I love these Bubba hate threads

Keep it coming, I'm having a jolly good time reading them!

Comments

  • *Happy Chainsaw Noises*

  • As long as all the hate threads won´t really cause any nervs. As stupid as they may be.

    He is fine.

    All these hate and nerv threads are getting a bit out of control lately.

  • There are Bubba hate threads?

  • I like how Bubba isn't included in the Blight and Nurse hate threads and vice versa generally. Bubba is the first roadblock killer for survivor mains

  • @Marigoria said:

    There are Bubba hate threads?

    @DBD78 said:

    1. Bubba ends two chases all game, hooks two players who dies because of camping. Chases lasts 23 seconds and the other one 27 seconds.
    2. Bubba gets 8 hooks all game, chases lasted between 30 seconds to 1 minute 46 seconds. All survivors escaped.

    When people say the second Bubba was more skilled, it's only because they don't like the first Bubbas playstyle. First Bubba game was also shorter since non camped survivors only did gens.

    A killer should be judged on kills not hooks, destroyed pallets or gens kicked. MMR for killers should by far give most points for killing and the rest just smaller bonus points for number of hooks, downs etc.

    @SilentShepherd said:

    It's become abusive at this point to go Bubba and then ruin everyone's day with toxic gameplay. Every single Bubba I see, is an abusive toxic player. Face camping, etc.

    I think a fair nerf to Bubba would be, once you use your chainsaw, add a cooldown of 20 seconds before Bubba can revv it up again. So Bubba's can stop spamming it. Or, if not a cooldown, then change it from AoE, to you can only down 1 person at a time with it.

    There is no looping when it comes to facing Bubba. Every single one of them just do their special ability and get to lunge forward with an insta-down AoE (area of effect) attack that downs everyone and anything in it's path. It's easy to control, unlike Billy, who has to charge in 1 direction. Bubba can change directions during the entire special.

    Why does it last so damn long? He gets to swing about 10 times with that thing and insta downs everyone.

    And forget trying to save your teammates. He can facecamp everyone 1 by 1 and even if you come 3 strong to try and get save, he will just AoE everyone in a couple swings and insta-down EVERYONE from healthy to dying.

    Bubba needs a nerf bat. really hard. Shorten the time his special lasts.

    I'm at the point now that if I see another Bubba, I will intentionally kill myself on first hook and move on to another match.

    Examples ^

  • This is one (1) example.

    The other thread is about MMR and Bubba is just the Killer OP used as an example.

    There are not really Bubba Hate-Threads, most Threads which mention Bubba are more about Camping or Facecamping and Bubba being good at it is just the point where he gets mentioned.

  • I don't think anyone hates Bubba, just the way that some players use him. I have played against a lot of good Bubba killers that didn't just face-camp. Nothing wrong with Bubba, himself.

  • I hate these Bubba love threads.

  • I think he's fine in terms of strength, but his ability to basically force a 2K regardless of skill is an issue for me.

    In 257 games, this is how the Bubba split has been

    Count of Killer (1).png


  • @Pulsar said:

    I think he's fine in terms of strength, but his ability to basically force a 2K regardless of skill is an issue for me.

    In 257 games, this is how the Bubba split has been

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/16K99ST277E1/count-of-killer-281-29.png

    Do you think less people would be playing Bubba, face camping or otherwise, if they felt they had other viable options?

  • They can take your cosmetics. They can take your basement. Cut you loose from all you know. But if it's your fate, then every chainsaw sweep will always be a step closer to home.

  • @Shaped said:

    They can take your cosmetics. They can take your basement. Cut you loose from all you know. But if it's your fate, then every chainsaw sweep will always be a step closer to home.

    LOL Nice. :-)

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767539#Comment_2767539

    Do you think less people would be playing Bubba, face camping or otherwise, if they felt they had other viable options?

    Maybe?

    I think a lot of them just set out to ruin other people's experiences. A lot of people just started hitting the first guy they caught on hook, regardless of how many gens were done.

    You have other viable options. Nurse, Spirit, Blight ect ect. Bubba is just extremely easy to get value out of.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767547#Comment_2767547

    Maybe?

    I think a lot of them just set out to ruin other people's experiences. A lot of people just started hitting the first guy they caught on hook, regardless of how many gens were done.

    You have other viable options. Nurse, Spirit, Blight ect ect. Bubba is just extremely easy to get value out of.

    I believe you had an incredibly negative experience with Nurse recently. I've got a ton of hours on her now, and I still encounter squads that have too much experience and hold the entire game hostage. I'm one of the most stubborn try-hards I have the pleasure of knowing and those experiences were so bad they made even me look to take breaks from this game.

    Bubba is your entry level value killer. He deals in wholesale and his discounts are plentiful. But the way he is used is a symptom.

    I would be very interested to see Bubba's pick/facecamp rate after M1 killers are given some breathing room.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767557#Comment_2767557

    I believe you had an incredibly negative experience with Nurse recently. I've got a ton of hours on her now, and I still encounter squads that have too much experience and hold the entire game hostage. I'm one of the most stubborn try-hards I have the pleasure of knowing and those experiences were so bad they made even me look to take breaks from this game.

    Bubba is your entry level value killer. He deals in wholesale and his discounts are plentiful. But the way he is used is a symptom.

    I would be very interested to see Bubba's pick/facecamp rate after M1 killers are given some breathing room.

    It will probably stay the same.

    People use him because he gives guaranteed value at the cost of playing like a dick. Slap on NOED and Corrupt and you've got an easy 2K, if not more.

    He's a perfectly good Killer. Easily top half of the roster and is completely viable, people just choose to do the easiest thing they can

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767568#Comment_2767568

    It will probably stay the same.

    People use him because he gives guaranteed value at the cost of playing like a dick. Slap on NOED and Corrupt and you've got an easy 2K, if not more.

    He's a perfectly good Killer. Easily top half of the roster and is completely viable, people just choose to do the easiest thing they can

    I get where you're coming from, but I want to see it. :)

    My suspicions are there is a measurable subset of killers that are just so tired of having their playstyle identity tore to shreds that they feel that's all they can do. I'm willing to bet we'd see players shift away from Bubba if they felt they had real options besides spending an absurd amount of time learning Nurse and Blight.

    Deliberately not including Spirit in my response because I honestly have no clue how she deals with Iron Will SWFs, and I'm afraid I won't believe anyone that tells me because my personal experience as a survivor against her has been so damningly one sided.

  • You may HATE Bubba...

    but your sure to LOVE his chillie

  • @Pulsar said:

    I think he's fine in terms of strength, but his ability to basically force a 2K regardless of skill is an issue for me.

    In 257 games, this is how the Bubba split has been

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/16K99ST277E1/count-of-killer-281-29.png

    If he gets a 2k, then it was skillful. Didn't you hear Patrick?

  • I can understand bubba hate. It introduces some wicked stress that your (probably long que) survivor match can be ended with a boring 2 minutes of the hook with.

    Playing against is thrilling because of it so I tend to enjoy more than hate it. It depends on your teammates ability to assess the face camp risk accordingly

  • I literally hate this killer so much 😍 I had 2 of them face camp claudette n then try to farm with the rest of us. I dont play survivor but holy sh** its so miserable