is No Way Out overrated?

I noticed that some content creators or some people maybe in general start to run this perk a lot like a new meta.

In my opinion I don't think this perk is that good compare to full heavy slowdown meta. I mean it is better to have perks that help you prevent to get to the situation where you lost all gens instead.

I just personaly feel builds like pop / ruin / undying / tinkerer / etc. are just more usefull. Don't get me wrong that perk is strong but I don't think it is THAT strong as some people say or recomend it is.

Comments

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I noticed that some content creators or some people maybe in general start to run this perk a lot like a new meta.

    In my opinion I don't think this perk is that good compare to full heavy slowdown meta. I mean it is better to have perks that help you prevent to get to the situation where you lost all gens instead.

    I just personaly feel builds like pop / ruin / undying / tinkerer / etc. are just more usefull. Don't get me wrong that perk is strong but I don't think it is THAT strong as some people say or recomend it is.

    Right now gens fly even if you have regression cause CI doesn't last forever, ruin gets cleansed 5 secs into the match and you rarely ever get a chance to use pgtw vs a good swf

    So yes in other words blood warden and nwo are becoming meta perks slowly

  • yep. The new meta is. The game is shorter then the endgame :)

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295999/is-no-way-out-overrated

    Right now gens fly even if you have regression cause CI doesn't last forever, ruin gets cleansed 5 secs into the match and you rarely ever get a chance to use pgtw vs a good swf

    So yes in other words blood warden and nwo are becoming meta perks slowly

    Quite a stretch that you say that you dont really get to use PGTW but then say that No Way Out becomes meta, when their requirements are the same: Getting Hooks.

  • Meta seems to be moving to more guaranteed slowdown like NWO or Deadlock

  • Don't know about how meta it is but i do know that for me at least having an excitting end game is more fun then having a slog with gens

  • NWO is great. Pop feels like a placebo after the timer nerf and how fast survivors can undo the regression, and Ruin even with Undying rarely lasts more than 2 minutes, so having 1 minute of guaranteed slowdown, especially at the endgame where survivors are at their weakest due to having spend most pallets, is great. It's a perk that consistently scores me kills and even 4ks.

  • Nah. It might get you one extra down at most. If you kick 3 gens with Pop all match you'll have gained more, and you require less hooks to do that than charge up NWO. It's nice but I don't ever see it being meta defining.

    It's also a very win-more perk. If NWO triggers with 4 survivors alive you might get 1 kill from it that you probably could have got regardless. If it triggers with 1 survivor alive it's just a death sentence, but at that point you probably won't need it except with super bad gate spawns.

  • Easily turns a 0k into a 1k or more

    Can easily turn a 2k into a 4k

    Guaranteed 4k if you close the hatch

    It's easy to see why it's considered good.

    Wont do you much good when you get crunched so hard that you have 0 hooks but in those cases, no amount of slowdown would have helped you either.

  • Extremely overrated. Rarely have I ever had a match where NWO actually made any significant difference on the game. I even watched the videos youtubers made as examples of how strong it supposedly is and it did nearly nothing in those videos. So many much placebo effect going on.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I noticed that some content creators or some people maybe in general start to run this perk a lot like a new meta.

    In my opinion I don't think this perk is that good compare to full heavy slowdown meta. I mean it is better to have perks that help you prevent to get to the situation where you lost all gens instead.

    I just personaly feel builds like pop / ruin / undying / tinkerer / etc. are just more usefull. Don't get me wrong that perk is strong but I don't think it is THAT strong as some people say or recomend it is.

    It's...yeah. The only content creator I've seen running it a lot is Otz, and that has to do with his 'streak' videos, I think - as it can often let you turn a 2k into a 3k.

    I'm not a fan of it. It feels like, if I need it, I've probably already lost.

    That said, paired with Bitter Murmurs and NOED, it can be quite lethal - but at that point, you're putting all your eggs into the endgame basket.

    Personally, I've started leaning away from regression completely on M2/power killers and only use Surge/Jolt on M1 killers. Ruin tends to get cleansed early in maybe 50% of games (I prioritize consistently) and Pop etc. often wind up taking too long. I have more luck with pressure/aggression and info now.

  • No Way Out is great if you prefer a gen block build that some content creators have been using. For example:

    - Corrupt Intervention

    - Thrilling Tremors

    - Deadlock

    - No Way Out

  • Potentially a little overrated, but it's certainly not bad- it's definitely the best endgame perk, and it can give you some room to close in on the remaining players if you've been doing well enough to not have everyone alive and nobody on death hook by the time it activates.

    I've slapped it on my Clown and Demo builds a lot recently, and I have noticed it do some work.

  • No Way Out gives you more time to find survivors up to the end game. With the current meat ie boons Hexes not only get taken out but turns into something advategous for survivors. No Way Out and Hex: No One Escapes Death is a good combination.

    I would say sometimes its good to run Corrupt/Pop/NWO/NOED

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653114#Comment_2653114

    Quite a stretch that you say that you dont really get to use PGTW but then say that No Way Out becomes meta, when their requirements are the same: Getting Hooks.

    Incorrect pop has a second requirement you must find a gen within the time limit and kick it when you vs a swf you are either constantly chasing or you don't have the precious time to waste to do all that

    So no they don't have all the same requisites

  • The meta has changed and slowdown>regression. Buying more time is superior to trying to win some battle of attrition via slowdown. Killers can't win that way anymore. This is why pure slowdown perks like dead lock, corrupt, NWO etc are becoming popular. They cannot be negated like regression and will always do their thing passively, without needing much of any input from you. Personally, I'm iffy on NWO since I'd prefer the game NOT get to them opening gates, but, I see the use of it.


    I think it's a tad overrated but not by much.

  • @Remedicist said:

    No Way Out is great if you prefer a gen block build that some content creators have been using. For example:

    - Corrupt Intervention

    - Thrilling Tremors

    - Deadlock

    - No Way Out

    Tremors with deadlock has negative synergy where many many times your deadlock is going to be entirely negated by your tremors since it appears to supercede deadlock in any activation. I used deadlock+tremors a while back and ended up removing it when I noticed deadlock seems to always be eaten by tremors, sometimes losing you half or all of your deadlock timer.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653566#Comment_2653566

    Tremors with deadlock has negative synergy where many many times your deadlock is going to be entirely negated by your tremors since it appears to supercede deadlock in any activation. I used deadlock+tremors a while back and ended up removing it when I noticed deadlock seems to always be eaten by tremors, sometimes losing you half or all of your deadlock timer.

    That's true. If it happens at the wrong time, it can negate the effect. This feels like something the devs should fix in a sense where deadlock keeps its duration during the thrilling tremors activation.

  • I am actually considering running NWO on Plague. I only need two perks for the entire game and it's Corrupt and Thana. I'm thinking of focusing the last half of my build to just finish the job. I believe that's the mentality on people running this perk, If you did well before the EGC then NWO just helps you snag one or two more kill and if there's like two survivors left that's devastating.

  • NWO is passive like corrupt intervention and deadlocked is. Hexes get cleansed far to fast and easily these days that passive perks like these is what's slowly becoming the new meta.

  • @Remedicist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653631#Comment_2653631

    That's true. If it happens at the wrong time, it can negate the effect. This feels like something the devs should fix in a sense where deadlock keeps its duration during the thrilling tremors activation.

    Any 'gen block' perk, I've found, has the possibility of backfiring horribly, where you have multiple gens pop in very quick succession in the mid/late game.

    CI is strong, but savvy groups now either do totems or hide and wait it out.

    This is why I like playing killer. Everything you do has a risk/reward aspect and some counterplay.

  • No, it's not overrated.

    No Way Out is one of the only good endgame perks that's not NOED and it allows you to actually have a decent endgame provided you get all the stacks. It adds 60 seconds onto opening a gate, that's not to be scoffed at.

    It also grants you so much freedom in the endgame if survivors are occupied, as long as NWO remains inactive, YOU are in control - you know the gates aren't being opened and that they can't be opened. So if you have someone on the hook for example and NWO remains off, you can basically camp them to death for free and get an extra kill or two.

    "But brokenbones, I don't wanna get to endgame - I wanna end the game with as many gens remaining as possible"

    That's your prerogative and playstyle - you're entitled to it.

    You can run 4 slowdowns if you want but we all know 4 slowdowns sometimes isn't enough because you lost ruin/undying super quick or maybe you can't get to the gens to use pop in time.

    (Also running 4 gen defense perks is incredibly boring but that's just imo, run what you like!)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653114#Comment_2653114

    Quite a stretch that you say that you dont really get to use PGTW but then say that No Way Out becomes meta, when their requirements are the same: Getting Hooks.

    A gen usually gets popped right before you get to the gen with Pop.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653262#Comment_2653262

    A gen usually gets popped right before you get to the gen with Pop.

    Yes. Of course. This is what USUALLY happens.

    Sigh.

  • I was running it before it was cool. It is a strong perk and will net you some extra kills if you did well enough in the match or if you pair it certain killers or perks.

  • As someone mentioned earlier in this post that end game can sometimes feel longer than the rest of the game in which I believe no way out is a very strong perk. A minute isn't going to stall people off gates for too long but will afford you many chances for chases. As well as give you very valuable information when someone touches a gate, people should be dropping ruin from their builds and using this perk instead of getting their ruin knocked out in the first minute of the match.

  • i personally don't like it, it feels like a catalyst, if you lose, it will not have an impact at all because 4 survivors can just play around it in some ways and if you already win you will just win harder. If you're already chasing and downing someone when EGC starts and they have to unhook that guy it does nothing as well. Need to try it more tho. Snowball-one-hit perks or the classic gen regression perks are still stronger imo.

  • Less meta and more of a good choice for variety. I personally hate playing with regression perks because I think they're boring for both parties. So No Way Out is actually a good alternative. It gives me that little bit of extra time when I need it the most. I've had plenty of games where I'm given ample time to snowball because of this perk. It generally feels more rewarding to use as well because you're actually doing something skillfull instead of kicking a gen or pushing someone off of a gen. Those endgame kills feel earned, unlike the empty victory of Bloodwarden and NOED.

  • To what I see a killer that use it with NOED,Blood Warden and Remember Me makes for a pretty powerful use especially if you was able to get the 4 tokens for both blood and no way.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653262#Comment_2653262

    A gen usually gets popped right before you get to the gen with Pop.

    Not with Freddy! )

  • @Zozzy said:

    I was running it before it was cool. It is a strong perk and will net you some extra kills if you did well enough in the match or if you pair it certain killers or perks.

    I loved it from the start as well! I didnt realize that it popped instantly like NOED though, which made me sad. I'm honestly impressed BHVR buffed such an end game perk tbh

  • Yeah but Freddy lacks fun. I don't play him cuz he's boring.. unlike his former self.