Boil Over (again)

Just tested it out on RPD.

Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @DawnOasis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774282#Comment_2774282

    Always want survivors to put in effort…never the killer

    survivors to put in effort?

    I play solo yes we get bad games but survivor still easier then killer ever be,killer have to put more effort then survivor just to get 1k or 2k

  • I really don't see the difference between this and those people who lag switched with No Mither. It's essentially the same thing, you can't hook them because they wiggle off and you can't slug them because they can get up by themselves.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Just tested it out on RPD.

    Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

    I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

    It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

    If you think you can't hook them go to a high place so while they fall you have enough time to recover the stun and catch easier

  • @DawnOasis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774282#Comment_2774282

    Always want survivors to put in effort…never the killer

    Hehe, many people here knows me and the Op play both sides.

    Even me want DS as basekit for survivor because I dont like tunneling.

    But new Boil over should not be a thing when sabo, breakout, MoM exist along with Boil over. Wait, did I mention toolbox & Oak?

    Survivors have 16 perks, 4 items, 8 addon and 4 offering. They can pay (blood point) to win,just a reminding

  • Developers: Hey! Let's take 6.25% of the wriggle meter away with the new skillchecks!

    Also Developers: Hey! Let's give Survivors 25% of the wriggle meter for free if the Killer steps off a 1 foot ledge into the basement.

    Also, Also Developers: What? Killers are unhappy Survivors can get 31% of the wriggle bar for minimal effort? This is a surprise!

  • The frustrating part for me which works on every map is that you basically can't move properly. Had a duo with boil over and saboteur and it was a nightmare because I couldn't smack the person sabotaging cuz of all the wiggling. Game took forever and turned into a slugfest.

  • @espooked said:

    Yikes its that bad?

    Yes.

    Don't get me wrong, it's fun as ######### for Survivors. The only reason I won't run it again is because I sympathize with Killers.

  • @Astral88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774282#Comment_2774282

    This makes escaping impossible again.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307314/boil-over-again

    Bully Squad = not every squad. There’s regular players, just like me. Who likes having a possible chance to escape a killers grasp when once they’ve messed up. This perk doesn’t work on every map well. And I think you are just going a bit too far. You can just let players bleed out if you are afraid of it or dodge such SWFs. Some names are obvious but not every. It’s probably a map issue design.

    And again on my next day, the crying starts over again. This community is really disappointing.

    So instead of fixing one singular perk, you'd rather disable 10+ maps.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Developers: Hey! Let's take 6.25% of the wriggle meter away with the new skillchecks!

    Also Developers: Hey! Let's give Survivors 25% of the wriggle meter for free if the Killer steps off a 1 foot ledge into the basement.

    Also, Also Developers: What? Killers are unhappy Survivors can get 31% of the wriggle bar for minimal effort? This is a surprise!

    The devs wouldn't be asking that last part because they don't care.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Just tested it out on RPD.

    Holy #########. You can actually take the game hostage for as long as you want. I have no idea how it got through the PTB.

    I know that the Mods said they are continuing to monitor the situation, but it actually needs to be killswitched until they fix it.

    It's not even like the perk is objectively good. It's only going to be used by bully squads and people wanting to take others hostage. Reminds me of the Sabo meta or the Dribble meta. I understand we all have varying views on how the game should be balanced, but I hope we can all agree that this perk is a huge issue in design and a glaring issue with the PTB process.

    I will post a clip right after I'm done streaming this happened to me on mothers , no mither boiled over took main building gen hostage couldn't drop down to hook if I let him be slugged picked himself up.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774619#Comment_2774619

    In theory you could use Insidious for something like kicking a generator, walking behind a wall and waiting for Insidious to activate and then attack whoever came back to repair the generator. That's not what it's generally used for though. It sees use almost exclusively as a camping tool, often in the basement.

    Just like Boil Over will likely not be used for anything other than abusing certain spots in certain maps.

    They both have "legit" uses but they are generally used for unfun strategies.

    Abusing map design or game mechanics is reportable and bannable your use of words here didn't help your cause.

1 2 ›