Open question to everybody

You see, i always said that teabagging is not neceseraly toxic. it is just a way to get the killer worked up so that he gets distracted and lose his focus. and i allways thought that camping and tunneling wasnt toxic either. it is bloody unfair and unsporty and in terms of points a shot in your own knee. But not toxic. what i allways considerd to be toxic is teebagging at the exitgate and kebabingbing (hittting a hooked or downed surviver). The thing is though for something to be toxic it needs a toxic intention, like "look at me im great and you are garbage" when teabagging or kebabing. And i allways considerd that to be the case most of the time. that was until i saw somebady teabagging a... wait for it... Zombie. "What the heck? why would you teabag a Zombie?" was my reaction. And it made me thinking: What do you actualy think or what is your actual intention when being toxic (exit gate and kebab only)? is it more like a ritual, basicly saying goodbye or are you just hooked for some extra points? Or maybe you are just legit being "you are crap i am awsome" kind of p erson. What is it that makes you twerk?

Comments

  • Doubt people do Tbags to catch killer's attention purely as a distraction. Go join any random SWF lobbies comms and they're likely to be entitled survivor mains. A circle jerk on insulting killers.

    Sure maybe there's a good survivor out there but it's very rare. Like one in a hundred.

  • A big clue is that a lot of people won't leave until the timer runs out or the killer gets over to them.

  • I only tbag my teammates, either in the solo queue greeting dance (it's mandatory) or to ask them for something/thank them.

    Players who tbag zombies are just doing it for fun. When the killer is involved, it's harder to say and comes down to the person doing it, but I'll assume it's hostile/taunting by default. Exit gate bagging is always a taunt, unless there have been previous friendly interactions with the killer.

  • Tbaggers are usually halo fanboys reliving their glory days in this game its more of a distraction to the killer at one exit gate while your other teams pull off a rescue and open the other one.

  • @Myla said:

    Doubt people do Tbags to catch killer's attention purely as a distraction. Go join any random SWF lobbies comms and they're likely to be entitled survivor mains. A circle jerk on insulting killers.

    Sure maybe there's a good survivor out there but it's very rare. Like one in a hundred.

    I've actually done this before once, to try and get a killer away from the player they were tunneling. (They were downed, otherwise I would have just gotten in the way.) Didn't work, they just hit me and went back to pick up the slug.

    It really depends on context. If you have a three gen and a player is tbagging you while circling off towards a jungle gym, they want you to chase them and they're trying to taunt you away from your strategic position. If they're stopping to tbag after throwing a pallet, they're just a brat.

    I suspect a lot of the players who say they use it as a psychological tactic aren't being perfectly honest. From the way they use it, it's likely a bit of both.

  • I've t-bagged to thank my teammates/the killer.

    And I'll teabag the hell out of a teammate who won't move out of the way of the exit gate switch when the killer is coming, which surprisingly, does not help.

  • I do it to wind people up, because it will normally throw people off their game. As for the exit gates twerks, I just like being antagonistic, but in good fun. DBD is just a game to me, so I don’t get mad at anyone who hits me on hook or t-bags anywhere, so I hope people move on from it as well.


  • @GuyFawx said:

    Tbaggers are usually halo fanboys reliving their glory days in this game its more of a distraction to the killer at one exit gate while your other teams pull off a rescue and open the other one.

    That would be tue if they would go as soon as they see others leaving. but they dont.

  • @TruEternity said:

    I do it to wind people up, because it will normally throw people off their game. As for the exit gates twerks, I just like being antagonistic, but in good fun. DBD is just a game to me, so I don’t get mad at anyone who hits me on hook or t-bags anywhere, so I hope people move on from it as well.

    So, you think it's fine to be an ######### because it doesn't bother you?

    Do you really not see the problem with "I know this will upset people but I think it shouldn't, so I'm going to upset them"?

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    You see, i always said that teabagging is not neceseraly toxic. it is just a way to get the killer worked up so that he gets distracted and lose his focus. and i allways thought that camping and tunneling wasnt toxic either. it is bloody unfair and unsporty and in terms of points a shot in your own knee. But not toxic. what i allways considerd to be toxic is teebagging at the exitgate and kebabingbing (hittting a hooked or downed surviver). The thing is though for something to be toxic it needs a toxic intention, like "look at me im great and you are garbage" when teabagging or kebabing. And i allways considerd that to be the case most of the time. that was until i saw somebady teabagging a... wait for it... Zombie. "What the heck? why would you teabag a Zombie?" was my reaction. And it made me thinking: What do you actualy think or what is your actual intention when being toxic (exit gate and kebab only)? is it more like a ritual, basicly saying goodbye or are you just hooked for some extra points? Or maybe you are just legit being "you are crap i am awsome" kind of p erson. What is it that makes you twerk?

    T-bagging each other: greetings.

    T-bagging while injured (to another survivor): pls heal

    T-bagging the killer: "I don't need distance, I need to be cheeky"

    T-bagging the physical manifestation of killer powers: "I'm dumb."/"mercy please."

    T-Bagging Victor specifically: "I've chosen death."


    Edit:

    T-bagging/pointing at a hook: "I must go, my people need me."/ "you've earned this."

    T-bagging a mori'd survivor's corpse/getting in frame: "Photobomb/"Hah, sucker!"/"Mori me Next!"

    T-bagging while flying: "Screw the rules, I have hacks."

    T-bagging Ghostface (@TeabaggingGhostface) : see above.

    T-bagging Pig: "Haha, trappeth go snappeth"/ "boop the snoot"/ "REEEEEEEEEEE"

  • @TruEternity said:

    I do it to wind people up, because it will normally throw people off their game. As for the exit gates twerks, I just like being antagonistic, but in good fun. DBD is just a game to me, so I don’t get mad at anyone who hits me on hook or t-bags anywhere, so I hope people move on from it as well.

    also, as far as I see it, the first slap on hook (if it's consistent) is to stop the annoying screaming in the killer's ears. the second's to be toxic.

  • @TruEternity said:

    I do it to wind people up, because it will normally throw people off their game. As for the exit gates twerks, I just like being antagonistic, but in good fun. DBD is just a game to me, so I don’t get mad at anyone who hits me on hook or t-bags anywhere, so I hope people move on from it as well.

    It may just be good fun to you, but it's extremely disrespectful to other players. Just a game? Yes. But a joke is just a joke that can be funny to some but extremely offensive to others. Do you get what I mean?

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296878/open-question-to-everybody

    T-bagging each other: greetings.

    T-bagging while injured (to another survivor): pls heal

    T-bagging the killer: "I don't need distance, I need to be cheeky"

    T-bagging the physical manifestation of killer powers: "I'm dumb."/"mercy please."

    T-Bagging Victor specifically: "I've chosen death."

    ok, that was actualy funny.

    but t bagging for a heal allways looks like very agrresive begging.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664326#Comment_2664326

    That would be tue if they would go as soon as they see others leaving. but they dont.

    sounds like you'd like blood warden.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296878/open-question-to-everybody

    T-bagging each other: greetings.

    T-bagging while injured (to another survivor): pls heal

    T-bagging the killer: "I don't need distance, I need to be cheeky"

    T-bagging the physical manifestation of killer powers: "I'm dumb."/"mercy please."

    T-Bagging Victor specifically: "I've chosen death."

    Ok, that was acualy funny.

    but t bagging for a heal allways seems like very aggressiv begging.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664338#Comment_2664338

    It may just be good fun to you, but it's extremely disrespectful to other players. Just a game? Yes. But a joke is just a joke that can be funny to some but extremely offensive to others. Do you get what I mean?

    Every joke is offensive to somebody if you want to see it that way.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664377#Comment_2664377

    Ok, that was acualy funny.

    but t bagging for a heal allways seems like very aggressiv begging.

    :)

    I do agree about the healing thing. if it's done more like a greeting, it could also be "let me heal you!" if an injured survivor keeps running away.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664393#Comment_2664393

    Every joke is offensive to somebody if you want to see it that way.

    I'm just saying, there's some things you just don't joke about, because it's disrespectful. I was just trying to put into a comparison you might understand better than, "It's jus a game."

  • actualy i do not. im not a big fan of perks that basicly have a one time/short time/both use. and blood warden isnt even both, it also depends on the situation.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664426#Comment_2664426

    I'm just saying, there's some things you just don't joke about, because it's disrespectful. I was just trying to put into a comparison you might understand better than, "It's jus a game."

    yeah, but teabagging at the exitgate is basicly throwing over the monopoly board, even though you won. that is not disrespectfull in my eys.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664430#Comment_2664430

    yeah, but teabagging at the exitgate is basicly throwing over the monopoly board, even though you won. that is not disrespectfull in my eys.

    Hm...I guess to you and me teabagging means different things. To me, when someone teabags me, it's like a "######### you," not a mini-tantrum.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664430#Comment_2664430

    yeah, but teabagging at the exitgate is basicly throwing over the monopoly board, even though you won. that is not disrespectfull in my eys.

    What people seem to consistently miss is that "I don't think it's disrespectful/toxic" doesn't matter if enough people do. Then you're ignoring that it is bothering people, and you're just digging yourself deeper by insisting that it shouldn't matter. Because it does.

    And insisting that this tiny addition to your own fun is worth knowingly antagonising people is purely selfish.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664422#Comment_2664422

    actualy i do not. im not a big fan of perks that basicly have a one time/short time/both use. and blood warden isnt even both, it also depends on the situation.

    I was being snarky.

    sorry, that was vague.


    fun story: I had a myers match where I was trying out "infinite instakill" Myers. I only got T-3 at the very end, and I mori'd a T-bagging survivor who couldn't leave out of the gates fast enough. the animation ended with their body tossed out of the gates, which was pretty funny.

    fun story 2: see above, but I was playing nemesis and I had been on the ropes (the gates were open and I had 5 or 6 evenly spread hook states), and everyone was coming for the save, so I camped a little. after getting saved (I left the hook because camping is boring), they T-bagged at the entrance to the exit gate doorway area (where the door is) and they DS-baited me... forgetting they were on second hook and I brought a mori. their teammates were good sports about it, and I apologized for camping.

  • I have t-bagged a zombie before and i will do it again

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664377#Comment_2664377

    Ok, that was acualy funny.

    but t bagging for a heal allways seems like very aggressiv begging.

    oh, also, I added to my original post. there are some more examples now.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I have t-bagged a zombie before and i will do it again

    I've attacked a dead cowboy.

  • I booped zombie horse Maurice it's snoot... without permision

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664433#Comment_2664433

    Hm...I guess to you and me teabagging means different things. To me, when someone teabags me, it's like a "######### you," not a mini-tantrum.

    Its allwas a ######### you when people try to expres theire made up awsomeness. but most of those ######### yous are just pathetic.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I have t-bagged a zombie before and i will do it again

    but why? they cannot be offended, respond or have any expression because of it. they have literly and metaphoricaly no mind!

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664435#Comment_2664435

    Its allwas a ######### you when people try to expres theire made up awsomeness. but most of those ######### yous are just pathetic.

    If they're pathetic, why do them at all?

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664433#Comment_2664433

    What people seem to consistently miss is that "I don't think it's disrespectful/toxic" doesn't matter if enough people do. Then you're ignoring that it is bothering people, and you're just digging yourself deeper by insisting that it shouldn't matter. Because it does.

    And insisting that this tiny addition to your own fun is worth knowingly antagonising people is purely selfish.

    Well, i agree with you (ha, didnt saw that coming, did you?) but one thing is actualy funny.

    with your several pewople argument you basicly helped me won an argument i had the other day. the premise was: if one man does something stupid, it is stupid if enopugh do it and/or it has been done for long enough, it becaumes a tradition. the subject in question was christmas.

    P.S. i just want to make sure you know that i dont t bag in anny situation and never will.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664441#Comment_2664441

    but why? they cannot be offended, respond or have any expression because of it. they have literly and metaphoricaly no mind!

    For exactly that reason. I'm not offending anyone and might give a chuckle to a player if they see it.

    I never t-bag actual players. Just zombies. If zombies were controlled by players i'd stop. It's not funny anymore then

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664441#Comment_2664441

    but why? they cannot be offended, respond or have any expression because of it. they have literly and metaphoricaly no mind!

    they're philosophical zombies.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664432#Comment_2664432

    I was being snarky.

    sorry, that was vague.

    fun story: I had a myers match where I was trying out "infinite instakill" Myers. I only got T-3 at the very end, and I mori'd a T-bagging survivor who couldn't leave out of the gates fast enough. the animation ended with their body tossed out of the gates, which was pretty funny.

    fun story 2: see above, but I was playing nemesis and I had been on the ropes (the gates were open and I had 5 or 6 evenly spread hook states), and everyone was coming for the save, so I camped a little. after getting saved (I left the hook because camping is boring), they T-bagged at the entrance to the exit gate doorway area (where the door is) and they DS-baited me... forgetting they were on second hook and I brought a mori. their teammates were good sports about it, and I apologized for camping.

    then im sure you agree with me on the camping topic. it is not neceserily toxic, but very unsporty and you actualy dont want to do it.

    #

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664439#Comment_2664439

    then im sure you agree with me on the camping topic. it is not neceserily toxic, but very unsporty and you actualy dont want to do it.

    #

    yep.

    facecamping -> boring and unfun for everyone.

    getting in the way when a swf swarms for the unhook -> totally fine.

  • In moments like this i allways refere to a very special Einstein quote: "Only two things are infinite, universe and human stupidity, and im not sure with the universe."

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664459#Comment_2664459

    For exactly that reason. I'm not offending anyone and might give a chuckle to a player if they see it.

    I never t-bag actual players. Just zombies. If zombies were controlled by players i'd stop. It's not funny anymore then

    Thats like being an anti #########, but im pretty sur AI revelution will kill you first. ;)

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664483#Comment_2664483

    yep.

    facecamping -> boring and unfun for everyone.

    getting in the way when a swf swarms for the unhook -> totally fine.

    yeah, but afterwords i allways feel dirty. even against sweaty toxic swf groups.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664487#Comment_2664487

    yeah, but afterwords i allways feel dirty. even against sweaty toxic swf groups.

    eh, don't sweat it.

    if you just know someone's coming for the save, then it's fine. just don't hit on hook or have a staring contest, and honestly, I wouldn't sweat it.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664460#Comment_2664460

    In moments like this i allways refere to a very special Einstein quote: "Only two things are infinite, universe and human stupidity, and im not sure with the universe."

    You are a headscratcher. Not the quote. You. Just thought I'd clarify in case you got confused.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664490#Comment_2664490

    You are a headscratcher. Not the quote. You. Just thought I'd clarify in case you got confused.

    I think Mav was agreeing with you.

    maybe I'm missing something, though.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664506#Comment_2664506

    I think Mav was agreeing with you.

    maybe I'm missing something, though.

    Oh okay, I'm just confused, hence the head scratching haha.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664490#Comment_2664490

    You are a headscratcher. Not the quote. You. Just thought I'd clarify in case you got confused.

    I am confused now. not by who mis a headscratcher, but... what? why?

    yes i was agreeing with you XD

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664506#Comment_2664506

    I think Mav was agreeing with you.

    maybe I'm missing something, though.

    you know, i ######### love it when people get the maverick thing and just call me mav. it great, thank you

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664478#Comment_2664478

    Thats like being an anti #########, but im pretty sur AI revelution will kill you first. ;)

    It would be well deserved

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664338#Comment_2664338

    It may just be good fun to you, but it's extremely disrespectful to other players. Just a game? Yes. But a joke is just a joke that can be funny to some but extremely offensive to others. Do you get what I mean?

    I do, but this isn’t real life. Making an off color joke to someone’s face is a whole lot different than crouching in a video game. People who find anything in this game offensive need to reevaluate their life priorities. That may sound cruel and dismissive, and it is to a degree, but it still is just a video game, if you find someone spamming cntrl in front of you a personal attack, you may need to grow up just a little bit.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664338#Comment_2664338

    So, you think it's fine to be an ######### because it doesn't bother you?

    Do you really not see the problem with "I know this will upset people but I think it shouldn't, so I'm going to upset them"?

    No, because I’m a functioning adult who knows that it’s just a video game, and has no impact on real life. If you’ve ever played sports, guess what? There’s a whole lotta trash talk.


    If you find crouching in a VIDEO GAME somehow a problem, I suggest you grow up, and realize it doesn’t affect you in the real world.

  • @MauriceMaverick said:

    You see, i always said that teabagging is not neceseraly toxic. it is just a way to get the killer worked up so that he gets distracted and lose his focus. and i allways thought that camping and tunneling wasnt toxic either. it is bloody unfair and unsporty and in terms of points a shot in your own knee. But not toxic. what i allways considerd to be toxic is teebagging at the exitgate and kebabingbing (hittting a hooked or downed surviver). The thing is though for something to be toxic it needs a toxic intention, like "look at me im great and you are garbage" when teabagging or kebabing. And i allways considerd that to be the case most of the time. that was until i saw somebady teabagging a... wait for it... Zombie. "What the heck? why would you teabag a Zombie?" was my reaction. And it made me thinking: What do you actualy think or what is your actual intention when being toxic (exit gate and kebab only)? is it more like a ritual, basicly saying goodbye or are you just hooked for some extra points? Or maybe you are just legit being "you are crap i am awsome" kind of p erson. What is it that makes you twerk?

    Woof, where do I start with this one?

    No.

    Taunting the other side to break their focus is toxic. You are deliberately going out of your way to make another player unhappy in the hopes that they play worse. That is a 'toxic intent'. By this logic, yelling slurs at someone to disconcert them before a tourney is fine.

    Some playful trash-talk between rivals is one thing, but teabagging strangers has always been commonly accepted as extremely BM.

    Sigh, maybe it's because I'm old and grew up playing sports and participating in martial arts - but this sort of 'trash talk' is mostly something you see on TV. In actual sports, a few 'characters' excepted, it's something that gets you benched or even fined.

    This may be the fuddy-duddiest thing I've ever said, but this ridiculously solipsistic generation needs to stop trying to justify being jerks and just...stop being jerks.

    PS: Killers hitting survivors right after hook isn't generally a BM, it's to cut the annoying, ear-splitting scream SFX off.

  • @TruEternity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664374#Comment_2664374

    No, because I’m a functioning adult who knows that it’s just a video game, and has no impact on real life. If you’ve ever played sports, guess what? There’s a whole lotta trash talk.

    If you find crouching in a VIDEO GAME somehow a problem, I suggest you grow up, and realize it doesn’t affect you in the real world.

    You're shifting the responsibility for your behaviour onto everyone you play with because of how you think they should be reacting. But you obviously know that it will get these responses and it's entirely within your power to stop--it's not like teabagging gains you anything.

    Why, exactly, is doing something that you know gets to other people acceptable behaviour? You're not operating from a position of innocent ignorance.

‹ 1 2