Red Forest Rework on the Way?

Translate: "Dear guests are expected, how will we decorate the house?"


https://twitter.com/DbD_RU/status/1483861817730506756


Comments

  • God I hope Mother's Dwelling gets made not garbage.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    God I hope Mother's Dwelling gets made not garbage.

    I hope they makes them smaller. This is only reason i don't like Red Forest.

  • I could possibly see it being in the mid-chapter 23.5 which would be very nice. That said though, since we know Haddonfield is getting a re-work which was my most hated map(really hope they can do a bit of something to it) I would've really liked to see Swamp get re-worked first. Even just on a pure visual standpoint, Swamp is just so... dull.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Maybe? Probably not for this release, I doubt there would be any map updates between PTB and live release of 5.5.0. Although, Red Forest and Haddonfield will probably get updated in the following mid-chapter if this is in-fact a tease for Red Forest.

    Maybe we can see changes with Ringu PTB. They said we will have 2 new maps this year, we already have 2 new maps (RPD and Artist's Map). So Sadako will not has map. This will be good time to release reworked map.

  • I hope they dont touch shelter woods. That map is payback for the people who dare offer up a Last Mask

  • If they do end up reworking it after haddonfield i hope they make bushes have a smaller collision box because the amount of times hatchets have hit air on them is stupid.

  • @lauraa said:

    I hope they dont touch shelter woods. That map is payback for the people who dare offer up a Last Mask

    Shelter Woods does not belong to Red Forest...

    It is still a sad excuse of a map and should receive some changes at some point.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758893#Comment_2758893

    Shelter Woods does not belong to Red Forest...

    It is still a sad excuse of a map and should receive some changes at some point.

    Oops yeah, that's McDonalds estate.

    Tear it all down then I ssay!

  • Wait, have they ever traded graphical map updates that far before we actually see it? Iirc it’s always been teased the week before PTB…

    i guess the Regional Twitter accounts may have accidentally posted it though?

  • I'd rather they actually deal with perk balance before maps, but I guess maps look more important. So Circle of OP stays as it is, and I keep not playing.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758847#Comment_2758847

    I hope they makes them smaller. This is only reason i don't like Red Forest.

    They have yet to do this with Realm Beyond updates. The focus of it is largely visual.

    Léry's falls outside of this, as it wasn't part of the series.

  • @Mooks said:

    Wait, have they ever traded graphical map updates that far before we actually see it? Iirc it’s always been teased the week before PTB…

    i guess the Regional Twitter accounts may have accidentally posted it though?

    I don't think there is accident. They said they wanna complete all reworked maps. So possibly next big update will come with 2 reworked maps (Haddonfield & Red Forest) and maybe Swamp too. Because there is total 5 maps. And last reworked map Coldwind has 5 maps too. So probably they will finish all of them before year 6 anniversary and they started tease already.

  • Didn't they say last year, with the map tweaks, they weren't going to touch Mother's Dwelling, as it had a 'balanced' ratio of kills/escapes?

  • @Rivyn said:

    Didn't they say last year, with the map tweaks, they weren't going to touch Mother's Dwelling, as it had a 'balanced' ratio of kills/escapes?

    Realm Beyond is mostly focused on visual/graphical update.

    and I guess breakable walls -.-

  • I hope not. As much as I hate Red Forest, I don't want it changed graphically. I like the house decorations on the inside and I just know they're going to be messed up if the graphics get reworked. The map could be smaller though.