Block the killer
Hello, I come to push a rant because I'm tired of people coming to block me as a killer, I explain myself, I have a person in my arms and the others come to block my path, door or the sacrifice, it is impossible for me to put the person on the ground, the DBD team must do something against her, it is not legitimate to play like her. thank you👿
Comments
Bodyblocking?
Use StarStruck?
There are perks to counter/punish this Survivor behaviour.
Format: Perk Name (which killer they come from)
In order of effectiveness (most to least):
Starstruck (Trickster)
Mad Grit (Legion)
Agitation (Trapper)
Iron Grasp (Generic)
Forced Penance (Executioner)
One time I had 3 ppl affected by FP, I ended up 4king because they couldnt heal.
nice.
Just to make sure - you know you can drop a surv? I didn´t know that a long time... its O on PS4 and on PC R
Oui BodyBlocking
Yes i know
Survivors bodyblocking the hook is annoying but it's part of the game. Either get better at quickly hitting them and forcing them to run or bring Mad Grit.
I don't agree it's not part of the game, all the people who block I report them. if it was part of the game we could not report them
Downside to dropping a player is that they gain a chunk of wiggle each time you drop them. So it's better to just hold on to them than dropping
You can report all what you want - it only doesn´t matter. It is part of the game. A good team will try to block you long enough that their teammate can escape. That is a tactic.
There are killer perks to counter that a bit. You seem new - you first should learn what perks are available.
And really good teams are just annoying as f. And there are situations you can´t do anything as killer.
It is, though. They are taking hits to delay you hooking their teammate, to the point where they wriggle off. It’s really that simple and can be anticipated.
Your reports are only clogging up support. Bodyblocking reports are only valid when it completely shuts down the game (that is, unable to move) for one or more players for an extended period of time, or even indefinitely. EGC blocking is also fair game.
This game is a killer trying to kill survivors - and survivors trying to escape a killer who wants to kill them.
By any means necessary. So reporting seems a little off.
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think survivors should be able to body block the hook. Especially since the killer also can't body block the hook anymore.
Well that's embarassing. Next-
then the game contradicts itself, in the report section there is bodyblocking
It's very legitimate, you get bloodpoints for it, emblem points for it, there's challenges and achievements based around it, there's perks made to help with it and to counter it.
Ah you see, there are two different types of bodyblocking.
Bodyblocking for a survivor, be it to allow them to wiggle off or to take a hit, is perfectly allowed. There's even an in-game score event "Protection hit". Bodyblocking a survivor in a corner and preventing them from moving, be it done by another survivor or a killer, is a bannable offence provided it arises before the Endgame Collapse triggers, as this is considered as "Holding the game hostage".
Here's a comment from mod @Rizzo90 on the topic:
(Hyperlink)
Body blocking is legit so no point reporting.
The perks to counter it have been listed so I won't, but their is nothing wrong with just smacking people who are body blocking. You spread a lot of damage for free and the survivors there are not working on gens so its free pressure for you.
Now with boons, spreading damage gets reset really quickly so you need to be mindful of where folks are running after the hit If they do manage to wiggle off you can quickly get them again or perhaps one of the blockers down and get that hook.
You've spread a lot of damage across multiple survivors and still got a hook in the end so the outcome is not that bad and usually it costs the survivors more than the killer.
Before you pick up any survivor know which hook you are going to take them to and the other hook you are going to take them to if that first one gets sabo'd/blocked.
Sometimes its good to face a hook everyobne lines up to block and then you spin around and go to another hook while survivors flail around you trying to get into a good body block position.
Map awareness counters body blocking to a large extent.
so read you if I understand correctly if 3 other people come over me all the time to block me around me while I have their colleagues in my hands, it's normal
it's really pitiful
If I body block you as a killer you can report me cause you're stuck in a corner.
you can just hit them lmao or drop the survivor it isn't rocket science
it's impossible to put it down because the other three are blocking you
To hear you speak you want to play her unfairly, it's normal that the community is so toxic
You absolutely can drop the survivor- you can always walk backwards, you know that right? You aren't limited to only move in the direction your camera is facing.
Also bodyblocking isn't unfair nor is it toxic, it's a registered and valid way of playing the video game with perks to support and counter it. The community isn't toxic for thinking it's okay, you just need to adapt lmao.
Toxic is calling someone slurs in endgame chat and telling them to commit unalive. Bodyblocking is not toxic.
Omg, what is this thread? Where is my popcorn?
i knew showing you chinchillas would pay off in the end
Yes
laughs in Starstruck
Body Blocking the hook is a legitimate tactic. The body blocking that is reportable is when a killer blocks a survivor in a corner or a room with one entry and wont move, preventing the survivor from doing anything for an extended period of time. Survivors can be reported for this as well, though they can only do it to each other and not to the killer.
Bodyblocking is fine and it forces survivors to not be time efficient. I don’t see an issue with it.
They should add cheating, hacking and using slurs because I still get those and they don't get banned.
Equip Starstruck and voila. No more problems.
Bruh just drop them.
And B on Xbox iirc
It's on the list so
Yeah they really should rename that to "immobilizing/taking hostage" for killer or "sandbagging teammates" for survivor.
I feel like "Hostage bodyblocking" could work, or change the non-bannable offence to "Protection bodyblocking"
To be honest, I want the Survivors to do that. Sometimes I'll run to a hook that literally just became unoccupied in an attempt to trick the Survivors into taking a hit.
Granted, the main reason I do that is because Agitation is just about a permanent fixture on my build for every killer but still. Assuming you don't actually lose the hook, body blocking can give you tons of pressure.