RCPD map is....bad
I love the detail and effort they put into it but I just keep finding more reasons to hate it.
Just played a game where everytime I chased this one survivor she ran to a corner of the map where I guess she knew she couldn't get hooked from...like,,,, what??? Fix that #########.
Let her bleed out after the third time, ended up a 3k because her team came for her and I had noed. Not something I usually bring, but I only have a handful of perks on huntress and was just trying to do a challenge.
Anybody else dislike the map?
Comments
^^
What an insightful response
^^
Nah.
Everyone agrees RPD the worst map in the game to play, yet visually very good. This is the only map I get as killer I just afk or guide the survivors to gens to get the game over with since it's just terrible.
Also map offerings for either Hawkins Lane or RPD I just close the game during loading screen and let the survivors sit back in que for another 10 min. The only exception is if I'm playing Trapper.
Good is not spelled bad.
I like it.
It's an awful map. From an art point of view, it's visually great and they were so loyal to the original RE.
From a gameplay perspective, it's completely broken. I can't think of any other maps that have so many dead zones for hooks so that if a survivor gets downed, they're most likely to wiggle out because the nearest hook is ages away. Even as a survivor I hate it, it's like a maze and takes forever to find a gen. It's really disorientating and despite playing on it quite a lot, I still can't get my head around it's layout. At least with other large maps (Mother's Dwelling) they're wide open so you can get a clear sense of location, RCPD is just unplayable - especially for people new to the game. It's the only map I genuinely hate.