Most popular killer perks from 100 matches.

North America

Crossplay on

High MMR. Source, nearing 500 matches with 60%+ escape rate.

From high to low times appeared in 100 matches.

2 tired of life killers entered the match with no perks.


BBQ 54 matches

Corrupt Intervention 41 matches

Pop Goes The Weasel 37 matches

Scourge PR 30 matches

Ruin 29 matches

No Way Out 12 matches

Enduring 11 matches

NOED 11 matches

Bamboozle 10 matches

Undying 9 matches

Tinkerer 9 matches

Thanatophobia 9 matches

Save the Best for Last 8 matches

Infections 6 matches

Lethal Pursuer 6 matches

Discordance 6 matches

Spirit Fury 6 matches

Shadowborn 5 matches

Sloppy Butcher 4 matches

Deadlock 4 matches are Surprising, but not so much Scourge PR is way better.

Blood Warden 4 matches

Jolt 4 matches

Brutal Strength 4 matches

Franklins demise 4 matches

Hex Plaything 4 matches

Rancor 4 matches

Play With Your Food 3 matches

Iron Maiden 3 matches

Eruption 3 matches

Nemesis 3 matches

StarStruck 3 matches

Devour Hope 2 matches

Retribution 2 matches

Hoarder 2 matches

Distressing 2 matches

Agitation 2 matches

Iron Grasp 2 matches

Insidious 2 matches

Monitor an abuse 2 matches

Fearmonger 2 matches

Haunted Ground 2 matches

The thrill of the Hunt 2 matches

Pentimento 2 matches

Lightborn 2 matches


NOTES


Not going to bother listing perks that showed up 1 time or less. Maybe in the future, I can do this better and actually include that just for the context.

What I found interesting about this is. Killers simply aren't using many perks at all. Only NINE perks in double digits.

By far the most popular killer build is POP, CORRUPT, SCOURGE PR, BBQ

I was expecting to see Corrupt in 75% of matches. Interesting to me that it isn't as much as I feel like it is. Meanwhile, BBQ showed up in more than half of all matches. The grind is real. I can't bring myself to play killer without BBQ either.

Let me know if this is interesting and I should keep tracking it. I have been tracking survivor escape rates and tomorrow I should post the results of 500 matches. Should I keep tracking the killer perks though?

Comments

  • The fun part about the killer meta is that while there are clear meta perks, the different playstyles of each killer means that for the most part, each killer has a separate meta. For instance, Bamboozle is incredible on Billy and Bubba because it covers a key weakness of theirs, but it's pretty irrelevant on Huntress/Nemesis/Pyramid Head/etc and pants on head stupid on Nurse. Tinkerer is very helpful for most killers, but weak on Trickster and Huntress because they're too slow to act on its information reliably and they can't use the Undetectable very well. Infectious is god-tier on power-burst killers like Oni, Plague, and Myers, and high-mobility killers like Nurse and Blight, but running it on Hag or Huntress would be silly. Enduring is helpful on M1 killers because they have to play aggressively with pallets, but less so on semi-ranged and ranged ones. Pop is better on teleport/mobility killers while Surge/Jolt is better on M1 killers. I'm All Ears is generally decent, but becomes exceptional on killers that can attack through walls. So on.

    Overall, the killer meta will always have more variety than survivor meta unless you examine individual killers and not just killers as a whole, and the only truly dominant perks are the ones that are all-purpose strong and don't really interact with the killer's power or playstyle. Corrupt always functions the same. Ruin and Undying always function the same (barring a few killers with above-average ability to defend them.) No Way Out always functions the same. NOED always functions the same. Pain Resonance and BBQ pretty much always function the same (with the one blind spot of Pyramid Head.) The only super popular one that surprises me even a little bit is Pop, because it's one that's a chore to use on many killers even if the effect is very good.

    This is cool data. Thanks for recording it!

  • I think the only thing here that surprises me is seeing Ruin show up so much more often than Undying. You'd think people would pair those two up more often...

  • @jesterkind said:

    I think the only thing here that surprises me is seeing Ruin show up so much more often than Undying. You'd think people would pair those two up more often...

    Ruin/Undying is pretty much just doubling up on Ruin. Having two totems instead of one is still very susceptible to getting blown up a minute into the match, so it doesn't patch Ruin's main weakness that effectively. I see many people run Ruin/Pop to have a before-and-after gen regression perk, and just use their other two slots for other types of perks.

    And personally, I'd pick Haunted Grounds over Undying every single time when it comes to totem defense. Has a useful effect and doesn't announce to the team that I'm packing a dangerous hex the first time somebody walks by a dull totem. That's worth the 33% failure rate to me.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754210#Comment_2754210

    Ruin/Undying is pretty much just doubling up on Ruin. Having two totems instead of one is still very susceptible to getting blown up a minute into the match, so it doesn't patch Ruin's main weakness that effectively. I see many people run Ruin/Pop to have a before-and-after gen regression perk, and just use their other two slots for other types of perks.

    And personally, I'd pick Haunted Grounds over Undying every single time when it comes to totem defense. Has a useful effect and doesn't announce to the team that I'm packing a dangerous hex the first time somebody walks by a dull totem. That's worth the 33% failure rate to me.

    I was gonna say pretty much this. Plus with Scourge PR out a lot of people are opting to use that as backup with Ruin now instead of Undying.

  • I'd say no. While it can surely end up not mattering at all especially if survivors are patient and sneaky. When this perk actually works it gets the snowball rolling much earlier. The effect feels similar to old ruin if you ask me

  • No. it's one of the best perks in killers with bad early.

  • Yeah agreed I can't play killer without running bbq, well scratch that, I mean I won't. There's no way I'm losing out on double the amount of anything on a video game.

    Give me an item on a MMO that gives me double XP or double gold...guess what I'm running? I actually hate bbq lol I wanna run other stuff.

  • I've had plenty of games where I start chasing one person and 2 gens pop while corrupt is up. Perk sucks

  • Different experiences I suppose. I liked Lethal Pursuer at first but now think it should be reworked because I think it's weak very weak.

    What normally happens. I spawn and see 4 survivors far across the map in different places. This tells me I would find them anyways and by the time I get there, they will have had time to move or shuffle out of the way. I just sacrificed a perk slot for something that didn't matter one bit. This information it gave me wasn't worth it.

    I think it should be 12 seconds instead of 9. I think it should give a 5-10% speed bonus for those 12 seconds. That's even more true to the name of the perk IMO. THEN...I think it should activate again at some point.

  • Except it is not, it is highly useful for setup killers and 110% speed killers. To me personally setup killers not only include trapper and hag but also killers like Myers, Oni and Nemesis. Absolutely helpful to be able to patrol gens easily while feeding your power. It would be overrated however if survivors just hid and waited corrupt out but that is extremely rare.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I think the only thing here that surprises me is seeing Ruin show up so much more often than Undying. You'd think people would pair those two up more often...

    That's kinda old, almost noone is using that. Undying is used more for Devour hope, or full totem builds.

    Ruin, Undying usually don't last that long anyway and you lost two perks for it. Ruin, Pop is way better and mainly more reliable imo.

    Boons didn't help this a lot, because more survivors are looking for totems.

  • @drakonukaris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754208#Comment_2754208

    Except it is not, it is highly useful for setup killers and 110% speed killers. To me personally setup killers not only include trapper and hag but also killers like Myers, Oni and Nemesis. Absolutely helpful to be able to patrol gens easily while feeding your power. It would be overrated however if survivors just hid and waited corrupt out but that is extremely rare.

    Problem is that it's RNG on spawns. I had games with SWF where we found it killer had Corrupt after game ended, because we just all spawned near open gens.

  • The implications of this are pretty easy.

    First of all, I see no problem with BBQ. It is a good information perk that discourages camping by its ability and it is mostly there to reduce the grind. This is fine and should not be touched. However the problem is that this is motivated by the grind and not by the perk itself and this is a bit problematic...

    Now the top 4 perks show a very clear pattern: Everything on slowdown. Killers need time and take the best option to buy them time. With Hex: Ruin taking a step back because of boons Killers change to a more reliable perk in "Corrupt Intervention". I am honestly not surprised...

    It is kinda bothering me to see once more how much Killers need slowdown to keep up with the game...

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Yeah agreed I can't play killer without running bbq, well scratch that, I mean I won't. There's no way I'm losing out on double the amount of anything on a video game.

    Give me an item on a MMO that gives me double XP or double gold...guess what I'm running? I actually hate bbq lol I wanna run other stuff.

    I'm glad to say I've weaned myself off BBQ, problem is I'm now still addicted to Shadowborn and Lethal lol.

  • I kinda disagree, it's pretty good and can help setup a 3 gen.

  • This proves Lightborne is OP and needs to be nerfed

  • You see more perks than I do, cant say I see so many especially things like rancor etc.

    But I'm on EU so that could be why

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754726#Comment_2754726

    I have a hatred for trying to set up 3 gens. Chase and get your downs and apply enough pressure. Or let them escape. Trying to win because you cuck them with a 3 gen is just boring to me. Id rather just allow escapes and chase whoever I come across.

    But I'll say what I said in my post to someone else. Too many times have I gotten a down within the first 30 seconds-1 minute in the game. And 1 gen pops. Or multiple have significant progress. So what value did I actually get out of corrupt. It's good for trapper, hag, plague. But that's about it IMO.

    might also be good for Michael to give you time to get that tombstone value.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754229#Comment_2754229

    It's ok on 3 killers that come to mind. That being trapper, hag, plague. But people have this misconception that it prevents gens from popping early, and it just doesn't. Too many times I've gotten a down within the first 30 seconds-1 minute of the game(depending on how emersed they are) All while it was typically patrolling the uncorrupted gens. And still had gens pop. Or had significant progress on them. So exactly what did corrupt do for me ?

    I use a lot of blight and nurse. So if I'm going to use a perk that is gone after a set time. I'm just going to use lethal. Infact one of my favorite builds lately is bbq, infectious, lethal, pop. Pop being my reward for when I hook and move to the next gen. Regress and chase. But there's a lot of time where I don't even use pop and just chase. I just don't know what to use in it's place tbh that will get me constant value.

    And Pig, Nemesis, Demogorgon and Myers. In all the killers with bad early is almost a mandatory perk but it's good with all the killers. It doesn't always prevent early popping, but it avoid the survivor to spread up in the map and start to make gens in several places, it is appreciated in low mobility killers (most of the roster) and also in big maps.

    Corrupt intervention is an S tier perk.

    Also, you can use it combined with pop or other gen regresion/protection perks, you are speaking about the perk like it was the only anti-gen perk you can equip.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754926#Comment_2754926

    Sure. You could run other regression. But that's ######### boring. I don't run regression. Tracking builds are much stronger then regression when you're good at getting downs.

    I'll 100 % disagree it's good on demo. And to an extent nemesis. But hey. We all have our thoughts. It's definetly an over rated perk and far from S-Tier

    The thing is that it is solid and does exactly what it is supposed to do every game. With Hex: Ruin you can get a bad spawn, with Pop goes the Weasle and Scourge Hooks: Pain Resonance you can get your hooks in late...

    Sure it is not as potent as those perks but it does its job every time. This is why people pick and overrate it: They see their perk work and they see other perks cashing in on their "risk" part of "risk and reward" when Hex: Ruin gets booned out of existence within the first minute...

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754926#Comment_2754926

    Sure. You could run other regression. But that's ######### boring. I don't run regression. Tracking builds are much stronger then regression when you're good at getting downs.

    I'll 100 % disagree it's good on demo. And to an extent nemesis. But hey. We all have our thoughts. It's definetly an over rated perk and far from S-Tier

    I'm not talking about boring or fun, but efficiency.

    In Demo the perk help you to place some portals without gens getting done around the map. Nemesis has a bad early, nobody is infected at start and the tentacle can't destroy pallets, if two gens are done before you reach tier 2 your snowball get decimated and maybe when you reach tier 3 there is only one gen remaining, Corrupt help a lot for countering it.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    North America

    Crossplay on

    High MMR. Source, nearing 500 matches with 60%+ escape rate.

    From high to low times appeared in 100 matches.

    2 tired of life killers entered the match with no perks.

    BBQ 54 matches

    Corrupt Intervention 41 matches

    Pop Goes The Weasel 37 matches

    Scourge PR 30 matches

    Ruin 29 matches

    No Way Out 12 matches

    Enduring 11 matches

    NOED 11 matches

    Bamboozle 10 matches

    Undying 9 matches

    Tinkerer 9 matches

    Thanatophobia 9 matches

    Save the Best for Last 8 matches

    Infections 6 matches

    Lethal Pursuer 6 matches

    Discordance 6 matches

    Spirit Fury 6 matches

    Shadowborn 5 matches

    Sloppy Butcher 4 matches

    Deadlock 4 matches are Surprising, but not so much Scourge PR is way better.

    Blood Warden 4 matches

    Jolt 4 matches

    Brutal Strength 4 matches

    Franklins demise 4 matches

    Hex Plaything 4 matches

    Rancor 4 matches

    Play With Your Food 3 matches

    Iron Maiden 3 matches

    Eruption 3 matches

    Nemesis 3 matches

    StarStruck 3 matches

    Devour Hope 2 matches

    Retribution 2 matches

    Hoarder 2 matches

    Distressing 2 matches

    Agitation 2 matches

    Iron Grasp 2 matches

    Insidious 2 matches

    Monitor an abuse 2 matches

    Fearmonger 2 matches

    Haunted Ground 2 matches

    The thrill of the Hunt 2 matches

    Pentimento 2 matches

    Lightborn 2 matches

    NOTES

    Not going to bother listing perks that showed up 1 time or less. Maybe in the future, I can do this better and actually include that just for the context.

    What I found interesting about this is. Killers simply aren't using many perks at all. Only NINE perks in double digits.

    By far the most popular killer build is POP, CORRUPT, SCOURGE PR, BBQ

    I was expecting to see Corrupt in 75% of matches. Interesting to me that it isn't as much as I feel like it is. Meanwhile, BBQ showed up in more than half of all matches. The grind is real. I can't bring myself to play killer without BBQ either.

    Let me know if this is interesting and I should keep tracking it. I have been tracking survivor escape rates and tomorrow I should post the results of 500 matches. Should I keep tracking the killer perks though?

    Now compare that to 100 matches of survivor perks, and see if they have even that much variety.

  • Not really. It's the only perk in the game that stops survivors from just hopping on gens immediately, giving killers so much needed breathing room at the start of the trial to start their first chase.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/305534/most-popular-killer-perks-from-100-matches

    Now compare that to 100 matches of survivor perks, and see if they have even that much variety.

    They will because they have better perks.

  • Nah. You'd see about the same 8 to 10 perks, more or less over and over.

  • @Minecraft said:

    high mmr

    41 corrupt intervention out of 100

    stopped reading

    Care to say why?

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Different experiences I suppose. I liked Lethal Pursuer at first but now think it should be reworked because I think it's weak very weak.

    What normally happens. I spawn and see 4 survivors far across the map in different places. This tells me I would find them anyways and by the time I get there, they will have had time to move or shuffle out of the way. I just sacrificed a perk slot for something that didn't matter one bit. This information it gave me wasn't worth it.

    I think it should be 12 seconds instead of 9. I think it should give a 5-10% speed bonus for those 12 seconds. That's even more true to the name of the perk IMO. THEN...I think it should activate again at some point.

    I get the opposite. I see people spawn beside me rather frequently that I'ddefinitely miss if I played normally.

  • Don't worry about that guy I'm like 99% sure he's a troll, responds negatively to every post and never has anything of actual value to say

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2755775#Comment_2755775

    Don't worry about that guy I'm like 99% sure he's a troll, responds negatively to every post and never has anything of actual value to say

    I was gonna say.


    If MMR truly only values escapes then simply having a survival rate of 50.01% or better over time will lead you to the highest MMR.

  • @drakonukaris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754208#Comment_2754208

    Except it is not, it is highly useful for setup killers and 110% speed killers. To me personally setup killers not only include trapper and hag but also killers like Myers, Oni and Nemesis. Absolutely helpful to be able to patrol gens easily while feeding your power. It would be overrated however if survivors just hid and waited corrupt out but that is extremely rare.

    @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754208#Comment_2754208

    I kinda disagree, it's pretty good and can help setup a 3 gen.

    That was debunked years ago by Trapper and Hag mains that also stream. There was no advantage by using corrupt. Even more, sometimes the corrupt spawned in a way, that made a 3 gen impossible, because it blocked 3 gens that were the furthest away from the centerpoint, when you want those gone.

  • Survivor meta: prolong chases and make up for mistakes.

    Killer meta: must slow down gens.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Survivor meta: prolong chases and make up for mistakes.

    Killer meta: must slow down gens.

    You're not wrong. IF mistakes even matter when the survivors manage to prolong those chases.....

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756460#Comment_2756460

    You're not wrong. IF mistakes even matter when the survivors manage to prolong those chases.....

    DH for when the survivor calculated the loop wrong, or ran into a dead end.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754597#Comment_2754597

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754726#Comment_2754726

    That was debunked years ago by Trapper and Hag mains that also stream. There was no advantage by using corrupt. Even more, sometimes the corrupt spawned in a way, that made a 3 gen impossible, because it blocked 3 gens that were the furthest away from the centerpoint, when you want those gone.

    Source - trust me bro.

    I will admit that the RNG is not always ideal but you claiming that it makes no difference is a statement that is straight up false.

    I would consider someone like Otzdarva the most knowledgeable DBD streamer. He has rated Corrupt Intervention in his newest all perk tier-list + explanation video 5 stars which is the highest rating.

  • @drakonukaris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756459#Comment_2756459

    Source - trust me bro.

    I will admit that the RNG is not always ideal but you claiming that it makes no difference is a statement that is straight up false.

    I would consider someone like Otzdarva the most knowledgeable DBD streamer. He has rated Corrupt Intervention in his newest all perk tier-list + explanation video 5 stars which is the highest rating.

    Yeah, he also explained in said video the same things i said. That you could get unlucky with the gen spawn, when a killer spawns in the middle, by blocking the 3 furthest gens. Making it impossible to set up a 3 gen.

    While its good, its not perfect for every killer.

    I recommend you to search for Corrupt Intervention perk study on youtube. You´ll find some Hag mains, that advise against it.

  • As a Pinhead main the aura use from BBQ allows me to better uphold pressure by keeping tabs on the box. BP is the bonus.

  • People often wrongfully assume the "game delay" meta is and must be a product of the game otherwise being "too fast". But the fact of the matter is that the game simply inherently is about time, and the longer a trial goes on, the more likely it is for the killer to succeed, with success chances approaching infinity as time does. Even if a gen took 5 minutes to complete, game delay perks would still be the objectively best choice for killers. Would they need them to succeed? Of course not. But you do not need them to succeed even as it is (in fact, if you're a good killer player, you can go into pubs perkless and be AFK for half a minute during the most crucial seconds of a match and still average 3+ kills...).

    I've said it before, but I do really enjoy the fact that now there is a relatively wide variety of viable delay perks that all see frequent use, and that's especially because many of them encourage completely different playstyles. With Ruin and Thanatophobia you want to spread around pressure as much as possible, you pair them with stuff like Tinkerer, Haunted Ground, Butcher, Discordance, Infectious Fright. With Pop and Resonance you want to commit to and end chases as fast as possible, therefore are more likely to be using a chase perk or two alongside them, as well as stuff like Agitation and Barbecue. They also encourage leaving the hook ASAP. Corrupt and Deadlock are passive delay perks, but they also come with their own types of play and counterplay, such as trying to hide out Corrupt, or 99ing a gen to keep other gens from fetching Deadlock. Pentimento, Plaything, Undying and Thrill are perks that make game delay revolve around totem gameplay of course. No Way Out prolongs specifically the endgame and can lead to matches being turned around entirely in it, particularly alongside NOED of course. Dead Man's Switch that's hopefully coming with the next update is promising to add yet another option to the arsenal, with its own unique gameplay.

    So I for one don't mind the killer perk meta being one of game delay, and don't see it as being indicative in and of itself of an issue either. I do think it could be beneficial for the game to replace some of them with base-game mechanics (such as an "early-game collapse" to replace Corrupt, blocking all gens until the first chase begins), but that would have to go alongside with more comprehensive rebalancing.

    What I would definitely like to see is various of the weaker delay perks be buffed. Here's a post of mine outlining some such buffs: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2702588/#Comment_2702588