Killer is boring now - How i think it can get fixed
Before the updates over the year, i think killer is too ez and getting boring. Im both killer (Rank 1) and survivor (Rank 7~) main. (I have 1k+ hours ingame) When i play survivor, its hard to escape and only escape like 1 out of 3-5 matches. As killer, i get 4k 4 out of 5~ matches in rank 1. I dont think its balanced. Devs only listen to baby killers and buff killers. I know its hard to balance the game, but what i think will balance the game is:
NERFING: killers and survivors. Just nerf all killer a little bit and then fix gen rush, because gen rush is unbalanced (no ######### lul)
FIX BROKEN ADDONS: Instadown hatches at huntress and addons like that.
REWORK ADDONS: Many survivor addons need to get reworking. Addons like "High-End Sapphire Lens", "Odd Bulb" and "Intense Halogen" does nothing. Like Odd Bulb is a pink addon and do nothing? A brown battery is better lol
DEDICATED SERVERS: I know its super hard to add. Im a programmer, but i think its time to use some time and money to it. You devs have made the ingame shop and have make alot of money out of it. DBD have grown alot this year so i think you should do it to say thanks.
FIX WINDOWS: Okay. Medium(or known as slow vault) vault is broken. In the tuorial level i have tested a little bit and i have found out if you medium vault, you dont get as far if you fast vault. Thats why the killer can get broken hits at medium vaults.
PALLETS: (This can get better if your team get dedicated servers) Killers get hit throw the pallets, because of the peer to peer connection and the design of pallets. Before patch 2.0.0 (as im remember) there was the toxic vaccum, but now its gone. That means, if the killer hit and you drop the pallet without vaccum you can still get because before you teleported to the other side. The hitboxes touches and you get hit. Thats why pallets should get a big redesign or get a "half" vaccum. So you can drop it when your at the middel of the pallet. With that, you should have enougth destance so the survivor and killer hitboxes dont touch.
- FLASHLIGHT Its simple. After the patch 2.2.0 flashlight save kills more then save. Just decrease the flashlight timing when the killer is doing the pickup so its gonna blind a little bit faster when the killer pick someone up.
Any other ideas? I know the vaccum will get alot of baby killers to cry, but i think its the best and fair way to balance pallets. Not a full vaccum, and not no vaccum. The middel thing will be good.
I hope your team maybe just will think about some of the things
Keep up the good work!
"I think your team have done a pretty good job so far" i know dead meme lol
Comments
Not going to make a video but it's all about moving in irregular patterns, getting behind cover, and most importantly listening to her. The Huntress makes a pretty noticeable noise when she winds up so you know to start juking.
@AgentTalon How many hours do you have in the game lol? Insta down hatches is broken.
I play xbox my friend, everytime huntress has em, either I get tunneled or I win
How is it more broken to have 2-3 hatchets than a perma chainsaw? It's also a pink add-on, how often do you come across it? If it was a perk you would have a point but it isn't.
Are you really complaining about a lower tier killer and saying she needs a nerf? You have what 500+ hours I assume since you big boy chest bump with hours played. Maybe you should have used some of that play time to learn how to dodge?
@KingSavageGaming lol im playing against legacy players sometimes xD.
@alivebydeadight Salty or what? ######### they "nerfed swf" but they have nerfed solo survivors more then nerfed swf.
@AgentTalon The problem is the survivor dont have good pink addons like insta down like #########? Insta down is much more op then insta heal and now when they also nerfed BNP, i cant se a reason why not nerf the rest of the broken addons at killer. The killers also have pink mori, what pink offerings do survviors have? NO ONE (anymore).
You are totally right, they only have pink insta heals for add-ons. But they do have a perk they can use every...single....game to counter that instadown. I'll gladly trade 1hit hatchets to get rid of DS.
@AgentTalon But they also gonna nerf DS soon (maybe in this patch?) and what can the survivors do? Nothing. Maybe it will be more balanced if they did so you only had 1 or 2 hatches with that addon. Addons to add more will not add more with that addon, i think what will be better because 4 hatches instadown is really OP like the old insta hatches build.
To be fair, to have more than 2 hatchets you need to use multiple add-ons. I think using 2 limited use items is where the balance lies.
seems fitting.
Considering Huntress only has one Ultra Rare, I get an Iridescent Head on like every Bloodweb. It really isn't hard to sustain an infinite supply of them if you wanted to.
Dang at 41 I have only gotten 2 of them so for me they are still a rare item. Again though, that's less an issue of the add-on and more the RNG and bloodweb setup. I still have yet to play against it, granted I don't have the 500+ hours everyone else seems to.
If you haven't played against it why the hell are you commenting on it's balance?
Because I have played against the Huntress and a hatchet throw is a hatchet throw. I've been hit by 2-3 in total. If hatchets were sniper rifle speed with no windup this would be a problem but in my experience, it seems pretty easy to dodge a hatchet.
Just because the Huntress is bad doesn't mean the addon isn't brokenly strong. Technically a 5 blink Nurse is terrible if she can't hit her blinks.
I just don't think the hatchet add-on is actually broken due to the balance of fewer hatchets and the skill required to land shots. It's a strong build for sure but that's what pink add-ons do, make strong builds. I still have fun without them I just don't think it's broken.
Also, can you really build a 5 blink nurse? Player Nurse to level 8 and said "nope, not for me"
Yeah nurse with 5 blink is also broken, but i still think huntress with insta down hatches and the addon to add 3 more hatches is more broken.
Well rest easy I don't think there are many huntress mains out there.
Yes no doubt. Dedicated servers would help there a lot.
Many of true talents videos just shows people like this are incredibly stupid like his latest trapper video he traps perfectly ruin were up the entire game he did really good on all chases only 1 died and all gens were completed very fast from gen tapping the exploit people say is bad. It's straight up proof killer is still underpowered except for the nurse. Keep talking stupid ######### survivor main no real killer main thinks killer is easy and boring.
@ThirdSealOPplzNerf lol read my main comment on this. I sad "Fix gen rush and nerf all killers a LITTLE bit"
Its just huntress science, if they cant down someone with their hatchets, they will tunnel
Them fixing a gen under ruin doesn't mean they gen tap by the way.
@Dragonredking if survivors gen tap, its take 2-3 min to do a full gen alone. If all the survivors do that, the killer have too much time xD. Ez lose for the survivors.
End of the match true asked how did the do the gens so fast they said gen tapping.
don't bother with this one man
Scott, you act like you've NEVER missed a iri hatchet. Why the ######### you always have to white night for nerfs against killers, even against balanced ones? You want to nerf Pig too, maybe having extra helmet add ons just allows for too much sloppy play?
Do you actually believe if you took away iridescent heads that would be healthy and fine for all huntress players, just cuz you got 3 times as many hours playing period compared to most players? We get it, you're so good, everything is broken when YOU use it, and we all just need to play as well as you every single game you post to realize it.. ######### it bro, lets nerf the red claxbone add on for wraith too. Its atupid broken to come out of invisibility whenever you want without warning, and I have like 30 of them bitches. Don't lose at rank 1, plz nerf
What is this weird thing gamers have now where items that are in the game are suddenly taboo to use? How is it getting carried to use an item the developers put into the game to be used?
All these ultra-serious players out here make up these ROE and then freak out when someone else doesn't agree with their made up ideas. Seriously what is the point of making up rules and hindering yourself? If you want more of a challenge I get that but then why do you push your fake rules on other people?
No one is cheating/exploiting or anything like that by using any add-on or perk in the game, but when you talk about them on a forum, and all games have this type of player, you can basically see the sweat forming on the furrowed brow and a scowl come across their face as they type out their made up rules.
We get it you have hundreds and hundreds of hours to play a single game and get really good at it, but why would you ever tell anyone else to use your same rules? Do you also refuse to crouch in Steet Fighter, only use 2/3 of your gas pedal in Forza, or never reload in any FPS?
It's a serious question about why you feel so strongly about a game that will in a maximum of 2 years be uninstalled by literally everyone for another version or a sequel. Hell, I would like to know if you feel this way about games in general and if so why? I'm actually intensely interested in the psychology behind creating a false rule set in video games and then pushing that on others. It's very, very similar to how deeply religious people get upset when you don't live the same way they do. Seriously the parallels are very clear.
If several survivors gentap at the same gen it is a lot faster
@ThirdSealOPplzNerf Because stupid survivors do search for the totem and takes years lol. Maybe just live with the ruin and hit the skillchecks?
@AgentTalon Just stop ok? Many pink addons are too op or just broken. Like pink addons should be like the reworked wratih ones, not instadown? @Dr_doom_j2 have an iq over 10 and knows how whats broken and balanced. If you wonna learn a killer, just DONT bring addons! Play the killer without addons and when your good, you can use addons.
All I did was ask for more insight into the mentality of certain players and you seem to get upset. Since you appear to be in the camp of players who don't use everything at their disposal and work within user created rules can you explain your mentality?
For the record I'm not being rude I'm actually very interested in this as a psychology topic. I see it in every game I play and being that I fall into the old Sirlin Playing to Win thinking, I'm intrigued by players who seld hinder.
Most likely your issue is your pathing as a survivor, not pallets or medium vaults. Medium vaults are caused by not running at the correct angel for a period of time. Which survivors need to take into account when they are in a chase. Pallets again are based on pathing of the survivor, don’t take that extra loop if you don’t know you are going to be safe. Go watch some streamers to see how to correctly run a killer.
As for insta down hatchets you are able to dodge and block line of sight. Don’t be an easy target running in a straight line. Look behind you while you run. She only has a max of 3 hatchets if a huntress is running that add on. It’s a strong add on but not impossible to win. Vsed plenty on stream and lived. The only add ons I think are broken is Myers which straight up kill you. Though you can combat it by jumping over objects forcing a hit or jumping into a locker mid chase to force a grab out from it.
I do agree with your flashlight changes just because they are mainly a joke now. Having a faster blind would make it easier and more useful for saving.
@Entoan Buff survivors a little bit or nerf killers like hillbilly and nurse. I can reach rank 1 if i want but i dont want because rank 1=tunnel and camp lol. Im not saying to remove medium vaults or something like that? Im saying to fix so the survivors get a little bit more far away when medium vaulting, because you know you can hit a survivor trough a window when he stands right op at the other side right? Thats the problem. When medium vaulting you dont get as far as a fast vault after the animation. I have a video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llz3K-wjSNo Im not a noob and know how to dogde hatches but not ANY survivor can dogde every single hatchet if its a good huntress. I also know how to fakedrop a pallet and know how to drop it and not, but i not feeling good when i get that broken hits trough a pallet or broken medium vault. I dont have the problems, but i know alot of other survivors have when they drop pallets and dont know how to fast vault.
Wow.. you have a video showing how the vault is intended to work.. grats!!^^
He should never live this quote down. Honestly, telling your player base what amounts to, "######### off and go play another game" .
Of course I've missed Iridescent hatchets before. That's why you get 3. I'm sorry man there's just no justifying that it feels awful to be downed by an Iridescent Head as a Survivor. You really have to come at it from both sides or you won't be reasonable.
In my experience pink hatchets make the game harder because the moment I hit someone with it everyone else just plays crazy super immersed the rest of the game. Sure if they come out of hiding and give you a chase you're set. But damn it man, I'll run Whispers and Shadowborn and still not find these cockroaches. I'd rather just run with 8 hatchets because then I can miss a few and make them think I'm bad. Then POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER and on a hook.