Who's the strongest killer for console or PC right now?

In patch 5.4.2, who's by far the strongest killer for PC or console?

Comments

  • PC: nurse

    Console: pretty sure its blight

  • Might expand the question to "who are the strongest" because the strongest is always Nurse. Ungodly hard to play, a god in chase.

  • PC: Nurse

    Console: I wanna say Artist

  • I'm currently learning Nurse on console and yeah, she is really strong, even though I'm a baby Nurse the survivors always respect me, outside of that (and I'm sure most people will disagree) but I find Clown to be the strongest, especially with his strongest add-ons

  • @conqueror_worm__ said:

    I'm currently learning Nurse on console and yeah, she is really strong, even though I'm a baby Nurse the survivors always respect me, outside of that (and I'm sure most people will disagree) but I find Clown to be the strongest, especially with his strongest add-ons

    Clowns can deny and shut down loops so effectively, but against a strong team he'll go down without his one tap pinky.

  • If we are talking base kit only. Then nurse for PC hands down, and then probably spirit or artist for console. Blight is strong, but without a mouse he really suffers in his power. Which can be compensated for slightly with high sensitivity on console, but its nowhere near the same.

    If we are talking with addons then probably Myers for both, being able to instant kill an entire team by just breathing on their neck like its a romantic evening is pretty OP.

  • PC: Nurse by a long shot

    Consoles: Whatever Killer doesn't need to be precise.... Myers, Pig, Wraith, Trapper, Doc, Hag... ETC

    It would be funny to see those stats though

  • @Yatol said:

    PC: nurse

    Console: pretty sure its blight

    I'd agree with this

  • The three top performing killers right now it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was;

    Nurse; PC

    Blight; Console

    Plague; Both

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    If we are talking base kit only. Then nurse for PC hands down, and then probably spirit or artist for console. Blight is strong, but without a mouse he really suffers in his power. Which can be compensated for slightly with high sensitivity on console, but its nowhere near the same.

    If we are talking with addons then probably Myers for both, being able to instant kill an entire team by just breathing on their neck like its a romantic evening is pretty OP.

    I assume you have not touched console dbd yet.

    Blight console is equal to PC. Techs and flicks are equally available.


    It is easier to use mouse then controller, since with mouse you use whole arm and on controller only thumb.


    controller is only in defect regarding sensitive aim adjustment such as huntress and trickster.

    Even that can be mastered.

    Could be even easier, if BHVR would decide and improve controller settings such as deadzones and acceleration.

  • PC: Nurse

    Console: Spirit

  • Spirit: All the good-ness of nurse with the difficulty of wraith

  • @Smuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723615#Comment_2723615

    I assume you have not touched console dbd yet.

    Blight console is equal to PC. Techs and flicks are equally available.

    It is easier to use mouse then controller, since with mouse you use whole arm and on controller only thumb.

    controller is only in defect regarding sensitive aim adjustment such as huntress and trickster.

    Even that can be mastered.

    Could be even easier, if BHVR would decide and improve controller settings such as deadzones and acceleration.

    I play on PS4 and PC sometimes, maybe its confirmation bias but Blight feels 10000% smoother to play on PC than he does on console.

    I'm also pretty positive that due to the fact of console sensitivity being wildly less than mouse sensitivity that a lot of techs are out of a console Blight's grip unless they are done perfectly. Like even trying to do the basic hug tech on console is a huge pain because of how slowly it takes you to look up and down even at 100% console sensitivity.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724152#Comment_2724152

    I play on PS4 and PC sometimes, maybe its confirmation bias but Blight feels 10000% smoother to play on PC than he does on console.

    I'm also pretty positive that due to the fact of console sensitivity being wildly less than mouse sensitivity that a lot of techs are out of a console Blight's grip unless they are done perfectly. Like even trying to do the basic hug tech on console is a huge pain because of how slowly it takes you to look up and down even at 100% console sensitivity.

    Im blight main console ps5. No issues with anything at all.

  • @Smuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724682#Comment_2724682

    Im blight main console ps5. No issues with anything at all.

    I'm not sure what to say then, maybe PS5 allows for higher sensitivity than the PS4.

  • I don't know about console, but Nurse is probably the best killer on PC assuming you can master her. (I personally hate Nurse's wheezes so I don't play her at all, but I totally get why she's effective.)

    Second place is probably Blight. Basically he's a killer that has great map traversal and who can use his ability for a bit of anti-loop and to catch up to fleeing survivors after a hit or a pallet break. It's hard to overestimate how useful excellent his movement is.

  • Nurse for both PC and console. You can still master her on controller/consoles even though you won’t reach the same skill ceiling as PC.

    as to which of the strongest killers don’t suffer as much when you directly compare M&K with Controller, I think Artist and Spirit. Blight and Nurse -while still very strong and capable on controller- do lose some of the flexibility of M&K controls.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    PC: Nurse

    Console: I wanna say Artist

    As a console nurse main i disagree.


    Nurse is not hard on console, its just a excuse alot of people use to not play her.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724152#Comment_2724152

    I play on PS4 and PC sometimes, maybe its confirmation bias but Blight feels 10000% smoother to play on PC than he does on console.

    I'm also pretty positive that due to the fact of console sensitivity being wildly less than mouse sensitivity that a lot of techs are out of a console Blight's grip unless they are done perfectly. Like even trying to do the basic hug tech on console is a huge pain because of how slowly it takes you to look up and down even at 100% console sensitivity.

    https://youtu.be/jhNbcrPPkek

    Can you notice any difference?

  • If you are asking if I can tell the difference then the camera movement seems too fast to be for the PS4. I didn't really see any advanced blight work though that would definitely prove one way or another. Just some basic hug techs, which is one of those things you can compensate for by having high sensitivity on console. The movements are choppier and not very smooth, so I presume its some sort of console, or at least controller play.

  • PC is Nurse and Blight on consoles. Seen some good blights on consoles too which can contest with most PC blights.

  • PC: Nurse

    Console: Technically Nurse but controller is really rough on her, so realistically Spirit and potentially Blight. Although blight on controller is also ugh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Still Nurse even on console.

    Definitely not a "pick up and play" killer, but her skill ceiling still exceeds that of any other killer, so that by default makes her the best, even if people don't want to learn her (which I don't blame people for since it's easy to become embarrassingly rusty with her). If you want the best ease-of-use to value ratio killer, I'd say Artist/Spirit.

    If controller had proper settings Nurse wouldn't even be considered hard on controller but what do I know as someone who's put thousands of hours into console FPS games and around 4k in DbD lmfao right what do I know...

    nurse feels fine, i think what really holds Nurse back is that you have to play her constantly. Her precise movements get rusty if you stop playing her, which is rougher on console. i wouldn't play her on last gen though, having to fight your console on top of fighting the nurse herself AND the survivors is just too much

    in my own experience, i only need a couple matches with double recharge to get back into the swing of things.

  • @Yatol said:

    PC: nurse

    Console: pretty sure its blight

    Console Blight? Not even in top 5.

    Strong console killers are: Spirit, Artist, Nemesis

  • Pc: Nurse

    Console: Nurse

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2726649#Comment_2726649

    If you are asking if I can tell the difference then the camera movement seems too fast to be for the PS4. I didn't really see any advanced blight work though that would definitely prove one way or another. Just some basic hug techs, which is one of those things you can compensate for by having high sensitivity on console. The movements are choppier and not very smooth, so I presume its some sort of console, or at least controller play.

    i was just wondering regarding sensitivity. It is essential for all blight plays. I dont record my matches, and the yt video was nothing to compare or boast with mumbo jumbo plays. Just as you said, how dbd feels for you. I havent played dbd on ps4, and this is on ps5

  • @conqueror_worm__ said:

    I'm currently learning Nurse on console and yeah, she is really strong, even though I'm a baby Nurse the survivors always respect me, outside of that (and I'm sure most people will disagree) but I find Clown to be the strongest, especially with his strongest add-ons

    All of the supposedly weaker killers have builds that can cheese their powers to the point where they can be as much of a threat as Spirit or Blight.

    With Clown, I've been running PWYF+NOED+STBFL+Rancor or Ruin or Blood Warden or some other anti-chase perk, plus whatever add-ons boost the effectiveness of his Hindered bottles. It's an endgame build. You spend the majority of the game getting stacks and destroying pallets, and by the time the gens are done, you're zipping around the map like Speedy Gonzalez, almost no cooldown on attacks, one-hit downs, pallets are gone, and survivors simply cannot escape you if you use your power right (Antidotes, too). And survivors are usually pretty cocky by this point because they don't see the strategy and think you were just playing badly all game, so they'll hurl themselves at the hook trying to get rescues. Rancor helps since you'll be ignoring your Obsession all game. Nemesis might work well with this also.

    On Michael, M&A+Ruin+Undying+Deadlock or NOED with Dead Rabbit and Vanity Mirror. You have essentially no terror radius, plus X-ray vision, but without the speed penalty of playing Scratched Mirror. Survivors will not see you coming, and you can easily get two hits in before they have time to run anywhere. Camping is also very effective since they won't hear you and you can watch the hook from behind a wall.

    On Legion, Undying+Ruin+Thana+Pentimento (used Deadlock before that) with addons that inflict Broken and Mangled. Good luck getting those gens done! I just 4Kd a game at Gideon's because they couldn't find Ruin, didn't heal, and didn't bother going after Pentimento when Undying was gone. Up to a 50% repair penalty with instant 200% gen regression means that keeping them off of a gen for one second costs them up to four seconds of repair time. It was a slow game, and doing gens had to be miserable. Also, Legion's power makes finding the hatch easier than any other killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So Deep Rock Galactic is free with PS Plus now...

    AND EVEN IT HAS A DEADZONE SLIDER. EVEN IT HAS A BETTER STICK FEEL (for the most part...it's got a dual zone setup similar to Overwatch but set to a higher stick deflection so it feels even better than Overwatch in a way). IT'S A 2 GB INDIE GAME. BHVR WHY DO YOU HATE CONTROLLER PLAYERS.

    ugh i can't anymore

    I play with a controller, and I do okay.

    There are a few killers who are difficult to use with a controller (Nemesis thanks to his tiny hitbox, even before considering the extra input lag when I'm playing on Stadia - he's unplayable on anything but keyboard on PC), but most of them do just fine.

  • Setting aside the fact that I passionately hate everything about Trickster with every single fiber of my being and wouldn't play him if you paid me money, what point are you trying to make here?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728855#Comment_2728855

    read the edit

    trickster is the best example there is because he's the closest we have to a FPS tracking-aim style experience in DbD, and as someone who loves and excels at that style of aim in other games (aim assist or no), trickster is an absolute nightmare to play because the controller code is so poor. if there is any code...I wouldn't be surprised if they're using the default engine values.

    Well, I'm not sure about Trickster, but Huntress is just fine with controller. So is Clown. Nemesis and Cenobite are the main ones I've had issues with.

    I don't know if autoaim would be a good thing for DBD overall, but I can see Nemesis getting a hitbox buff.

  • @BlighTown said:

    In patch 5.4.2, who's by far the strongest killer for PC or console?

    console probably spirit or artist, pc obviously nurse

  • Nurse for both.

    Console Nurse is harder to become decent with but she’s still arguably the strongest and will always be the strongest.

    People are confusing strength with how easy they are to play. In terms of ease to play that would be Spirit…for both