Least favorite map for playing killer?
The killer I play the most is Michael Myers, and as Michael I loathe the Coldwind maps. So much corn blindness makes it tough to tier up.
What about you guys?
The killer I play the most is Michael Myers, and as Michael I loathe the Coldwind maps. So much corn blindness makes it tough to tier up.
What about you guys?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I second both of you ^^^ Corn is survivor lifeblood and the swamp is an infinite maze of hidey holes and jungle gyms. Best pick 3 and hope for the best.
There are so many bad maps for killer… it's hard to choose just one.^^
Swamp is bad, because of all the elevated gens, imho.
But my least favorite is the Father Campbells Chapel.
Not because of how it plays. it plays pretty good actually. But because of what it could of been.
Every time I go tho that lame little clown caravan i think "this could have been a twisted state fair, or something unique, not another nurse map.
Gideon Meat Plant.
I don't like it with Piggy (although it should be ok with her), it's a pain with Huntress, and the only other killer I play regularly is Spirit. And it's a pain with her too.
Have played it with Hag a few times, and had very easy games - lots of dark, unobvious places to trap that survivors like to run through.
Haddonfield, no doubt
As someone who suffer from corn-o-vision, Rotten Fields is particularly bad for me.
When i play Nurse Lerys Memorial Institute makes me want to cry. I will take Rotten Fields all day every day if it meant i didn't have to play Lerys as Nurse. When playing killer in general i hate Badham Preschool the most.
The Swamp by a significant margin, though I hate it as both a survivor and a killer. Not only is it a complete eyesore, but every map there is a bit of a maze for everyone. Just not fun to play in.
coldwind/family residence farm
For me it just depends on the survivor's play styles. In general, I'd say the swamp is pretty bad. What I hate worse than the swamp is maps with infinites right in the middle and every survivor in the trial runs straight to it. You already know the survivor is running straight to the infinite. That just makes the match automatically terrible for me. I don't blame the survivors for knowing how to use the map's mechanics to their advantage, but it sure does make the trial suck for killer.
thats my favorite as both survivor an killer
My least favored map is The Game, without the perk spirit fury those pallets are gonna eat your ass
Any swamp.
Haddonfield.
Forest.
Most of these are for frame reasons.
As Killer, I really do hate the swamp, like most of you.
Yeah, I'm going to throw my hat in with cold wind farm. Back when I mained hag, I didn't mind it so much, but since I mostly play with Doctor and Myers now, I can't stand it. As Hag, I could just abandon the chase when a trap set off if someone was juking me out hard in the cornfield, but when I'm a different I feel more pressure to commit. I know the tricks, aim your camera slightly down to the ground, don't lunge and just tap, etc. but 360 jukes in that damn cornfield are still hard to deal with.
My second most hated would be the pre-school. It's like Haddonfield, except bigger. Every time I get this map the first words that come out of my mouth are "Well I'm right #########" I actually think the pre-school is more difficult than the cornfield, but the cornfield beats it in terms of sheer annoyance and frustration.
My third would be Yamoakas estate, because YOU CAN'T ######### SEE ANYONE. It is so easy to lose people mid chase. If your eyes misjudge the direction of the scratch marks for a split second, they've up and urban evaded into the wind.
My fourth would be Crotus Prenn. It's full of pallets and the double story loop in the large center building gives me PTSD.
Some maps that a lot of killers hate that I don't mind so much would Autohaven, Macmillans, and Backwater Swamp.
I actually hate the meat plant as the nurse, because i constantly blink to the floor below my target.
BLOOD LODGE!
Coldwind farm
Aka pallet city
Every single map.
I used to hate Yamaoka estate, but now it's pretty much just the swamp. Although, I got a funny kill yesterday near the gen on the dock thingy. As billy i charged up my chainsaw and heard a surv jump down around some barrels I couldn't see past, I immediately jumped off the side and completed the chainsaw charge, making me start the sprint mid-air right into the surv. Must have looked pretty crazy to them.
Backwater Swamp is such a bad map. Just get rid of it.
The Game. Mostly because of those damn stairs and it being 2 levels. Kinda screwed up my Ritual of the Jaws, too.
Used to be slightly traumatized by Yamaoka estate because that's where I had my first run in with gen rushers. I barely got through with the first chase, and hook, and the other 3 were ready to leave.
Also: is there any killer that is generally stronger in Haddonfield?
I know some killers are great with the confined indoor maps, but I tend to struggle in haddonfield with just about every killer.
I dislike playing on the Lerys Memorial Institute, The Game and The Swamp as killer and survivor, while I don't mind playing on Haddonfield as a survivor, if I get that map when I'm the killer I just make a cup of tea and hope the survivors have escaped when I get back.
(Billy Main)
Anything with Corn or Reeds, hell even the horrible Bamboo shoots in the new map. Sure you eventually get better at seeing past them but its still so damn tough and killers like Myers get robed of their power.
that map when a hex is on it is hell back then and hell right now
if i see someone burning grammas cookbook i want to hurt them
same, but just think about it, hex ruin 3 on that map is annoying as hell to find
true but sfw squads just gentap
tapping intensifies-detective tapp
how come noone ever uses him though i hardly see him and he has some pretty good perks
he has 2 good perks, tenacity and stake out
i dislike maps with "infinites" on them, where the survivors can loop you for ages. examples for that being: suffocation pit, coal tower or springwood. there is obviously more, but i wont list them all here.
honestla, im a big fan of smaller maps (non city maps), as the trapper is kinda good on these (wreckers yard)
My least favorite map is the family residence as i might as well be playing blindfolded when im there .
My favorite one is the gideon meat plant because its a lot easier to see in that map as killer.
The new map. I can't see diddly.
The new Grim Pantry. Claustrophobic, hard to find Survivors, gens in buildings are tough to get to before the Survs screw off, it has three cancerous loops (jungle gym in the corner, the pantry, and the shack), and it's all around unfun to play as any Killer, ESPECIALLY Nurse and Huntress.
Have fun with the Nurse on Rotten Fields. For me it's the ONLY map I struggle with sd the Nurse. Even Lery's unblinkable parts are now fixed.