Ghostface is almost perfect

Since Ghostface will be getting changed soon with Legion here’s what I think of Ghostface. I think he’s almost a perfect killer. I think he’s very fun and interesting he’s quick nimble and sneaky. If I were to make him a perfect balanced killer here’s the 3 changes he needs

  1. Fix his Reveal mechanic
  2. Change his cooldown
  3. rework his addons

The first change is simple, fix his inconsistent reveal mechanic it’s weird and stupid. You can reveal him from across the map or you stare him in the face and nothing happens

Second is cooldown. Even though they kind of made it basekit it’s not enough he needs a better cooldown here’s what I would do. His Base cooldown is 20 seconds. When you get stunned, revealed or miss a attack you lose night shroud and have a 20 second cooldown. If you hit a survivor while in night shroud the cooldown is 15 seconds, if you hit a marked survivor your cooldown is 10 seconds. Simple but makes him rewarding and more skillful. I would then nerf the cooldown addons

Make better addons. Ghostfaces addons are not very good the only good ones are the cooldown addons. Just rework his addons to be better and he will be golden.

What do you think Ghostface needs?

Comments

  • Since Ghostface will be getting changed soon with Legion

    Legion's going to be getting a change?

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Since Ghostface will be getting changed soon with Legion

    Legion's going to be getting a change?

    yes! The devs announced Legion and Ghostface are the next killers getting changed. Legion is the most problematic killer I hope they get improved

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747607#Comment_2747607

    yes! The devs announced Legion and Ghostface are the next killers getting changed. Legion is the most problematic killer I hope they get improved

    I'm hoping for an addon pass

    hopefully BHVR doesn't do something stupid like at lethality to Legion's power

  • hope he gets those changes for those that like him

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747610#Comment_2747610

    I'm hoping for an addon pass

    hopefully BHVR doesn't do something stupid like at lethality to Legion's power

    If a killers power isn't lethal then it is pointless. Look at plague. If nobody cleanses then she is just a super tall m1 bot that you can loop for ages.

  • This content has been removed.
  • If he was perfect he wouldnt be a D tier killer. Miss playing him though so i hope they fix him.

    You have to be close to the survivor you are stalking otherwise they will just outrun the stalk. This could be fixed but i dont know how, maybe give him small haste buff when he has full stalk on or make the survivor who has been stalked hindered for few seconds.

    His addons are garbage. You can play him addonless and you wont notice a difference.

    He is very map dependent so big open maps..well my ghosty boy is screwed.

    Lastly...boons...mostly CoH and shadow boon. That was the last nail in my coffin to stop playing him

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747619#Comment_2747619

    If a killers power isn't lethal then it is pointless. Look at plague. If nobody cleanses then she is just a super tall m1 bot that you can loop for ages.

    Add lethality to Legion's current power.

    Like if they rework Legion to give him some cool secondary skillful way to down people, that'd be awesome.

    If adding lethality to legion's power is literally just him going stabby stabby like 3 times and they go down like release Legion, ew.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Give Ghostface some shades so it is harder to reveal him. That is all I want. Oh, make teabagging restore your power cooldown too. That is just being greedy, but, it would be swag.

  • Agreed. Cooldown needs to be shorter, reveal mechanics fixed and give him good add ons.

    He doesnt need any big changes to his power, he is good

  • Stretched res also counters him which needs to be fixed. Survivors can look over tall walls and reveal you which they can't without stretched.

  • I always feel like I'm a super-sneaker when I play Ghostface.

    Then I play against Ghostface and I'm like "I can see him over the top of this Hill, he thinks he's being sneaky? Lel"

    But of course, will ######### my pants when "Okay I'm moving my camera around the Gen and checking out the area and-Why does that look like Ghost-fuq-run".

    I'd probably make Night-Shroud a bit more impactful at hiding him at a distance, so you've got to be more vigilant when against a Ghostface instead of seeing them halfway across the map and then being able to just sit back, relax, and press M1. Like Wraith. (Wraith of course having the benefit of being much more mobile and extreme invisibility)

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747610#Comment_2747610

    I'm hoping for an addon pass

    hopefully BHVR doesn't do something stupid like at lethality to Legion's power

    Old legion flashback ….

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Since Ghostface will be getting changed soon with Legion here’s what I think of Ghostface. I think he’s almost a perfect killer. I think he’s very fun and interesting he’s quick nimble and sneaky. If I were to make him a perfect balanced killer here’s the 3 changes he needs

    1. Fix his Reveal mechanic
    2. Change his cooldown
    3. rework his addons

    The first change is simple, fix his inconsistent reveal mechanic it’s weird and stupid. You can reveal him from across the map or you stare him in the face and nothing happens

    Second is cooldown. Even though they kind of made it basekit it’s not enough he needs a better cooldown here’s what I would do. His Base cooldown is 20 seconds. When you get stunned, revealed or miss a attack you lose night shroud and have a 20 second cooldown. If you hit a survivor while in night shroud the cooldown is 15 seconds, if you hit a marked survivor your cooldown is 10 seconds. Simple but makes him rewarding and more skillful. I would then nerf the cooldown addons

    Make better addons. Ghostfaces addons are not very good the only good ones are the cooldown addons. Just rework his addons to be better and he will be golden.

    What do you think Ghostface needs?

    I think Ghostface suffers from two problems right now: Massive Healing and the ease to reveal him on most maps.

    Let me elaborate...

    At first it would seem that Ghostface should not suffer from healing that much. After all he is a stealth Killer with an insta-down. You can not heal yourself through an insta-down. However the "hit-and-run" playstyle is Ghostface "backup plan" on more open maps. When you play on Auto-Heaven or other areas like this, Ghostface can have trouble getting close. Sure you can stalk but you have problems taking the reward for this, because you can not sneak up on your victim. Hit and Run was a good fallback but that does not work against massive healing. (Ask Wraith about it...)

    These open maps also allow for easy reveals unless you crouch across them. In itself your crouch can counter this but the amount of time it takes to get from A - B while crouched is not worth it. As such you just run there and either they know you are coming (bad) or you get revealed (worse).

    It gets even worse when people play Spine Chill. Wraith can counter Spine Chill by crabwalking to the survivors without looking at them, Ghostface has to look at them to stalk and get any benefit from his power. A good survivor with Spine Chill that knows she is up against a Ghostface has it very easy. Not to mention 6% extra action speed to add insult to injury.

    If the survivors are any good on an Autoheaven map or any other open map, you will be a M1 Killer without any mobility that gets 1-2 downs by surprise at the start of the match. After that you either lack the time for a good stalk (genspeed) or you can not sneak up on them anymore (open fields, survivors are aware) or both.


    Now how to fix this...

    Well, Ghostface as a "hidden stalker" is a great concept. I love him and I still play him. I am just very aware of his weakness and the feeling that most times it was "just" my M1 skill that got me the down and not my power being that useful.

    An add-on pass is mandatory for him. His add-ons are just plain stat buffs that are not even interesting with his power. Even his iridecent add-ons are just "meh" with the Camera at least being a bit interesting. Crouching speed add-ons suck, Mark duration add-ons are just there as fillers, Stalking speed add-ons are not needed (you stalk pretty quickly once you get an angle) and only cooldown add-ons are worth it. Also no meme add-on!

    Next his reveal mechanic should be fixed as you said. Strech res should be addressed here as nothing feels as bad as the fact that Ghostface gets revealed over walls or stuff like that...you loose those matches and you notice who is using strech res without any ability to counter it.

    The main point he needs: An ability to blend back into the shadows to go back to stalking. And I am not talking about "stalking a survivor that leaves a loop" (works quit okay). You suggested change would address this a bit but I think we need something else...

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747619#Comment_2747619

    If a killers power isn't lethal then it is pointless. Look at plague. If nobody cleanses then she is just a super tall m1 bot that you can loop for ages.

    Sure, but in that case we are talking about Plague. Plague and Legion could not be more different. Do you really want a super fast killer who can vault windows almost as fast as survivors can, ignore pallets, and see you through walls to have lethality?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747607#Comment_2747607

    yes! The devs announced Legion and Ghostface are the next killers getting changed. Legion is the most problematic killer I hope they get improved

    "Problematic" in what sense?

  • before legion was reworked they were god awful to face. It wasn’t because they were good they were a ######### killer but they had exploits so bad that it was torture to fight them. First of all, deep wound originally only went down when not in a chase this was bad cause legion would moonwalk and you would go down with no counterplay. He could stab you over and over again and it doesn’t matter what you did you would go down eventually. He was unfun and the most god awful designed killer ever. Also they can’t down

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747619#Comment_2747619

    If a killers power isn't lethal then it is pointless. Look at plague. If nobody cleanses then she is just a super tall m1 bot that you can loop for ages.

    not true. gfs power isnt lethal, and hes strong af.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747619#Comment_2747619

    If a killers power isn't lethal then it is pointless. Look at plague. If nobody cleanses then she is just a super tall m1 bot that you can loop for ages.

    all survivors only have 1 health state tho!

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747629#Comment_2747629

    Sure, but in that case we are talking about Plague. Plague and Legion could not be more different. Do you really want a super fast killer who can vault windows almost as fast as survivors can, ignore pallets, and see you through walls to have lethality?

    no. but they are also low tier killers so...

  • That's not an excuse. Legion is low tier, but that doesn't mean they need their power to be lethal, especially because there are other ways to buff them.

    The common argument I see for a buff to give Legion lethality is usually along the lines of "Legion immediately downs the 4th survivor hit in Frenzy". This is both a down for the killer that is extremely easy to get if survivors group up AND is made completely pointless by the fact that Leatherface exists! Weak for the killer, annoying for the survivor (which has been a pretty common theme with Legion I think)

    Ways to buff Legion without breaking the game include:

    -A small speed boost upon hitting a survivor in frenzy that stacks and lasts until the frenzy ends, making chain hits easier.

    -Reducing fatigue after Frenzy from 4 to 3 seconds.

    -Reducing/removing the mechanic that removes half of your power gauge after hitting a survivor with a basic attack

  • My biggest issue with Ghostface is the reveal mechanic. It doesn't make sense that I can stare at him with absolutely nothing in my LOS to block it and nothing happens BUT if I'm behind a rock that is covering 99% of my screen some how when he walks by the other side I hear the sound that I started to reveal him from what I guess was that 1% of no rock in the top corner of my screen.