute refusal to answer one way or the other about Console Optimization speaks volumes.

    I think my biggest issue with this game is that what's fun for one side usually makes the other side feel like #########. To illustrate my point, I'll literally copy this post

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/60j6se/hi_im_a_dead_by_daylight_player_and_psychologist/

    "Concept 1: Humiliation DbD's gameplay is centered on humiliating your adversary. I would argue that every aspect of the gameplay is an act of humiliation, not competition, like you see in other games. The reward-based outcomes combined with asymmetric gameplay makes DbD uniquely painful to emotionally process both your losses AND wins. Let's look at the various aspects of gameplay:

    Killer Humiliates

    1. Frustrates a survivor's ability to contribute to their team (social humiliation)
    2. Frustrates a survivor's ability to level up and earn points (reward-denial humiliation)
    3. Frustrates a survivor's ability to appear competent in front of their survivor peers (mild self-esteem humiliation)

    Survivor Humiliates

    1. Frustrates a killer's ability to appear competitive and threatening in the game environment (social)
    2. Frustrates a killer's ability to level up and earn points (reward-denial humiliation)
    3. Humiliates the killer in post-game chat, something that while survivors aren't immune to, but have group social support resources to easily heal from (severe self-esteem humiliation)

    Concept 2: Rollercoaster of Emotional Injury If a killer wins, but doesn't win "right" (camping, some glitch, lag, etc) they are deprived of their celebration by the survivors (survivor decides whether killers can celebrate, another humiliation). If a survivor wins, but everyone doesn't survive, the sacrificed survivor is deprived of joining in the celebration (the killer can take this opportunity to humiliate them). Through all of this, both player sides undergo extreme stress.

    Killer Stress

    Killers experience states of stress throughout the game: trying to find survivors, being evaded by survivors, losing track of survivors, and protecting hooks from survivor saves. Killers, at no point, have any moment of emotional peace or sense of "safety" from these states. The emotional injury ALWAYS ramps up in post-game end chat, and at the gate, where killers are ritualistically humiliated by twerking/circling/various taunts.

    Survivor Stress

    Survivors experience states of stress, too, with waves of calm: hiding, peacefully working on gens with their peers, being in the terror radius, evading, and being on the hook. Successful evasion and successful hides are followed by positive feelings of calm, while being chased is stressful, and being caught, hooked, and killed is a very substantial, large loss. A hooked survivor has disappointed their team, lost a huge amount of point potential, and been humiliated by the killer. Watch streamer facial expressions change when they realize they cannot be rescued and are dead, after a long match. There is pain in their face."

    I've stuck with this game through thick and thin. I've watched as the 20 friends I had playing DBD dwindled to only 2. I can't keep playing a game that makes me feel worse for playing it. I don't even remember the last time I had fun playing this game. At best, it was "not horrible." I found myself talking to my remaining friends (and a party of 6 other players) about the success of DBD. Someone jokingly said they "hope it fails" and I found, rather disturbingly, that I agreed with them and so did the others. I don't know why I harbor that feeling, but it can't be good.

    In short, I can't continue to play a game that routinely makes me feel worse and I can't continue to financially support a company that throws their weight behind NFT's and demonstrates they don't care about their playerbase past their wallets.

    So, DBD, this is mostly goodbye (until my friends guilt me into playing SWF with them). It's been an interesting ride.

    Here's direct quotes:

    "I have two friends who still play DBD (Survivor-only) and they'll probably get me to play with them. But I think I'm done playing on my own."

    "I'm not leaving the Forums or anything, I like a lot of you too much"

    "So, DBD, this is mostly goodbye (until my friends guilt me into playing SWF with them)."


    This entire discussion is completely off-topic and verifiably false. Stop making things up.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774375#Comment_2774375

    Here's the link:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/304911/dead-by-daylight-has-won

    Here's direct quotes:

    "I have two friends who still play DBD (Survivor-only) and they'll probably get me to play with them. But I think I'm done playing on my own."

    "I'm not leaving the Forums or anything, I like a lot of you too much"

    "So, DBD, this is mostly goodbye (until my friends guilt me into playing SWF with them)."

    This entire discussion is completely off-topic and verifiably false. Stop making things up.

    Oh, find and the most recent post of yours who pretty much said "I don't know if the CoH nerf is enough to make play the game again"

    See you tomorrow.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774386#Comment_2774386

    Oh, find and the most recent post of yours who pretty much said "I don't know if the CoH nerf is enough to make play the game again"

    See you tomorrow.

    I sure did!

    Here's what I said: "Yeah, this update really isn't enticing me to come back."

    Now, here's where context matters. What was the original post titled? Oh yeah, "I EXPECT ANOTHER DROP IN THE KILLER POPULATION."

  • Let's keep the thread on topic, thank you.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774397#Comment_2774397

    I sure did!

    Here's what I said: "Yeah, this update really isn't enticing me to come back."

    Now, here's where context matters. What was the original post titled? Oh yeah, "I EXPECT ANOTHER DROP IN THE KILLER POPULATION."

    I wouldn't be surprised if the new Boil Over is heavily contributing to the killer shortage right now. I know that my matchmaking has been complete kafka since yesterday, and for the first time in a long while it's everything I hated about ranks. A hardcore TTVer and his chums that finish all the gens in about 3 minutes - with me on Hag no less (my absolute strongest killer) using my best build and addons, and the next time I play Hag I kill everyone at 4 gens remaining.

    Ugh. Honestly, Boil Over needs to be turned off until it can be adjusted. It's the worst sort of perk - not very powerful, but annoying and opens the door to all sorts of shenanigans.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774403#Comment_2774403

    I wouldn't be surprised if the new Boil Over is heavily contributing to the killer shortage right now. I know that my matchmaking has been complete kafka since yesterday, and for the first time in a long while it's everything I hated about ranks. A hardcore TTVer and his chums that finish all the gens in about 3 minutes - with me on Hag no less (my absolute strongest killer) using my best build and addons, and the next time I play Hag I kill everyone at 4 gens remaining.

    Ugh. Honestly, Boil Over needs to be turned off until it can be adjusted. It's the worst sort of perk - not very powerful, but annoying and opens the door to all sorts of shenanigans.

     A hardcore TTVer and his chums that finish all the gens in about 3 minutes - with me on Hag no less (my absolute strongest killer) using my best build and addons, and the next time I play Hag I kill everyone at 4 gens remaining.

    That was basically my experience with MMR after the first month, so I'm sure you understand why I didn't enjoy it very much.


    But yeah, Boil Over basically only exists as a bully perk and serves one purpose, to make people's lives miserable. It's basically the Insidious of Survivor perks.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774403#Comment_2774403

    I wouldn't be surprised if the new Boil Over is heavily contributing to the killer shortage right now. I know that my matchmaking has been complete kafka since yesterday, and for the first time in a long while it's everything I hated about ranks. A hardcore TTVer and his chums that finish all the gens in about 3 minutes - with me on Hag no less (my absolute strongest killer) using my best build and addons, and the next time I play Hag I kill everyone at 4 gens remaining.

    Ugh. Honestly, Boil Over needs to be turned off until it can be adjusted. It's the worst sort of perk - not very powerful, but annoying and opens the door to all sorts of shenanigans.

    My queues were a minute to two minutes longer than usual last night. But I attributed that to the event, and not boil over. A lot of people who play killer these days are incentivized by the higher BP gain of killers, but the event basically removes that and a dead survivor can gain more BP than a killer who puts up with boil over for an entire game. So there is no actual incentive to play the role unless you for some reason still enjoy it. I actually cannot think of any reason to play killer outside of finding it fun still, and I think people who still find killer fun are few and far between.

    I am sure boil over is not helping at all, though.

  • Perks fine, they just need to fix rpd.


    Though I honestly thought they were gonna knock it down to 15% instead of 25.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774477#Comment_2774477

     A hardcore TTVer and his chums that finish all the gens in about 3 minutes - with me on Hag no less (my absolute strongest killer) using my best build and addons, and the next time I play Hag I kill everyone at 4 gens remaining.

    That was basically my experience with MMR after the first month, so I'm sure you understand why I didn't enjoy it very much.

    But yeah, Boil Over basically only exists as a bully perk and serves one purpose, to make people's lives miserable. It's basically the Insidious of Survivor perks.

    How is Insidious a bully perk? Does that make Ghostface the ultimate bully killer? I don't get it.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774548#Comment_2774548

    How is Insidious a bully perk? Does that make Ghostface the ultimate bully killer? I don't get it.

    In theory you could use Insidious for something like kicking a generator, walking behind a wall and waiting for Insidious to activate and then attack whoever came back to repair the generator. That's not what it's generally used for though. It sees use almost exclusively as a camping tool, often in the basement.

    Just like Boil Over will likely not be used for anything other than abusing certain spots in certain maps.

    They both have "legit" uses but they are generally used for unfun strategies.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774619#Comment_2774619

    In theory you could use Insidious for something like kicking a generator, walking behind a wall and waiting for Insidious to activate and then attack whoever came back to repair the generator. That's not what it's generally used for though. It sees use almost exclusively as a camping tool, often in the basement.

    Just like Boil Over will likely not be used for anything other than abusing certain spots in certain maps.

    They both have "legit" uses but they are generally used for unfun strategies.

    Except insidious can be countered with eyes.

  • Yikes its that bad?

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774477#Comment_2774477

    My queues were a minute to two minutes longer than usual last night. But I attributed that to the event, and not boil over. A lot of people who play killer these days are incentivized by the higher BP gain of killers, but the event basically removes that and a dead survivor can gain more BP than a killer who puts up with boil over for an entire game. So there is no actual incentive to play the role unless you for some reason still enjoy it. I actually cannot think of any reason to play killer outside of finding it fun still, and I think people who still find killer fun are few and far between.

    I am sure boil over is not helping at all, though.

    I had to test this, so i started a match as killer with the envelope. Got 11 hooks after an agonizing long match (partly due to not reaching the hook) aaaaand less bloodpoints than a dead survivor.

    This definetly impacts queues.

  • Had mostly erie of crows,disturbed,and rpd yesterday (offering after offering) and each survivor would just go to a spot they know i can't make. It needs to go.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Please remove 25% wiggle progress and replaced with +1 or 2sec stun if escape the grasp. It still requires survivors to put effort but reward for success

    This makes escaping impossible again.

    @Pulsar said:

    Just tested it out on RPD.

    Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

    I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

    It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

    Bully Squad = not every squad. There’s regular players, just like me. Who likes having a possible chance to escape a killers grasp when once they’ve messed up. This perk doesn’t work on every map well. And I think you are just going a bit too far. You can just let players bleed out if you are afraid of it or dodge such SWFs. Some names are obvious but not every. It’s probably a map issue design.


    And again on my next day, the crying starts over again. This community is really disappointing.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774550#Comment_2774550

    I had to test this, so i started a match as killer with the envelope. Got 11 hooks after an agonizing long match (partly due to not reaching the hook) aaaaand less bloodpoints than a dead survivor.

    This definetly impacts queues.

    My queues are agonisingly slow, first games I had today I had 2 killers in a row DC. This really isn't helping matters at all either

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774639#Comment_2774639

    My queues are agonisingly slow, first games I had today I had 2 killers in a row DC. This really isn't helping matters at all either

    I don´t get who thought that killers struggling to reach a hook + earning less points than survivors which obviously have a blast using Boil Over, was a good idea. Lets hope this doesn´t turn into a Howling Grounds part 2.

  • Iron Grasp would help a lot, if you wanna get them to hooks much easier. But I agree with you with the RPD it's like a nightmare and that's the reason why I hate playing as killer.

  • @Astral88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774282#Comment_2774282

    This makes escaping impossible again.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307314/boil-over-again

    Bully Squad = not every squad. There’s regular players, just like me. Who likes having a possible chance to escape a killers grasp when once they’ve messed up. This perk doesn’t work on every map well. And I think you are just going a bit too far. You can just let players bleed out if you are afraid of it or dodge such SWFs. Some names are obvious but not every. It’s probably a map issue design.

    And again on my next day, the crying starts over again. This community is really disappointing.

    Then how there are grasp escape happened multiple times before the buff?


    Grasp save is an effort of the saver, who use sabo/breakout may be with MoM to save a single hook. Mind that a single hook save is very important, thats why flashlight & lightborn are strong on their own aspect.

    You just can not put a single perk and have free grasp escape 2-3 times per match. The wiggle strength 75 to 100, aura remove from 10 to 16 is already a good buff (not great). Which I think adding extra stun time would be more than enough.

  • I played quite a few matches with Boil Over and it did almost nothing every match. The problem is not Boil Over, is RPD. That map was designed for Resident Evil, not for DbD, and so it requires a massive overhaul to make sense in this game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774361#Comment_2774361

    I'm pretty sure I said multiple times in that post that I wasn't quitting. Honesty is important to me and I made sure I accurately reflected my future with the game in said post.

    My friends still play and I got them into the game. If they ask, I'll play with them. I can't very well abandon them now, can I?

    As for me, I tried a singular Killer match, just to see if anything had changed. Didn't like it and that was it. I'm still done playing DBD on my own. This does make my totem experiment rather difficult, which is why I've handed it off to @Shdw_Void to pull in the Solo Q games, if he wants.

    Likewise, are you truly sure that arguing for infinites is a wise idea? I'm not calling you out (unlike what you did to me) but only people who lack skill crutch on infinites.

    NO! we need the totem experiment numbers. They are helpful😞

  • I don't struggle against boil over in open areas, and let the resistance carry me whatever direction it's pulling until I can swing my momentum in the direction of the hook. It works well but only in open areas.

    As for RPD boil over I haven't experienced that yet, and honestly won't. Mods don't delete this (again) when I say this but if I see RPD offerings in this state of the game, I'll assume it's for boil over hostage bully plays and I'll DC and move to a match where I can actually just Olay the game.

    I'm not personally going to subject myself to that situation seeing how awful it is and knowing there's absolutely nothing that can be done to counter or give a fighting chance.

    However, if hook rng plays a factor then I won't but so far it seems like there's no actual chance you can stop a wiggle off in the library.

    I want to play the game, not be in a compilation video lol

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774658#Comment_2774658

    Then how there are grasp escape happened multiple times before the buff?

    Grasp save is an effort of the saver, who use sabo/breakout may be with MoM to save a single hook. Mind that a single hook save is very important, thats why flashlight & lightborn are strong on their own aspect.

    You just can not put a single perk and have free grasp escape 2-3 times per match. The wiggle strength 75 to 100, aura remove from 10 to 16 is already a good buff (not great). Which I think adding extra stun time would be more than enough.

    Says who? You? I guess you are not the game designer. Before this update, it was literally pointless to even attempt to wiggle cause in 99% of all cases and if your team mates don’t take 1k hits, you will not escape.


    Now after this update, you’ve a fairer chance to escape if conditions are met. Conditions are: reaching 100% of wiggling bar; 25% is added if the killer is dropping from a height which just is realistically, doesn’t means automatically that you get free after every grasp. Ofc you could make it look like so op, that some ppl needs to run into the forum again and cry for it to get nerfed, but that’s not the point of this game. It’s just an underwhelming experience I’ve made so far from this community, not accepting that, if specific conditions are met, that a player can escape eventually or has any advantages. It’s not like killers already got a lot of advantages. You need to keep stomping more and more!


    Guess that’s how it shouldn’t be!

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774293#Comment_2774293

    We literally just won using No Mither, Exponential, Boil Over and Flip Flop.

    Yes but I highly doubt you're going to run into a bully squad swf with those type builds on RPD much.

    Of course it's possible but extremely rare.

  • @Astral88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774675#Comment_2774675

    Says who? You? I guess you are not the game designer. Before this update, it was literally pointless to even attempt to wiggle cause in 99% of all cases and if your team mates don’t take 1k hits, you will not escape.

    Now after this update, you’ve a fairer chance to escape if conditions are met. Conditions are: reaching 100% of wiggling bar; 25% is added if the killer is dropping from a height which just is realistically, doesn’t means automatically that you get free after every grasp. Ofc you could make it look like so op, that some ppl needs to run into the forum again and cry for it to get nerfed, but that’s not the point of this game. It’s just an underwhelming experience I’ve made so far from this community, not accepting that, if specific conditions are met, that a player can escape eventually or has any advantages. It’s not like killers already got a lot of advantages. You need to keep stomping more and more!

    Guess that’s how it shouldn’t be!

    Well, consider you won : D

    image.png

    That was furthest energy I can output.

  • Been watching a streamer friend between games and he was running Boil Over but had to take it off as pretty much every killer hard tunnelled him out of the game once they realised he had it lol. Honestly seems pretty fair though, I guess the killers figure if survivors will do something that make the match unfun for them then they will play in an unfun way in return.

    I think we will see this happen a lot more, run Boil Over I guess you can expect you will likely be hard tunnelled

  • @Astral88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774282#Comment_2774282

    This makes escaping impossible again.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307314/boil-over-again

    Bully Squad = not every squad. There’s regular players, just like me. Who likes having a possible chance to escape a killers grasp when once they’ve messed up. This perk doesn’t work on every map well. And I think you are just going a bit too far. You can just let players bleed out if you are afraid of it or dodge such SWFs. Some names are obvious but not every. It’s probably a map issue design.

    And again on my next day, the crying starts over again. This community is really disappointing.

    Arguing that it is a flaw in map design is absolutely pointless when players have complete control over deciding what map they want to go to.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Been watching a streamer friend between games and he was running Boil Over but had to take it off as pretty much every killer hard tunnelled him out of the game once they realised he had it lol. Honestly seems pretty fair though, I guess the killers figure if survivors will do something that make the match unfun for them then they will play in an unfun way in return.

    I think we will see this happen a lot more, run Boil Over I guess you can expect you will likely be hard tunnelled

    I’m sorry but running boil over is no reason to tunnel someone out. Not everyone is using it to be a bully or make the killers match unfun. And it’s not as if many people are gonna use it cause it’s only good on RPD anyway.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774741#Comment_2774741

    I’m sorry but running boil over is no reason to tunnel someone out. Not everyone is using it to be a bully or make the killers match unfun. And it’s not as if many people are gonna use it cause it’s only good on RPD anyway.

    Why not? I mean tunnelling is a valid play style as is using Boil Over and neither is fun for the other side. It most definitely is being abused already so I understand killers playing in an unfun way in response. Not that tunnelling etc didn't exist before but it seems this perk is a sure fire way to guarantee you get hard tunnelled

  • @Astral88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774675#Comment_2774675

    Says who? You? I guess you are not the game designer. Before this update, it was literally pointless to even attempt to wiggle cause in 99% of all cases and if your team mates don’t take 1k hits, you will not escape.

    Now after this update, you’ve a fairer chance to escape if conditions are met. Conditions are: reaching 100% of wiggling bar; 25% is added if the killer is dropping from a height which just is realistically, doesn’t means automatically that you get free after every grasp. Ofc you could make it look like so op, that some ppl needs to run into the forum again and cry for it to get nerfed, but that’s not the point of this game. It’s just an underwhelming experience I’ve made so far from this community, not accepting that, if specific conditions are met, that a player can escape eventually or has any advantages. It’s not like killers already got a lot of advantages. You need to keep stomping more and more!

    Guess that’s how it shouldn’t be!

    Fair? The killer won the chase. Generally speaking, they're meant to get the hook. If you could wiggle out reliably, the game balance would be an absolute mess.

    Wiggling enables team save plays and prevents the killer from hooking you wherever they want. It's not meant to be a get out of being downed free card.

    @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774741#Comment_2774741

    I’m sorry but running boil over is no reason to tunnel someone out. Not everyone is using it to be a bully or make the killers match unfun. And it’s not as if many people are gonna use it cause it’s only good on RPD anyway.

    I've been playing solo and I've still seen killers take 5+ tries to hook someone several times in one match - Crotus Prenn, Badham. Actually, in 2/3 of the cases, the killer never 'caught' that player, they just gave up focused on someone else. In all of those cases, the killer had to facecamp or mass slug because those players were just buying too much time for the team and chasing was pointless. Whether they were trying to bully the killer or just cheese a win - I guess it matters a little, but certainly not to the killer. It's the difference between a Basement Bubba doing it because he wants salt versus wanting a chill 4k; it's still absolute trash to play against and you're not really going to be any happier about loading into that game if it's case 2.

    RPD is the absolute worst case scenario with Boil Over, but there are many maps where with a pinch of luck, you'll have a hook dead zone. I know Thompson House, Saloon, Asylum, and Eyrie can do it.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Please remove 25% wiggle progress and replaced with +1 or 2sec stun if escape the grasp. It still requires survivors to put effort but reward for success

    Always want survivors to put in effort…never the killer

  • They should killswitch RPD.

‹ 1 2