Solo's do you have faith in survivor?

Do you have faith that you can depend on your team to live?

Personally i have no faith in survivor and there have been more than a number of times throughout the years (especially the last year) where people will let you down either because they're bad or you get one hooked at the end after playing so well but bc your team is so bad the killer always leaves you and targets the weak links ie the rest of the team and leaves you for last which is why i like number 5 listed below so much.

1: You run Kindred often or quite often

2: You run Kindred with Open Handed because you have that little faith

3: You run Left Behind (with a key)

4: You use/run Bond often

5: You run Deliverance/Descisive (and Unbreakable)

6: You use Unbreakable pretty often

7: You leave a lobby with two of the same survivors with the exact same outfit (looks too sketchy and the game can go really bad)

8: You run no support perks most of the time ie Borrowed Time and We'll Make It

9: You made up your mind at some point in the match that your not dying for this team so you abandon every plan lol and focus on 50/50 end game

Do you have faith in survivor thats not swf, how do you feel about this?

Comments

  • I've had faith in my team twice. Two times my team's actually really came through for me, stepped up and prevented me from getting hooked. Other than that, no, I don't have faith. I've never left a lobby though. I don't know, I feel like it's bad luck or something.

  • I assume when I am playing Solo that I will die as I just kind of expect incompetent teammates. Then I can at least be pleasantly surprised when I get one or two (or...dare I dream....THREE) good to great teammates.

    It's why I run Bond on most of my builds and Kindred on every build; I just assume the team is going to be incompetent so I need to have the information perks to help me make the best decisions.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I assume when I am playing Solo that I will die as I just kind of expect incompetent teammates. Then I can at least be pleasantly surprised when I get one or two (or...dare I dream....THREE) good to great teammates.

    It's why I run Bond on most of my builds and Kindred on every build; I just assume the team is going to be incompetent so I need to have the information perks to help me make the best decisions.

    I hear ya. The worst thing that can happen though is that your team is so incompitent that they let you get 2 hooked or even 1 hooked with Kindred. I had a game once where my team let me get one hooked and i had Kindred....After that game i didnt que back up for another 2 minutes or so and smh while contemplating and questioning in my head lol. I couldnt believe the team i was playing on was THAT bad!

  • @Edilibs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2665114#Comment_2665114

    I hear ya. The worst thing that can happen though is that your team is so incompitent that they let you get 2 hooked or even 1 hooked with Kindred. I had a game once where my team let me get one hooked and i had Kindred....After that game i didnt que back up for another 2 minutes or so and smh while contemplating and questioning in my head lol. I couldnt believe the team i was playing on was THAT bad!

    Absolutely it can be a double edged sword (not in terms of me getting to use it but getting it to sit there and watch my incompetent team be super incompetent).

    I can try to give them information but you can't fix stoopid

  • Well, I've been playing this game long enough as both killer and survivor that I stopped caring about meta perks at all in January 2020. At best I'd run an exhaustion perk, and most often this would be Sprintburst(especially since Dead Hard sucked back then, either it didnt work at all, worked 50/50 and very rarely worked every time). I'd only really use meta perks if I had a left-over perkslot or if it was necessary for a specific build I had in mind(or archives needed specific perks to get done as quickly as possible, like DH and BT for safe unhooking, DS for stuns etc).

    I always go into a game with the expectation that 1 survivor is an m1 andy, 1 survivor is an urban evader and 1 survivor is a self-carer and the game falls upon me to be in chase as long as possible. It's been relatively rare to have multiple of each being in the same game, and those games I wish I ran Self-Care or Kindred, but more often than not, I could rely somewhat on the team to be consistently mediocre.

    I still hold these expectations to this day, and it's been slightly better and slightly more consistent reliable players, but the amount of times I've seen people stare at me being on the hook while the killer is long gone, then come for the unhook as soon as the killer decides to check on me, not going through with the unhook(note, them being hooked 0 times and someone else with second stage being on the other side of the map) is quite ridiculous.

  • I've always played solo. I feel like 90% of the time I get found first by the killer so by necessity I've gotten good at the role. I can run perkless or whatever but I do like having Dead Hard for my chases and a way to heal so I don't have to depend on a team. It's just me vs the killer. The other three people are point nodes I pull off hooks for altruism.

    To be honest though I'm not invested in the trial unless I'm doing a rift challenge where I need to get a specific thing done. On first hook I tab out and watch the game with my mouse over the DbD icon until I see someone unhook me. If the killer is sitting on the hook then I'll Dead Hard and find a pallet/window/die.

    That's it. That's the game. I can do very well but I have no emotional investment in the trials. I do get mad though if I'm trying to find a glyph and the killer won't go chase someone else.

  • I play a lot of solo queue, and I guess I have a weird answer. I have faith if MMR matches me with players around my MMR. But it doesn't do that half the time, and in those cases I have zero faith whatsoever.

    I dodge lobbies when queues are quick and I see default cosmetics and can't see their hours. I've been burned way too many times since SBMM launched. If it looks like a fresh account, it usually is. To many lobbies with me (~3500 hrs), a 1000 hr player, and two people who literally bought the game a week ago.

    I pretty much always have some combination of Kindred/Deliverance/Unbreakable. DS is pretty pointless anymore. I also use Windows Of Opportunity a lot because banking on a pallet being there and being wrong can make or break you.

  • I play only solo and my team is always good, or at least around my level.

    So yea, I can count of them to do the best thing given circumstances, most of the time. Especially after MMR which made my survivor games pretty easy

  • From the day I started playing DBD, back in 2018, until I left the Fog earlier this year, most of my Survivor experience was solo. And yes, I did have faith in my teammates.

    Solo Queue is definitely not as bad as most people say. Yes, it has its bad moments:

    image.png

    But this doesn't happen every single trial.

  • The way today's going, nope.

    6games in and I'm the only 1 to do a gen... like what are they doing all game ffs 🤣

  • Nope. Because every single time I go in with a positive mindset that my team will actually do anything I am let down big time.

    Yesterday I spent my evening doing only soloQ. Out of all my matches (about 15) we managed to complete gens twice.

    Like, I can’t even tell you. The worst feeling in this game is when you feel accomplished for running the killer (especially the ones who know what they are doing) only to go down and see nobody doing anything. Either running around OR crouching. Then the worst part is you assume they have to be lower grade. Only to find out they are not.

    This is exactly why when people say “we need to buff solo” I have to chuckle because in my mind I am thinking by what giving them a second brain?

    The highlight of my night was a Hillbilly who downed two of them at the same time at the start of the match. Comes to me next, run him for what seemed like an eternity, while they all reset. Still, no gens fixed, they bothered to run away and heal only to go down seconds later.

    I really think people should start recording their matches in solo because they are unbelievably some of them.

  • No, I run:

    • Woo, so I know what pallets my team have used already (and to avoid dead zones and save brain power)
    • Self-Care, because I only rely on myself when it comes to healing (and I get more charges from my medkit)

    My two other perks still only benefit my own survival, I just don't use them because I don't trust my teammates. I almost never use perks that help my teammates lmao

  • It's hard to have faith in a solo lobby but for most part I find solo's easy of late. Of course you still see the urban evader or the walking SB user from time to time but for most part I have had decent lobbies. I had 2 feng's yesterday refuse to let me die, unhooking me while being camped by demo and taking hits to the gate......Just love when the team comes together to overcome.

  • Is the MMR not based on escapes now? Surely i don't even bother anymore to risk the search for the NOED hex and just leave the game. Basement camping hag / bubba? Sorry, i don't care.

  • I can't ever have faith in solo lobbies during the day because survivors seem like they don't even know what gens are in the game.

  • @Edilibs said:

    Do you have faith that you can depend on your team to live?

    Personally i have no faith in survivor and there have been more than a number of times throughout the years (especially the last year) where people will let you down either because they're bad or you get one hooked at the end after playing so well but bc your team is so bad the killer always leaves you and targets the weak links ie the rest of the team and leaves you for last which is why i like number 5 listed below so much.

    1: You run Kindred often or quite often

    2: You run Kindred with Open Handed because you have that little faith

    3: You run Left Behind (with a key)

    4: You use/run Bond often

    5: You run Deliverance/Descisive (and Unbreakable)

    6: You use Unbreakable pretty often

    7: You leave a lobby with two of the same survivors with the exact same outfit (looks too sketchy and the game can go really bad)

    8: You run no support perks most of the time ie Borrowed Time and We'll Make It

    9: You made up your mind at some point in the match that your not dying for this team so you abandon every plan lol and focus on 50/50 end game

    Do you have faith in survivor thats not swf, how do you feel about this?

    No I’m the type of player that will have a gate 99ed and go and try to save my random teammate and die in the process. What I get as my teammates are the players that refuse to help me out. I had a game against nemesis where he just went for me and the Chris and he died first. I’m loop him the best I can all game on death hook. The Kate as not been hooked and yun Jin lee got hooked once. I dead hard into them while they were working on a gen so they can take a hit but they just hide. I know your not supposed to bring the killer towards someone working on a gen but I’m on death hook and you haven’t been injured all game, Take a hit please. Solo que is horrible

  • The way I play a solo match largely depends on my team. Running Kindred as a solo just frustrates me because you see how useless some of your teammates are. I don't have faith in survivors but it does feel good when a team all comes together to save someone and get them out.

  • Not really. At this point I have just grown so accustomed to bad teammates, and it doesn't really faze me anymore. I jus slap on kindred every game and hope for the best.

  • I do as most of my teammates aren't potatoe sacks