No excitement for the events.

I have to ask who here has no real desire for the new events that are planned?

Lunar new year might do a cosmetic change and some shirts but not much

Tome X stars pig but with her constant nerfs will it even matter?

Ring chapter adds a new killer but much like most licensed killer potentially can be gutted.

Also thanks to the most recent QNA showing High level incompetence I for one don't but I am curious if others feel the same.

Comments

  • Yeah why not, I am always happy for something new to shake things up and it if means points and free cosmetics then I am happy with that.

    I think sometimes people can be a bit too miserable about events etc and I say that as a generally miserable bastard myself lol

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Yeah why not, I am always happy for something new to shake things up and it if means points and free cosmetics then I am happy with that.

    I think sometimes people can be a bit too miserable about events etc and I say that as a generally miserable bastard myself lol

    It doesn't help however that the game itself is a mess right now.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768434#Comment_2768434

    It doesn't help however that the game itself is a mess right now.

    Yeah I cant argue with that but it still doesn't mean I cant have fun either

  • I'm pretty burnt out on the game right now. I'll try to have some fun in the new events/tome but definitely need to take another break.

  • @Ripley said:

    I'm pretty burnt out on the game right now. I'll try to have some fun in the new events/tome but definitely need to take another break.

    I'm gonna be playing Dying Light 2 as soon as it's available to download. I didn't preorder for nothing.

  • I actually tend to do ok with Pig. ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • I'm kinda interested in the cosmetics themed around the event but as for the event itself? eh none of the past few events have been too crazy so I'll still play but probably won't notice the event too much. I wish they brought back the moon offerings I missed those but I heard they were interesting.

  • Idk, everyone wants events. But the last event was poorly done. The envelopes in the event prior gave bonus point to all survivors based on completed gens. The last envelope event it was limited to survivors who specifically completed those gens. When the gens are randomly chosen for the bonuses, it is rng whether or not you get bonus points. rng doesn't make for good events.

    I'm hopeful the devs learned from that and have an event where all players in the match will get points for objectives.

  • Nope, events in this game are usually lame. At most the gens and hooks ever so SLIGHTLY change.... yawn

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    Idk, everyone wants events. But the last event was poorly done. The envelopes in the event prior gave bonus point to all survivors based on completed gens. The last envelope event it was limited to survivors who specifically completed those gens. When the gens are randomly chosen for the bonuses, it is rng whether or not you get bonus points. rng doesn't make for good events.

    I'm hopeful the devs learned from that and have an event where all players in the match will get points for objectives.

    Wish they actually did something that wasn't "give survivors exclusive stuff and killers a couple of color pallettes along with trinkets" it's the same thing as the christmas event

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    Idk, everyone wants events. But the last event was poorly done. The envelopes in the event prior gave bonus point to all survivors based on completed gens. The last envelope event it was limited to survivors who specifically completed those gens. When the gens are randomly chosen for the bonuses, it is rng whether or not you get bonus points. rng doesn't make for good events.

    I'm hopeful the devs learned from that and have an event where all players in the match will get points for objectives.

    Their QnA shows otherwise though.

  • @Xendritch said:

    I'm kinda interested in the cosmetics themed around the event but as for the event itself? eh none of the past few events have been too crazy so I'll still play but probably won't notice the event too much. I wish they brought back the moon offerings I missed those but I heard they were interesting.

    Problem however is that most of the cosmetics are just bare bones outfits the only real one of note is artist for the lunar new year event.

  • I'm so glad they are back to doing events again. I'm really looking forward to it.

  • I don't care because they aren't addressing important things.


    Devs think that cosmetics and lore are the way to go - as if they saw Riot going down that road and thought they should too.

    They didn't learn their lessons from Deathgarden, and it shows.


    If they want players to be excited, nerf the meta perks and buff the lame ones. Switch up a couple of killer abilities with a rollout of tweaks.

    And replace the MMR system with a new, streamlined system.

    Create new tiles and gyms for the various maps to randomly have.

    Make an interesting map or two (Maybe, that would be awesome, let's admit)


    But what are all of these things?

    Smart and healthy for the game.


    So we know for a fact they will never do it.

  • I'm excited because every event is just better than both the Halloween and Anniversary events. The events they said they would put more time into sucked so hard and the other ones like Christmas and this new Lunar one looks 10x better somehow. Maybe the skins aren't as cool but the event gameplay itself is way better. Like, what?!

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Yeah why not, I am always happy for something new to shake things up and it if means points and free cosmetics then I am happy with that.

    I think sometimes people can be a bit too miserable about events etc and I say that as a generally miserable bastard myself lol

    I like to stockpile on items

  • I want my Margarita Gens...

  • You don't even know how excited i am to get those awesome charms and mind blowing recolours that definetely didn't take like 5 minutes to make ๐Ÿ˜ณ

    Imagine having fun events that maybe even lets you earn some cool things,couldn't be DbD

  • Personally, the most recent seasonal events has been pretty decent/enjoyable imo, so i'm more optimistic about this coming lunar event.

  • The new event isn't actually ''new'' its just existing content recycled under a new visual look and made to fool you into thinking it's a new event.

    Red envelopes you can find mid-trial for BP? Oh my, clearly just a Glyph.

    Generators/Hooks that give more BPS like usual? Oh wow.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    I'm excited because every event is just better than both the Halloween and Anniversary events. The events they said they would put more time into sucked so hard and the other ones like Christmas and this new Lunar one looks 10x better somehow. Maybe the skins aren't as cool but the event gameplay itself is way better. Like, what?!

    What does this add other than pallette swap cosmetics?

  • The events have been lacking in the gameplay area. The Christmas event was actually good with that. This seems a bit cooler than those Halloween and Anniversary events as well with this cool classic video game power up style collectables. Some people forget the cosmetics aren't the event. If so then there is events going on all the time.

  • No reason to get excited for those...things.

    It is impossible to believe that we are talking about the same company that once provided us with The Hallowed Blight and Scorching Summer BBQ.

  • @GeneralV said:

    No reason to get excited for those...things.

    It is impossible to believe that we are talking about the same company that once provided us with The Hallowed Blight and Scorching Summer BBQ.

    Well I guess hell froze over cause it's happening.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2770252#Comment_2770252

    The events have been lacking in the gameplay area. The Christmas event was actually good with that. This seems a bit cooler than those Halloween and Anniversary events as well with this cool classic video game power up style collectables. Some people forget the cosmetics aren't the event. If so then there is events going on all the time.

    Ok first off , the christmas event was biased due to what was added gameplah wise. Second, like I asked before what does lunar new year add to the game other than cosmetics,trinkets and stuff we've seen before? Exclusive items for survivors again and a mechanic that looks identical to the glyphs for survivors? If I'm missing something please tell cause right now much like the other trailer post they have shown For recent items it is just another facade for people to play the game and try to sell people ######### as if the devs see dbd as a cash grab f2p now.

  • I'm just excited for that trapper weapon.


    Dbd events have always kind've been underwhelming compared to other games. A good example is how For Honor did their event compared to Dead by Daylight when they had a collaboration together. For Honor had this whole event with a new mode and a new enemy that looked like trapped, when all we got is a charm. The anniversary events have always been "here's more bloodpoints to reduce the grind" without actually adding anything cool.

    I've been playing Genshin Impact for a while and they have spectacular events with new items, weapons, storylines, etc. Of course they have the funding for it, it being a gacha game and all, but doesn't Behavior get a ton of funding from all the DLCs, the Skins, and the base game?

  • @neb said:

    I'm just excited for that trapper weapon.

    Dbd events have always kind've been underwhelming compared to other games. A good example is how For Honor did their event compared to Dead by Daylight when they had a collaboration together. For Honor had this whole event with a new mode and a new enemy that looked like trapped, when all we got is a charm. The anniversary events have always been "here's more bloodpoints to reduce the grind" without actually adding anything cool.

    I've been playing Genshin Impact for a while and they have spectacular events with new items, weapons, storylines, etc. Of course they have the funding for it, it being a gacha game and all, but doesn't Behavior get a ton of funding from all the DLCs, the Skins, and the base game?

    Good for you cause IMO that weapon is the worst out of the cosmetics.

    And the events shows what the devs want especially with what happened for the last 2 weeks.

    -######### up on their QnA by basically circling around what people know the dev's mindset is.

    -advertised a licensed tome even though they nerfed pig again.

    -advertised a new event which doesn't add anything new

    -released a new set of cosmetics

    IMO the whole set up showed that the devs are survivor biased and are seeing the game more for profit rather than passion.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771294#Comment_2771294

    Good for you cause IMO that weapon is the worst out of the cosmetics.

    And the events shows what the devs want especially with what happened for the last 2 weeks.

    -######### up on their QnA by basically circling around what people know the dev's mindset is.

    -advertised a licensed tome even though they nerfed pig again.

    -advertised a new event which doesn't add anything new

    -released a new set of cosmetics

    IMO the whole set up showed that the devs are survivor biased and are seeing the game more for profit rather than passion.

    I just want the trapper weapon skin because I cba to spend anything for skins on him that much.

  • Lunar new year reaction

    futurama-happy-new-year.gif

    Tome reaction

    futurama-happy-new-year.gif

    Tried both out and it's just as I though a mother selection of random clothing bits for the lunar event and another battle pass just to get cosmetics for nerfed characters. Wow good going BHVR you managed to make the idea of an event to bring people in an absolute joke.

  • Events in this game are historically pretty lame in all honesty so I honestly don't even see how Events in dbd get people excited like it's just more of the same with extremely little extra to do thats different and it's usually pretty boring and unrewarding.