Survivor sided game

Have y'all seen otzdarvas video proving that the game isn't actually survivor sided or "as" survivor sided? Scott jund, otz and other content creators claim that you don't go against a swf every game, which I do. I can bring the most broken build but my perks will get taken away or I'll be destroyed by dead hard to a God pallet. How's the game not survivor sided? I had a game, and not just A game but many games like this. This match was basically me downing them fast at the beginning of the match. They were still at 5 gens and it looked like it was unwinnable for them. I would down them fast but it didn't matter because they would never die so I call that the infinite hook effect. There was nothing I could do because they had boil over and would sabo. Even though they were getting clapped, they still did all 5 gens, isn't that crazy? Nothing I could do. It's very common for this to happen. Fast generators even though I should be winning? Every single game was just sweaty and frustrating. Dead hard every time I would mind game them at a jungle gym. I don't understand how Scott or otz have survivor sided opinions when killers are literally quitting the game and not having fun. They also just claim that matches are still winnable and that you should look at your mistakes? A game I have been playing for 4 years now? Jeez.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Hunkulese said:

    Dude I been playing this game for 4 years now but man I just need to get better at the game, right?

    That's what it sounds like.

    Yeah just give me like 10 more years and I'll be decent at the game

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771739#Comment_2771739

    IF the survivors play in a very efficiant way and teamplay with meta perks and items then yes.

    It also depends on the map, map spawns, killer, addons and perks you use.

    Do you play a blight with alchemists ring and iri blight tag and full anti gen? Then the game may be balanced

    Do you play a nemi chan? No you will most likely have a big fat loss with just 1 kill, if you are lucky and they messed up then maybe 2.

    Its hard to say in the end if the game is survivor sided or not, there are a lot of factors but in terms of higher level play yes the game is survivor sided. But ppl use this term so easily on the smallest issues to justify why they lost which is just cringe to see.

    I host my own tournaments and i keep seeing ppl trying to find excuses to their losses and often blame (mostly even) the maps which wherent most of the time the reason WHY they lost.

    If it require one of few OP killers, general balance is surely tilted to survivors.

  • @Hunkulese said:

    Dude I been playing this game for 4 years now but man I just need to get better at the game, right?

    That's what it sounds like.

    How are you exactly the thread I went to right under are a

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771749#Comment_2771749

    If it require one of few OP killers, general balance is surely tilted to survivors.

    Blight op? lol

  • @Erd69 said:

    Have y'all seen otzdarvas video proving that the game isn't actually survivor sided or "as" survivor sided? It's bullshit. Scott jund, otz and other content creators claim that you don't go against a swf every game, which I do. I can bring the most broken build but my perks will get taken away or I'll be destroyed by dead hard to a God pallet. How's the game not survivor sided? I had a game, and not just A game but many games like this. This match was basically me downing them fast at the beginning of the match. They were still at 5 gens and it looked like it was unwinnable for them. I would down them fast but it didn't matter because they would never die so I call that the infinite hook effect. There was nothing I could do because they had boil over and would sabo. Even though they were getting clapped, they still did all 5 gens, isn't that crazy? I mean do y'all blame me for DCing? Nothing I could do. It's very common for this to happen. Fast generators even though I should be winning? Every single game was just sweaty and frustrating. Dead hard every time I would mind game them at a jungle gym. I don't understand how Scott or otz have survivor sided opinions when killers are literally quitting the game and not having fun. They make fun of the devs for not knowing much about the game (atleast Scott because otz doesn't) but they also just claim that matches are still winnable and that you should look at your mistakes? A game I have been playing for 4 years now? Jeez.

    You have more 4k or 0k?

  • Maybe changing the way you play will have an advantage

    Yea.... Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are good enough tactics but best used near the end of the match (and those things will eventually counter Sabo)

    May I ask how you know that the Survivors are SWF... Did you check their profiles? Did you ask one of them in the end game chat?

  • I want to know if you win more matches or lose them. If you’ve are complaining because in some matches you can’t win but you demolished other survs and you don’t see a problem in those ones

  • This game is balanced at the highest level. Otzs challenge highlighted something that you are seeming to ignore. This is that:

    • Even if 2/3 gens pop in the beginning, you can still win the game.

    You dc'ed once it reached endgame. You should've stayed and you could've gotten a few kills.

    Also Scott and Otz don't have survivor sided opinions. They have balanced opinions which is why people like to watch their videos.

    Also not showing the gameplay really doesn't help your case. I get that you don't want to because of your mental health, but I assume you've realised texting on here probably didn't help it either. We can't tell both your builds, and what killer you were playing. Depending on what these are, you would've hidden a tougher or easier time vs this team.

    I'm sorry you had a frustrating game but you should look at it yourself and try and see things that you could've done better. There's no way you can honestly say you had a perfect game.

  • @Erd69 said:

    Have y'all seen otzdarvas video proving that the game isn't actually survivor sided or "as" survivor sided? It's bullshit. Scott jund, otz and other content creators claim that you don't go against a swf every game, which I do. I can bring the most broken build but my perks will get taken away or I'll be destroyed by dead hard to a God pallet. How's the game not survivor sided? I had a game, and not just A game but many games like this. This match was basically me downing them fast at the beginning of the match. They were still at 5 gens and it looked like it was unwinnable for them. I would down them fast but it didn't matter because they would never die so I call that the infinite hook effect. There was nothing I could do because they had boil over and would sabo. Even though they were getting clapped, they still did all 5 gens, isn't that crazy? I mean do y'all blame me for DCing? Nothing I could do. It's very common for this to happen. Fast generators even though I should be winning? Every single game was just sweaty and frustrating. Dead hard every time I would mind game them at a jungle gym. I don't understand how Scott or otz have survivor sided opinions when killers are literally quitting the game and not having fun. They make fun of the devs for not knowing much about the game (atleast Scott because otz doesn't) but they also just claim that matches are still winnable and that you should look at your mistakes? A game I have been playing for 4 years now? Jeez.

    hahahhahaha

    ur a funny man

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771583#Comment_2771583

    It's not confirmed but declared by the devs aka they just have accepted it. This might be just semantics but it makes a difference.

    The definition of using third party Software outside of the game as an advantage still stands. And especially in an asymmetrical game were only one side can profit from it.

    In my eyes they just declared it as okay/legal in their game because they know that they can't do anything about it and took the easy way out.

    Only oj the last qna have they finally begun to tackle the problem by starting to bring solo closer to swf.

    Edit: Btw same goes for their approach to camping/tunneling/slugging aka the unfun gameplay a killer can use that they declared "tactics" because here also they couldn't do anything against it without having to fear to kill their playerbase. But this is also seemingly under review by them in recent times.

    Tbh tho to blame third party software on ALL your losses is really stooing to a new low in which you are only able to blame everything other than urself for your losses.

    Yes you can think its annoying or you don't liek it but is it gamechanign? No, it kinda just makes the game slightly easier for those players, but an insanely good player will b good enough that they dont need it anyway.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771597#Comment_2771597

    Tbh tho to blame third party software on ALL your losses is really stooing to a new low in which you are only able to blame everything other than urself for your losses.

    Yes you can think its annoying or you don't liek it but is it gamechanign? No, it kinda just makes the game slightly easier for those players, but an insanely good player will b good enough that they dont need it anyway.

    I don't blame any of my losses on comms, i lose intentionally for the last 1,5+ years. Nice try putting words in my mouth.

    My playstyle is going for 8hooks/0kills and max BP. I categorically void any camping, slugging or tunneling. I don't have a main killer, have played survivor less than 2 hours in my only 300 hours played since release and only play this game once or twice a month because it is not fun over long times.

    I don't care for most of the stuff complained about here and am only here for spicy discussions since my lol forum got shut down and I can no longer laugh about toxic people embarrassingly pleading for "unfair" bans.

    And yes comms can be game changing. I have seen it often enough in all of the games i mentioned that often once my team started to listen to my calls we would sweep the floor with our opponents, if they didn't have/use comms. Coordinations vs none are worlds apart.

    DBD will never be balanced if there are 3 sides with solo, killer and swf.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771958#Comment_2771958

    I don't blame any of my losses on comms, i lose intentionally for the last 1,5+ years. Nice try putting words in my mouth.

    My playstyle is going for 8hooks/0kills and max BP. I categorically void any camping, slugging or tunneling. I don't have a main killer, have played survivor less than 2 hours in my only 300 hours played since release and only play this game once or twice a month because it is not fun over long times.

    I don't care for most of the stuff complained about here and am only here for spicy discussions since my lol forum got shut down and I can no longer laugh about toxic people embarrassingly pleading for "unfair" bans.

    And yes comms can be game changing. I have seen it often enough in all of the games i mentioned that often once my team started to listen to my calls we would sweep the floor with our opponents, if they didn't have/use comms. Coordinations vs none are worlds apart.

    DBD will never be balanced if there are 3 sides with solo, killer and swf.

    A coordinated team not on comms is just as nearly as good as a coordinated on comms. The real problem with this game is that A: Its a casual game so half the player base aint playing seriously and B: Most people are genuinely not that good at the game no offence, often because they dont intend to be.

    Also fyi i never meant to say that you yourself blame ur losses on third part im talkign about people in general who do that.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Maybe changing the way you play will have an advantage

    Yea.... Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are good enough tactics but best used near the end of the match (and those things will eventually counter Sabo)

    May I ask how you know that the Survivors are SWF... Did you check their profiles? Did you ask one of them in the end game chat?

    Swf or not, they were good or decent loopers who did gens so fast and had meta perks just like most my matches.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771820#Comment_2771820

    I want to know if you win more matches or lose them. If you’ve are complaining because in some matches you can’t win but you demolished other survs and you don’t see a problem in those ones

    Games where I demolished other survivor? They must be bad. That's an issue with the sbmm ( even though sbmm can't put you up against someone your skill level because the skill of a survivor to a killer is different and cannot be compared) or just the survivors being bad. If I win against bad survivors I know that I only won because they're bad which doesn't make me feel good or like a God tier killer player. I don't win most my matches because most of them are survivors who do fast gens and when I do it's because I got lucky with a ######### up from the survivors

  • You're using 3 party services how is it not?

  • Everyone wanting to play with friends is cheating?

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771822#Comment_2771822

    Swf or not, they were good or decent loopers who did gens so fast and had meta perks just like most my matches.

    Ok then... that's all I wanted to know

    Yea.... Survivors are better then they used to be

  • @CashelP14 said:

    This game is balanced at the highest level. Otzs challenge highlighted something that you are seeming to ignore. This is that:

    • Even if 2/3 gens pop in the beginning, you can still win the game.

    You dc'ed once it reached endgame. You should've stayed and you could've gotten a few kills.

    Also Scott and Otz don't have survivor sided opinions. They have balanced opinions which is why people like to watch their videos.

    Also not showing the gameplay really doesn't help your case. I get that you don't want to because of your mental health, but I assume you've realised texting on here probably didn't help it either. We can't tell both your builds, and what killer you were playing. Depending on what these are, you would've hidden a tougher or easier time vs this team.

    I'm sorry you had a frustrating game but you should look at it yourself and try and see things that you could've done better. There's no way you can honestly say you had a perfect game.

    Well obviously I didn't have a perfect game. Everyone will say that. What's the point of sending a clip? If everyone will just say "oh you made a mistake here, get better" and ignore the bs I had to go against? I been playing dbd for 4 years now and I still need to get better? I don't understand. We all know that you can still win if you lose 3 gens fast but it's still unbalanced and unfun, especially when you have to hope survivors get cocky. Also, why does it matter what killer I was playing? I was getting quick downs and hooks. Survivors got saved by meta perks. Telling me to look at my mistakes is just ignoring the unbalance of the game. Will it always be like that when I lose? Just look at my mistakes? It's an asymmetrical, not balanced, survivor favored, making mistakes is just overkill. Otz to me is acting like the game is fine and fun and is acting like a developer, ignoring all the frustrated killer players that are leaving the game but he still thinks the game is fine? The game has always favored the survivors, now it doesn't?

  • The devs are literally promoting it in their discord. It's not cheating

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773174#Comment_2773174

    The devs are literally promoting it in their discord. It's not cheating

    The devs are also survivor biased giving the most recent update so why not say using outside help is viable.

  • @Erd69 said:

    Have y'all seen otzdarvas video proving that the game isn't actually survivor sided or "as" survivor sided? It's bullshit. Scott jund, otz and other content creators claim that you don't go against a swf every game, which I do. I can bring the most broken build but my perks will get taken away or I'll be destroyed by dead hard to a God pallet. How's the game not survivor sided? I had a game, and not just A game but many games like this. This match was basically me downing them fast at the beginning of the match. They were still at 5 gens and it looked like it was unwinnable for them. I would down them fast but it didn't matter because they would never die so I call that the infinite hook effect. There was nothing I could do because they had boil over and would sabo. Even though they were getting clapped, they still did all 5 gens, isn't that crazy? I mean do y'all blame me for DCing? Nothing I could do. It's very common for this to happen. Fast generators even though I should be winning? Every single game was just sweaty and frustrating. Dead hard every time I would mind game them at a jungle gym. I don't understand how Scott or otz have survivor sided opinions when killers are literally quitting the game and not having fun. They make fun of the devs for not knowing much about the game (atleast Scott because otz doesn't) but they also just claim that matches are still winnable and that you should look at your mistakes? A game I have been playing for 4 years now? Jeez.

    Local bad player writes an essay that they are bad, blames the game and not their own skill. This and more at 6.

    If survivors are attempting unhookable builds (using abusable stuff like RPD), then they most certainly are not doing gens and just slugging solves it. There is almost ALWAYS something you can do. Just because you have a lot of time doesn't mean you are a master at the game and can never make mistakes. Mistakes are always common place, and if your mindset is to blame the game for being survivor sided, than I'm sorry to hear it, hope you get better.

  • The developers of the game have literally explicitly said on multiple occasions that it is not cheating.

  • Well yeah lmao your complaints are quite literally either map problems or skill issue, and that is just the objective fact. If you are having such an unfun time with the game, then take a break. This applies to literally anything in life. Killer is still super fun to me, and I've been playing for close to 5 years too now. Killer is still fun for a lot of people. The fact of the matter is, the game has been around for almost 6 years and people tend to get better and better as time goes on. You can't easily 4k as killer as you used to, you have to earn them more. This goes for survivor as well. In terms of strong or broken stuff in the game, survivor has way more balanced and fair things they ever did. Killer also has stronger things they can be using.

    The reason most content creators say the game isnt survivor sided is because it is a fact. The game favors the side that brings the stronger kit. If you are playing killer and decide to run legion with a super goofy build, then the team with all 4 meta perks will most likely win. If you as killer play a good or decent killer with a strong build as well, then you will also do well. It comes down to skill and experience. Objectively the game is fairly balanced, but that has nothing to do fun. Fun is something to person experiences and is different for all, and if you are mad or having fun that in a PVP game the other side can win, than take a break. If you don't want to take a break, that is fine, clearly you are extremely mad at the response and help people are providing, but don't keep shouting insults and petty complaints because you lost some matches

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773126#Comment_2773126

    The developers of the game have literally explicitly said on multiple occasions that it is not cheating.

    And on multiple times they have been shown to be biased towards survivors think about it how is it not cheating to basically be able to know almost everything the killer is going to do?

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773210#Comment_2773210

    Well yeah lmao your complaints are quite literally either map problems or skill issue, and that is just the objective fact. If you are having such an unfun time with the game, then take a break. This applies to literally anything in life. Killer is still super fun to me, and I've been playing for close to 5 years too now. Killer is still fun for a lot of people. The fact of the matter is, the game has been around for almost 6 years and people tend to get better and better as time goes on. You can't easily 4k as killer as you used to, you have to earn them more. This goes for survivor as well. In terms of strong or broken stuff in the game, survivor has way more balanced and fair things they ever did. Killer also has stronger things they can be using.

    The reason most content creators say the game isnt survivor sided is because it is a fact. The game favors the side that brings the stronger kit. If you are playing killer and decide to run legion with a super goofy build, then the team with all 4 meta perks will most likely win. If you as killer play a good or decent killer with a strong build as well, then you will also do well. It comes down to skill and experience. Objectively the game is fairly balanced, but that has nothing to do fun. Fun is something to person experiences and is different for all, and if you are mad or having fun that in a PVP game the other side can win, than take a break. If you don't want to take a break, that is fine, clearly you are extremely mad at the response and help people are providing lmaoo but don't keep shouting insults and petty complaints because you lost some matches lmaoo

    If you are legion and bring the most broken shid, the survivor will win. If you bring most broken shid on nurse, blight or maybe doc then you'll most likely have a chance lmao.

  • SWF are more common in NA or what ? Because I'm in EU and It's very rare that I encounter a team of 4 :/

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773231#Comment_2773231

    If you are legion and bring the most broken shid, the survivor will win. If you bring most broken shid on nurse, blight or maybe doc then you'll most likely have a chance lmao.

    That is quite literally what I said. You aren't proving your point, you just proved mine. The game isn't survivor sided, it is sided to the side that is better skilled and brings better stuff. In the end, it is a pvp game and you are facing other people that also want to win. If you aren't willing to improve or try harder to win, don't know why you think the game is survivor sided because they were better and wanted to win more. When you play a bad killer against a team all using their best stuff, that doesn't mean killer is weak and that the game is survivor sided, it means the killer you are playing isn't the best or you are just bad.

    You can post gameplay anytime if you are convinced you are the best player and never make mistakes. Maybe even post evidence of your actual hours, definitely seems like you have a bad grasp if you think Doc is to the same level as nurse or blight.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773246#Comment_2773246

    That is quite literally what I said. You aren't proving your point, you just proved mine. The game isn't survivor sided, it is sided to the side that is better skilled and brings better stuff. In the end, it is a pvp game and you are facing other people that also want to win. If you aren't willing to improve or try harder to win, don't know why you think the game is survivor sided because they were better and wanted to win more. When you play a bad killer against a team all using their best stuff, that doesn't mean killer is weak and that the game is survivor sided, it means the killer you are playing isn't the best or you are just bad.

    You can post gameplay anytime if you are convinced you are the best player and never make mistakes. Maybe even post evidence of your actual hours, definitely seems like you have a bad grasp if you think Doc is to the same level as nurse or blight.

    Good luck trying to get better at this game. This game is rng as hell try telling "you just need more" to people who got screwed out of a kill because of hit validation mainly from dead hard being a brain dead perk especially in egc along with even admitting in your own post that certain killers are not viable which if this game was balanced shouldn't be a problem. The game may not be survivor sided but it's sure as hell survivor biased.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773207#Comment_2773207

    And on multiple times they have been shown to be biased towards survivors think about it how is it not cheating to basically be able to know almost everything the killer is going to do?

    I don't know how to argue against someone who says, "I'm going to ignore the facts because I feel like they are wrong."

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773236#Comment_2773236

    I don't know how to argue against someone who says, "I'm going to ignore the facts because I feel like they are wrong."

    How am I wrong look at the most recent updates and you tell me it's not biased.

  • I promis you you don't go against a swf every game. There is no 'kind' way of saying this: You probably are just not as skilled as you think you are.


    OR You're over exagerating, and not remembering the easier games.

  • Closing up this thread, as the OP has been repeatedly argumentative and attacking those that have disagreed with them. Even if you disagree with another's thoughts and opinions on a topic, please remember to always be civil and respectful of others, and their opinions.

1 2 ›