Spirit should have an indicator from her POV when she’s passive phasing
I don’t see why not. It can add another skill based element into her kit and can make Juniper Bonsai not a completely worthless add on. There would be more mind games even when Spirit is recovering her power as a 110% movement speed killer.
Not sure how it can work. I was thinking it can have her hands disappear when she’s passive phasing but I think that could be disorienting for certain players.
Thoughts?
Comments
If the passive phasing was more predicatable and set in stone like old Freddy's glimpses, it would be a skillful interaction.
Atm, it's completely random and invisible from the Spirit's PoV, so changing it to be consistent (every 3 or 4 seconds) with an indicator would make that aspect of her more interesting AND make Juniper Bonsai not a complete dogshet Add-on.
Yeah that’s why I don’t like the mechanic. It’s very gimmicky and it’s completely RNG. Nothing skillful about it.
Since passive phasing is uncontrollable and lasts maybe 1-2 seconds that would be very distracting and borderline if not impossible to use with any reliability.
Yeah but it can at least make the mechanic more skill based rather than just getting a hit because you got lucky with the passive phasing.
I would love to play M1 Spirit as a challenge then. Though I find the cracking sounds of her hands while charging one of the most satisfying things about her.
Guess I'll miss on that one then 🤷
Since audio is very important as a spirit, you could make her play an audio sigh or groan or something whenever she enters passive phasing, similar to nurse when she teleports(but this would only play for the killer, obviously)
What you can do is equip Gifted Bamboo Comb or White Hair Ribbon for extra charge speed and keep spamming M2 to hear the noise. It’s still pretty satisfying.
Or they could make it every 2 or 3 seconds and then you just memorize the timing.
That was the case with Freddy's glimpses. It could work with Spirit.
That might could work.
Personally i dont know why they havent added a colored border to the screen when phasing a icon would be a bit too unrecognizable though i guess its really so it cant be abused
I would say make it consistent like every 5 seconds she passive phases and it gives off a visual or audio indicator.
Thing is it might be annoying as well since you have this thing thats constantly bugging you every 5 seconds
I feel like that’s easier with Freddy because it happens right after you start to put someone asleep (at least that’s what I think) while Spirit would have to have it at the start of a match.
I find it less satisfying if it's faster, which doesn't change the fact that White Hair Ribbon is my favourite Add-on.
But if it's slower I find it better, but then.. I never really spammed M2 with her so maybe I'd change my mind.
Glad to see the new weekly Spirit thread. 😊
Anyway, I think that'd be a great idea! Maybe making the passive phasing work on a set time frame, like Old Freddy, and adding that indicator, could make her funner to play and scarier to go against. However, now that I'm saying it, that may be too over-powered.
Also, they'd need to make it so the indicator isn't super annoying and in-your-face. Because that'd get old real fast.
After you phase for the first time then.
Oooh!
Now this would be a wonderful candidate for a Killer specific use for the Beta tab, as the added information is purely client-side.
What would the information be? Just an icon? Or a hue shift to be more akin to the view while phasing? (Is the screen any different while phasing, or am I just thinking Freddy?)
As long as the audio doesn't play during phases, I am fine.
But I think her hands disappearing like GannMan said would be cool as well.
Or else, the screen could change to the blue'ish phase colour for a second while a passive phase is happening.
Wait till they do a "Hillbilly roar" to Spirit.
I think that this is a wonderful idea!! I don't agree with those saying that the addition of Spirit being aware of her owm passive phasing (PP) would not open any doors to skillfully use it. Sure, it's RNG-based, but it could CERTAINLY be used as a momentary opportunity to change directions, cross a window, look around, or more while disorienting the survivors' idea of the Spirit's plans.
*Another suggestion* maybe in addition to her hands disappearing/blinking during PP like those suggested above, maybe an audio cue could indicate that PP is *ABOUT TO ACTIVATE* so the player can anticipate it coming and get full usage out of it.
Thoughts?
Oh, God. I can just imagine her Waluigi yelling every couple of seconds and how mind-numbingly annoying that would be.
Oh true I didn’t think about that!
Honestly not sure. I want something that’s helpful but isn’t disorienting for some players.
Oh don’t worry, there’s plenty more to come!
I don’t think it would be overpowered tbh because survivors would know you have that ability and adapt to it and it makes the mechanic less RNG based.