Anyone ever lost to the training AI?

Because, y'know, of all the postgame salt I've ever seen "how did you get a 4k you play like the training AI" is possibly the most hilarious.

Comments

  • I think my Solo Q teammates have.

    Or maybe the real teammates were the training AI's we met along the way.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    Because, y'know, of all the postgame salt I've ever seen "how did you get a 4k you play like the training AI" is possibly the most hilarious.

    It was a dark time. The gates were opened, when I heard a scream reverberating from behind me. I look back in terror and see Jake_Park on a sacrificial hook, The_Trapper coming to me with murder in his eyes. I weave past his attacks, and get Jake_Park off. My efforts to save myself, however were in vain, in my attempt to rescue the team I risked my life, a gamble that would not pay off. As The_Trapper picks me up, and throws me onto that hellish pedestal. I cry out for help, but all for nothing, as I watch as Jake_Park leaves, “No, I thought, this can’t be happening” Meg_Thomas makes an effort, but The_Trapper routed her out of the trial. I watch, hopelessly, as Claudette_Morrel gives me a pained look, and leaves the trial.

    A life so quickly and so easily reduced to a worthless husk.


    I died btw

  • The_Trapper feels no pity, nor remorse, nor hesitation, nor mindgames.

    He's an unstoppable machine.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    The_Trapper feels no pity, nor remorse, nor hesitation, nor mindgames.

    He's an unstoppable machine.

    what a killing machine

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    The_Trapper feels no pity, nor remorse, nor hesitation, nor mindgames.

    He's an unstoppable machine.

    They say once he learns how to actually lunge humanity as we know it will be doomed.

  • Part of me wants to change my Steam name to The_Trapper and play in default without lunging. In the post game they'll see my name and it'll be the ultimate mindgame.

    Especially if I took them down.

  • @Heartbound said:

    Part of me wants to change my Steam name to The_Trapper and play in default without lunging. In the post game they'll see my name and it'll be the ultimate mindgame.

    Especially if I took them down.

    I read that last line as “especially if I played clown” somehow

  • The training AI is worth losing to, at least once, just so you can marvel at the weird pathing and emergent behaviour BHVR put in - the Dwights actually T-Bag in a lot of my games, because of how they interact with some loops.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    The training AI is worth losing to, at least once, just so you can marvel at the weird pathing and emergent behaviour BHVR put in - the Dwights actually T-Bag in a lot of my games, because of how they interact with some loops.

    So that's where they all learned it from...

  • I play a lot of training rounds with the volume off, so I can fidget and streamline my thoughts during calls. It's led to some weird insights into their programming.

  • Ok... Confession time... I got..... Spun while do the tutorial as killer.

    After downing that jake, i just stood there, trying to understand what had happened.... The humanity of it all... The pain and despair.... The fear and hollowness that went through my body, like an electrical discharge.

    The shame was non ending.... Ever since i left my wife, haven't seen my kids... I bought a mountain cabin and roam in the forest, seeking absolution, seeking reason.... But as seasons pass so does my hope... I can still hear the whiff as i sleep... I pray only now.... For the sweet realese of death

  • I tried it pretty hard to get caught by the Tutorial-Trapper. First of all, it took some time until I was downed, because the Bot still kept missing.

    And when I was on the Hook, I almost died, because the Bot-Teammates did not come for the rescue.

  • @Heartbound said:

    Part of me wants to change my Steam name to The_Trapper and play in default without lunging. In the post game they'll see my name and it'll be the ultimate mindgame.

    Especially if I took them down.

    Literally faced someone like this before. Someone called Trapper_Bot_01 who never lunged, couldn't get spun, just held W, didn't use traps, vaulted every window etc. It was hilariously amazing and I loved it so much.

  • Not on PC, but on DbD Mobile I lost a game or two as killer against bots. DbD Mobile is great except that it is VERY hard to control the killer compared to PC! You move with your left thumb, turn the camera with your right thumb, and also attack and use abilities with your right thumb. But that means you can’t easily turn the camera and move and attack simultaneously, so unless a survivor is running in a straight line when they juke you either have to turn the camera to keep facing them and forgo attacking or attack but be facing the wrong direction. Plus there’s a lot of times I’ll be strafing but just suddenly turn the wrong direction because of how auto-aiming works.

    I really like DbD Mobile other than the controls on killer, I wish I could get past them. But as is it’s super frustrating chasing a survivor, knowing 100% I could easily down them on PC, and just be unable to do much on mobile.

  • I like to play the tutorial if I wanna try something, like seeing if I like my new key binding. Last time, I was trying new key binding.

    I opened the settings to change a key and I didn't hear The_Trapper was behind me. He downed me, he hooked me, right at the moment the bots finished the last generator.

    Pretty accurate as they left as soon as they opened the Exit Gates. I died. To The_Trapper.

    He's the Entity itself.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    I like to play the tutorial if I wanna try something, like seeing if I like my new key binding. Last time, I was trying new key binding.

    I opened the settings to change a key and I didn't hear The_Trapper was behind me. He downed me, he hooked me, right at the moment the bots finished the last generator.

    Pretty accurate as they left as soon as they opened the Exit Gates. I died. To The_Trapper.

    He's the Entity itself.

    Okay, follow-up question...

    What are you possibly rebinding?


    Survivor has 2 inputs aside from W, A, S, D, Spacebar, Ctrl & Shift; all of which are standard PC gaming controls.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I tried it pretty hard to get caught by the Tutorial-Trapper. First of all, it took some time until I was downed, because the Bot still kept missing.

    And when I was on the Hook, I almost died, because the Bot-Teammates did not come for the rescue.

    Guess they couldn't be BOThered to go for the save.

    *dodges tomatoes*