Survivor entitlement, and the devs who bred the expectations

Hopped on for the event. It's fun. I like the envelopes, and event BP gains are fun.

What isnt...isn't.... survivors. What is it with the constant nasty attitudes? Why do they go into matches and expect to stomp the killer evert match, and God forbid one of the swf players die they decide to belittle and make excuses in the chat?

Had a match as slinger, and I'm not that great with him but I was having a good time going for good shots. At the forest map nonetheless, against a 3man and rando.

I ended up getting 5 hooks, a good bit of shots, and thx to the BP event gains I left with 50k. I was happy with it.

They weren't.

At the end of the match, all 3 got toxic at the end gate giving me the chance to get two more shots on them in the exit area. Since they were healthy they still escaped.

All 4 got out, all 4 had more points than me. But for some reason I was called a camper, trash, quit the game. Not saying gg bc you play a bad killer. Go play call of duty if you wanna snipe etc....

I replied quit whining... you all got out with more points than me. Lol.

Even when they win, there not happy. Survivors or more importantly swfs ruin this experience every time I play. They have this entitlement mentality about them. There miserable people in general and have no business playing this game.

But who's to blame? Them? Or the devs for giving them the power role when they group up?

It's a little bit of both. But honestly, for the health of this game, the devs need to give Survivors a reality check and take away the power dynamics in swfs. Bc until something is done about people expecting to dominate every match, survivors will continue to trest killers like garbage weather they win or lose matches.

Comments

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771623#Comment_2771623

    Every game that has chat has people being jerks in it. It's not a Behaviour thing, it's not a DBD, it's a societal thing. Killers need to grow some thicker skin. DBD is still balanced in favour of killers. Instead of worrying about what they think after a game that you enjoyed, move on to the next game and figure out what you can do to get better. When I see a group of survivors dicking around and trying to play with me, I know it's going to be an easy 4k. Learn what to do when a team is trying to toy with you and you'll find you don't get toyed with anymore.

    I stopped read after DBD is still balanced in favor of killers

  • I do when someone says killers are more entitled yes some are but if they are entitled then survivors are silverspooned spoiled toxic brats given the ######### I have seen and read for what they complain about and what they do for.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778310#Comment_2778310

    I do when someone says killers are more entitled yes some are but if they are entitled then survivors are silverspooned spoiled toxic brats given the ######### I have seen and read for what they complain about and what they do for.

    it was a joke I use weed and I don't think killer are entitled but survivors are tho.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778314#Comment_2778314

    it was a joke I use weed and I don't think killer are entitled but survivors are tho.

    It was someone else who said that so I edited what I said so if you thought I ment you I didnt.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778316#Comment_2778316

    It was someone else who said that so I edited what I said so if you thought I ment you I didnt.

    I know you didn't mean me but anyone thinking killers are more entitled then survivors must be high😂

  • Just add more unfair killer strat like survivors has, trap camp and bubba camp is good start... now add more and more of those.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778220#Comment_2778220

    All together cause if you checked each killer averaged around 50 to 60% unless it's nurse which is under 50%. Also yes it is survivor sided cause while certain things were removed others replaced them and if it Turely not as survivor sided let me ask you these then.

    "What reason is there to make boons a better version of hexes?"

    "Why did they have to nerf and gut certain killers while the survivor perk nerfs were minuscule or not even a nerf in the first place?"

    "Why buff boil over without nerfing or at least tweaking survivor perks so we don't have more bully squad tools?"

    "Why is there potentially going to be more nerfs to killers kit such as base kit bt or making camping another useless tactic much like hit and run thanks to boons yet give no real mention of making DH not a 'safety net' or making it so you can't bully/harass the killer much like how survivors want camping tunneling and slugging gone?"

    "Why did the new wiggle mechanic give the survivors a small % boost when it was meant for accessibility?"

    "Why has nothing been done for killers to compensate for that fact that now hooks have the potential to be useless given what has been shown with rpd?"

    Like I said it is still survivor sided they just replaced the issues instead of removing them

    What your doing is called nitpicking. I couldd do exactly the same thing ur doing for the killer side.

    Why can killers now ressurect totem perks?

    Why do maps have so many unsafe loops now?

    Why are all of the new killers incredibly opressive in chase and easy for killers to play?

    Also woudl you rlly rather play in 2016 than 2022 as a killer? Clearly you weren't around then and are used to the benefits which killers have these days. Killers played back in 2016 and you know what it was so much more difficult back then but they PERSISTED. They didnt complain about everysingle thing and they didnt blame every single loss on somethign out of their control. They got on with the job. So many killers these days have either such big egos or are entitled as hell to getting 4ks everygame.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772625#Comment_2772625

    wdym the kill rate sits only just above 50%? It was basicalyl 70% when those statistics were released? 70 is a lot different to 50. And considering the game has only imporved for killers since that point its safe to say they havn't decreased at all.

    you wanna crawl through the threads and find the last post about numbers it was probably three weeks ago now, I'm pretty sure the highest kill rate was sitting ~55%.

    I'd look for it myself but I have a day job and don't really care either way.

  • You made a typo in your post. You mean to say 'Thoes four in particular' To making a blanket statement on survivors based on that would obviously be hilariously silly thing to do.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778215#Comment_2778215

    you wanna crawl through the threads and find the last post about numbers it was probably three weeks ago now, I'm pretty sure the highest kill rate was sitting ~55%.

    I'd look for it myself but I have a day job and don't really care either way.

    Even if it is 55% thats still astronomically better for killers than survivors.

    Um ok thanks for telling me? i have a job as well? If you don't care why respond im here to have a discussion.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778233#Comment_2778233

    What your doing is called nitpicking. I couldd do exactly the same thing ur doing for the killer side.

    Why can killers now ressurect totem perks?

    Why do maps have so many unsafe loops now?

    Why are all of the new killers incredibly opressive in chase and easy for killers to play?

    Also woudl you rlly rather play in 2016 than 2022 as a killer? Clearly you weren't around then and are used to the benefits which killers have these days. Killers played back in 2016 and you know what it was so much more difficult back then but they PERSISTED. They didnt complain about everysingle thing and they didnt blame every single loss on somethign out of their control. They got on with the job. So many killers these days have either such big egos or are entitled as hell to getting 4ks everygame.

    And what you brought up was not because of killers or just flat out wrong

    Maps are due to devs which is survivor sided on some.

    Killers can resurrect totems cause they made boons.

    New killers are oppressive cause survivors dont know what oppressive is and the devs cant make an m1 killer that isn't screwed day one.

    Also first the date doesn't matter its the same ######### and that last little bit also showed you are one sided and have never really played killer.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778233#Comment_2778233

    What your doing is called nitpicking. I couldd do exactly the same thing ur doing for the killer side.

    Why can killers now ressurect totem perks?

    Why do maps have so many unsafe loops now?

    Why are all of the new killers incredibly opressive in chase and easy for killers to play?

    Also woudl you rlly rather play in 2016 than 2022 as a killer? Clearly you weren't around then and are used to the benefits which killers have these days. Killers played back in 2016 and you know what it was so much more difficult back then but they PERSISTED. They didnt complain about everysingle thing and they didnt blame every single loss on somethign out of their control. They got on with the job. So many killers these days have either such big egos or are entitled as hell to getting 4ks everygame.

    Seems like they should've complained, because killers still sucks and there is only so much of them.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778435#Comment_2778435

    Even if it is 55% thats still astronomically better for killers than survivors.

    Um ok thanks for telling me? i have a job as well? If you don't care why respond im here to have a discussion.

    I don’t care to trawl about for the numbers because it’s take more time than it’s worth to me.

    My rationale for this is I have other things to do so I don’t bother or really care. Your daytime is irrelevant to this statement. But I can see how it implies that you don’t have a job and you’d want to clarify that. That wasn’t my intention though.

    The point is they released some numbers not long ago and things looked much more even than 70%.

    Yeah 55% still falls in the killer favour from raw counts but its raw counts so other than being mildly novel there is really not a lot to be gained from it.

    I’d say 55% isn’t a high enough killer win rate to say it’s significantly more than survivors overall, so claiming the game is killer sided from those numbers is a fools interpretation born of ignorance as to how data works.

    Sadly most people misinterpret how data is reported and it’s significance because they don’t teach real statistics until a tertiary level.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306964/survivor-entitlement-and-the-devs-who-bred-the-expectations

    Killer entitlement, complaining about survivors when killers have an over 70% winrate...

    unknown.png

    Show me which Killer has this 70% you are talking about.


    Also, as an aside... we cannot "resurrect dead totems". One Hex lets you light a crushed totem, but it does not bring a totem back. It just fuels Hex: Pentimento. The original Hex is still dead.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    Because it's not about winning, it's about humiliating the killer. These people are sadist addicted to humiliation.

    This.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778433#Comment_2778433

    And what you brought up was not because of killers or just flat out wrong

    Maps are due to devs which is survivor sided on some.

    Killers can resurrect totems cause they made boons.

    New killers are oppressive cause survivors dont know what oppressive is and the devs cant make an m1 killer that isn't screwed day one.

    Also first the date doesn't matter its the same ######### and that last little bit also showed you are one sided and have never really played killer.

    Welli have 4.5k hours on the the game and other 2/3rds r on killer, so no you cant use the "you dont play killer" excuse. And no i dont just main nurse or something like that.

    Maps are way less surviovr sided than they used to be is that not true? RPD is a crappy and boring map or all sides not just killer. And this new map is quite balanced if not a lil killer sided because its extremely easy to spot survviros and theres alot of dead zones.

    New killers are oppressive in chase whether you like it or not. If you know how to play any of these new killers to a somewhat decent extent you know that survviors can only last a certain amoutn of time inchase b4 they inevitably die and theres nothign you cna do about it, unless you hold w, which is another problme with the game.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    Another PC player complaining about the chat they don't have to read :)

    because DMS are not a thing consoles

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778541#Comment_2778541

    Welli have 4.5k hours on the the game and other 2/3rds r on killer, so no you cant use the "you dont play killer" excuse. And no i dont just main nurse or something like that.

    Maps are way less surviovr sided than they used to be is that not true? RPD is a crappy and boring map or all sides not just killer. And this new map is quite balanced if not a lil killer sided because its extremely easy to spot survviros and theres alot of dead zones.

    New killers are oppressive in chase whether you like it or not. If you know how to play any of these new killers to a somewhat decent extent you know that survviors can only last a certain amoutn of time inchase b4 they inevitably die and theres nothign you cna do about it, unless you hold w, which is another problme with the game.

    No it's more the fact you decided to use the usual argument of "they just want 4ks is why" I said that

    Rpd is not killer sided cause unless you slug or use pyramid head those dead zones are a major issue especially now that's to boil over

    Also like I said since it seems you didn't even mention it they have to be a certain way (anti loop, rush down etc) because the devs ######### up on balancing so bad that m1 killers and stealth killers cannot be made anymore due to being worthless right out the gate.

1 2 ›