Last Day Before PTB

Tomorrow is PTB day for Mid-Chapter changes. So before we learn what we will get, which changes you want to see? Lets discuss.


I am going to start. So i want to see this changes:


  • Legion rework or huge buffs.
  • Ghostface reveal mechanic fixed.
  • Ghostface buffs.
  • Swamp rework.
  • Grind and Bloodweb rework. Buff for prestige system (More rewards for prestiged characters).
  • CoH nerf (This perk should not stack with other heal stuffs (other perks and med-kits).
  • Cooldown for Boon totems (60 second after killer snuff it.)
  • MDR nerf (I think this is last problem about Spirit. She is fine except this add-on.)
  • Alchemist's Ring nerf (Blight is perfect killer, except this add-on.)
  • Freddy add-on pass.
  • More Trapper buffs (He is worst killer in game, just give him some love.)
  • Perk buffs for both side. Last perk buffs was pretty good, so i have hope for more.
Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Small nitpick, but I think Legion is the worst Killer in the game right now.

  • COH shouldn’t give you free self care, I’m okay with the stacking though

  • Move my Piggy's roar a lil more towards the middle of an ambush instead of at the beginning. Maybe have her traps behave kinda like the trapper's, so that the first jigsaw search is unlikely to be the correct one, but each subsequent search has an increasing chance to be right. And how about 2-3% faster speed while crouched please.

  • @DatFastBoi said:

    COH shouldn’t give you free self care, I’m okay with the stacking though

    Nah, i think this will be bad change. Because We'll Make It will be better option against CoH. There will not be reason to bring CoH.


    CoH and Self-Care should have same speed to self-heal. So you can bring Self-Care for yourself without risk. Or you can bring CoH for all team.

  • Better ######### anti cheat

  • I'm not expecting anything major... but can be surprised

  • -Show SWF in lobby

    -Remove Boon totems

    -Fix maps/generators

    Don't care about any thing else

  • @Pulsar said:

    Small nitpick, but I think Legion is the worst Killer in the game right now.

    Trapper has slow start. You need to pick up your traps, you need to set them. After this, maybe you will not get any value from your traps, maybe you will.  


    But Legion? At least Legion has not slow start, you can use your power in start. You can injure survivors so fast. But after this, Legion is m1 killer. 


    So they both bad killers for sure but Trapper is more worse on my opinion.

  • I am all in for the Ghostface things: Fix the reveal, buff him a bit. Same for the add-ons, there is not a single Spirit player who disagrees with a nerf to MD-Ring or a Blight player who does not admit that Alchemist Ring is busted.

    For Boons I would go another direction: Reduce Cycle of Healings area of effect from 24m to 16 or 12m. Buff Exponentials area of effect from 24m to 32m and leave Shadowstep. Why should all boons have the same range for their different effects? A change to their range would make a huge difference in their power and make it easier for Killers to snuff certain Boons while leaving other Boons more hidden.

    I would add one thing to the list: Ghostface add-on pass. Right now he only has 1 interesting add-on and that is his iridescent camera add-on. He should have some interesting add-ons to tweak and change his power and not just to buff his stats by X. Also, non meme-add on, literally unplayable.


    As a final nitpick: Change the first person moris to third person and give Trapper and Wraith an overhaul. Both of their moris are just no longer competitive and get outdone by every other Killer.

  • Penti should not need a totem to be Cleansed first. This puts it's use squarely on Survivors shoulders, while Survivors don't need a Cleansed totem to use Boons.

    This means Survivors have 0 reason to Cleanse, and Penti is possibly the worst Hex perk in existence, since smart Survivors can prevent it from ever being usable simply by ignoring totems.

    How stupid is it that Survivors can completely nullify a Hex perk by IGNORING totems? 🤡

  • Am I the only one that doesn't want any Ghostface buffs until they fix his annoying stalk mechanic?

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Penti should not need a totem to be Cleansed first. This puts it's use squarely on Survivors shoulders, while Survivors don't need a Cleansed totem to use Boons.

    This means Survivors have 0 reason to Cleanse, and Penti is possibly the worst Hex perk in existence, since smart Survivors can prevent it from ever being usable simply by ignoring totems.

    How stupid is it that Survivors can completely nullify a Hex perk by IGNORING totems? 🤡

    Penti is actually good perk but Boon meta destroyed it. I wish we had this perk before. But i still have value from Penti & Plaything combo.

  • How many mid-chapter changes do we usually get, are there usually multiple buffs and nerfs or is thins just like a huge wish list where only 2 or maybe 3 changes will be implemented?

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726876#Comment_2726876

    Penti is actually good perk but Boon meta destroyed it. I wish we had this perk before. But i still have value from Penti & Plaything combo.

    Honestly, either Devs have to remove a Boons ability to overwrite a Hex (how stupid that Boons are stronger than Killer Hex's)

    Or they need to make it so Killers Snuffing Totems puts them in a Cleansed state, so Killers can actually USE Penti.


    I'm not holding my breath on either change happening.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Small nitpick, but I think Legion is the worst Killer in the game right now.

    Legion doesn't get an 8 second stun for using his power to down then go for pickup

    Id say hes second worst, after twins

  • @Gwinty said:

    I am all in for the Ghostface things: Fix the reveal, buff him a bit. Same for the add-ons, there is not a single Spirit player who disagrees with a nerf to MD-Ring or a Blight player who does not admit that Alchemist Ring is busted.

    For Boons I would go another direction: Reduce Cycle of Healings area of effect from 24m to 16 or 12m. Buff Exponentials area of effect from 24m to 32m and leave Shadowstep. Why should all boons have the same range for their different effects? A change to their range would make a huge difference in their power and make it easier for Killers to snuff certain Boons while leaving other Boons more hidden.

    I would add one thing to the list: Ghostface add-on pass. Right now he only has 1 interesting add-on and that is his iridescent camera add-on. He should have some interesting add-ons to tweak and change his power and not just to buff his stats by X. Also, non meme-add on, literally unplayable.

    As a final nitpick: Change the first person moris to third person and give Trapper and Wraith an overhaul. Both of their moris are just no longer competitive and get outdone by every other Killer.

    Boons having different ranges would probably end up making the boon take the highest range into account

  • Id love to see dead hard and boon nerfs, alongside a couple of tweaks to ghostie, legion, twins and hillbilly (delete overheat, without instasaw addons its completely unnecessary)

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726875#Comment_2726875

    Boons having different ranges would probably end up making the boon take the highest range into account

    That was not part of my idea. Each Boon ability should be considered on its own to avoid this.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Small nitpick, but I think Legion is the worst Killer in the game right now.

    Very true. Needs full rework since any buffs would either not change anything or create a return of Old Legion

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726862#Comment_2726862

    Legion doesn't get an 8 second stun for using his power to down then go for pickup

    Id say hes second worst, after twins

    No. Twins are still viable you just have to play like a complete douchbag to make it happen. They are still phenomenal at camping. Legion is by far worst @MikaleaWantsYourBoon trapper has slow start but have great snowball potential especially with certain add ons.

    @dspaceman20 said:

    Am I the only one that doesn't want any Ghostface buffs until they fix his annoying stalk mechanic?

    This frustration goes both ways. I get revealed around corners or behind objects....no reason they cant fix this and buff.

  • I donlt know what to expect but I'm excited.

    @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726892#Comment_2726892

    That was not part of my idea. Each Boon ability should be considered on its own to avoid this.

    I agree. People mostly complain about CoH, the two others seem fine. If a nerf is coming, it'd be nice that each Boon is treated on its own.

  • @Gwinty said:

    I am all in for the Ghostface things: Fix the reveal, buff him a bit. Same for the add-ons, there is not a single Spirit player who disagrees with a nerf to MD-Ring or a Blight player who does not admit that Alchemist Ring is busted.

    For Boons I would go another direction: Reduce Cycle of Healings area of effect from 24m to 16 or 12m. Buff Exponentials area of effect from 24m to 32m and leave Shadowstep. Why should all boons have the same range for their different effects? A change to their range would make a huge difference in their power and make it easier for Killers to snuff certain Boons while leaving other Boons more hidden.

    I would add one thing to the list: Ghostface add-on pass. Right now he only has 1 interesting add-on and that is his iridescent camera add-on. He should have some interesting add-ons to tweak and change his power and not just to buff his stats by X. Also, non meme-add on, literally unplayable.

    As a final nitpick: Change the first person moris to third person and give Trapper and Wraith an overhaul. Both of their moris are just no longer competitive and get outdone by every other Killer.

    I strongly disagree with a nerf to MD ring. Spirit has been significantly weakened, to the point you rarely see her anymore. If anyone is still having trouble against her they're just a bad survivor, regardless of the add-ons she's using.

  • I think Mikaela’s balance pass might be this midchapter, they typically do tweaks on new characters about three months after they’re released. So whatever they may or may not do to tweak Circle of Healing or Boons in general might be this PTB. My guess is they tone down CoH but who knows? 🤷‍♂️

    The devs also mentioned a while back that they had been tinkering with a Legion change, midchapters are a likely place to see that sort of thing since they have so much else going on in the full chapters with new killers. No idea if they’re actually still working on Legion or not but if they have been then this seems like about the time they might release it.

    Finally one of the devs asked in the forums a month or two ago if they should remove the opponents’ grades from the endgame scoring screen since they confuse a lot of players who think they’re used for matchmaking. The overwhelming reply was Yes, so hopefully they’re following up on that. If so that might be this midchapter, but it also might be next chapter depending on how long it takes to make that change. (They probably also have to decide for instance if they want to replace enemy Grades with something like a rough MMR indicator or just leave those symbols blank or replace them with something else entirely like the avatar icons of the characters, etc.)

  • @dugman said:

    I think Mikaela’s balance pass might be this midchapter, they typically do tweaks on new characters about three months after they’re released. So whatever they may or may not do to tweak Circle of Healing or Boons in general might be this PTB. My guess is they tone down CoH but who knows? 🤷‍♂️

    The devs also mentioned a while back that they had been tinkering with a Legion change, midchapters are a likely place to see that sort of thing since they have so much else going on in the full chapters with new killers. No idea if they’re actually still working on Legion or not but if they have been then this seems like about the time they might release it.

    Finally one of the devs asked in the forums a month or two ago if they should remove the opponents’ grades from the endgame scoring screen since they confuse a lot of players who think they’re used for matchmaking. The overwhelming reply was Yes, so hopefully they’re following up on that. If so that might be this midchapter, but it also might be next chapter depending on how long it takes to make that change. (They probably also have to decide for instance if they want to replace enemy Grades with something like a rough MMR indicator or just leave those symbols blank or replace them with something else entirely like the avatar icons of the characters, etc.)

    I'd like to see the Grades being hidden.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726862#Comment_2726862

    Legion doesn't get an 8 second stun for using his power to down then go for pickup

    Id say hes second worst, after twins

    Twins aren't even close to C-tier Killers like Pinhead or Myers, let alone Legion or Trapper.

    They are one of the strongest Killers in the game.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726862#Comment_2726862

    Very true. Needs full rework since any buffs would either not change anything or create a return of Old Legion

    Correct.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726862#Comment_2726862

    Very true. Needs full rework since any buffs would either not change anything or create a return of Old Legion

    This is the absolute last thing that should happen.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726890#Comment_2726890

    Twins aren't even close to C-tier Killers like Pinhead or Myers, let alone Legion or Trapper.

    They are one of the strongest Killers in the game.

    If they weren't super punishing to use id agree with you

    Oh you missed? 5 second stun enough time to kick the goblin

    Oh you hit a healthy survivor? 3 second wake up time

    Oh you downed a survivor? Have both the 5sec stun and the 3 sec wake up time

    Instaswitch upon a down AT LEAST would be nice

    Removal of the wake up time would be even better

    Best outcome is ai

  • That is a nice list...too bad nothing on there will happen.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    Knew it wasn't real when I read Legion buffs.

    Also hoping for resolution lock, stretched res is smol pp

  • Re-read the post...edited my comment accordingly. was my bad.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726960#Comment_2726960

    Re-read the post...edited my comment accordingly. was my bad.

    It happens, at least you didnt necro a years old thread

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726960#Comment_2726960

    Re-read the post...edited my comment accordingly. was my bad.

    I don't have a quote handy, but I'm pretty sure the Devs did say that Legion and Ghostface were going to get looked at next.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726962#Comment_2726962

    I don't have a quote handy, but I'm pretty sure the Devs did say that Legion and Ghostface were going to get looked at next.

    Indeed I have seen and heard the comment....they didn't say 2022 though. /lol /cry

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726862#Comment_2726862

    Trapper has slow start. You need to pick up your traps, you need to set them. After this, maybe you will not get any value from your traps, maybe you will.  

    But Legion? At least Legion has not slow start, you can use your power in start. You can injure survivors so fast. But after this, Legion is m1 killer. 

    So they both bad killers for sure but Trapper is more worse on my opinion.

    Sadly the QoL for Trapper wasn't enough because he still has a slow start like you said but once Survivors know it's a Trapper they never get caught in traps.

  • Just don't nerf pinhead anymore he is in a good place (I mean add-ons below purple are trash but that's w/e I guess since he doesn't need them).

  • Honestly I'm not really expecting anything good for the mid-chapter.

  • @DatFastBoi said:

    COH shouldn’t give you free self care, I’m okay with the stacking though

    Thats perhaps a good step to nerf Coh.

  • I saw somewhere that they were changing the wiggow mechanic to skill checks.

    Am i the only person in earth rn that likes quick time events?

    • Legion Rework, hopefully for the better.
    • Something done about the grind. It has to be reduced at least 20% imo.
    • Swamp rework. Even though I like this map, I'd like to see it being reworked next.
    • Make so COH doesn't stack with other healing perks and medkits.
    • Something done about this crappy matchmaking so I don't have to get more 10 hours megs on my lobby.
    • Freddy rework + buffs.
  • Shouldn’t we be getting the dev update log today??

  • Both excitted and dreadfull for potential Legion changes.

  • Finally they understood they can not balance game if they have 2 different groups. I am so excited for Solo-q Buffs. But sadly we have not so much info.


    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302821/developer-update-january-2022-part-1#latest

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Shouldn’t we be getting the dev update log today??

    First part of the Dev Update is out today yes, a short time ago in fact.

    And no there's no PTB tomorrow - that will be on Wednesday.

  • Was hoping for balance adjustments in the update. Bummer. Hope there’s quite a bit more for tomorrows Part Two.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Move my Piggy's roar a lil more towards the middle of an ambush instead of at the beginning. Maybe have her traps behave kinda like the trapper's, so that the first jigsaw search is unlikely to be the correct one, but each subsequent search has an increasing chance to be right. And how about 2-3% faster speed while crouched please.

    Yea, unfortunately from what I understand right now, each trap has an assigned box. So I've had games where I've used Video Tape and Rule No. 2 and within the first 30 seconds of the game one of the survivors had their trap off, because they happened to get lucky and spawn right next to their assigned box not even needing to see its' aura.