It's Dead Hard on every survivor, every match.

Why are you not nerfing the most used perk in the game, but instead nerf addons of killers that have very small play rate?

You guys said in a recent post that you don't want to rush changes. Ok..but then you nerfed The Artist before she was even released. I really don't understand the thought process behind the decisions you take.

Why change the only addon that makes Clown playable? Why do it now?

Do you guys got killed by a Clown with pinky finger recently, babyraged and decided to nerf it? Is that what it is?

You also nerfed some Twins addons..why?? I do play survivor a lot and i think i saw Twins 3 times last year, just saying

Comments

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737373#Comment_2737373

    There's a couple of issues to your logic when it comes to saying nerfing perks will make the game boring

    First, is that it's already at that point while killers have universally used perks such a bbq the side also has varying gameplays unlike survivor which is the same no matter what person you use which leads to people wanting their meta perks gone.

    And second is the fact that it game itself is way too perk dependent as it is cause think about it like this. Without the perks survivors will have no crutches, no excuses and no ego trips anymore and for killer it could lead to some being revealed as having bad base kits and some do need balancing but as it stands now the perks are the problem and as long as people keep trying to defend using said perks it's going to stay unbalanced.

    You're right in the sense that I worded my statement a bit wonky. I don't care about having more variety of perks in play necessarily - people play what they want and we can't control that.

    What I care about is not nerfing everything that's even slightly strong to useless levels, which is what both survivors and killers seem to aim for when it comes to nerfing the other side's meta.

    I do agree about perk dependence being a problem, but I don't think making EVERYTHING weak is the way to go for that.

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737495#Comment_2737495

    Twins and Clown/add-ons in general have nothing to do with anything I said, as I was talking about perks (both killer and survivor perks btw), so for someone who supposedly prides themselves on logic, that was a very illogical counter to make lol.

    My main point is that nerfing all meta perks all the time is not the way to go, period. I don't care about perk variety, I care about perk usability. People can play whatever perks they want, but if we nerf all strong perks to pathetic levels, THAT is what makes gameplay more boring.

    They could nerf strong perks and buff weaker perks. That's how you add variety in a game and that's how the meta could CHANGE.

    I called Clown and Twins nerfs because those two nerfs are what actually makes the game Boring. Now more people would rely on the higher tier killers more than ever. IDK how you can have fun facing Blight, Nurse, Huntress and facecamping Bubba every match

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737495#Comment_2737495

    Twins and Clown/add-ons in general have nothing to do with anything I said, as I was talking about perks (both killer and survivor perks btw), so for someone who supposedly prides themselves on logic, that was a very illogical counter to make lol.

    My main point is that nerfing all meta perks all the time is not the way to go, period. I don't care about perk variety, I care about perk usability. People can play whatever perks they want, but if we nerf all strong perks to pathetic levels, THAT is what makes gameplay more boring.

    And right now isn't boring as hell?

  • It is. I'm not interested in making it worse.

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737465#Comment_2737465

    You're right in the sense that I worded my statement a bit wonky. I don't care about having more variety of perks in play necessarily - people play what they want and we can't control that.

    What I care about is not nerfing everything that's even slightly strong to useless levels, which is what both survivors and killers seem to aim for when it comes to nerfing the other side's meta.

    I do agree about perk dependence being a problem, but I don't think making EVERYTHING weak is the way to go for that.

    As of right now it seems to be basically noed and camping/tunneling/slugging vs meta perks when it is boiled down to basics. Honestly as of right now I do have to disagree they do need to be nerfed only cause buffing has only lead the game to have the bullshit it has now cause right now.

    If they really and I mean really looked at the statistics that caused this fiasco of an update we just had they would see that nearly 100% of the time there's a combination of the same perks for survivor over and over and over only cause there's no difference in each survivor unlike killer which lead to the issues we have now.

  • @Lat0 said:

    Why are you not nerfing the most used perk in the game, but instead nerf addons of killers that have very small play rate?

    You guys said in a recent post that you don't want to rush changes. Ok..but then you nerfed The Artist before she was even released. I really don't understand the thought process behind the decisions you take.

    Why change the only addon that makes Clown playable? Why do it now?

    Do you guys got killed by a Clown with pinky finger recently, babyraged and decided to nerf it? Is that what it is?

    You also nerfed some Twins addons..why?? I do play survivor a lot and i think i saw Twins 3 times last year, just saying

    You should be punished for your mistakes

  • Dead Hard is button activated which gives it an advantage against other Exhaustion perks.... and doesn't have ridiculous conditions

    Sprint Burst is up there as well... but isn't button activated so "more skill" is used to 99% that Sprint Burst so it's ready to use when needed

    Overcome was "supposed" to take over as the most used Exhaustion perk but Dead Hard is to important at this point

    Lithe is only good if you want to run to another loop by going through a window... plus making it through the window

    Balanced landing hasn't been used all that much since the nerf... But if you know that you are going to a map with a lot of high ground... This perk is good to bring along

    Head On is only used for the memes at this point

    Smash Hit is dependent on getting the pallet stun on the Killer

  • @Tiufal said:

    First, DH isnt that much used at all. Second, Pinky Finger is one of the most broken addon out there for years. Third, who cares for worst design killer ever?

    DH is used ALL THE TIME. You must be playing a different game or just lying

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737108#Comment_2737108

    Yeah, that's a lie. DH is extremely popular.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1BYAPZ21LL6A/dead-by-daylight-infographic-1274929.jpeg

    Pinky Finger was dumb, but not broken. It needed a nerf, but the concept is fine.

    Legion is the worst designed Killer.

    And DH is stupidly good and everyone knows it.

    It looks like Self-Care is the perk that needs nerfed since it's the number 1 used perk. It's so OP.

    I think your chart right there shows you why a commonly used perk isn't a reason to nerf a perk.

  • DH isn't that good. all dh does is give me a little room, and even then I still get hit

  • @Marigoria said:

    Just because something is used a lot doesn't mean it's OP and needs a nerf.

    I see BBQ and ruin on 99% of my matches and I dont think they need to be nerfed.

    Pinky Finger was an issue, but I do agree that clown needs another rework, because the one they gave him a while ago didn't really improve anything at all. He still lacks map pressure and is still one of the weakest killers in the game.

    Being popular also doesn’t mean it’s not overpowered. The reason people like myself say Dead Hard is powerful isn’t because it’s popular, it’s because it combines two effects which both would be decent perks on their own into one mega perk. It allows survivors to lunge forward a decent distance in a pinch, and also to evade attacks. And because hit validation now allows that evasion to work properly that aspect of the perk has become relatively much more impactful with survivors able to force a miss 100% of the time if they have decent reactions.

    I did do a poll last month among survivors and of the respondents who regularly use Dead Hard almost all of them said they would still use the perk if it didn’t make you invulnerable simply because that extra distance is so useful. Which should tell you something about how good that effect is and why I think the perk is overpowered when you combine it with forced misses as well. They could literally nerf the invulnerability out completely and it would still be used by a lot of people just for distance.

  • I think with Dead Hard it’s important to note that it’s possible that prior to hit validation going into effect the stats on Dead Hard’s impact on matches that devs looked at didn’t indicate it needed a nerf. But before hit validation Dead Hard dodging an attack was spottier. Now a survivor can basically 100% dodge an attack if they have quick enough reflexes and that aspect of the perk is significantly better.

    Hit validation though is still relatively new so even assuming the perk is now overpowered because it works properly it may simply be that either the devs haven’t reviewed it yet or they’re holding off reviewing it until they are sure they aren’t making additional changes to the hit validation. After all, if they tweak Dead Hard, but then later change hit validation, they might have to retweak Dead Hard again since its effectiveness is correlated with that. Or maybe they’ve looked at Dead Hard and found a lot of people don’t benefit from it because they mistime it or don’t use it efficiently, so it could be something overpowered at high skill level but kind of meh with average players and they don’t see a need to change it much. (Kind of like they’re not too concerned that Nurse is generally considered the best killer in the game by far at high skill level because among average players she’s kind of so-so since she’s hard to use.)

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737121#Comment_2737121

    It looks like Self-Care is the perk that needs nerfed since it's the number 1 used perk. It's so OP.

    I think your chart right there shows you why a commonly used perk isn't a reason to nerf a perk.

    To quote the person I answered, "dead hard isnt even used that much"

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736951#Comment_2736951

    Being popular also doesn’t mean it’s not overpowered. The reason people like myself say Dead Hard is powerful isn’t because it’s popular, it’s because it combines two effects which both would be decent perks on their own into one mega perk. It allows survivors to lunge forward a decent distance in a pinch, and also to evade attacks. And because hit validation now allows that evasion to work properly that aspect of the perk has become relatively much more impactful with survivors able to force a miss 100% of the time if they have decent reactions.

    I did do a poll last month among survivors and of the respondents who regularly use Dead Hard almost all of them said they would still use the perk if it didn’t make you invulnerable simply because that extra distance is so useful. Which should tell you something about how good that effect is and why I think the perk is overpowered when you combine it with forced misses as well. They could literally nerf the invulnerability out completely and it would still be used by a lot of people just for distance.

    B&c is so used too, and killers in this forum only use it for the blood points. So devs should remove the aura reading

  • Remove the cooldown and injured condition on Blood Echo and i would be the happiest person ever

  • @ElmosPayPig said:

    Dead hard is now mechanically objectively fair.

    Yes, cause DH over a bear trap is fair

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    Remove the cooldown and injured condition on Blood Echo and i would be the happiest person ever

    Or make Fearmonger last 10 seconds

  • That one too.

    Just give us a good perk to counter exhaustion perks and i'll be fine with Dead Hard

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737679#Comment_2737679

    B&c is so used too, and killers in this forum only use it for the blood points. So devs should remove the aura reading

    I already said I don’t think Dead Hard’s popularity means its overpowered, I think it’s overpowered because of its combined effects.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737121#Comment_2737121

    It looks like Self-Care is the perk that needs nerfed since it's the number 1 used perk. It's so OP.

    I think your chart right there shows you why a commonly used perk isn't a reason to nerf a perk.

    Self care was nerfed it was the second strongest perk in game next to og DS at one point.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737891#Comment_2737891

    I already said I don’t think Dead Hard’s popularity means its overpowered, I think it’s overpowered because of its combined effects.

    Which in turn make it popular because of the effects.

  • I wouldn’t mind that but it would make detectives hunch useless without a map

  • @Tiufal said:

    First, DH isnt that much used at all. Second, Pinky Finger is one of the most broken addon out there for years. Third, who cares for worst design killer ever?

    "DH isn't that much used at all".

    Best laugh I've had all day!

    Seriously, you can't honestly believe that.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Just because something is used a lot doesn't mean it's OP and needs a nerf.

    I see BBQ and ruin on 99% of my matches and I dont think they need to be nerfed.

    Pinky Finger was an issue, but I do agree that clown needs another rework, because the one they gave him a while ago didn't really improve anything at all. He still lacks map pressure and is still one of the weakest killers in the game.

    But dead hard DOES need changes. Its basically a third health state when used properly and in my opinion anyway, if you cant fix it, remove it.

  • Because it would reveal how many ''top tier'' survivors can't actually loop without their second-chance perk.

  • @km66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303774/its-dead-hard-on-every-survivor-every-match

    Every killer uses hex ruin. They should nerf it just because I don’t like it.

    They did.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Just because something is used a lot doesn't mean it's OP and needs a nerf.

    I see BBQ and ruin on 99% of my matches and I dont think they need to be nerfed.

    Pinky Finger was an issue, but I do agree that clown needs another rework, because the one they gave him a while ago didn't really improve anything at all. He still lacks map pressure and is still one of the weakest killers in the game.

    Bbq is either free bp so for people farming its mandatory, or its free information one of the limited ways killers get it.

    Ruin because Killer gen regression is so crap it's needed for alot of killers.

    I don't use it as totems are trash, id rather regress gens by camping and tunneling.

  • Exactly, it's not overpowered because it's popular, it's popular because it's overpowered.

  • @Aurelle said:

    Because Dead Hard is a survivor perk, so of course it's never going to get changed.

    (To be fair, they did say that they were improving validation for Dead Hard, but I don't think that's going to do anything)

    It looks like they're only gonna improve the audiovisual effects of hit validation so yeah, it's not actually gonna fix anything gameplay-wise.

1 2 ›