Please don't be yet another anti-loop killer...

So yeah, uh, Ringu is the next chapter.

https://youtu.be/BcUJfHMuHrc

If it's another anti-loop no mobility killer I'm going to cry. Please just give us something different and fun. Give us another Blight idk.

Comments

  • I do not see the problem with "anti-looping". That term is just as funny to me as "gen-rushing". What is bad with a Killer who is just good at the thing Killers are supposed to be good at - chasing survivors? Also most Killers who are labled "anti-loop" are more like "loops different". Think about Pyramide Head right now: After they removed his ability to cancel his power into an M1 attack you can now abuse his slow turning rate and recovery time to loop him. Sure if you just vault windows he will down you but you are supposed to loop in a different way.

    Same with Artists. You can no longer just abuse the hell out of 1 tile and need to keep track of her birds. Her slowdown is a pretty good tell. You need to chain two tiles together to "loop" her (more like "8-her"). As such I am not bothered with this new Killer.

    Also she is not a problem for Spirit. Spirit is more like the Ghost from "The Grudge" and not from this series.


    I still hope for a Killer with a side objective and a teleportation / hallucination / timer power. Something like: Inflict survivors with a status and then they have a timer that ticks once outside her terror radius. Once the timer is full without them doing side-objective x they get exposed and you can teleport to them. Stepping inside your terror radius will stop the timer. Just a quick idea, nothing serious...

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698663#Comment_2698663

    Because the super mobile killers that already exist have bad 1v1...?

    No, but also I doubt they'd be interested in making a killer as complained about as Nurse or Spirit

  • @Gwinty said:

    I do not see the problem with "anti-looping". That term is just as funny to me as "gen-rushing". What is bad with a Killer who is just good at the thing Killers are supposed to be good at - chasing survivors? Also most Killers who are labled "anti-loop" are more like "loops different". Think about Pyramide Head right now: After they removed his ability to cancel his power into an M1 attack you can now abuse his slow turning rate and recovery time to loop him. Sure if you just vault windows he will down you but you are supposed to loop in a different way.

    Same with Artists. You can no longer just abuse the hell out of 1 tile and need to keep track of her birds. Her slowdown is a pretty good tell. You need to chain two tiles together to "loop" her (more like "8-her"). As such I am not bothered with this new Killer.

    Also she is not a problem for Spirit. Spirit is more like the Ghost from "The Grudge" and not from this series.

    I still hope for a Killer with a side objective and a teleportation / hallucination / timer power. Something like: Inflict survivors with a status and then they have a timer that ticks once outside her terror radius. Once the timer is full without them doing side-objective x they get exposed and you can teleport to them. Stepping inside your terror radius will stop the timer. Just a quick idea, nothing serious...

    The term anti-loop comes from their ability to counter looping, and in turn they then have very little ability to patrol the map. This leads to boring, short games as survivors have free reign over generators, and nobody is happy.

    Considering the previous years worth of killers have followed this Motto, and some before that too, it's getting very ######### boring and I really want something to switch up the game because there hasn't been anything new to me since Blight, over a year ago.

    Also you're very wrong about PH lmao he's absolutely incredibly strong regardless of the insta-cancel being gone.

    And your idea? Perfect. Hypermobile, forces survivors to do other things, probably needs a bit more fine tuning but also isn't the same boring ######### we've had for the past year.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697819#Comment_2697819

    She teleports places, calls people and tells them they have 7 days before they're dead, makes them hallucinate #########, before then

    https://media.tenor.com/images/4804778bd6a54b535b5839182eea83e6/tenor.gif

    Yeah

    I'm hoping it'll be a case of micromanaging different survivors from achieving secondary objectives, and if they don't achieve these objectives survivors cannot progress the game until they do (think active RBTs but they're actually threatening), something like a Death Timer that constantly ticks down unless you purify yourself with Rosemary

    I've never seen the film or read the book.

    basically doctor + nurse.

  • @Labrac said:

    The best thing is that they somehow managed to get the rights of the original Japanese story, instead of that garbage American adaptation. I'm hyped.

    me too

  • She is 100% antiloop killer. Last m1 killer was Ghostface 2,5 yrs ago.

    If she is m1 (0% chances) killers will cry all over the forums.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    She is 100% antiloop killer. Last m1 killer was Ghostface 2,5 yrs ago.

    If she is m1 (0% chances) killers will cry all over the forums.

    Please do not take us all for the same bunch. Killer player vary just as survivors are not one toxic entity who tbag at the gate or DC on the first down.

    I will not cry, I will hope for an interesting mechanic and get mad if the mechanic is not interesting. Does not have to be strong, has to be fun to play. Just like Pinhead: His chains are quit weak but fun to use and he has the feeling. Trickster would be the other end: No fun to play (for me) and no fun to face, that enrages me.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698675#Comment_2698675

    The term anti-loop comes from their ability to counter looping, and in turn they then have very little ability to patrol the map. This leads to boring, short games as survivors have free reign over generators, and nobody is happy.

    Considering the previous years worth of killers have followed this Motto, and some before that too, it's getting very ######### boring and I really want something to switch up the game because there hasn't been anything new to me since Blight, over a year ago.

    Also you're very wrong about PH lmao he's absolutely incredibly strong regardless of the insta-cancel being gone.

    And your idea? Perfect. Hypermobile, forces survivors to do other things, probably needs a bit more fine tuning but also isn't the same boring ######### we've had for the past year.

    Talking about Slinger, Huntress and most of all Trickster here I agree with you. Their design is just not fun with Trickster taking the cake. It became a joke for me and my friend(s) when we face one to show him that being a 110% killer with no mobility is just not fine...still poor Trickster-enjoyer out there, they are a bit left in the dust.

    I did not want to say that PH is weak. Just that you have to play differently against him and that it can be quit enjoyable to face one. Sure his "I tunnel you"-abilities are top of the bunch and I dislike them but his overall gameplay at loops is something I enjoy. He is a good A tier Killer in my opinion and should stay there.

    This leaves me wondering thou: Shouldn't you enjoy Pinhead at least a bit going by this logic?

    Sure his power is anti-looping but it is not that strong and he brings a secondary objective to the table that offers interesting interactions and even builds in a way no other Killer does so far.


    Thx, lets hope they do something cool with this chapter. I only hope for fun Killers to face, with fun of course being quit subjective.

  • @BadLooperQ said:

    I'm against another blight. Idk How to loop one on console to this date. It feels like every single Blight I'm against rushes always in a perfect way

    What does this have to do with console?


    You can do the same things on a controller as you can with MKY, especially on the survivor side.


    Some things MIGHT be harder but you can still do the exact same thing.


    As a console nurse main, i can say that.

  • Most licenced killers are ass, why should this be any different?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So yeah, uh, Ringu is the next chapter.

    https://youtu.be/BcUJfHMuHrc

    If it's another anti-loop no mobility killer I'm going to cry. Please just give us something different and fun. Give us another Blight idk.

    I doubt it will be a antiloop unless she is able to put wells between loops to bodyblock lol

    My bet:

    Wells around the map.

    You can be cursed and when you are cursed she will get benefit like aura reading (maybe with add ons)

    If you dont lift the curse you die after certain ammount of time.

    So a pig 2.0 basically.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    What powers does she have in the movies? I think she isn't a running type like the Blight, she seems like another teleporting killer.

    Pig with freddy power.She can teleport and kills you if certain time pass

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    She is 100% antiloop killer. Last m1 killer was Ghostface 2,5 yrs ago.

    If she is m1 (0% chances) killers will cry all over the forums.

    I'd hardly say Blight is an M1 killer, yet he doesn't fit the no mobility category and when they're not using the basic ######### build (ie. Ruin Undying Tinkerer PGTW w/ Alch Ring + Blighted Crow every single match) and exploiting they're actually incredibly fun to face

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300222/please-dont-be-yet-another-anti-loop-killer

    I doubt it will be a antiloop unless she is able to put wells between loops to bodyblock lol

    My bet:

    Wells around the map.

    You can be cursed and when you are cursed she will get benefit like aura reading (maybe with add ons)

    If you dont lift the curse you die after certain ammount of time.

    So a pig 2.0 basically.

    Honestly I'd absolutely take that

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Most licenced killers are ass, why should this be any different?

    As in fun or strength?

  • Well I prefer playing freddy somekind of antiloop is necesary on high mmr.Maybe putting wells on loop for bodyblocking lmfao

  • Strength is okay, but fun factor is not. At least for me. I know many love Nemesis and Pinhead but I really dont. Only bought him for perks.

    I really like Pyramid head though

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698741#Comment_2698741

    Well I prefer playing freddy somekind of antiloop is necesary on high mmr.Maybe putting wells on loop for bodyblocking lmfao

    Some type of anti-loop im fine with, just not when it's all they have (ie slinger Trickster artist etc). Not counting huntress because the lack of range limit means she has a lot more versatility.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698742#Comment_2698742

    Strength is okay, but fun factor is not. At least for me. I know many love Nemesis and Pinhead but I really dont. Only bought him for perks.

    I really like Pyramid head though

    I'm glad we're agreed on Dorito Man lol

    Out of all of the anti-loop no mobility he seems like the most fun imho but I know not everyone would agree with that

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698164#Comment_2698164

    Instead of built in solo-stomping I'd rather we have someone who is hyper hyper mobile for an absolutely fantastic 1v4 and then a piss poor 1v1

    Wraith comes right into my mind...and I hate Wraith alot.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698742#Comment_2698742

    Strength is okay, but fun factor is not. At least for me. I know many love Nemesis and Pinhead but I really dont. Only bought him for perks.

    I really like Pyramid head though

    I like both I find em fun to play and strong.Nemesis when tier 3 is crazy and pyramid is more like animation lock when he shines unless you also can predict movement of surv but both enhoy genrush SWF very easy.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I fully agree. Just don't create another killer who strong at looping so it encourages holding W.

    I'd love a mobility killer with stealth tbh.

    Devs killed the stealth killer idea with Boon Totems so unlucky mate. More anti loop medicine for you. Yummy!

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697827#Comment_2697827

    Devs killed the stealth killer idea with Boon Totems so unlucky mate. More anti loop medicine for you. Yummy!

    Let's be real, boons aren't the issue, it's literally just COH.

  • Every licensed killer has average or below average anti loop mechanics anyway. At least 1 licensed killer should have it.

  • @sadakiyo said:

    Every licensed killer has average or below average anti loop mechanics anyway. At least 1 licensed killer should have it.

    Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Bubba

  • Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be something to do with wells. Like maybe she can use the wells for transport. Then it's a matter of what her abilities are...she'll probably be close mixup between Pig and Ghostface where the survivors have other objectives that aren't televised and that gives her opportunities to kill survivors in her own way like Mikey or using some power/perk like Ghostface

  • ph and nemmy have average anti-loop mechanics and bubba is weak.

  • @sadakiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698763#Comment_2698763

    ph and nemmy have average anti-loop mechanics and bubba is weak.

    Lmfao tells me all I need to know

  • I can see them adding wells to the maps but not TVs. PLS give us the survivors with it and not another mikaela reid garbo

  • i meant to say that 1 licensed killer should have above average anti loop mechanics.

  • @sadakiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698770#Comment_2698770

    i meant to say that 1 licensed killer should have above average anti loop mechanics.

    And Pyramid Head and Nemesis have that, with Pyramid Head arguably better than Nemesis in this bracket. Bubba also has anti-loop, just in a different way. None of these killers are "weak" and they all have decent to amazing anti-loop capabilites.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697827#Comment_2697827

    Devs killed the stealth killer idea with Boon Totems so unlucky mate. More anti loop medicine for you. Yummy!

    Devs gave up on stealth killers before boons were released lol the last killer with an actual stealth ability was Ghostface. By the time this new chapter comes out that'll be just short of 3 years lol

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697819#Comment_2697819

    She teleports places, calls people and tells them they have 7 days before they're dead, makes them hallucinate #########, before then

    https://media.tenor.com/images/4804778bd6a54b535b5839182eea83e6/tenor.gif

    Yeah

    I'm hoping it'll be a case of micromanaging different survivors from achieving secondary objectives, and if they don't achieve these objectives survivors cannot progress the game until they do (think active RBTs but they're actually threatening), something like a Death Timer that constantly ticks down unless you purify yourself with Rosemary

    I've never seen the film or read the book.

    In the trailer the Pit appear as part of the map, so I really expect she to be an "alternative game" killer aswell,like Pig

  • @dugman said:

    Samara is an awesome looking character for DbD. I’m mainly wondering how they’ll differentiate her from Spirit and Nurse mechanically. Samara’s whole deal in the movies is more like a curse than directly attacking people. Watch her video and die 7 days later. Makes me wonder if they’ll have a curse type mechanism where she can mark a survivor somehow and after a set amount of time something bad happens?

    Either way I’m way more interested in this IP than I was Resident Evil or Silent Hill, so good stuff! 🙂

    They are using Sadako, from the novels and first films. She is more of a psych rather than a ghost,it seems

  • With the current loop strength/numbers killers need a way to deal with them to be even in consideration to be viable, then they also need mobility. These two things usually go hand in hand as going fast usually means you can deal with loops well ala Blight/Spirit.


    I'm not saying its not boring, because it is, but they need to fix the loop problems so killers without anti-loop can actually be viable. You're essentially asking for the new killer to be weaker than the recent ones, who already aren't exactly amazing.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698795#Comment_2698795

    And Pyramid Head and Nemesis have that, with Pyramid Head arguably better than Nemesis in this bracket. Bubba also has anti-loop, just in a different way. None of these killers are "weak" and they all have decent to amazing anti-loop capabilites.

    they don't because their timing is predictable especially if pallets belong to safe zones. What way? You can loop Bubba very easy because you can pre-drop pallet at worst or get back to a safe distance to run in circles.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    With the current loop strength/numbers killers need a way to deal with them to be even in consideration to be viable, then they also need mobility. These two things usually go hand in hand as going fast usually means you can deal with loops well ala Blight/Spirit.

    I'm not saying its not boring, because it is, but they need to fix the loop problems so killers without anti-loop can actually be viable. You're essentially asking for the new killer to be weaker than the recent ones, who already aren't exactly amazing.

    I literally said in my post to make them closer to blight instead of Slinger/Trickster um 😭😭

    There's a reason I included the no mobility part in the title

  • @sadakiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698799#Comment_2698799

    they don't because their timing is predictable especially if pallets belong to safe zones. What way? You can loop Bubba very easy because you can pre-drop pallet at worst or get back to a safe distance to run in circles.

    If you pre-drop pallets you're not looping them though, are you? You're pre-dropping

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698820#Comment_2698820

    If you pre-drop pallets you're not looping them though, are you? You're pre-dropping

    that's why i said "at worst".

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698819#Comment_2698819

    I literally said in my post to make them closer to blight instead of Slinger/Trickster um 😭😭

    There's a reason I included the no mobility part in the title

    A good blight shuts down a lot of loops, do you not consider him anti-loop? I also included him in my post as well. Do you just not want another ranged killer specifically?

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698822#Comment_2698822

    A good blight shuts down a lot of loops, do you not consider him anti-loop? I also included him in my post as well. Do you just not want another ranged killer specifically?

    I know that a good blight also shuts down loops um??

    I don't consider blight anti-loop no mobility. Because, you know, he has mobility.

    And no, not necessarily just ranged. Slinger is semi-ranged and I don't want another of him either. Nor do I want another Demo clone. I'd take another Blight because his anti-loop isn't his entire kit.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698838#Comment_2698838

    I know that a good blight also shuts down loops um??

    I don't consider blight anti-loop no mobility. Because, you know, he has mobility.

    And no, not necessarily just ranged. Slinger is semi-ranged and I don't want another of him either. Nor do I want another Demo clone. I'd take another Blight because his anti-loop isn't his entire kit.

    I'm not sure what you're asking for.

    Your title and OP make it seem like you just don't want anti-loop, which is a detriment to the killer. Yet your response makes it sound like you're fine with anti-loop as long as they're mobile or have something else. Yet you don't want another Demo, who has his portals in addition to his subpar anti-loop.

    Some clarification would be nice as you're not being exactly clear on what you're asking for. You just want a mobile killer?

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698844#Comment_2698844

    I'm not sure what you're asking for.

    Your title and OP make it seem like you just don't want anti-loop, which is a detriment to the killer. Yet your response makes it sound like you're fine with anti-loop as long as they're mobile or have something else. Yet you don't want another Demo, who has his portals in addition to his subpar anti-loop.

    Some clarification would be nice as you're not being exactly clear on what you're asking for. You just want a mobile killer?

    Okay then.

    When I say anti loop no mobility, I mean a killer who has the majority of their power be anti loop without mobility. I included Demo in the list due to the fact that about 2 people use his portals. If you wanted a different option, Pyramid Head clones.

    Does this help? When I say anti loop no mobility, please keep all four of those words together. Don't split them into two seperate categories, because that is how you manage to completely misunderstand everything I'm saying.

    I don't give a ######### if the killer has anti loop provided it isn't all their kit has. As I've said many times so far already. I've used Blight as an example of a killer I enioy facing the majority of the time. Spirit I honestly don't mind anymore. Nurse is amazing when I see her. I don't care if they have anti loop, so long as they have mobility too.

    Though if it's exclusively hypermobile I wouldn't complain, but they wouldn't be top tier like that because BHVR have decided to bring back incredibly strong tiles and masusveky encourage hold w pre drop don't stop and suffer.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So yeah, uh, Ringu is the next chapter.

    https://youtu.be/BcUJfHMuHrc

    If it's another anti-loop no mobility killer I'm going to cry. Please just give us something different and fun. Give us another Blight idk.

    It would be best if they introduce a killer who can create one moving illusion or clone with terror radius and zero damage. Will be a devious-centric killer.

    Or may be a killer with limited flying ability, but this concept may be too OP.

  • @Ruma said:

    Also it says its releasing in march..

    Does this mean we get health chapters?

    No.

  • Why is it bad for killers to have anti-loop?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Why is it bad for killers to have anti-loop?

    Nobody seems to understand that when I mention a Blight Clone as a killer I'd like to see that I don't mean nothing but mobility.

    Pure anti loop. Hence why no mobility is in the title of the thread.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698881#Comment_2698881

    Nobody seems to understand that when I mention a Blight Clone as a killer I'd like to see that I don't mean nothing but mobility.

    Pure anti loop. Hence why no mobility is in the title of the thread.

    It's not in the title. This is all it says: "PLEASE DON'T BE YET ANOTHER ANTI-LOOP KILLER...". If it was meant to be more, it didn't come through.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698864#Comment_2698864

    Okay then.

    When I say anti loop no mobility, I mean a killer who has the majority of their power be anti loop without mobility. I included Demo in the list due to the fact that about 2 people use his portals. If you wanted a different option, Pyramid Head clones.

    Does this help? When I say anti loop no mobility, please keep all four of those words together. Don't split them into two seperate categories, because that is how you manage to completely misunderstand everything I'm saying.

    I don't give a ######### if the killer has anti loop provided it isn't all their kit has. As I've said many times so far already. I've used Blight as an example of a killer I enioy facing the majority of the time. Spirit I honestly don't mind anymore. Nurse is amazing when I see her. I don't care if they have anti loop, so long as they have mobility too.

    Though if it's exclusively hypermobile I wouldn't complain, but they wouldn't be top tier like that because BHVR have decided to bring back incredibly strong tiles and masusveky encourage hold w pre drop don't stop and suffer.

    Ok gotcha. You were being more specific than in a usual conversation.

    What I got was: "please don't be another anti-loop killer" "I don't want another Anti-loop no mobility killer", ok so you don't want anti-loop and don't want no mobility, so all that's left is mobility, a time sink like Pig boxes or Pinhead box, illusions like Freddy and Doc, or something brand new. Having anti-loop specifically listed twice also made it seem like you were really against it.

    Whereas what you meant was "I don't want another killer who is specifically both anti-loop but is also not mobile and that's it. But anti-loop is fine as long as they are mobile/interesting." Just a little bit of extra info would have gone a long way.


    Now that that's cleared up, yes I agree with your sentiment, I also don't want another Slinger or Trickster. Something more spicy would be appreciated (and hopefully viable).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698864#Comment_2698864

    Okay then.

    When I say anti loop no mobility, I mean a killer who has the majority of their power be anti loop without mobility. I included Demo in the list due to the fact that about 2 people use his portals. If you wanted a different option, Pyramid Head clones.

    Does this help? When I say anti loop no mobility, please keep all four of those words together. Don't split them into two seperate categories, because that is how you manage to completely misunderstand everything I'm saying.

    I don't give a ######### if the killer has anti loop provided it isn't all their kit has. As I've said many times so far already. I've used Blight as an example of a killer I enioy facing the majority of the time. Spirit I honestly don't mind anymore. Nurse is amazing when I see her. I don't care if they have anti loop, so long as they have mobility too.

    Though if it's exclusively hypermobile I wouldn't complain, but they wouldn't be top tier like that because BHVR have decided to bring back incredibly strong tiles and masusveky encourage hold w pre drop don't stop and suffer.

    I think the major two aspects that i want in a killer power is ability to counter shift-W gameplay styles and the ability to hit survivors in at god pallets/safe loops in timely manner. The downfall of many killers is that most of the time, their anti-loop only covers one aspect of the chase and it takes too long.

    Artist and Demo are great examples of this. They can shutdown tilesets, but they're so hopeless at shutting hold-w strategies that Demo games might as well be Demopallet eater games who is so slow at breaking pallets that survivors always get next tile thus losing until you break every pallet on the map.

    That's why everyone loves blight. you can use hug techs to utilize his power at loops and get hits between tilesets given full interaction of the chase start to finish. If only other killers were as interactive to play as blight.

    My aspirations is that if a killer has no mobility, they should at least acquire base-kit Instant down capacity. there hasn't been any base-kit instant down releases for very long time. maybe this killer could be one.

  • regardless of what any of us wants, the power is already done and at this point its not gonna change drastically or get overhauled anyway

1 2 3